GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope every inch of his home and yard checked. Esp attic , crawlspace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

That said, I think the failure if he saw it as that, was too much. We all have a breaking point. I hope he took off and is alive, but I fear his case shows true signs of a suicide or break reality. I hope he is alive
but I have misgivings.

I do, too. Praying he is found alive, but I also have my doubts.

Within my circle of family and friends, I've had two people commit suicide. Although both were going through some issues, said issues didn't seem to be overly terrible. Both masked their intentions very well, both were discussing future plans, such as travel, volunteering, etc. And, the next thing we knew was they were gone. Eerily, I received an email from the friend during the December holiday season, wishing us Happy Holidays. I believe it was during this period, before New Years Day, that he passed.

One just never knows.

Sadly, I’ve seen other cases where the parents pleaded for the missing person to just come home, only to later find the person murdered.

Blaze Bernstein comes to mind. High achiever, home on break from U Penn, goes missing, wallet, keys, id left behind (though he had a phone with him). People speculated the pressure of school was too much for him. Parents said just come home, we don’t care what may have happened, we just want you home. He was found murdered in a nearby park.

Yes totally agree. Unfortunately its been put out there that depression may be a factor and people naturally start thinking he harmed himself or ran away.
I am in complete agreement that may not be the case.

I see a strong, intelligent man, close to his family and a support system around him.
He did not get to where he is by not jumping over little or even big bumps in the road...in this case the miss promotion.
To me his success and path thus far shows a strong person that makes him less likely to harm himself.
Still hope there!

How did they dispose of the body in broad daylight? Why was nothing taken? His did they lock the doors? Such a mystery.

How did they dispose of the body in broad daylight? Why was nothing taken? His did they lock the doors? Such a mystery.

Again, I’m not sure which post you’re referring to, but... it’s possible he was lured away from his home and murdered somewhere else.

I’m still hoping he’ll be found alive, maybe confused and mentally unstable, but I haven’t ruled out either homicide or suicide. Nothing’s clear at this point.

It might be helpful, in the event that Tim does have some emotional issues, if LE would call this an "endangered missing " case. Without going into details about private matters. jmo.

Looking at the house and neighborhood and more exactly where his house sits in the neighbor hood it is not impossible to see how someone could come and go unseen. The way the drive way is situated a car could pull in and be unseen from all but two houses. One of those houses does not appear to have a great view of his garage. Lastly, factoring in day of the week and time of day? A working professional neighborhood could be relatively devoid of people at that time.

1. Tiara Cunningham told The New York Times that during her phone call with her brother, he "sounded not like himself."

2. From Fox News
"My wife and him swapped phone numbers…[On] Saturday, Tim called over to me from across the way and told me to take his number out of her phone. It seemed a bit strange," Torry recalled.

3. His father said, "As a parent, you have indicators when things are just not right with your child, and that was the case."

4.From NY Times:
Commander Cunningham had “a lot going on” personally and professionally, his father added, and his most recent conversation with his son had left him worried.

“The tone, and the numerous exchanges gave us reason to be concerned about Tim,” Terrell Cunningham said. “And I don’t know if it’s an instinct you have because it’s your child, but it was not a normal conversation and I was not comfortable.”

From reports of everyone who last talked to him, the consensus is he was not himself. But in what way? Because he was angry over the promotion but was usually happy, go lucky? And what's the confusion his father spoke of? Was he confused about why they wouldn't choose him, or was it confusion as in incoherent, mental fog? What made his father uncomfortable?

I'm sure LE has these answers. These questions really seem to hold the key to what might have happened. Why are they only releasing high level details?

1. Tiara Cunningham told The New York Times that during her phone call with her brother, he "sounded not like himself."

2. From Fox News
"My wife and him swapped phone numbers…[On] Saturday, Tim called over to me from across the way and told me to take his number out of her phone. It seemed a bit strange," Torry recalled.

3. His father said, "As a parent, you have indicators when things are just not right with your child, and that was the case."

4.From NY Times:
Commander Cunningham had “a lot going on” personally and professionally, his father added, and his most recent conversation with his son had left him worried.

“The tone, and the numerous exchanges gave us reason to be concerned about Tim,” Terrell Cunningham said. “And I don’t know if it’s an instinct you have because it’s your child, but it was not a normal conversation and I was not comfortable.”

From reports of everyone who last talked to him, the consensus is he was not himself. But in what way? Because he was angry over the promotion but was usually happy, go lucky? And what's the confusion his father spoke of? Was he confused about why they wouldn't choose him, or was it confusion as in incoherent, mental fog? What made his father uncomfortable?

I'm sure LE has these answers. These questions really seem to hold the key to what might have happened. Why are they only releasing high level details?

" But it was not a normal conversation, and I was not comfortable ". Spoken by TC's father. Not comfortable how is one question.

2. From Fox News

4.From NY Times:

Good summary. (Where did it say there was confusion, though?)

It's clear from these comments that Cunningham had a lot going on personally as well as professionally. My impression is that the denial of the promotion might've been the straw that broke the camel's back rather than the main issue. I think we've focused on it a lot here because it's the only issue we as the public have info on.

I'm guessing that info about the other issues has not been released because the family (1) doesn't want to make things worse for their son if he is found alive (2) appears to value their privacy and professionalism. The police may respect the family's privacy and may also not feel that public knowledge of those issues would help in the search.

Good summary. (Where did it say there was confusion, though?)

From a Fox News WBRC story:
Reporter: "The father then says he and several family members had conversations with Timothy a week ago Sunday, and he said he seemed confused at that point, and there were bits of anger in his voice..."

From a Fox News WBRC story:
Reporter: "The father then says he and several family members had conversations with Timothy a week ago Sunday, and he said he seemed confused at that point, and there were bits of anger in his voice..."

This is referring to the conversation Tim had with his father and sister,correct? My immediate thought after reading this is that it sounds like an intervention. It would fill in the gap as far as the personal issues and it would explain the anger and confusion. But I was under the impression he talked with Mom, Dad, and sister which I wouldn’t refer to as “several” family members. A few, yes but several, no. If several (5+) family members all approached him about the same thing he probably was confused and angry. Who wouldn’t be? That’s just bizarre. I understand and respect the fact that they want to keep personal issues private but it really would help to know the context of the conversation/s.
I could very well be reading it wrong as I haven’t had a solid night’s sleep this week and the ol’ noodle is beyond foggy at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read most of this thread and here are some thoughts I've had...first of all someone mentioned that not getting the promotion may have been the straw that broke the camel's back and I agree with that.
If he was having some mental issues and he was told that the reason he was not promoted was because of mental problems...he may have thought he was going to lose his job or not be able to perform or some sort of backlash on the job due to mental illness. Thus he may have decided he was not going to keep his job either by choice or because something was going to happen at work (like maybe they wanted him to get help or else?)
So if his phone is his work phone and he doesn't plan on working there any more he may have told his neighbor to delete his number due to not having that phone for much longer and this may have been a cry for help or not. He may have wanted to be asked why, so he had someone he could open up to.

I do feel like he may not have wanted his family to be burdened with his mental health issues. He may have wanted to end his life but not want anyone to think he took "the coward's way out" so he may have gone somewhere where he may not be found and thus just remain a "missing person"

No where have I read about an addiction but replace mental illness with addiction (or both) and either scenario would not be good for his career.

There is rehab for both problems I pray that is where he is.

I am reminded of the James "Mike" Kimsy incident when he went missing. I don't think they ever figured out a cod on him. Imo his case was likely suicide. Hoping this case has a happier ending.

I am reminded of the James "Mike" Kimsy incident when he went missing. I don't think they ever figured out a cod on him. Imo his case was likely suicide. Hoping this case has a happier ending.

I also thought of Mike Kimsey, and he was eventually found very near his home. While his case was considered suicide, I think his "other" personal circumstances (not found (or at least not known to us) in TC's case) were a large factor in his death (JMO)

James "Mike" Kimsey thread

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Y-James-Mike-Kimsey-48-Louisville-29-May-2015

For the sake of being comprehensive, I want to say that there are parts of what we know that don't align with this being a mental health break or voluntary disappearance, but I can't think of anything. Can anyone else?

[video]https://youtu.be/wdJjlpdNGow[/video] is Gray Hughes

[video]https://youtu.be/hzqowmk4ADY[/video] is Brainscratch

Okay 2 things stood out to me. 1. The relative that initially came to check the house is a mothers kin, he/she had a key. I find it odd that so many people have keys to his home, it makes me wonder who else he may have given a key too. Also he is 35. Another thing is maybe it would be informative to know if other relatives live in the area or surrounding area. ATL is close to AL, TN, etc.
2. The news conference advised that the last call to his mom was at 09:12am- his carrier is Verizon, which shows the number went out however his mother's phone does not show that it was received. I wonder is it possible for them to pinpoint or triangle the call, to see where he was.

In close, watching the news conference again makes me wonder the reason why the meeting with the supervisor was called. I asked this prior, I wonder if this is standard protocol or did he request this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88