Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep coming back to you guys off and on throughout the day. The news of Emily being arrested is bittersweet. On one hand, we're hoping to start getting answers and that Lucas will be found soon. On the other hand, it's confirming what we've been so afraid of. Thank you guys for being here.

Thank you for joining us here.

I'll just say that there are some people out there that care more about tail than they do their kids.
There's a nightmare scenario I can relate to. If that same woman is a narcissist, you have one helluva hot mess on your hands.

Also, not CPS.

They’re certainly included in “anyone else” but he was the person who should have been in the home keeping an eye on everything as he was the one defending her to CPS and family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21-5601. Endangering a child; aggravated endangering a child. (a) Endangering a child is knowingly and unreasonably causing or permitting a child under the age of 18 years to be placed in a situation in which the child's life, body or health may be endangered.
(b) Aggravated endangering a child is:
(1) Recklessly causing or permitting a child under the age of 18 years to be placed in a situation in which the child's life, body or health is endangered;
(2) causing or permitting such child to be in an environment where the person knows or reasonably should know that any person is distributing, possessing with intent to distribute, manufacturing or attempting to manufacture any methamphetamine, or analog thereof, as defined by subsection (d)(3) or (f)(1) of K.S.A. 65-4107, and amendments thereto; or
(3) causing or permitting such child to be in an environment where the person knows or reasonably should know that drug paraphernalia or volatile, toxic or flammable chemicals are stored for the purpose of manufacturing or attempting to manufacture any methamphetamine, or analog thereof, as defined by subsection (d)(3) or (f)(1) of K.S.A. 65-4107, and amendments thereto.

(c) (1) Endangering a child is a class A person misdemeanor.
(2) Aggravated endangering a child is a severity level 9, person felony. The sentence for a violation of aggravated endangering a child shall be served consecutively to any other term or terms of imprisonment imposed. Such sentence shall not be considered a departure and shall not be subject to appeal.
(d) Nothing in subsection (a) shall be construed to mean a child is endangered for the sole reason the child's parent or guardian, in good faith, selects and depends upon spiritual means alone through prayer, in accordance with the tenets and practice of a recognized church or religious denomination, for the treatment or cure of disease or remedial care of such child.
(e) As used in this section:
(1) "Manufacture" means the same as in K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 21-5701, and amendments thereto; and
(2) "drug paraphernalia" means the same as in K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 21-5701, and amendments thereto.
History: L. 2010, ch. 136, § 78; L. 2011, ch. 30, § 34; July 1.

Why is there so much specific reference to methamphetamine in this statute?

http://kslegislature.org/li_2012/b2..._article/021_056_0001_section/021_056_0001_k/

I think maybe because they need to have a way to get kids away from parents who are using meth.

They’re certainly included in “anyone else” but he was the person who should have been in the home keeping an eye on everything as he was the one defending her to CPS and family.

He works out of town. She was his babysitter. He took the risk. Lucas lost.

Regarding the dog not picking up a scent. In the recent case of the disappearance of Blake Bernstein, the dogs didn't "work" in that case either....

I have to wonder if we are not privy to what the dog(s) may have picked up in the house. Are most K9’s these days cross trained to both track and detect remains? (I’m asking the universe.)

I keep coming back to you guys off and on throughout the day. The news of Emily being arrested is bittersweet. On one hand, we're hoping to start getting answers and that Lucas will be found soon. On the other hand, it's confirming what we've been so afraid of. Thank you guys for being here.

I am honestly so sorry for you and your family. I can't imagine how hard this past few days has been to you or how this latest development has impacted on you. I hope so much that Lucas is found very soon. We will all be here at Websleuths to support you. Please pass on my love and thoughts to his family. My heart is with you

I have to wonder if we are not privy to what the dog(s) may have picked up in the house. Are most K9’s these days cross trained to both track and detect remains? (I’m asking the universe.)

I think there are dogs that track scent that are NOT trained as cadaver dogs also, but I could be wrong.

I'm so sorry. For those of us who have been in WS a while, we've sort of learned that statistically this is the usual outcome.

