GUILTY NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 - #3

Monday, March 5th:
*Pretrial Hearing for all - NY - Joey Comunale (26) - (Nov. 13, 2016) - Lawrence Dilione (28) accused & indicted on 2nd degree murder & for the alleged strangling, stabbing and dismemberment, concealment of corpse, tampering with evidence & hindering prosecution. Pled not guilty. $3M Bond, $300K cash. Last hearing 1/4.
James Rackover (26) accused & indicted on 2nd degree murder & for the alleged strangling, stabbing and dismemberment, concealment of corpse, tampering with evidence & hindering prosecution. Pled not guilty. $100K bond, $300K cash. Last hearing 1/9.
Max Gemma (29) accused hindering prosecution & tampering with evidence (allegedly helping clean up after the fact). Out on $200K bond; pled not guilty.

Should we read anything into Dilione's bail being $3 million and Rackover's being $100K??? That's a HUGE difference.

Should we read anything into Dilione's bail being $3 million and Rackover's being $100K??? That's a HUGE difference.

I think that reflects that Dilione comes from a very wealthy family, who might not be too concerned about forfeiting a million or two if he skipped town.

Sorry, I keep editing this to clarify my meaning!

It's actually $100K Bond AND $300K CASH!
Does that make sense?
If Rackover was able to get $10K would that still be enough for him to get a $100K bond or does the $300K have any bearing on that?

Also, if indeed these amounts are accurate, would that indicate that the DA theory based on the evidence is that Dilione is the killer and Rackover is more of an accessory/accomplice?

What about this explanation, which I infer from a NY law firm site:

First, the judge sets cash bail, $300K each.

Then the judge set the bail bond, because they have to offer two ways to get bail. However,

judges are aware of how bail bonds work. They know that bail bondsmen will write bonds for considerably less up front than the full amount of the bond. Therefore, many judges will set the bond amount at a level where the amount of the cash alternative will be about the amount a bail bondsman would require anyway.

So for Dilione, because it's his first offence, he has family ties, a bail bondsman would likely ask 10%. But for JR, already an ex-con, with no ties at all, the bondsman won't give the same discount. Perhaps there's a typo and it's actually $1 M.

https://www.shalleyandmurray.com/bail-in-new-york-city/

Right? I feel like that might mean there’s more to the story than what we’ve been told and dilione may have played a darker role. IMO

Right? I feel like that might mean there’s more to the story than what we’ve been told and dilione may have played a darker role. IMO

In a statement to cops that may or may not be admissible, Dilione admitted "beating Comunale unconscious in an argument over cigarettes" according to "statements filed in Manhattan Supreme Court."

Then Dilione claims that Rackover “viciously kicked and beat" Comunale who at the time was "unconscious" from Dilione's admitted beating.

Which is strange -- Rackover beating an unconscious man. Now I absolutely think it's plausible that Rackover and Dilione realized that Dilione beating Comunale unconscious was going to be a major legal problem for them and together conspired to kill the already unconscious man.

From the elder Comunale's lawsuit against the elder Rackover:
67. Upon information and belief, Defendant Dilione stated that he was only involved in assaulting Joey to the point of rendering him unconscious and that Defendant Rackover committed the murder. According to Dilione, Defendant Rackover kicked and beat the defenseless Joey, and, upon realizing Joey was severely injured, Rackover, fearing arrest, stated, “we have to kill him.”

Hey!

Unfortunately the court site doesn't show amount of bail. It definitely "could" be a typo on my part. :dunno: If anyone can find that, please post!

From the court site:
https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcrim_attorney/DefendantSearch

it shows Rackover:
Next Appearance

Date: March 14, 2018
Court: New York Criminal Court
Part: C

and it doesn't show anything now for Lawrence!!

JerseyGirl - on your post in the quotes part #207, it doesn't show the court dates on that link, unless I'm not seeing them??? Where did you get the March 6th court date??

Hey!

Unfortunately the court site doesn't show amount of bail. It definitely "could" be a typo on my part. :dunno: If anyone can find that, please post!

From the court site:

it shows Rackover:
Next Appearance

Date: March 14, 2018
Court: New York Criminal Court
Part: C

and it doesn't show anything now for Lawrence!!

JerseyGirl - on your post in the quotes part #207, it doesn't show the court dates on that link, unless I'm not seeing them??? Where did you get the March 6th court date??

I look here, then entered their booking number: http://a073-ils-web.nyc.gov/inmatelookup/pages/common/find.jsf

DILIONE, LAWRENCE Book & Case Number: 3101700494

RACKOVER, JAMES Book & Case Number: 3491612344

DILIONE, LAWRENCE
NYSID: 13714285Z
Year of Birth: 1988
Sex: Male
Race: White
Height: 5 ft 9 inches
Weight: 175 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Nativity: New Jersey
Booking Information Incarceration 10-MAY-2017
Book & Case Number: 3101700494
Current Housing Facility: AMKC (Anna M. Kross Correctional Facility)
Arrest Date: 10-MAY-2017
Arrest Number: COURT DIRECT
Next Court Date: 06-MAR-2018
Bail Status: remanded
Charge Information
Docket: 2017NY000000
Indictment: 01616/2017
Court Part: 81
Court Name: Manhattan Supr. Ct.
Charge: 125.25 FA (MURDER A Felony)

RACKOVER, JAMES
NYSID: 13217109P
Year of Birth: 1991
Sex: Male
Race: White
Height: 5 ft 11 inches
Weight: 195 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nativity: Florida
Booking Information Incarceration 18-NOV-2016
Book & Case Number: 3491612344
Current Housing Facility: MDC (Manhattan Detention Complex)
Arrest Date: 17-NOV-2016
Arrest Number: M16678484Q
Next Court Date: 06-MAR-2018
Bail Status: remanded
Charge Information
Docket: 2016NY068344
Indictment: 00000 0000
Court Part: C
Court Name: Manhattan Crim. Ct.
Charge: 511(2)(A) MT
Docket: 2017NY000000
Indictment: 01616/2017
Court Part: 81
Court Name: Manhattan Supr. Ct.
Charge: 125.25 FA (MURDER A Felony)

In new details ...

