FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had time to catch up. NOW it all makes sense. He stopped shooting because the fire alarm went off! This was one of the things that I never understood. Why go guns blazing for 10mins and then just put your weapon down with a full bag of ammo? He didn’t plan for the fire alarm to go off.

This article speaks about the month after Lynda Cruz passed away. The cops were called 3 times to the Lantana home of Rocxanne Deschamps.:

https://www.abc15.com/news/national...11-records-detail-weeks-before-school-rampage

[FONT=&quot]After misplacing a photo of his dead mother, 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz punched a hole in the wall of a Lantana trailer he lived in and started to ‘break things’.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deschamps told deputies Cruz had been “going through a lot” with the loss of his mother and “did not want [Cruz] to go to jail.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"What happened is nobody's responsibility,” said Deschamps. “Except that [Cruz] has mental issues, and that is all we can do."[/FONT]

I think the 'hearing demons' comment came from one of his public defenders after his arrest. I suspected it was a
prelude to using a defense claiming 'insanity'.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if he even told his lawyers as much, but I'm not buying what he's selling if he did. For his claim to be true, those "demon voices" have been talking to him for more than a year. And... with all the trouble he's had during that time, I would think these voices would have made themselves known to others by this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it so sad that no family members have been mentioned other than the sister in law and cousin. They may not be interested in managing the estate?

Lynda M. Cruz has 9 friends on FB, her obituary is blank but I found Roger’s ‘Roger P Cruz’. It appears from the guest book he has an adult married daughter (entry from the son in law). I noticed Roger has a sister (not the one who has publicly spoken). It was nice to see a kind message from a colleague who mentioned having worked with Roger since 1970.

Now Broward Co. schools say NC was Never Expelled.
Hot potato, hot potato
CYA

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article201216104.html

In NYS, if a student has an IEP and has a disciplinary incident, a Manifestation Determination hearing must be held. If the disciplinary incident is related to a manifestation of their disability, they can not be disciplined or suspended although a change in placement may occur if the school and family agree, etc. (http://www.p12.nysed.gov/specialed/publications/policy/prosafenotice/sept05.htm) I will say that NYS is good about ems'ing students if it appears that there is a mental health issue.

This is a safeguard to ensure that schools are handling the full range of actions/behaviors that are related to the disability (something that is part of the person's make-up rather than a choice).

Here's an article that has a picture of Nikolas and Zachary Cruz. It says that Lynda stated their birth mother was a drug addict. Judging by the picture, Zachary is half-black. This doesn't add up to the theory that they weren't told of their adoption until much later in life... maybe Nikolas wasn't told until later on but Zachary was?. This also confuses me on Nikolas being racist?.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/21/photo-shows-accused-florida-gunman-his-brother-holding-moms-ashes/

A mind is an incredible thing. My kids are not my race. I can not tell you how many times people met us and said the kids looked like me,,,,,,,, there is no way---2 different races, no similar features like eye color or facial structure. I have learned not to assume racial make-up of people I meet because i have met people who look African American to me but are from Italy--do I think that if we go back a 100 years there is mixing? Yes.

Kids don't necessarily see things the way an adult might. The dad (I have not seen a picture of the dad) might have had darker coloring, we don't know. Kids usually won't ask once we tell them something, especially if it is about the life story that they have been told. Racism is often about the others, not the ones we love and are close to us--family is often the good ones versus the bad ones (whatever those ones are).

Articles speaks about the time after Lynda Cruz passed.:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/21/us/s...first-host-family-told-police-invs/index.html

She warned the police dispatcher that Cruz said "he was going to get his gun and come back," records show.
Rocxanne Deschamps told the dispatcher that Cruz had "bought tons of ammo" and "has used a gun against ppl before," the notes said. "He has put the gun to others heads in the past."
"The boy was stoic. Not a tear. Not an emotion. I asked him if he was upset. He said: 'I'm upset because nobody came, and nobody cares about my mother,'" Gold recalled.

Articles speaks about the time after Lynda Cruz passed.:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/21/us/s...first-host-family-told-police-invs/index.html

She warned the police dispatcher that Cruz said "he was going to get his gun and come back," records show.
Rocxanne Deschamps told the dispatcher that Cruz had "bought tons of ammo" and "has used a gun against ppl before," the notes said. "He has put the gun to others heads in the past."
"The boy was stoic. Not a tear. Not an emotion. I asked him if he was upset. He said: 'I'm upset because nobody came, and nobody cares about my mother,'" Gold recalled.

And she did or did not discuss these incidents with the Sneads? Because they were defending her about the $2900. If they discussed that then I imagine she would fill them in on the LE calls, guns and the physical altercation with her son prior to her bringing him to their house.

I can't believe no one is talking about how there was only one incident involving DCF and it was after NC was 18!

It's seriously hard to believe no one ever called DCF on that family while he was growing up considering there were almost 40 calls to police.

Yes, it is hard to believe, and there is this ‘Robert* Mark Enterprises’ (Westchester). Ive been trying to connect dots to some missing pieces. ‘Weiner’ his partner had ties to medical entities and something brief with LE.