21-5601. Endangering a child; aggravated endangering a child. (a) Endangering a child is knowingly and unreasonably causing or permitting a child under the age of 18 years to be placed in a situation in which the child's life, body or health may be endangered.
(b) Aggravated endangering a child is:
(1) Recklessly causing or permitting a child under the age of 18 years to be placed in a situation in which the child's life, body or health is endangered;
(2) causing or permitting such child to be in an environment where the person knows or reasonably should know that any person is distributing, possessing with intent to distribute, manufacturing or attempting to manufacture any methamphetamine, or analog thereof, as defined by subsection (d)(3) or (f)(1) of K.S.A. 65-4107, and amendments thereto; or
(3) causing or permitting such child to be in an environment where the person knows or reasonably should know that drug paraphernalia or volatile, toxic or flammable chemicals are stored for the purpose of manufacturing or attempting to manufacture any methamphetamine, or analog thereof, as defined by subsection (d)(3) or (f)(1) of K.S.A. 65-4107, and amendments thereto.

(c) (1) Endangering a child is a class A person misdemeanor.
(2) Aggravated endangering a child is a severity level 9, person felony. The sentence for a violation of aggravated endangering a child shall be served consecutively to any other term or terms of imprisonment imposed. Such sentence shall not be considered a departure and shall not be subject to appeal.
(d) Nothing in subsection (a) shall be construed to mean a child is endangered for the sole reason the child's parent or guardian, in good faith, selects and depends upon spiritual means alone through prayer, in accordance with the tenets and practice of a recognized church or religious denomination, for the treatment or cure of disease or remedial care of such child.
(e) As used in this section:
(1) "Manufacture" means the same as in K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 21-5701, and amendments thereto; and
(2) "drug paraphernalia" means the same as in K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 21-5701, and amendments thereto.
History: L. 2010, ch. 136, § 78; L. 2011, ch. 30, § 34; July 1.

Why is there so much specific reference to methamphetamine in this statute?

http://kslegislature.org/li_2012/b2..._article/021_056_0001_section/021_056_0001_k/

The manufacturing of meth is extremely toxic and volatile. I believe that is why having a child in that environment is specifically addressed in the statute for child endangerment

It depends on the dog and the *shudder* decomp time.

My labs will track a live thing for long distances, but if we use say a thawed frozen (feathered, not rotten) bird they can not get nearly as far. If they were rotten (like old raw chicken in my trash can) they’d follow it for ages.

Prayers and thoughts for your family that this can be resolved very quickly now. We all do care very much for you and Lucas!

I was under the impression that it was either/or not both. I am also curious if they took cadaver dogs in, because they didn't find anything in the house [relevant to his disappearance?]. But I don't know if they use cadaver dogs in the homes of missing children or if they wait until there's reason to believe the child might have come to harm there?

Also I wonder if there have been any sightings of Lucas since the move and whether they took cadaver dogs to the former apartment and did forensic checks there for blood or fluids that might have seeped into carpets or floorboards or anything that isn't taken when you move?

In case you missed it yes the stepmom can be discussed.

She has been arrested.

Has anyone ever heard of law enforcement not mentioning the name of a person arrested for a crime?

I don't understand it either.

The only reason that I can think of is that she, or someone she knows, has friends in high places.

Agree
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

While looking through all of the people who had 'liked' pictures on Emily Glass's FB, I followed one back to someone interested in the same enlightenment baloney she was drawn to. The numbers they post about are called Angel Numbers and you can google that easily. Esp 111 and 114. The mark on her forehead in her main FB pic refers to rune markings and third eye whatever.

What's especially pertinent is this SS I saw, posted Sept 26, 2017. I am posting SS here (of her SS). I don't think it will violate TOS as I've cropped replies so that it doesn't reveal others involved in her request for help. If you dig through the people who like her old pics, you'll end up where I did.

Makes me so sick and angry.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Emily Glass FB post for help.jpg
    Emily Glass FB post for help.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 568
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online