GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

The difference between 1st/2nd degree here in CA is premeditation. Is that not true for Alabama?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s correct with Alabama and other aggravating circumstances. A person dying while in the process of another crime such as rape/robbery.

Tombstones aren't put up immediately. In fact, Mom had ordered one for my Dad, it was several months before it was erected, right before Mom died.

2Hope4,

DailyMail was making a big deal about the unmarked grave. I agree it takes time to get it cut etc. and some places have wait times.

Sorry you lost both your parents. Mine both died in the same year, a long time ago.

It irks me to still see articles saying, "MOM WITH DOUBLE LIFE," etc. etc. Kat West did not live a double life. It was not a secret. She was not trying to hide it. She was a woman who was proud of her body and found a way to turn that into a job to earn extra income. Calling it a double life is just casting shade on a victim for no reason. You can be sexy and be a mom and family-woman. She was not some double agent slinking off to the shadows. Aggravating to see her constantly displayed that way.

With that being said, her husband clearly knew about it. It wasn't secret, as I said. I'm wondering if, he was initially on-board and then grew jealous about the attention she received from other men, maybe even about how much money she was making doing it. Maybe he felt like he was second string and that made him angry, and it all just boiled over in an alcohol fueled argument.

Whatever the case, her husband left her mostly nude, on the side of the road like a piece of garbage waiting for pickup. Sickening. I hope he pays dearly. I have seen his internet escapades, raging against the public and FB groups and media (going so far as to post the pictures and names of people in sleuth groups who dared to look in his direction on his page publicly). I've seen his profile picture updates and the pictures of Kat that he put up, trying to make himself appear the loving husband - even recently. What a real SOB. Parading around like he's a victim too, trying to garner sympathy.

My heart hurts for that little girl.

Yes! All of this!

Hey, all.

I read about the case when it happened, but didn't follow the thread here on WS.

To me, this looks like a drunken argument that got out of hand. With his nonchalant attitude after her death, my hunch is they have had alcohol-fueled arguments in the past and things weren't so happy (speculation).

Things can go from fine to nasty in one second when too much alcohol - plus building resentment/anger - is consumed.

The reports today say that one key piece of evidence made the arrest possible. What, I wonder? Video? DNA?

Speculation only. jmopinion at the moment.

Hey, all.

I read about the case when it happened, but didn't follow the thread here on WS.

To me, this looks like a drunken argument that got out of hand. With his nonchalant attitude after her death, my hunch is they have had alcohol-fueled arguments in the past and things weren't so happy (speculation).

Things can go from fine to nasty in one second when too much alcohol - plus building resentment/anger - is consumed.

The reports today say that one key piece of evidence made the arrest possible. What, I wonder? Video? DNA?

I’d assume whatever that evidence is, it was what they were waiting on when they said they would have information in 7-10 days. My guess is they were waiting for Dna results. Possibly from the murder weapon?

c4ed10df855bdddd9db1876d442b3eb6.jpg

Ah, just found this when I searched her name and forensics.

“Lemley said it took weeks to gather and analyze evidence. He said the arrest came just two days after his officers received their final report on the case from the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences. The FBI also assisted Calera police investigators with "cellphone technology," he said, but did not elaborate.”

Ah, just found this when I searched her name and forensics.

“Lemley said it took weeks to gather and analyze evidence. He said the arrest came just two days after his officers received their final report on the case from the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences. The FBI also assisted Calera police investigators with "cellphone technology," he said, but did not elaborate.”

So,,,,wonder if it's her cellphone records or his that were the final piece of evidence they needed for an arrest??

jmo

Maybe phone records where she was texting regarding the argument

Exactly what I'm thinking. Even if he deleted her text on her phone, the person she was texting with would still have the content...maybe. I think the phone will tell them a lot. I mean a lot of us chicks get on phone with a girlfriend when fussing with our honeys. I'm hoping she was texting with someone and that person comes forward. They have ways to obtain it but would be much easier for that person to come to them. I wonder too, If they have anything on home sur. cameras from other houses. They have a lot by him saying they know what happened and have evidence to prove it. Cops don't use those words lightly. My hat's off to them for keeping everything under wraps and doing their jobs! EVen though we so badly wanted to know what was going on, I'm glad they did what they had to do ...what was best for the case. I do feel badly for the little girl. God bless her heart. Seems she has 2 sets of grandparents that she is close to , so maybe they can help her through this. And just to add....If that head wound was that bad to cause her death...she was probably hit right there and fell there. A hit strong enough to kill a person, usually drop them right there. Seems like maybe she was running out of house from him and he caught up to her there. JUST my speculations..right now till we hear more.

With that being said, her husband clearly knew about it. It wasn't secret, as I said. I'm wondering if, he was initially on-board and then grew jealous about the attention she received from other men, maybe even about how much money she was making doing it. Maybe he felt like he was second string and that made him angry, and it all just boiled over in an alcohol fueled argument.

