Found Deceased CA - Nancy Paulikas, 55, Los Angeles, 15 Oct 2016

Prayers she's found soon. Is it possible for family member to enter a or however many shelters in area to visually look themselves?

http://patch.com/california/longbea...p-long-beach-families-find-missing-loved-ones

Supervisor Janice Hahn proposed launching the "Bringing Our Loved Ones Home" effort, telling colleagues she was moved to do so after getting involved in the search for a missing Manhattan Beach resident...

Her family worries that Paulikas may be in a residential care center as a Jane Doe. She is in good health, but the highly-educated, once accomplished professional now communicates at the developmental stage of a 4-year-old, according to Hahn.

I can't believe no shelters or hospitals can report having found her so she can get the real help she needs, be back with her family, and not live on the streets.

The family of a Manhattan Beach woman with Alzheimer's disease who has been missing for nine months released an age-progressed photo Friday showing what she might look like today.

Police and loved ones who have spent months desperately searching for Paulikas believe she is lost in the medical system and being cared for as a Jane Doe in a long-term facility. Her family is offering a $30,000 reward for information leading to her return.

They believe her appearance may have changed dramatically in the past nine months.

The image released Friday depicts Paulikas with white hair, no glasses and skin showing signs of stress. She is pictured wearing a beanie to draw attention away from her hair style and onto her facial features, said her husband, Kirk Moody.

"Someone suggested releasing an age-progressed photo and I decided it was worth a shot," he said.

Moody plans to mail postcards with the image to thousands of specialized care facilities in 10 counties in Southern California in the hopes that someone will recognize his wife.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-...-missing-manhattan-beach-woman-nancy-paulikas

a72f576f522d0d7a3c4f8b587ca73a1a.jpg

[h=1]Family of Missing Woman With
Alzheimer’s Disease Gather at LACMA Film Screening to Raise Awareness[/h]http://ktla.com/2017/09/23/family-of-missing-woman-with-alzheimers-disease-gather-at-lacma-film-screening-to-raise-awareness/

KCET’s ‘SoCal Connected’ spotlights missing Manhattan Beach woman Nancy Paulikas

A recent KCET “SoCal Connected” episode profiling missing Manhattan Beach woman Nancy Paulikas will air two more times this week.

The 11-minute segment, titled “Where’s Nancy?”, will run at 8 p.m. Tuesday and 6:30 p.m. Sunday and also is available online.

It premiered Nov. 7 in the fifth episode of the award-winning weekly news program’s eighth season.

Reaching the right person

Paulikas, a 56-year-old Alzheimer’s patient, wandered from a family outing to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art on Oct. 15, 2016.

Continues at link-

http://www.dailybreeze.com/2017/11/...ing-manhattan-beach-woman-nancy-paulikas/amp/

Hello all,
New member -longtime viewer here. Facebook post last night indicates that Nancy Paulikas has not yet been found!$30,000 reward.

Praying very hard for Nancy to be found and come home.

I wish there was some sort of campaign to contact the many medical facilities (medical, convalescent, mental) in effort to identify the swarms of UID Jonh/Jane Does that are being cared for in them.

I wish there was some sort of campaign to contact the many medical facilities (medical, convalescent, mental) in effort to identify the swarms of UID Jonh/Jane Does that are being cared for in them.

I agree GigTu. It often seems like they don't even try to identify them until after they die. I can think of several JD's in NaMus that spent YEARS in hospitals without their identity being known and after they died they got entered to try to find their family. Are the current healthcare privacy laws preventing some kind of database for the unidentified LIVING? It's beyond heartbreaking for families like Nancy's that would rather be taking care of her themselves.

I agree GigTu. It often seems like they don't even try to identify them until after they die. I can think of several JD's in NaMus that spent YEARS in hospitals without their identity being known and after they died they got entered to try to find their family. Are the current healthcare privacy laws preventing some kind of database for the unidentified LIVING? It's beyond heartbreaking for families like Nancy's that would rather be taking care of her themselves.

https://patch.com/california/los-angeles/new-technology-inspired-alzheimers-patient-who-disappeared

New Technology Inspired By Alzheimer's Patient Who Disappeared

Supervisor Janice Hahn championed the issue in response to a woman who wandered away from her family at the LA County Museum of Art in 2016.

The primary solution recommended by the Bring Our Loved Ones Home task force, set up by the county about a year ago, is to offer a voluntary system of trackable bracelets for at-risk individuals.

The technology, offered by Project Lifesaver, looks like a watch. Individuals are not constantly monitored, but caretakers can inform sheriff's deputies when the person goes missing and helicopter-mounted receivers can triangulate the bracelet's position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie