OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've included a link to an article. Delaware also serves as the county seat and is nearly smack in the middle of the state. Franklin county borders Delaware County along Delaware's south side. Most of the people arrested were from Delaware and other smaller agricultural based areas far from Cleveland.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...HCHUQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw1E9_DlB2eOnvI8qDb9wgCB

So why would they be jailed somewhere 3 hrs north of Delaware? Perhaps the poster can provide us with a link.

Delaware County jail shows no listing for Delcol there.

http://www.co.delaware.oh.us/services/jtlist.asp

So why would they be jailed somewhere 3 hrs north of Delaware? Perhaps the poster can provide us with a link.

Delaware County jail shows no listing for Delcol there.

http://www.co.delaware.oh.us/services/jtlist.asp

I can't provide a link, but if you look in Ross Co, Butler Co, Highland Co and Brown Co and others possibly you'll find some that were in pike at one time or another in the last 2 years. Some names you might recognize.

I can't provide a link, but if you look in Ross Co, Butler Co, Highland Co and Brown Co and others possibly you'll find some that were in pike at one time or another in the last 2 years. Some names you might recognize.

Thanks, but I'm only looking for the Ohio Hwy patrolman who was arrested for drug dealing the other day. Someone above said he was being held in the same jail as a Pike Co local. I'm guessing it's just a rumor.

No offense, but I haven't followed the tracking of all the local small time drug busts/wife beating, etc. arrests in the Pike County area. I've always thought if the Rhoden/Gilley killers were small time locals in the drug trade, they would have been caught inside a few weeks or a month of the deaths. Too many victims, too many crime scenes to not leave evidence, unless you're a pro.

Who knows, I could be wrong, but I'm still focusing on the idea that these were pros. I'd hate to think rogue LE were involved, but it wouldn't be the first or last time. While I'm not investigating that angle regularly, when there's news that a OHP officer was arrested for dealing drugs and HGH, it's something to follow, for sure.

ETA: One of my top theories continues to be that Chris Sr was talking to LE, willingly or otherwise. Someone in LE knew he was talking and shared that info with big time dealers who called in the hit. The massacre was to eliminate a threat and send a big message to any others working with LE. The odd part has been the hostility of LE towards the people who could help them break open this case.

It almost seems like some in LE don't want the case solved, for whatever reason. Hence the need for outside LE - federal involvement. To see a news story about a federal investigation that led to the arrest of a dirty OHP officer dealing drugs in the closest drug market to Pike Co is very encouraging. For many years, it's seemed as if there was no presence of federal LE in Pike and some other counties. There still isn't any presence of them there, hasn't been in years, but at least they're watching, and busting dirty cops, not far down the road. Ditto for federal prosecutor out of Cincinnati. JMO they're looking into things, but its hard when local and state LE are watching Pike County like hawks so no one talks.

I agree with you Dudly, he also said they had it recorded on the phone. It was threats made toward DR. there was
a video of LM telling this, don't know if it's still available but I clearly remember this.

Was this an interview with LM in the weeks just after the murders? We could do some searches in the Media thread or online if we can narrow down a time frame. TIA

No offense taken Betty P. I agree with a lot you put on here. I think it was a "hit also, but with family involved. That's just a gut feeling and it won't go away. Also feel that Feds have been involved since day one and are still around, just laying low. As I've said before you are just one of the poster's on here I respect and I appreciate all the research you do, your really good at it.

I am getting caught up on the details of this story and am considering doing a podcast on it, if one hasn’t been made yet. If anyone has any new or additional information that would be helpful to the podcast, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

I am getting caught up on the details of this story and am considering doing a podcast on it, if one hasn’t been made yet. If anyone has any new or additional information that would be helpful to the podcast, I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Would love to hear a podcast, anything to keep this case going. Wish I had something new, but I don't. This case needs some recognition in the press anything to get it back up and important again. We haven't heard anything from the authorities since the autopsy battles! Thank you

Thanks, Andrea898! Lots of luck on the podcast! We have some links and a timeline that's been updated in our Media thread here:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...SCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered

As I'm sure you know already, there's been scant information about the murders released to the public. Very little. But there are a lot of rumors that have circulated over the last nearly 2 yrs.

I suppose when this case hits the 2 yr anniversary, it will officially become a cold case. Hope not, but it doesn't seem like there is much more that can be done with so little activity.

Make sure you mention the extremely small reward fund for information and the strange behavior of LE in not publicizing it or encouraging people to make donations. You may also want to mention that the only two diligent reporters who covered the case closely ended up losing their jobs and moving out of state.

ETA: You may want to contact Chris Graves, the reporter who was working for the Cincinnati Enquirer and did such a great job. IIRC, she's working in Minnesota now for public radio.

https://muckrack.com/chris-graves

No offense taken Betty P. I agree with a lot you put on here. I think it was a "hit also, but with family involved. That's just a gut feeling and it won't go away. Also feel that Feds have been involved since day one and are still around, just laying low. As I've said before you are just one of the poster's on here I respect and I appreciate all the research you do, your really good at it.

Same to you amauet1. Hopefully some day one of us will be proven right. I think at this point most people following this case just want answers, whatever they may be, and justice for the families.