This has been my general theory from the start! He clearly was aware of her vocation- I just tend to think that perhaps, as her subscription site/ Insta/Twitter/etc began to gain more popularity and attract more admirers, it's not far fetched to imagine that he may have begun to feel a little less secure in his marriage.

Maybe there were communications discovered between Kat and a fan that he felt threatened by, and after a few stout drinks that night there was a confrontation between he and his wife that turned deadly? Again, this has just been my general theory from the beginning. What continues to bother me about him being the perp is where she was discovered... I mean. If he was going to exert the effort/energy to ultimately take her life, then why leave her across the street from your house?!! Just seems so... idk... lazy?You'd think he'd have at least *tried* to hide her body a little... unless he was just wasted enough to not give a damn, or possibly black out drunk (not that being blacked out would be a valid defense, imo).

Whatever the case, her husband left her mostly nude, on the side of the road like a piece of garbage waiting for pickup. Sickening. I hope he pays dearly. I have seen his internet escapades, raging against the public and FB groups and media (going so far as to post the pictures and names of people in sleuth groups who dared to look in his direction on his page publicly). I've seen his profile picture updates and the pictures of Kat that he put up, trying to make himself appear the loving husband - even recently. What a real SOB. Parading around like he's a victim too, trying to garner sympathy.

My heart hurts for that little girl.

My SIL was one of the individuals he called out via ss on his page and, as a result, she and my brother began to receive threats to their safety by Jeff's friends/supporters. I contacted him directly via fb inbox with a lengthy message and requested that he remove the post that included my SIL's name from his page. Surprisingly, he responded, very promptly and politely tbh, and also removed the post as requested. I'd share the inbox exchange here via ss, but I don't think that's allowed here. 🤷*♀️

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking after they left the liquor store they went somewhere in their vehicle to drink the absinthe. They might have decided to upload some provocative pictures to her OnlyFans webpage. The specifics of what happened next might have centered around using her phone--the rage escalating to her violent head injury. Her husband returns home with her, and he decides to contain the violence and evidence to the vehicle by dropping her off across the street near a neighbor. Since the phone was connected to the reason for him attacking her, he decides out of spite and a sense of power over her to set the absinthe bottle on top of her phone. It is possible that a similar scenario took place in the house, but hard to imagine him carrying her, the phone, and the absinthe bottle down the street to set everything up.

Maybe a fight began inside and after being hit she ran, that’s why she only had a bra on. He follows her out, she collapses, he puts the bottle on the phone and leaves her there, maybe thinking she is just passed out. Just a theory.

I'm thinking after they left the liquor store they went somewhere in their vehicle to drink the absinthe. They might have decided to upload some provocative pictures to her OnlyFans webpage. The specifics of what happened next might have centered around using her phone--the rage escalating to her violent head injury. Her husband returns home with her, and he decides to contain the violence and evidence to the vehicle by dropping her off across the street near a neighbor. Since the phone was connected to the reason for him attacking her, he decides out of spite and a sense of power over her to set the absinthe bottle on top of her phone. It is possible that a similar scenario took place in the house, but hard to imagine him carrying her, the phone, and the absinthe bottle down the street to set everything up.

That makes sense.

jmo

Reminder, just because the husband erased his online SM Accts doesn't mean we didn't see them. A few of us did, and they were triple X.
There was no double life, there was no other man 'client' murderer; just a spouse she trusted w her entire life. He took everything from Kat West and their child. There has been no other suspect for me, I was patient.

seems there was an argument between kate and hubby...see the video in this link (down in the body of the article)
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/02/husband_of_kat_west_charged_wi.html
it's the press conference involving the the police chief.
please go to 16:30 mark in the video...a reporter asks if an argument triggered some violence and what was the subject matter.
he replies ''again i can't really say what triggered the argument''...think he says it around 17:00 mark

What I wonder is, jealous drunken rages are one thing, extreme violence is another, lack of remorse is also something different.

I agree about hitting someone on the head, that's not necessarily fatal instantly like they show on the movies. You have the choice to call 911. You don't leave your beloved spouse out on the street to die, you wouldn't leave your dog out in the street to die.

Also I agree, he was most likely her photographer, it'd be good to confirm that. It might have begun as a way to keep him interested in her. Then it might have turned into a way for her to feel empowered.

Hey, all.

Same here. Tuned in for a segment on missing Lucas Hernandez and saw this update. I’m glad there is finally an arrest but now their little girl has lost both parents. Will try and catch up on the thread.

Sad story, from both appearing to be in a good mood on date night from the liquor store video at 8:45ish, to his wife's body virtually naked found across the street, and as reported, expressing no remorse on the early morning scene.

I wonder which location of the house lit up like a Christmas tree, when the black lights were turned on after the luminal was sprayed. JMO happened at the house and not at body location.

Thought the presser showed utmost professionalism by the Calera police Dept, and kudos to them for standing their ground. They knew with this media exploded case they were swinging a tiger by the tail, and looks like they handled it professionally. Hope justice is served for KW, and not some lawyer concocted Lucid absinthe temporary insanity plea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back