Roger P Cruz is Robert*

I don’t know enough details on the lawsuit she filed for her husbands medical care.

There is a suit filed in 2007 by Robert Mark Enterprise, the plaintiff is ‘Pension Benefit Guarantee Corp’. I can’t get through the JUSTIA firewall for further details. Maybe Gitana can check to see if it amounts to anything.

We don’t have the medical info/names/doctors/hospital on where she was when she passed away, or the preceding clinic visit.

Then there is ‘not going to the doctor to save money’.

Any of these above have anything to do with why allegedly DCF wasn’t called?

I use to be all for people having guns of their choice but not anymore. I mean the only civilians using assault rifles are the one's going bat crap crazy on innocent people and mostly children. I've never read an incident where a mother woke in the middle of night and took out five intruders with her AAC Honey Badger and laid down some law. Something had to change. It's going to happen again

Yes, it is hard to believe, and there is this ‘Robert* Mark Enterprises’ (Westchester). Ive been trying to connect dots to some missing pieces. ‘Weiner’ his partner had ties to medical entities and something brief with LE.

Roger P Cruz is Robert*

I don’t know enough details on the lawsuit she filed for her husbands medical care.

There is a suit filed in 2007 by Robert Mark Enterprise, the plaintiff is ‘Pension Benefit Guarantee Corp’. I can’t get through the JUSTIA firewall for further details. Maybe Gitana can check to see if it amounts to anything.

We don’t have the medical info/names/doctors/hospital on where she was when she passed away, or the preceding clinic visit.

Then there is ‘not going to the doctor to save money’.

Any of these above have anything to do with why allegedly DCF wasn’t called?

The DCF visit seemed to have happened because someone was concerned w/ Lynda Cruz not adequately supervising
her sons and allegedly abusing them. I would guess this would have been a neighbor who was fed up w/ the boys
wandering and the problems they caused. From the comments from neighbors after the shooting and the problems
they discussed I would say this is what happened.

The calls to 911 seemed to come from Lynda herself with her inability to control/manage her sons.

I use to be all for people having guns of their choice but not anymore. I mean the only civilians using assault rifles are the one's going bat crap crazy on innocent people and mostly children. I've never read an incident where a mother woke in the middle of night and took out five intruders with her AAC Honey Badger and laid down some law. Something had to change. It's going to happen again

You'd be surprised at just who has an assault rifle in their home. More than you realize. Can't unring that bell.

Just had time to catch up. NOW it all makes sense. He stopped shooting because the fire alarm went off! This was one of the things that I never understood. Why go guns blazing for 10mins and then just put your weapon down with a full bag of ammo? He didn’t plan for the fire alarm to go off.

Where is that idea coming from? The girl who described the shooting said alarm went off, they got into the stairwell, then the shooting started. Not the other way around.

Where is that idea coming from? The girl who described the shooting said alarm went off, they got into the stairwell, then the shooting started. Not the other way around.

The student that did the AMA on Reddit said that the shooting started and seconds later the alarm went off. He said he believes that the shooter didn't pull the alarm.

I wonder why the shooters inheritance was not used to get him professional help, if in deed he is mentally ill. The mentally ill label seems to depend on who is telling his story. It is astonishing how one person can cause so much destruction in such a short amount of time. Seventeen innocent lives were ended, and many more victims left because of his horrible deed. Could his inheritance be used to help the victims who are still alive, the ones who have to go on living with this horror he has caused. Maybe it can be used to help Zachary so he does not copy what his brother has done. I don’t know the answers to all these killings that keep happening. God bless those lives that have ended. God bless the ones left behind, families and friends.

No link, but I recall reading that the alarm may have gone off from the heat of the gunshots.... maybe it wasn't planned and he is not the one who pulled it? I think it may have been in an earlier post here, but for now it is only my recollection. Sorry not to have a link.

Re the fire alarm:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article200661169.html

The deadliness of Cruz’s rampage may have been exacerbated by something that happened early on: Shortly after the shooting commenced, a fire alarm went off. It’s unclear whether Cruz deliberately set off the alarm. Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie said later it was likely tripped by smoke from the firing of the assault rifle in the closed hallway.
The fire alarm put students and teachers directly in Cruz’s path before it dawned on anyone what was really going on.

The DCF visit seemed to have happened because someone was concerned w/ Lynda Cruz not adequately supervising
her sons and allegedly abusing them. I would guess this would have been a neighbor who was fed up w/ the boys
wandering and the problems they caused. From the comments from neighbors after the shooting and the problems
they discussed I would say this is what happened.

The calls to 911 seemed to come from Lynda herself with her inability to control/manage her sons.

Thanks Enelram. I think the question in post #320 was why ‘wasn’t’ DCF called more often and why the only DCF involved incident was after NC turned 18. Being as there were so many calls to LE, it seems they should have sourced DCF and any others that apply for obvious cautionary reasons. If not I stand corrected.

I so admire these young people! I hope they stay focused on their issue and don’t let politics/the ones who say these kids are crisis actors distract them. I wish they would not even acknowledge them. These kids know the truth; I hope they will not be side tracked. I believe “mental illness” and “gun control” are such huge political issues it will take a miracle for these issues to change any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam