TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this was discussed, but I'm having trouble recalling the reason Missy didn't have the Camp Gladiator classes at her church, the Cowboy Church. Anyone recall the reason the classes weren't held at the Cowboy Church?
Cowboy Church of Ellis County is in Waxahachie. About 12 miles away from Midlo where CCoC is. My guess is that's the market they were trying to hit. They would sometimes attend The Ave church in Midlo (they have the boomingist youth program in the area.) for their 3 youth.

Cowboy Church of Ellis County is in Waxahachie. About 12 miles away from Midlo where CCoC is..

That's not correct.

Yes, technically, they are "in" different towns, because there's a city limit boundary between the 2.

But those churches are very close geographically - both on hwy 287 between hwy I-35 interchange and hwy US-67 interchange, both on N side of hwy, both between Midlothian (proper) and Waxahachie (proper), and only about 2 miles apart. CCoC is more centrally located between the two towns. And the physical facility of both churches is similar in size per google map images.

So one explanation, maybe more of her clients were from Midlothian than Waxahachie. From what I understand, the plan at the time was for those classes to be moved into the Midlothian town itself soon. Or maybe one church had a sizable covered porch suitable for outdoor class use and the other did not. Or maybe the answer is as simple as CCoC was open to the idea.

Of course, the reason doesn't really matter. Fact is, they were held where they were held.

Cowboy Church of Ellis County is in Waxahachie. About 12 miles away from Midlo where CCoC is. My guess is that's the market they were trying to hit. They would sometimes attend The Ave church in Midlo (they have the boomingist youth program in the area.) for their 3 youth.

I understand you are saying Waxahachie and Midlothian are about 12 miles apart not the churches. Google maps confirm Thanks for the refresher
Wax Midlo distance.JPG

It really is interesting going back through notes and old threads..
:thinking:
06-16-2016, 03:13 PM#453 Cannonball3804 https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-28&p=12636334#post12636334
<snip>
As a degreed journalist who has actually studied media law, I am comfortable in saying that MPD is going to find themselves compelled by force to release information that they refuse to release voluntarily.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-28&p=12636334#post12636334
Originally Posted by PatTheRat 01-26-2017, 11:40 PM#16 https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-40&p=13100450#post13100450
Received my records in response to my PIA request today from MPD requesting all PIA requests received on the Missy Bevers case. Was very surprised that only 3 different groups/individuals made requests given the national attention it has received.

On April 20th - 2 days after the murder - MPD received a request from WFAA/News 8 for "9-1-1 call recording(s), Surveillance Video, Squad Car Video & Radio Transmissions, Dashcam and/or Bodycam video and police report(s) and associated documents regarding the murder investigation of Terri Bevers."

On April 28th, KXAS-TV/NBC 5 made its PIA request for "All surveillance video from Creekside Church as it relates to the homicide investigation of Terri Bevers. Copies of all Search Warrants and Search Warrant returns issued as a part of the investigation into the homicide of Terri Bevers. Copies of all 911 audio tapes regarding the homicide of Terri Bevers. Copies of all Offense/Incident reports involving the investigation of the homicide of Terri Bevers. Copies of the autopsy of Terri Bevers."

On June 4th, a "freelance journalist" requested 911 calls regarding the Missy Bevers case. MPD relied on previous AG determination to refuse this request. On June 7th, a second request from the same requestor came in for redacted 911 calls and transcripts. On July 12th, this requestor asked for "all of the surveillance video footage" regarding MB's case; MPD relied on the previous AG ruling to deny this request. On July 25th, this same requestor asked for "Probable Cause Affidavits." On October 21st, the same requestor asked again for the additional surveillance video footage.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-40&p=13100450#post13100450

My post to Pat the Rat post 01-27-2017, 12:08 AM#19 arkansasmimi https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-40&p=13100483#post13100483
Snip Respectfully Snipped for space, these are the documents that we have been speaking about since June, and each time that "new" documents are posted here. Not trying to be snarky. Just that something we have been speaking of for long time.
From Cannonballs FOIA (thanks again Cannonball) who posted for us on 6/7/2016 https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...8#post12612388 < has link to dropbox with scanned document.

