TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is so strange on so many levels.

Updated Timeline:
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 3:50 A.M. – Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. – Mrs. Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:20 A.M. – Mrs. Bevers appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church building.**truck passenger door open and bed lid open

Dec 2016 BWH SW 4:30 A.M. passerby sees a dark suv wagon (paraphrase) leaving CCoC

• Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:35 A.M. – Participant in Camp Gladiator arrives at location

• Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:00 A.M. – Two 911 calls received from location
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:07 A.M. – Fire Department arrives at the location
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:10 A.M. – Officers arrive at the location
When did other campers arrive?

This has probably been disgusted before and I just missed it somehow, but if the truck bed and door were open the whole time, why didn’t anyone notice that for 25 minutes she never came back out? Wouldn’t that make someone wonder if maybe she needed help doing something? Sorry, I only ever read about this story so I’m trying to put all the pieces together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think MPD knows who it is or they would of releasd a close up like they do on robberies. Car thieves get better attention. They probably need years to prepare this case. By then the girls will be raised. And on another note am I the only one who picked up on a mandatory DNA test from one of the gun thieves? He already confessed. Why did they get 30 days before going to jail? Special treatment?
MPD already said gun was pending to another case.

This has probably been disgusted before and I just missed it somehow, but if the truck bed and door were open the whole time, why didn’t anyone notice that for 25 minutes she never came back out? Wouldn’t that make someone wonder if maybe she needed help doing something? Sorry, I only ever read about this story so I’m trying to put all the pieces together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was only one or two participants that arrived early. (I think it was 2 people in the same car but I may be wrong about that.)

The other participants arrived much closer to 5.

Also, there was some rain/thunderstorms in the area so visibility probably wasn't great. The two in the car may not have paid much attention to her truck other than peripherally noticing it was there.

I think MPD knows who it is or they would of releasd a close up like they do on robberies. Car thieves get better attention. They probably need years to prepare this case. By then the girls will be raised. And on another note am I the only one who picked up on a mandatory DNA test from one of the gun thieves? He already confessed. Why did they get 30 days before going to jail? Special treatment?
MPD already said gun was pending to another case.

RBBM do you have a link because I have never seen this said. As in the MB murder case.

The ECSO case is a total different case than this one. The individuals were arrested prior to and they were sentenced in Federal court. There are lots of reasons why things happen in any case. These men in this other case, both pled guilty. One in July 2017 and the other in Aug 2017. You know how it goes first one to squeel gets best deal. But again depends on charges and what the plea agreement said. Some are out on bail awaiting sentencing. But again, this was prior to MB even being murdered.

Pretty sure that most people convicted of felonies these days are required to submit a DNA sample. I haven't seen any that were not. But jmho

There was only one or two participants that arrived early. (I think it was 2 people in the same car but I may be wrong about that.)

The other participants arrived much closer to 5.

Also, there was some rain/thunderstorms in the area so visibility probably wasn't great. The two in the car may not have paid much attention to her truck other than peripherally noticing it was there.

While I agree with that, I am not sure how they could not have seen MB passenger door open. Her dome light would have also been open. Driving in and parking one would see the door open. Just from looking at photos it is very evident. But with darkness out in parking lot the whole awning is lit up.

One would think they would park somewhat close to the entrance. But I still confused, not accusing just confused after 25 min of not seeing her come out would not peek someone interest. That just me. I have never heard it was 2 campers. Just that first participant time of arrival. There were multiple who went in and found her though. Per MPD.

The snippet from a report said the bed cover was open as was passenger door. JMHO she pulled up like she did so as to be out of the rain on the rear. JMHO she probably would have moved her truck after unloading. Maybe not if was truly going to have inside,
but definitely she would have if having under that awning.
attachment.php

Just to to clarify. Pretty sure the white van in this picture is a LE vehicle. The front of MBs truck is seen under the awning in this photo.

While I agree with that, I am not sure how they could not have seen MB passenger door open. Her dome light would have also been open. Driving in and parking one would see the door open. Just from looking at photos it is very evident. But with darkness out in parking lot the whole awning is lit up.

One would think they would park somewhat close to the entrance. But I still confused, not accusing just confused after 25 min of not seeing her come out would not peek someone interest. That just me. I have never heard it was 2 campers. Just that first participant time of arrival. There were multiple who went in and found her though. Per MPD.

I would have been antsy too if I had arrived early and saw no movement after 10 minutes or so. No link, but I thought someone stated the first camper on scene was a newbie and MB was going to sign them up for membership that morning. Where did everybody park? On the same side as the porte cochere or in the front of the church? Even though the church seems pretty well lit, the parking lot is huge, and I guess looking at it after a murder, it seems just creepy dark.

Maybe the first campers to arrive waited because it was raining so hard. They were waiting for a break in the rain to go in, but the longer they sat there and saw no movement maybe they got a bad vibe.

Since they normally worked outside, maybe everyone was unsure which entrance they should park closest to. If I was new and not sure, I would have parked on the same side as MB's truck was parked under the porte cochere. Maybe they parked where Missy told them to park. That was not in the FB post though. I'm just curious as to why no one entered the church until 5 a.m. :thinking:

Was this a small class or a large class? 5 or 6 campers, or 10 to 11 campers.

Is this even legit media? It has SP at 3:58, MB at 4 and campers at 5. Also, note the statement about her being ambushed.

The video is legit except they used a stock photo of a wooden floor with broken glass and the dog shown is not Titan. I don't know why they have the times wrong. I have followed Crime Watch Daily for another case (Zuzu Verk) and thought they did a good job of reporting.

Just to to clarify. Pretty sure the white van in this picture is a LE vehicle. The front of MBs truck is seen under the awning in this photo.

D'oh! For some reason, I thought the White SUV was MB's. That answers my question about why she didn't park all the way under the awning. Thank You!
:shame:

I would have been antsy too if I had arrived early and saw no movement after 10 minutes or so. No link, but I thought someone stated the first camper on scene was a newbie and MB was going to sign them up for membership that morning. Where did everybody park? On the same side as the porte cochere or in the front of the church? Even though the church seems pretty well lit, the parking lot is huge, and I guess looking at it after a murder, it seems just creepy dark.

Maybe the first campers to arrive waited because it was raining so hard. They were waiting for a break in the rain to go in, but the longer they sat there and saw no movement maybe they got a bad vibe.

Since they normally worked outside, maybe everyone was unsure which entrance they should park closest to. If I was new and not sure, I would have parked on the same side as MB's truck was parked under the porte cochere. Maybe they parked where Missy told them to park. That was not in the FB post though. I'm just curious as to why no one entered the church until 5 a.m. :thinking:

Was this a small class or a large class? 5 or 6 campers, or 10 to 11 campers.

It's just my opinion, but from photos on MB fb they worked out in that parking lot on South side (same side as her truck) Like you, I don't know why anyone would park anywhere but close to the side where her truck was. If they were going to still workout under awning, she would move her truck for sure. But who would park far away in pouring rain? Good weather maybe, but not rain.

Prior to knowing her truck door was open and the bed lid open, I gave it more of a pass on no one going in. But knowing what it looks like at night, then the doors open, creeps me out for 20 - 25 mins.

My dad's truck has one of those type lids. Today I went over and I noticed it. He told me he opens his tailgate to get into his bed. (I don't know if you can open it without opening the tailgate). I will ask later lol but he will want to know why I am asking :shame:

I was reading on another site (trying to soak up as much knowledge about this case as I can) similar to this one and I came across an interesting post. I'm quite new here, so if this violates any term of service, please forgive me. But I thought this was interesting and wanted to know if any of you had heard this. Someone posted that in January, on a Nancy Grace podcast, her co-host had stated that SP was known to be from law enforcement but NG's co-host apparently wasn't supposed to have shared that bit of information. Again, if my post in any way violates terms of service here, mods please delete. Not trying to cause conflict. But if ok to discuss, I thought that was very interesting as the person who shared this on that site said she was a local who'd been closely following the case and also, I know many have speculated the perp could possibly have had a background in law enforcement.

Sorry to be nit-picky, but that's actually the back of MB's truck that we see under the awning.

It was either someone who posted here briefly in the beginning that said it was a couple that had arrived first, OR maybe from a search warrant. I can't remember for sure!

It's just my opinion, but from photos on MB fb they worked out in that parking lot on South side (same side as her truck) Like you, I don't know why anyone would park anywhere but close to the side where her truck was. If they were going to still workout under awning, she would move her truck for sure. But who would park far away in pouring rain? Good weather maybe, but not rain.

Prior to knowing her truck door was open and the bed lid open, I gave it more of a pass on no one going in. But knowing what it looks like at night, then the doors open, creeps me out for 20 - 25 mins.

My dad's truck has one of those type lids. Today I went over and I noticed it. He told me he opens his tailgate to get into his bed. (I don't know if you can open it without opening the tailgate). I will ask later lol but he will want to know why I am asking :shame:

So glad to know I'm not the only one whose relatives give side eyes and strange looks! :giggle: And then they ask why you want to know that information. I just realized that MIL drives a truck with that some contraption. Just checked with the hubs. He says no you don't have to open the tailgate first. I could have sworn you did, but apparently you don't. Truck is a GMC not a Ford though.

It was in the report asking the judge to keep it quiet for now at the beginning.Was released when search warrants were.
If you remember they also said 3 guns were sold to individuals.

It was in the report asking the judge to keep it quiet for now at the beginning.Was released when search warrants were.

I would like to know more about the 3 guns that were sold. Actually, I would like to know more about the entire case, but at this point I would probably settle for whatever I can get.

It was either someone who posted here briefly in the beginning that said it was a couple that had arrived first, OR maybe from a search warrant. I can't remember for sure!
Thanks.
Must have been someone saying it as only thing SWs say is she was found by campers. This case on WS has been hard as we have no VI (verified insiders) as we have to have on other cases, to speak about know stuff. Very appreciative of all the locals but much gets stated as fact and we have know way of knowing, and gets repeated as such. I just know (taking as fact for what it is worth) is what Spann and MPD time line state.

That was a request to AG from lawyers who represent the MPD. It was to withhold certain information due to it being an ongoing investigation. It was on MB murder case, not about anything in the case of the individuals you are speaking of. MPD has NEVER stated the 2 incidents were related, One of the men was arrested prior to MB murder and the other was after. IF the gun spoken about in the AG Opinion, not a judge order... was in anyway connected to the guns these men stole and sold from a evidence property room they definitely would have been charged by now. They have serial numbers for each and every gun that was in the evidence property room. (and everything else in evidence if has one). Media reports state that the guns your speaking of were suppose to have been destroyed. So they had a report with those guns on them. So again, respectfully, logic says that if it were one of the guns your getting twisted into this case, they would know and the 2 individuals who were charged and now in prison would be charged. And don't for get the DNA.

I would like to know more about the 3 guns that were sold. Actually, I would like to know more about the entire case, but at this point I would probably settle for whatever I can get.

Google brings up a ton, but Tippy Lynn they had the serial numbers for all the guns they are speaking of. That is how they got caught. Dumb guys pawned and sold guns that were suppsed to be destroyed to pawn shops and ... SWFA! Any gun that was in a police department they are going to have a serial number. The gun that was spoken in in asking AG for Opinion said they didn't want released so that someone could use on a stolen gun or report as stolen.

MPD lawyers AG Opinion request in May 2016, Gun in reports noted in THIS case could very well have been found in MB truck when report writer was asked to "process MB truck" along with ECSO CSI Tech. Jmho

Google brings up a ton, but Tippy Lynn they had the serial numbers for all the guns they are speaking of. That is how they got caught. Dumb guys pawned and sold guns that were suppsed to be destroyed to pawn shops and ... SWFA! Any gun that was in a police department they are going to have a serial number. The gun that was spoken in in asking AG for Opinion said they didn't want released so that someone could use on a stolen gun or report as stolen.

MPD lawyers AG Opinion request in May 2016, Gun in reports noted in THIS case could very well have been found in MB truck when report writer was asked to "process MB truck" along with ECSO CSI Tech. Jmho

Do we know if the all the guns that were stolen, sold and/or pawned from the evidence room had serial numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member