GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing CDC employee left work sick 10 days ago, hasn't been seen since, police say
February 22, 2018

Snipped...
...Cunningham, who studied at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, works as an epidemic intelligence service officer and has been sent to respond to public health emergencies including the Ebola virus and the Zika virus, according to the CDC.

..."This is an appeal to the public," Terrell Cunningham added. "We're seeking your help in bringing Tim back safe."

...Anyone with information is urged to call 911 or the Atlanta Police Homicide/Adult Missing Persons Unit at 404-546-4235.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-cdc-employee-left-work-sick-10-days/story?id=53284363

I see nothing that mentions his father, confusion or anger in that link. Is that the correct link?

why isn't this getting more attention? here, there, everywhere? I know the obvious reason but aside from that, why isn't this bigger? Does the family need help getting the word out? I see they are active, but maybe they need more help?

The fact that he called in sick... maybe that needs to be explored. Could it have been someone else calling in purporting to be him? Did he say how he was sick? (i.e., flu, sore back, upset stomach?) Some of the articles use the language"..he reported to be sick" (emphasis on the word reported, leaving room for this not to be true IMO) I imagine that's so because no one can verify that he sick at this point. ETA; Ugh, the BET article linked by JG at post 18 says he was at work and told his bosses he was sick and went home. But this one http://www.atlantaloop.com/atlanta-police-search-for-missing-cdc-employee/ says that he called in sick at 7am. Hmmm...

And leaving his dog, who he seems very bonded with...

I have to believe that either LE knows a lot more, or perhaps his loved ones are holding something back. Was he struggling at all, honestly? With anything or anyone? He just got promoted to head of the US Health Corps. Is this work related?

It's been 10 days.

It's stated in the various articles posted here that TC "left work sick", not that he called-in sick.

I just hate it when someone vanishes without their ID, cell phone, car etc... I live in SC and usually missing people in GA are reported but I haven't seen anything. I wonder if any of the neighbors have security cameras outside of their house. I noticed on the show First 48 that Atlanta detectives have solved quite a bit of murders that way.

:tyou: Gardener...i totally missed that :blushing:

Where are you Tim???

:candle:

:tyou: Gardener...i totally missed that :blushing:

Where are you Tim???

:candle:

It might have been updated after you posted. I went "OMG, that could be him!" when I read the first couple lines, then I read the whole thing.

I hope Tim turns up soon!

I hope police can confirm 100% that it isn't him soon.

The ill & acting strangely made me wonder if he had come into cotact with any dangerous diseases.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

updated photo:

tim.JPG_web.jpg

Timothy is an accomplished man who graduated from Morehouse and earned a master’s degree and doctorate from Harvard University. As an epidemic intelligence officer, Cunningham has been deployed for public health emergencies, including superstorm Sandy, Ebola and Zika.

It’s unusual for him not to contact family, his father said. "This is not normal, this is definitely out of the ordinary."

http://www.statesman.com/news/natio...appearance-not-normal/k2PlY1alVmNseHeieVYQUM/

Cunningham was last seen by coworkers while leaving his workplace, the Centers for Disease Control, in Chamblee, Georgia. The family said he called out sick from work and hasn't been heard from since that day. They said it is unusual for him not to contact them. Family members believe he could be in his work uniform but they aren't sure. He is described as about 5 feet 11 inches tall and 230 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

http://www.11alive.com/article/news...dc-employee-missing-since-monday/85-519865321

It was 62 degrees in Chamblee Georgia the day Timothy disappeared so the lakes, etc. aren't frozen.
Looks like he walked to his destination.
Has the closest body of water to his home been searched?

The ill & acting strangely made me wonder if he had come into cotact with any dangerous diseases.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk
Or slow poisoning of some sort?
imo, speculation.

What a smart, accomplished and handsome man! Praying for a happy outcome here.

<modsnip>

Where is he? This case gives me no vibes one way or the other. I would lean a bit towards foul though for the sole reason that he left his dog alone. No dog lover would ever do that.

If he was very sick with influenza and developed pneumonia, a low oxygen level could have caused him to go missing without his phone, ID, keys, car. Brain does not work right once oxygen levels dip low enough. So sad. I pray he is ok, seems he has a lot to offer this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member