In the initial stages of the investigation, police had found bloody towels and Comunale’s driver’s license in trash at the building. Surveillance video showed Rackover leaving the building with three duffle bags and a backpack, which he threw into the trunk of his black Mercedes. Yet Rackover remained confident, NYPD Detective Yeoman Castro testified.

Castro said he had called Rackover to ask him about the identity of a person seen walking out of the building with him.

“It’s none of your f---ing business who I’m leaving the building with,” Rackover said, according to Castro.

The detective also said Rackover taunted him during the collection of surveillance footage.

“Good luck getting video!” Rackover said in the apartment building. “Then he laughed and walked in,” Castro said of the suspect.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...y-laughed-arrogantly-arrest-article-1.3857582

Retired NYPD Det. Raymond Reuther guilted the admission out of accused killer Lawrence (Larry) Dilione after taking him to the 13th Precinct for grilling — which Dilione's defense says was illegal because he was a suspect and had representation at the time.

Reuther called Dilione's father and put his troubled son on the phone. It was that exchange that loosened him up. Dilione started crying and "I started asking him if Joey was in New Jersey, did they take him there." "He just started looking at me and then he said, 'He's not far from my father's house,' Dilione added. "I said I don't know the area... you need to tell me," the detective urged him.

Dilione told him it was "behind the florist" and helped him locate the spot using Google maps.

Justice James Burke will have to decide if the statement and possibly crime scene evidence including the body will be admissible based on Reuther's testimony and the testimony of other cops at the suppression hearing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-dead-hofstra-grad-call-dad-article-1.3859353

Re article mention above - re suppression hearing - this in that link you gave me earlier:

For Lawrence:

Booking Information
Incarceration 10-MAY-2017
Book & Case Number:
Current Housing Facility:
AMKC (Anna M. Kross Correctional Facility)
Arrest Date:
10-MAY-2017
Arrest Number:
COURT DIRECT
Next Court Date:
08-MAR-2018
Bail Status:
remanded

Looks like March 8th, tomorrow?

and for Rackover:

Booking InformationIncarceration 18-NOV-2016
Book & Case Number:3491612344
Current Housing Facility:MDC (Manhattan Detention Complex)
Arrest Date:17-NOV-2016
Arrest Number:M16678484Q
Next Court Date:08-MAR-2018
Bail Status:remanded

In new details ...

In the initial stages of the investigation, police had found bloody towels and Comunale’s driver’s license in trash at the building. Surveillance video showed Rackover leaving the building with three duffle bags and a backpack, which he threw into the trunk of his black Mercedes. Yet Rackover remained confident, NYPD Detective Yeoman Castro testified.

Castro said he had called Rackover to ask him about the identity of a person seen walking out of the building with him.

“It’s none of your f---ing business who I’m leaving the building with,” Rackover said, according to Castro.

The detective also said Rackover taunted him during the collection of surveillance footage.

“Good luck getting video!” Rackover said in the apartment building. “Then he laughed and walked in,” Castro said of the suspect.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...y-laughed-arrogantly-arrest-article-1.3857582

Dumb to throw away the victim's ID with bloody towels in the garbage at your own apartment building. And dumb to taunt the cops.

Funny...now Rackover sits in jail after the cops found the victim's ID and found the video.

jmo

Retired NYPD Det. Raymond Reuther guilted the admission out of accused killer Lawrence (Larry) Dilione after taking him to the 13th Precinct for grilling — which Dilione's defense says was illegal because he was a suspect and had representation at the time.

Reuther called Dilione's father and put his troubled son on the phone. It was that exchange that loosened him up. Dilione started crying and "I started asking him if Joey was in New Jersey, did they take him there." "He just started looking at me and then he said, 'He's not far from my father's house,' Dilione added. "I said I don't know the area... you need to tell me," the detective urged him.

Dilione told him it was "behind the florist" and helped him locate the spot using Google maps.

Justice James Burke will have to decide if the statement and possibly crime scene evidence including the body will be admissible based on Reuther's testimony and the testimony of other cops at the suppression hearing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-dead-hofstra-grad-call-dad-article-1.3859353

Fingers crossed that the interrogation will be deemed legal, though I'm worried about it. If the judge allows it, could that later be used for an appeal? I'm thinking it could.

This case is going to take years.

jmo

and really strange - the other link:

shows this for Rackover:

[h=2]Next Appearance[/h]
  • Date:March 14, 2018
  • Court:New York Criminal Court
  • Part:C

and nothing on Dilione - ?? :dunno: what's going on! These two sites aren't coordinated!

Niner

The 2 sites are misdemeanor and felony criminal charges;

The one you questioned above is for violation of 511.1 01 which is a misdemeanor charge in NY for driving while on a suspended license. This charge is separate from the criminal (felony) case.

Screenshot_20180307-065706.jpg

HTH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288