On June 4th, a "freelance journalist" requested 911 calls regarding the Missy Bevers case. MPD relied on previous AG determination to refuse this request. On June 7th, a second request from the same requestor came in for redacted 911 calls and transcripts. On July 12th, this requestor asked for "all of the surveillance video footage" regarding MB's case; MPD relied on the previous AG ruling to deny this request. On July 25th, this same requestor asked for "Probable Cause Affidavits." On October 21st, the same requestor asked again for the additional surveillance video footage

I'd love to know who that requester was. Dogged journalist for sure.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

I have nothing to offer about this case but I want to express how much I appreciate the dedication shown here to finding Missy&#8217;s killer. It&#8217;s been almost two years. I have searched her name and come to Websleuths daily for updates. I won&#8217;t mention names in case I miss anyone, but thank you for keeping Missy&#8217;s name out there. The posts and the posters are remarkable. IMO.

I think of her often, hoping for justice.

Does anyone know if her classes were well received? Did she face any flack from the church or church members? Had the church been robbed at any time Prior? Were there any keys unaccounted for? Anyone fired around the murder time frame? xo

On June 4th, a "freelance journalist" requested 911 calls regarding the Missy Bevers case. MPD relied on previous AG determination to refuse this request. On June 7th, a second request from the same requestor came in for redacted 911 calls and transcripts. On July 12th, this requestor asked for "all of the surveillance video footage" regarding MB's case; MPD relied on the previous AG ruling to deny this request. On July 25th, this same requestor asked for "Probable Cause Affidavits." On October 21st, the same requestor asked again for the additional surveillance video footage

I'd love to know who that requester was. Dogged journalist for sure.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

RBBM, JMHO same one who shared stuff but again that jmho since documents shared were obtained from FOIA. Wouldn't be the first journalist type that has been here. There is a podcast with done with WS https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Tamara-Jolee-Metcalfe&p=12551290#post12551290 with a Tamara Jolee a local to Midlotian and journalist http://tamarajolee.blogspot.com/p/biography.html , that matched up with posts here of a member.

:thinking: why did that person who a Dec 2016 SW have a media interview? Strange since nothing was referenced by any media as to being started by a SW related to MB case. Just lots of things to go :thinking: Guess now we have to rely on MSM.

RBBM, JMHO same one who shared stuff but again that jmho since documents shared were obtained from FOIA. Wouldn't be the first journalist type that has been here. There is a podcast with done with WS https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Tamara-Jolee-Metcalfe&p=12551290#post12551290 with a Tamara Jolee a local to Midlotian and journalist http://tamarajolee.blogspot.com/p/biography.html , that matched up with posts here of a member.

:thinking: why did that person who a Dec 2016 SW have a media interview? Strange since nothing was referenced by any media as to being started by a SW related to MB case. Just lots of things to go :thinking: Guess now we have to rely on MSM.

Probably because the MSM media contacted him, and he wanted to share his story. BWH experienced severe difficulties trying to retrieve his seized items from MPD. It's my understanding that he filed a formal complaint against the city on June 10, 2017. Why did the media want to talk to him? He is linked to the MB story. Why did BWH agree to talk? He likely wanted to appeal to the public to help him get out of jail. It apparently worked. BWH was interviewed from his jell cell on September 8, 2017, by WFAA. He was released from jail 5 days later on September 13, 2017.

If this case rests with the MSM, help us! Missy deserves better than that.

ETA - I wish a "dogged journalist" would ask MPD why a SW was executed on a person who is 5 inches above the upper range of their height estimate. It smells fishy to me!

Probably because the MSM media contacted him, and he wanted to share his story. BWH experienced severe difficulties trying to retrieve his seized items from MPD. It's my understanding that he filed a formal complaint against the city on June 10, 2017. Why did the media want to talk to him? He is linked to the MB story. Why did BWH agree to talk? He likely wanted to appeal to the public to help him get out of jail. It apparently worked. BWH was interviewed from his jell cell on September 8, 2017, by WFAA. He was released from jail 5 days later on September 13, 2017.

If this case rests with the MSM, help us! Missy deserves better than that.

ETA - I wish a "dogged journalist" would ask MPD why a SW was executed on a person who is 5 inches above the upper range of their height estimate. It smells fishy to me!

:ditto: and 7 months after the forensic reconstruction at that.

:ditto: and 7 months after the forensic reconstruction at that.

This is a rhetorical question for you. LOL Did you see how long it took for them to extract the information off his computer and then arrest him? His items were seized in December 2016. In March of 2017, the authorities found the inappropriate images, and it was not until the very end of June that he was arrested. It doesn't make sense.

Here's another thing that bothers me about the execution of that SW, and it is a far bigger issue. MPD was not trying to claim that BWH was an accessory to MB's murder. They were unequivocally claiming that he was SP. He was the man roaming the building on video. In the affidavit, the only two things that tied BWH to MB's murder were the swat gear and his gait. Yet, BWH is outside MPD's height range, which has supposedly been validated by several agencies, by several inches. Let that sink in.

Where is the MSM asking these questions? The silence in this case is deafening, and I am feeling so incredibly frustrated tonight.

Thank you for sharing the links to the earlier threads. I got a laugh seeing how much my personal thoughts about this case have changed. Ironically enough, I was praising LE's efforts. With much more time and hindsight, this case was botched from the beginning. As the saying goes, "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

This is a rhetorical question for you. LOL Did you see how long it took for them to extract the information off his computer and then arrest him? His items were seized in December 2016. In March of 2017, the authorities found the inappropriate images, and it was not until the very end of June that he was arrested. It doesn't make sense.

Here's another thing that bothers me about the execution of that SW, and it is a far bigger issue. MPD was not trying to claim that BWH was an accessory to MB's murder. They were unequivocally claiming that he was SP. He was the man roaming the building on video. In the affidavit, the only two things that tied BWH to MB's murder were the swat gear and his gait. Yet, BWH is outside MPD's height range, which has supposedly been validated by several agencies, by several inches. Let that sink in.

Where is the MSM asking these questions? The silence in this case is deafening, and I am feeling so incredibly frustrated tonight.

Thank you for sharing the links to the earlier threads. I got a laugh seeing how much my personal thoughts about this case have changed. Ironically enough, I was praising LE's efforts. With much more time and hindsight, this case was botched from the beginning. As the saying goes, "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."
TOTALLY with ya Peach! I got many many questions.

WHOA Check this out! A local member here knew I have a wish list !!! Look at this! :loveyou:

Talking about illusions, I have said this all along. The church is not as dark as we (I) thought. While there are no street lights on the North side, there were lights on the building then and now. Whether it was another illusion with Kerry Sanders lighting, not sure but that whole front West glass entrance is lit up from outside lights.

Here is news helicopter video ss notice placement of the playground in the SE rear of building. *it in one of the photos.
The person went by recently during the dark and weather was rainy. I dated the date I just rec'd photos. Coming from the opposite direction than SWFA.

Creekside Chruch helicopter video april 18 2016 playground area .JPG

From turn lane 287 S Creekside Chruch dark feb 23 2018 3.JPG

Pulled into CCoC with headlights on Creekside Chruch dark feb 23 2018 1.JPG
Pulled into CCoC with headlights off view. Notice lighting around church from this view! Creekside Chruch dark feb 23 2018 2.JPG
Awning where MB parked Creekside Chruch dark feb 23 2018 6.JPG

WHOA Check this out! A local member here knew I have a wish list !!! Look at this! :loveyou:

Talking about illusions, I have said this all along. The church is not as dark as we (I) thought. While there are no street lights on the North side, there were lights on the building then and now. Whether it was another illusion with Kerry Sanders lighting, not sure but that whole front West glass entrance is lit up from outside lights.

Here is news helicopter video ss notice placement of the playground in the SE rear of building. *it in one of the photos.
The person went by recently during the dark and weather was rainy. I dated the date I just rec'd photos. Coming from the opposite direction than SWFA.

View attachment 130553

From turn lane 287 S View attachment 130554

Pulled into CCoC with headlights on View attachment 130555
Pulled into CCoC with headlights off view. Notice lighting around church from this view! View attachment 130556
Awning where MB parked View attachment 130557

Creekside Chruch helicopter video april 18 2016 playground area .JPG

Playground at SE corner of buildingCreekside Chruch dark feb 23 2018 playground.JPG
Creekside Chruch dark feb 23 2018 67JPG.JPG
Creekside Chruch dark feb 23 2018 7.JPG
Rear parking NE side Creekside Chruch dark feb 23 2018 8.JPG

View attachment 130553

From turn lane 287 S View attachment 130554

Pulled into CCoC with headlights on View attachment 130555
Pulled into CCoC with headlights off view. Notice lighting around church from this view! View attachment 130556
Awning where MB parked View attachment 130557
Permission to share:
"If I pulled into that parking lot in the far, I wouldn’t have seen a vehicle parked around by the kitchen entrance.
Immediate structure is well lit. Anything 3 rows or further back fades into darkness. Rainfall would limit the view even more. It’s like she walked into a trap. "

:thinking: Random thinking out loud and JMHO (except what we know from SW)
Remember there was rain that dark morning so visibility would be somewhat not as clear. But I am told it has been raining there now as it was then, so it gives us some prespective. Notice in the helicopter photos later that morning how concrete parking lot dried quickly and where water ran off to.

Church closer to 287 than prior photos appear.
Not as blackout dark as thought prior. The lights on were on the building April 18, 2016. Not sure if they were on or tampered with to make it dark. :thinking: darn sure could be seen messing with door if lights were on like now.

Even the area where Suspect busted kitchen window and tore up the handle on the metal Kitchen door is lit up.

A passerby from 287 could very well have seen someone leaving.

JMHO I think very possible depending upon where the 1st camper parked possible to have seen a car leave. BUT if parked over in parking spots near rear of MB truck, would not have if drove out and turned onto 287 to the right - not crossing over to go towards SWFA

"The front passenger door and truck bed lid was open" We don't know if the 1st Camper got out first (seen MB truck open so knew she was there jmho) We do not know how long it was until the next campers arrived on scene. While timeline say certain times there are other times listed in the SW affidavits. Like 4:18 entered/4:20 and various wordings by Johnson/document make me think she may have went in than came back out 4:18 then 4:20. That is kinda up in air. But in the SW it says 5:06 is a 911 call. JMHO I think they round off some times and use approximately.

The remark from MPD about car being seen on surveillance camera, they clarified that came from a SWFA camera. "There&#8217;s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance." So that car seen was NOT there once first responders arrived. Possible even when other campers arrived. POSSIBLE it left after the campers all went in but jmho that vehicle hauled butt out of there. I am thinking to be seen by SWFA car had to be parked on that NE corner not on the North side near kitchen doors.

* Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. &#8211; Mrs. Bevers&#8217; pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:20 A.M. &#8211; Mrs. Bevers appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church building.
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:35 A.M. &#8211; Participant in Camp Gladiator arrives at location
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:00 A.M. &#8211; Two 911 calls received from location
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:01 A.M. &#8211; Fire Department dispatched
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:03 A.M. &#8211; Initial Patrol Officers dispatched
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:07 A.M. &#8211; Fire Department arrives at the location
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:10 A.M. &#8211; Officers arrive at the location https://www.facebook.com/Midlothian...95047007358/10154076101077359/?type=3&theater

Dec 2016 SW
"Investigators also received information from a passerby, on the morning of the MURDER at approximately 4:30 AM, that a vehicle was observed leaving the Creekside Church parking lot which was described as a dark in color small sport utility wagon."
4/18/16 Report snippet that we got from CB, stated that "The front passenger door and truck bed lid was open"
Johnson said a vehicle can be seen on the video may belong to the killer, but there's not enough information to give the public.

"There&#8217;s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,&#8221; Johnson said. https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/P...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

Your welcome. Exactly on the other stuff.
This had to be too planned out for different scenarios. Or the luckiest killer ever. Or MPD messing up from the beginning. Could be a big mixture of all the above.

The tip on someone seeing a dark suv wagon leaving at approx 4:30? How does that compare to the SWFA surveillance that had a car in frame Johnson spoke of?

Who was the passerby and when was that tip received? When was that in relation to when the tip( (s) unsure how many) for the individual in the Dec 2016 received? He was security at the CCoC prayer service. Per the SW Affidavit the person had been questioned in May 2016. Did someone see the individual there in person or on the media video? Have to go back and reread that whole bit of info that was shared here. Strange for sure.

On the video sent to the expert, that a report was used in the PC Affidavit. Did any other agencies look at the videos that the expert looked at? What about the same Tarrant County agency that did the forensic reconstruction - that gave us the 5'2 -5'7 height?

JMHO as I gave my opinion prior, the 5'2 -5'7 height also uses info from the autopsy report, the actual building and the video to come up with that new height. And why there is a diff from the original height estimate. JMHO on that.

I hope some day justice is served in this case.

Meanwhile, I’ve loosely been on the “SP is probably female” thoughts, until yesterday.

I was stuck at a train while a parking meter ticket officer was flagging cars parked on the wrong side of the road. He walked EXACTLY like SP! Exactly the same.

Since the train was long, I rolled down my window and said, “Great weather for having to walk around today!”

He then proceeded to tell me he had lost 200 pounds with 50 more to go and got a walking job on purpose.

Anyway, I then looked up YouTube videos of men who’ve lost large amounts of weight, and that walking style was unusually prevalent.

Anyway, MOO etc.

MTA He also said that his walking hurt his knees, and he was going to therapy to correct his gait.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted on the wrong thread , the guy arrested for murdering the postal worker in South Dallas has a Duck Walk exactly like the video I dont have a link but it was on fox 4 Dallas last night and looks to be the exact size and has a robbery/theft background it was my first thought when I saw him walk , he moved slow too I mean it was spot on !!! wonder if

he ever broke into any of those South Dallas Churches ....sorry didn't finish thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151