OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not answer your question directly. This is why I deleted my previous post.

To me, the grow op (1) and CRsr receiving more shots (2) are just noise in the story. People read too much into that.

I see it as another mass shooting: more often young people shooting their peers over the place in society they struggle for.* Make the rest of the story: who is targeted in such circumstance? You'll find the answer yourself.

In this case though, the shooters planned to survive. Like the children and the dogs. Maybe even for them. If we were to discover they were lovers dreaming of a better family, I'd believe it. After all, lovers would keep a secret. Even more when they cheat.

I hope it's clear as mud. No further comment. Good night.

BBM
Agree. I've done some stats on the grow op estimate ( $500k iirc), and I'm not seeing that at all. Only a tray was seen at KR's place. I think that CR1 was shot so many times b/c he actually surprised them, was possibly not even asleep, and came out of his bedroom, as they killed GR. They had hoped to kill him in bed, easily, but that didn't happen. He was a good sized fella.

Both lovers, and family, can go to the grave with secrets.

If it were a couple of people doing a mass shooting would they have stopped? What would keep them from doing it again?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

They only wanted them gone. No one else.

All 31 threads!

It's normal for a long standing case to be picked up and looked at with fresh eyes. This is a discussion forum, the purpose is to engage in discussion, not read other people's discussion.

Not all 31, but I do try to browse data, if I come in late, there's a lot of info, in the following, at the head of each thread.

The CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.
MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION
CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)
Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports source article

Gunshots are common in Appalachia, however, they are muffled when shot inside a building, any sound that gets out will be further stunted by trees and hillsides and the exterior of other folks homes, who are sleeping. Folks don't even know what they are if they do hear them outside, many times. Also, the neighbors aren't that close.

The only dogs LE had trouble with that day was KR's dog Brownie. DS restrained her so they could go into this camper. If LE didn't have trouble with them then I'd guess that the assailant(s) didn't either. Lots of folks say that their dogs will "eat you alive" to keep folks from prowling around, when in fact, if a dog is used to a lot of folks coming around, the aren't that viscous at all.
Your reply made me remember a show that featured ex cons breaking into houses to show people how non-existent their security measures are. This one couple had cameras, alarms and three different big dogs. They were able to get into the house and walk right past the dogs.

OT This family could be any family in every small unheard of community across the country. Someone or persons walked into three homes and wiped out a whole family while they were at their most vulnerable, sleeping.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Nice to see you! I was beginning to think you'd had enough and left!

I've been in a couple other forums for a bit, but I still check in. I thought maybe if I took a bit of a breather, something new might hit me. I've thought of these folks every day since the news broke. They're the reason I became a member. I keep coming back to thinking that they have done someone dirty. Family, or acquaintance. You don't mess in folk's family matters. Folks disappear in the mountains all the time. It's just harder to make eight folks disappear at one time. I'm still bugging the news to see if they'll check to see if the bones LE sent off, is a friend of my son's fiance. She's been missing for a year. No one cares. She was a homeless struggling to stay clean, addict, who couch surfed. She had no parents or other family to speak of, so she's not priority. When the AG came out with the giant, sophisticated, grow op, he put a whole different twist on the Rhoden case. Who wants to step up and say, oh, I hung out at their house, and I can tell you X happened and they knew Y and had a beef with Z? No matter if it was family, or not. I'm sorry, but DeWine seems out of touch with reality.

Ah,you have already make a great point. If indeed this was ordered by someone else higher up in the food chain;just perhaps there were locals(s) contracted to do the unthinkable.

Folowing that logic could these 'people contracted' to execute the family be from the surroundings area? That possibly would explain 'their' intimate knowledge of the property layout having worked for CRsr operation. Another possibility is they were associated & friendly with family members through various side businesses (cars,roosters) or from extended family.

How convenient then 'these' contracted locals would already be familiar with the cameras,the dogs and the locations of family members homes. It is not out of the realm of possibility that at least one of the perps may have been spurned or were even engaged in a custody battle with the some of the family. Following that logic perhaps because of shared custody 'it' would not be suspicious for one of them to have been at the CS in the hours leading up to the murders.That would explain the vibe I have of someone being a mole.

I will go back and reread some of my notes. Does anyone else suspect that the perps could be locals who had a long history of engaging or 'thought' to be capable of carrying out hits?Did anyone afterwards seem to be flush with cash & is it a stretch from their meager holdings that they would suddenly come into a windfall?

This post is not based on anything other than considering & responding to Betty P post.

:cow:

DS.

I know I'm being a broken record, but this case sticks with me, and I could see it playing out.

From my earlier post:

The Stykes murder in Brown County, OH. The man's gf told who'd killed her, for money, and that he'd killed before. The gf said she was with him when he killed the Stykes girl. Iirc, he was not incarcerated when the R/G murders occurred. He isn't exactly a pro but he doesn't seem to mind killing, if the gf is telling the truth. He was arrested but the GJ didn't feel they had what they needed to indict, at the time, from what I've understood.. This keeps bouncing around in my head though.

