IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
As one of the girls, had the mind to record, both video and audio. Would rational thinking not dictate, if they knew the man they would state so on audio. Ie. Why is so and so following us. To think they had the foresight to record, yet not mention the name of someone familiar. That is not rational thinking.

Hi watcher,

I believe if Abby or Libby knew BG they would have mentioned his name or where they had seen him before, especially Libby since she knew she was recording. However, it is possible that the section where the name is mentioned is inaudible for some reason, whether ambient/environmental noise, clothes rustling, etc. So there could be a scenario where they tried to name him, but LE can’t utilize that portion of the audio.
JMO.

Futhermore, If the girls had talked about Mr. Smith following them, call me crazy but Mr. Smith would be in jail and we'd be talking about the trial.
Yes or " there's that weird dude again who lives in your road" for example.
Also, if they knew him, stands to reason others in Delphi would too and they don't, apparently.

Hi watcher,

I believe if Abby or Libby knew BG they would have mentioned his name or where they had seen him before, especially Libby since she knew she was recording. However, it is possible that the section where the name is mentioned is inaudible for some reason, whether ambient/environmental noise, clothes rustling, etc. So there could be a scenario where they tried to name him, but LE can’t utilize that portion of the audio.
JMO.

From the actions that Libby took, the ones that we know of publicly. If she had any inkling of who this was, I don't think she would make one attempt and identifying him. I am of the mind they encountered BG briefly upon entering. reason being, I don't think just a random man on the bridge would warrant suspicion. However seeing him, and possibly being subjected to a lewd comment. Then forgetting him until the bridge. Giving plenty of opportunity to name him if they new him and or cancelling their hike due to creepy Mr. soandso.

I’m sticking with just “made mention of the man”.
No where can I find any adjectives the girls used to describe him.
And we don’t know if they said a name or not.
How many Jim’s have we come across? I have about 8 Jim’s noted along the way.
We truly don’t know what is on that video except DTH.
We don’t truly know what that one tip could be. And it could be the girls said a name and said named has an alibi they can’t disprove. We don’t know what piece of the puzzle is missing!

Yes - Agree that the word “man” means stranger to a teen.
Same as “a lady” = a woman you don’t know.

I just listened to the interview again and agree with you. Sgt. Holeman is the one who mentions crossing the creek and clearly indicates that is the way he believes the girls and BG went. At about the 10 minute mark of the interview if anyone wants to listen.

http://fox59.com/2017/08/14/lead-de...ave-more-audio-from-teens-phone-dna-evidence/

moo

ETA: The reporter didn't ask if they crossed the creek. He volunteered that info.

Bumping my own post to link the long interview where Holeman mentions the creek, in case anyone wants to listen. At about the 10 or 11 minute mark.

moo

I think if they met a creepy lewd talking or flashing man on the path they would be very afraid and startled -
I feel If that happened they would call home to tell someone what happened, turn back to safety and for ask for a ride ASAP -
IMO Weird adult aggression is not taken lightly by teens. I don't think they would continue to slowly walk into a more isolated part of the trail.
IMO the first time they noticed him was when they they first saw him behind them.
And they were so right to be uncomfortable —unfortunately - he meant them terrible harm.

Yes - Agree that the word “man” means stranger to a teen.
Same as “a lady” = a woman you don’t know.

Those are the words of LE. Not A&L. We don’t know what the girls said.

No, NW end of bridge to cemetery along the north bank and he videos the deer stand also and the unofficial trails through the woods, he walks all the way to the rear of the cemetery and the CS. Maybe GH has one also but I haven't seen it. If any poster knows of one, then his (GH) channel link is in the media thread.

GH does have more recent (12-17) video with animated figures showing the logistics at the end of the bridge...it's long, and I felt sad and troubled after watching. However, I think it makes sense of a possible scenario. I have the link ready to paste and will try to put it up now on media thread...I've not posted that way previously and could mess up on technology...(this in reply to post #675)

They could have said OMG there HE is again, or why is HE here, or HE’s on the bridge and so on. They didn’t have to say a name if they knew or recognized him.

I think if they met a creepy lewd talking or flashing man on the path they would be very afraid and startled -
I feel If that happened they would call home to tell someone what happened, turn back to safety and for ask for a ride ASAP -
IMO Weird adult aggression is not taken lightly by teens. I don't think they would continue to slowly walk into a more isolated part of the trail.
IMO the first time they noticed him was when they they first saw him behind them.
And they were so right to be uncomfortable —unfortunately - he meant them terrible harm.

As a female, and while older than A&L, I am not so far removed from that age as to recall. As to if lewd behavior from a man would set off red flags, yes and no. There is a large difference between a man exposing himself. HUGE red flag, turn and leave. Tho just a lewd comment or cat call is such a common occurrence. I would have forgot in moments. If the said cat caller was then following me I would be alarmed,

They could have said OMG there HE is again, or why is HE here, or HE’s on the bridge and so on. They didn’t have to say a name if they knew or recognized him.
If they were recording, due to suspicion. It makes sense if was indeed to capture his behavior and actions. Leaving evidence so as to catch their attacker. Logic would dictate. if known his name or relevance to them would have come up if not purposely then in casual banter.

If they were recording, due to suspicion. It makes sense if was indeed to capture his behavior and actions. Leaving evidence so as to catch their attacker. Logic would dictate. if known his name or relevance to them would have come up if not purposely then in casual banter.

Just playing devils advocate. Teens don’t put their phones down. They record and FaceTime and take pictures and selfies and watch videos while watching TV and so on and so on.
I don’t know what’s on the video... but now a days it’s not shocking something was caught on a phone so I don’t hold on to that 100%. LE has said Libby was a hero and I agree whole heartedly but I just don’t know if that video was by change or purposeful.
My point is we just don’t know what was captured on video. We just don’t know.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I have been known to be, but I distinctly remember reading that at one point Abby asks Libby, I'm paraphrasing, "is he still behind us? " and Libby responds "yes"
Anyone have a link?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think 2016.

I hope LE has closely looked into this Non-profit organization and the funds collected. It seems it did not garner much interest, there are only 258 people following it. Are they all locals? Is there a possibility someone did this to bring more attention and interest to the bridge. Too far-fetched.... what do you think?

Bumping my own post to link the long interview where Holeman mentions the creek, in case anyone wants to listen. At about the 10 or 11 minute mark.

moo
Thanks Jax. Holeman speaking about the creek is because Alexis asks him the difficulty and what one would have to do to walk to where the bodies were found from the bridge. Holeman simply states that they would of had to cross the creek to get to the other side-that's just an obvious fact. If anything Holeman stresses how very difficult it would be. If someone asked me to describe what someone would encounter taking a certain path does not mean they actually took that path. We cannot take a statement without first knowing the question first. LE has never said the girls crossed the creek. If LE believed they walked all that way, where's all the crime tape? Wouldn't LE consider BG dropped something along the way?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I have been known to be, but I distinctly remember reading that at one point Abby asks Libby, I'm paraphrasing, "is he still behind us? " and Libby responds "yes"
Anyone have a link?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The only documented evidence provided to the public is a report that the families were played more audfio:

DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) - State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man.
The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."
Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

Just playing devils advocate. Teens don’t put their phones down. They record and FaceTime and take pictures and selfies and watch videos while watching TV and so on and so on.
I don’t know what’s on the video... but now a days it’s not shocking something was caught on a phone so I don’t hold on to that 100%. LE has said Libby was a hero and I agree whole heartedly but I just don’t know if that video was by change or purposeful.
My point is we just don’t know what was captured on video. We just don’t know.
Both Holeman and Carter said Libby began taking the video because she sensed something was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288