Thanks, Andrea898! Lots of luck on the podcast! We have some links and a timeline that's been updated in our Media thread here:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...SCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered

As I'm sure you know already, there's been scant information about the murders released to the public. Very little. But there are a lot of rumors that have circulated over the last nearly 2 yrs.

I suppose when this case hits the 2 yr anniversary, it will officially become a cold case. Hope not, but it doesn't seem like there is much more that can be done with so little activity.

Make sure you mention the extremely small reward fund for information and the strange behavior of LE in not publicizing it or encouraging people to make donations. You may also want to mention that the only two diligent reporters who covered the case closely ended up losing their jobs and moving out of state.

ETA: You may want to contact Chris Graves, the reporter who was working for the Cincinnati Enquirer and did such a great job. IIRC, she's working in Minnesota now for public radio.

https://muckrack.com/chris-graves

May also want to mention that the only person that has been arrested in this case is James Manley, Dana Manley Rhoden's brother. He was released but as far as I know charges were not dropped but sent to wait on a grand jury. And Jamie Barr from channel 19 Fox news is now in Texas I believe, if you want to google him you can find out how to get in touch with him.

May also want to mention that the only person that has been arrested in this case is James Manley, Dana Manley Rhoden's brother. He was released but as far as I know charges were not dropped but sent to wait on a grand jury. And Jamie Barr from channel 19 Fox news is now in Texas I believe, if you want to google him you can find out how to get in touch with him.

Good idea to contact Jamie Barr, too. Perhaps he can discuss some of the things he learned during his time working on the Rhoden murder story.

As for James Manley, I checked on his case. IIRC, the charges for vandalism and tampering with evidence (removing a GPS tracking device from his truck) were dropped.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170523/charges-in-rhoden-case-dropped-pending-grand-jury

County Prosecutor Rob Junk said he asked for the charges, filed May 16, to be dropped Monday. If the case is to be refiled, it would be presented to a grand jury, Junk said.

Manley’s attorney, James Boulger, told the Dayton Daily News that the charges were simply a tactical move from the start.

“I think they want to put some pressure on him,” Boulger told the newspaper. “Try to induce him to give them information that they think that he has. That’s what I think that they’re up to.”

No mention has been made in the news about grand jury proceedings, but those would be secret anyway. As far as we know, James Manley is still living in the same place, assume he's also working. There hasn't been any news on this since last summer. All quiet.

Thanks, but I'm only looking for the Ohio Hwy patrolman who was arrested for drug dealing the other day. Someone above said he was being held in the same jail as a Pike Co local. I'm guessing it's just a rumor.

No offense, but I haven't followed the tracking of all the local small time drug busts/wife beating, etc. arrests in the Pike County area. I've always thought if the Rhoden/Gilley killers were small time locals in the drug trade, they would have been caught inside a few weeks or a month of the deaths. Too many victims, too many crime scenes to not leave evidence, unless you're a pro.

Who knows, I could be wrong, but I'm still focusing on the idea that these were pros. I'd hate to think rogue LE were involved, but it wouldn't be the first or last time. While I'm not investigating that angle regularly, when there's news that a OHP officer was arrested for dealing drugs and HGH, it's something to follow, for sure.

ETA: One of my top theories continues to be that Chris Sr was talking to LE, willingly or otherwise. Someone in LE knew he was talking and shared that info with big time dealers who called in the hit. The massacre was to eliminate a threat and send a big message to any others working with LE. The odd part has been the hostility of LE towards the people who could help them break open this case.

It almost seems like some in LE don't want the case solved, for whatever reason. Hence the need for outside LE - federal involvement. To see a news story about a federal investigation that led to the arrest of a dirty OHP officer dealing drugs in the closest drug market to Pike Co is very encouraging. For many years, it's seemed as if there was no presence of federal LE in Pike and some other counties. There still isn't any presence of them there, hasn't been in years, but at least they're watching, and busting dirty cops, not far down the road. Ditto for federal prosecutor out of Cincinnati. JMO they're looking into things, but its hard when local and state LE are watching Pike County like hawks so no one talks.

He could have been trying to make sure LE would leave him alone by telling them he knew of some LE illegal activities. The crooked cops and those they dealt with found out and could not afford to get exposed. There could be similar scenarios also. I've thought all along it was a professional hit meant to let people know what happens if they don't "mind their own business"...

He could have been trying to make sure LE would leave him alone by telling them he knew of some LE illegal activities. The crooked cops and those they dealt with found out and could not afford to get exposed. There could be similar scenarios also. I've thought all along it was a professional hit meant to let people know what happens if they don't "mind their own business"...

Agree, the warning was very effective, as it usually is. No one is talking about this case for fear of being the next ones to end up dead. Like an entire community being held hostage. The big question is "who is holding them hostage"?

Was this an interview with LM in the weeks just after the murders? We could do some searches in the Media thread or online if we can narrow down a time frame. TIA

It was in the first few days or so after murders, back when LM was talking freely to media. He clearly stated they
had recording of threats on a phone. And LE heard it. But I wonder if that phone was taken during murders?

It was in the first few days or so after murders, back when LM was talking freely to media. He clearly stated they
had recording of threats on a phone. And LE heard it. But I wonder if that phone was taken during murders?

Do you think you can find the interview? Check our Media & Timelines thread. There are links to pretty much all of LM's interviews there.

Thanks so much for the info!!! I greatly appreciate it and I’ll be reaching out to Chris Graves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa