GUILTY VA - TerriLynn St John, 23, Middlesex County, 26 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

http://wtvr.com/2018/02/27/missing-virginia-mother-mysteriously-disappeared-from-front-yard/
From the article:

How have they come up with that specific time that she was last heard from if the other adult in the house left 3 hours earlier?

What was the weather like that morning? Was it cold enough that she would have gone out to the car to start it/heat it up prior to taking the kids to daycare?

The kids were found indoors, so the trip outside doesn't seem to be one where the kids were accompanying her to leave (not strapped in carseats, front door not locked)

But again, how are they sure of the 7:30 timeframe?
Was she always an early riser and up and ready for the day along with the boyfriend? Or was the kiss goodbye before work something where she was lying in bed/still half asleep?

If she was not yet up and ready for the day at the time he left, I'm wondering why she was wearing that hoodie that she had apparently slept in? Dropping kids off at daycare suggests she works/would need to look presentable vs being a stay at home mom who could continue to wear the same hoodie she slept in the night before.

What was her plans for the day?
Do we know what time she has to be at work? Maybe she typically came home to shower after dropping them off, if she wasn't due in right at 8.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

She could have been talking to someone on her cell phone when she was abducted. The phone may have been snatched from her hand and tossed into the bushes. This would have alerted whoever she was talking to that something was amiss maybe? Just speculating.

Do we know what time she has to be at work? Maybe she typically came home to shower after dropping them off, if she wasn't due in right at 8.

I don't believe that anything has been reported yet about a job that she may have held. We assume that she worked because she was preparing to take her children to daycare.

Just thinking out loud here since I don't believe any definitive answers have been reported but how long were the children left alone? What state were they found in? An article states the front door was found open, how lucky that neither of them wandered out of the home! Maybe they were still in their rooms? The 1 year old would've been safe in a crib....How do they know she was outside preparing to leave? Was she maybe smoking?

Grr...so many questions!

Just thinking out loud here since I don't believe any definitive answers have been reported but how long were the children left alone? What state were they found in? An article states the front door was found open, how lucky that neither of them wandered out of the home! Maybe they were still in their rooms? The 1 year old would've been safe in a crib....How do they know she was outside preparing to leave? Was she maybe smoking?

Grr...so many questions!

I'm thinking she may have been on her cell phone while she was getting everything ready to take her children to daycare. She was discussing her plans for that morning as she was preparing to leave. I'm also thinking that she may have screamed out if someone grabbed her. Whoever she was talking to would have been very alarmed when the call ended, mid-sentence, with her scream. (Pure speculation on my part)

Temperatures for her area yesterday, Tues., February 27, 2018 were: High of 57 degrees F; low of 32 degrees F.

I'm thinking she may have been on her cell phone while she was getting everything ready to take her children to daycare. She was discussing her plans for that morning as she was preparing to leave. I'm also thinking that she may have screamed out if someone grabbed her. Whoever she was talking to would have been very alarmed when the call ended, mid-sentence, with her scream. (Pure speculation on my part)

I hope your speculation is right. That would mean the person on the phone would be alerted to the fact that the children were alone and would've gotten to them more quickly.

I've read stories of the parent of a child dying unexpectedly and the young child being left alone for days. Even if they were only left alone for a short time in this case, it just terrifies me!

I hope your speculation is right. That would mean the person on the phone would be alerted to the fact that the children were alone and would've gotten to them more quickly.

I've read stories of the parent of a child dying unexpectedly and the young child being left alone for days. Even if they were only left alone for a short time in this case, it just terrifies me!

Yes. I'm thinking she may have been talking on her phone to a close relative. Could have been a sister, maybe. From the articles I've read, and an interview with TerriLynn's father, they learned that the children had been left alone and that is when he went to the home. So, I am speculating that whoever she was talking to called TerriLynn's father. This may or may not be accurate. News accounts seem to vary. (IMO)

Yes. I'm thinking she may have been talking on her phone to a close relative. Could have been a sister, maybe. From the articles I've read, and an interview with TerriLynn's father, they learned that the children had been left alone and that is when he went to the home. So, I am speculating that whoever she was talking to called TerriLynn's father. This may or may not be accurate. News accounts seem to vary. (IMO)
Was her dad the first one there?

Was her dad the first one there?

I believe so. See article at this link:

http://www.ssentinel.com/index.php/breakingnews/article/an_intense_search_for_a_missing_mom

"The father had gone to the home of his daughter, Terrilynn, that morning after his older daughter discovered that Terrylynn’s children, ages 3 and 2, were found alone."

"They had thought of possible suspects that knew her . . . but had not come up with anything, said Mr. St. John, who feared it was a random act of abduction."

For it to be a random abduction, the timing had to be perfect. I don't think it was random, but that is just my opinion.

This is really scary. Almost like the Heidi Todd case, only this time, the poor Mom is abducted. I hope she is found safe and sound soon.

O.K. I was mistaken when I said I did not see anything reported on whether or not TerriLynn had a job. I overlooked this reference (See below quote and link). My apologies.

"Mr. St. John said he and others at the scene saw tracks in a field next to the house where they reasoned that someone could have parked, watched and waited for Terrilynn to get ready for work."

http://www.ssentinel.com/index.php/breakingnews/article/an_intense_search_for_a_missing_mom

No more word on the POIs that were being questioned....I figured we would know more by now. I checked for updates but has anyone else found any more info about the POIs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't abducting someone while they are TALKING on the phone be a terrible idea? While distraction is ideal, and playing on a phone certainly distracts someone, Id worry that the person would yell out something incriminating before I had a chance to grab the phone and disconnect the call or smash it to the point of not working before they had a chance to say my name (if not a stranger) or some description of me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back