GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's lots of good ideas here about the neighbor lady having Timothy's phone number. I'm not meaning to put down anyone else's opinion, as they're all plausible.

However, I can't imagine the neighbor lady volunteering this information to the news media if she was related to this in any way. She would have had to have known she'd be inviting this type of scrutiny.

If that would have been the case, it seems logical to believe she would have done everything in her power to AVOID that scenario.

Since she did share this with the news media so openly though, I have to believe it was simply a situation of neighbors exchanging numbers to look out for each other...

ETA: Grapey, just saw your post. You said it better than I did. You made good points too, ( though I still believe this was nothing more than neighborly concern... )

JMO
We have our neighbors phone #'s. I think he just didn't want her to have to deal with media. I wonder if he wiped his phone, also?
Also, leaving his wallet behind doesn't mean he didn't take cash.
I feel this is possibly a work related stress. Maybe, he was one that strived to be perfect on the job. ...or a jealous coworker problem.
He is in my area and a military brat like my boys and I am hoping he is found safe soon.

We have our neighbors phone #'s. I think he just didn't want her to have to deal with media. I wonder if he wiped his phone, also?
...(snipped)...

I nodded my head unconsciously at this...I think this is a very plausible theory. Like "sh**'s about to go down, if you're smart you'll delete my number so you don't get caught in the aftermath."

Another possibility: it can be interpreted as paranoid thought: Tell her to delete my number so "they" won't find it. Or "they" won't know we're friends.

Evidence of disordered thoughts? I've had a Teleka Patrick feeling about this lately. Successful, high achieving, high standards, lots of pressure, and then a mental break. :( Nonetheless, trying to keep positive thoughts that he will be found safe, because we certainly need more people with talents and abilities like his in this world.

It could be paranoia, but it also could be one of a series of cries for help. He could've expressed despair, anger, and made odd requests in the (possibly unconscious) hope that people would question him, show they cared, and somehow prevent him from self-harm.

Let's creative a timeline for the last day TC was seen.

5:41 am - TC sends a text to his mom who has her ringer turned off.

The last two people to see Timothy alive are his next door neighbors? What time did TC speak with his neighbor?
How was TC dressed when he spoke with his neighbor? In street clothes or his uniform?

What happened after Timothy left work at midday? When he arrived at his house, did he go inside first, then walk over to the neighbor's house to deliver a message? Did TC knock on their door or was his neighbor standing in his yard when TC come over? It's a little bit odd that Timothy's neighbor happened to be at home when TC arrived being that it was a work day. Did he see TC leave? Where direction did TC go in?

If Timothy left work at midday, at the start of his lunch break, he might have said he was leaving and not coming back. jmo

Wonder why the exchange with Tim's neighbor is being made public now ?

Also, I think I read that Tim communicated with his sister after he had communicated with his mother ? It was at the beginning of the thread.

LEMON: A highly regarded doctor with the CDC disappeared without a trace two weeks ago. And his desperate family is now pleading for health. Dr. Timothy Cunningham left work at the centers for disease control and prevention in Atlanta on February 12th and hasn't been heard from since. So I want to bring in now his parents, Tia and Terrell Cunningham. Thank you so much for joining us. You must be terrified. How are you guys holding up, Tia?

TIA CUNNINGHAM, MOTHER OF MISSING CDC RESEARCHER: Don, I'm really doing the best I can. It's very hard. I just take one day at a time. I thank god, once I get up and start my day. But it is very difficult without Timothy.

[23:50:00] LEMON: I can only imagine, Mrs. Cunningham. Mr. Cunningham, tell us now what police are saying. Do they have any leads about what may have happened?

TERRELL CUNNINGHAM, FATHER OF MISSING CDC RESEARCHER: As of now, we have no real leads. Of course, the police department has been very communicative with us, and all of what has been shared with us, we cannot actually share with the general public. But in terms of being able to tell you I'm positive that Tim will be returned soon, I am not able to do that. But I am prayerful and we are trusting god that our son will be returned safely. And it is only through prayers and support of others that we have actually been able to survive, because this is something that, that you are not trained for. You are not prepped for, and one can never imagine the difficulty that you would experience when you your loved child just disappears. And without any accountability or, idea where he is at. When, when he has such a history of being so responsible. And dependable that I think that is what puts us all at such disbelief we are at this state.

LEMON: Let me ask you, Mrs. Cunningham. I know that you had, you received a text from him early in the morning, but I am not sure about your last conversations with him. Did everything seem ok?

TIA CUNNINGHAM: My last, last communication with him verbally was Sunday, it was, the 11th, last Sunday. It was around like 12:30. I just came back from church. And Timmy called. So I picked, ran in the house to pick of the phone. And I asked him, he said, how are you doing? I am just calling you to check in. And I said, Tim, let me call you back. I have a lot of things in my hands. So, I had a bite to eat. I called him back. And at that time, Tim was, he was fine.

LEMON: Yes.

TIA CUNNINGHAM: Yes.

LEMON: Mr. Cunningham. An article in today's "Washington Post" you, said some of the exchanges with your son before his disappearance was concerning, because he was focus several personal and professional issues. Do you mind sharing what you meant, is that?

TERRELL CUNNINGHAM: I can give you some clarity, but I am not able to share. Again, an open case. What Tia has stated. Given the fact that she had a conversation with him at or about 12, noon, later that evening, at or about 7:00 there was a distinct difference in the tone, even voice tone, of the conversation and the text communication that occurred from Timothy to us at, about 7:00. Well to follow on at 7:00 a.m. that morning, Tim did, speak to Tiara, Tiara his younger sister. And I spoke to Tiara as a follow-up, how is Tim doing? It is more or less to see if in fact the same person that I thought we had communicated with earlier, if there was greater clarity. At that point, we still had reasons to be concerned. So, that led to the, to the, intense attempts to communicate to Tim throughout the day on Monday. And it persisted into Tuesday. At which time, we were all making several calls, leaving voice mails, as well as the, sending, text messages. To no avail. We did not have a return.

LEMON: Yes.

LEMON: Well, let me just say. You know speaking of that, there is a rumor circulating on the internet your son was a whistle blower and warned about the flu shot not being responsible for this year's, flu shot being responsible for the deadly flu season. That is not correct you. You wanted to correct the record on that. Tell the viewers according to you, has nothing to do with it. And I also understand Mr. And Mrs. Cunningham, crime stoppers, Atlanta crime stoppers offering $10,000 reward for information leading to her arrest on indictment in Tim's case.

TERRELL CUNNINGHAM: That is true. We have had a tremendous outpour with the -- with the site. And, so the purpose of that, those funds, were to lead into the recovery, the return, rewards, so. We have taken a portion of those funds, and put it towards the -- the $10,000 reward with crime stoppers. The timeline is just not, not normal that a 35-year-old black man, a true professional, disappears.

[23:55:00] There is no, currently, there is no evidence or signs of foul play. Now, we can speak to that, because we were the individuals who entered Tim's home at about 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday. So, all of that information, describing what we found, has been given to the Atlanta police department.

LEMON: There was nothing out of place according to, I read numerous stories, nothing out of place, wallet, keys, and his dog. All there in the apartment. Which makes it even odder. We thank you so much and we hope this helps and we are trying to get the word out for you. Let us know if you can update us. Thank you so much.

TERRELL CUNNINGHAM: Thank you.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1802/26/cnnt.02.html

Please stop speculating about Tim's sexual orientation unless you can provide a link from LE or from mainstream media discussing his sexual orientation and what relevance it would have to Tim's disappearance. "Feeling" that Tim is gay is not allowed for discussion without something to back it up.

This post lands at random.

Wonder why the exchange with Tim's neighbor is being made public now ?

Also, I think I read that Tim communicated with his sister after he had communicated with his mother ? It was at the beginning of the thread.

Iirc, Tim's sister contacted him @ 7:15 am, before Tim left for work. He didn't respond.This was in msm.

Reminder:

It is a TOS violation to challenge a moderator on the forum or to question moderation on the forum.

If a member has a question about a moderator's note or TOS, please PM the moderator directly.

Thank you!

Iirc, Tim's sister contacted him @ 7:15 am, before Tim left for work. He didn't respond.This was in msm.

Hmm, according to the interview the parents gave, Tim spoke with hi sister ? I just read it in the Don lemon interview.

This statement from Tim’s father baffles me:

“And I spoke to Tiara as a follow-up, how is Tim doing? It is more or less to see if in fact the same person that I thought we had communicated with earlier, if there was greater clarity.”

Is he concerned that he was not speaking with Tim or did he just mean he wondered if Tim’s state of mind had changed since their earlier conversation.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1802/26/cnnt.02.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, according to the interview the parents gave, Tim spoke with hi sister ? I just read it in the Don lemon interview.

Yes, I believe what was reported was that they spoke at 7:15 and she was still concerned after that conversation, so she texted him later and he didn't respond.

Live update from Atlanta PD on this case currently on WSB-TV Facebook page.

http://2wsb.tv/2GF5H0c

Going over timeline now.

He received information that he was not getting a promotion. He leaves shortly after receiving that news because he wasn't feeling well. Gets home. He calls his mom on the way home, but she does not answer (occurred at 9:12 a.m. and lasted 20 seconds).

He was out of work the previous Thursday and Friday as well.

Open windows on second level of home - bathroom and laundry room (presumably for his dog... as stated by O'Connor).

Searched woods around his house. Have checked and no activity on his credit cards, bank accounts, phone, or CDC badge/credit card.

All of his belongings are found in the home.

Currently trying to pull security footage from CDC to confirm that TC was in fact the one who drove his car home. The presumption is that it was he, but they are wanting to confirm that.

Have not ruled out foul play, but there is no evidence at this time to support that theory.

That's all that I could type from the live interview.

Looks like he was disheartened that he didn’t get the promotion

They went through his phone and computer

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looks like he was disheartened that he didn’t get the promotion

Oh, I didn't realize he didn't get the promotion. I thought the early articles said he did. Must have been incorrect information reported. That really does put some context to his possibly seeming "angry".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member