Might not be this fella, but
someone, with some cash, could'a hired some lone wolf, like him. A business partner, or someone who wanted no one left alive to tell a secret. Only infants wouldn't be able to tell a secret. CR1 had a business partner who, fwiw, has a finger in several pies, and his gf was expecting a child. I still go back to all of them having BBL in common, and,it's fairly secluded if one wanted to use it for business dealings. Just bring that forward again too.

[FONT=&quot]The cooperating witness came forward to officials in late June with information that Lopez told her that he had murdered "multiple" people and that she had personally seen him kill.

The witness told investigators that the man in question said that Stykes' death was "payback" for her "old man" not paying money that was owed, documents show. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The witness continued that Lopez allegedly received two payments of $10,000 from another individual for committing the murder. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The witness stated that she was with him at the time of Stykes' murder and that they were in a white automobile. She said they saw a yellow jeep operated by Stykes at a gas station and followed the vehicle for 25 minutes. Lopez was utilizing a GPS and that he had a police light that plugs into the automobile cigarette lighter and used it to pull over the Stykes, the witness alleges. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When the jeep stopped, the witness told detectives that Lopez walked up to the yellow jeep and fired several shots. The witness stated that she had looked through the window and saw the woman and she was bloody. [/FONT]

http://www.fox19.com/story/30119225/documents-reveal-suspect-motive-in-brittany-stykes-murder

These were all older trailers too, and having lived in a couple back in my footloose years, I can verify that this is true.

Yes, back in the day. But did you have a grow op and security cameras, etc? I don't know for sure, but most people now install deadbolts on old houses and trailers , just to protect their TV. Door handle locks are too easy to jimmy,

DS.

I know I'm being a broken record, but this case sticks with me, and I could see it playing out.

From my earlier post:

The Stykes murder in Brown County, OH. The man's gf told who'd killed her, for money, and that he'd killed before. The gf said she was with him when he killed the Stykes girl. Iirc, he was not incarcerated when the R/G murders occurred. He isn't exactly a pro but he doesn't seem to mind killing, if the gf is telling the truth. He was arrested but the GJ didn't feel they had what they needed to indict, at the time, from what I've understood.. This keeps bouncing around in my head though.

someone, with some cash, could'a hired some lone wolf, like him. A business partner, or someone who wanted no one left alive to tell a secret. Only infants wouldn't be able to tell a secret. CR1 had a business partner who, fwiw, has a finger in several pies, and his gf was expecting a child. I still go back to all of them having BBL in common, and,it's fairly secluded if one wanted to use it for business dealings. Just bring that forward again too.

http://www.fox19.com/story/30119225/documents-reveal-suspect-motive-in-brittany-stykes-murder

I've never thought it was done by a "lone wolf" killer. LE doesn't think so either.

There were at least 2 different types of ammunition used, according to Gary Rhoden's father

It would have been too risky to take on both Chris & Gary Rhoden together. Chris had injuries showing he fought back and was beaten. No way one person could have controlled Gary while fighting with Chris, killing them both

There were too many murders, too many crime scenes for one person to kill all of them without someone fighting back.It would have also been too difficult to get all the killings done, clean up crime scenes, take video cameras, etc. in such a short time frame.

Multiple crime scenes for one person fighting with victims, the killer should have left some DNA evidence behind. LE has not said if any DNA evidence was left behind by the killers, but if so, they should have found a match by now, particularly if they were local.

But hey, there's nothing wrong with putting these theories out there.

DS.

From my earlier post:

someone, with some cash, could'a hired some lone wolf, like him. A business partner, or someone who wanted no one left alive to tell a secret. Only infants wouldn't be able to tell a secret. CR1 had a business partner who, fwiw, has a finger in several pies, and his gf was expecting a child. I still go back to all of them having BBL in common, and,it's fairly secluded if one wanted to use it for business dealings. Just bring thttp://www.fox19.com/story/30119225/documents-reveal-suspect-motive-in-brittany-stykes-murder

I agree this entire tragedy haunts me also.

rds1200 your post certainly clarified any question I might have had on finding any locals willing to contract & carry out a hit.

Betty P has posted that she believes this tragedy was done as a warming to others in the area. I am coming around to that idea.
[FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]
I did finally take a look very briefly at the redacted autopsy . When I glanced at CRsr results I read,"There are anterior, lateral, and posterior" and a whole lot of blacked out. I felt sick to my stomach. I am not a medical person but I think that could 'mean' he was opened up.I did not want to continue 'because' it just is too depraved to consider that these perps also tortured their victims.I will cling to the hope that when Reader spoke of the perps & the CS that the murderers just got 'in & out' quickly. Perhaps someone with a better understanding of anatomy will correct my uneducated totally inaccurate interpretation from the released redacted results.
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold][/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]The link;scroll to the bottom of the page(I hope it's still available) [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...ses-redacted-rhoden-autopsy-reports/90912132/[/FONT][/FONT]

There was a key kept outside, as BJM said she knew where it was. When she pulled up she noted the two dogs sitting in a recliner on the porch, and thought that to be odd as they were always inside. The door was locked, odd also. So she got the key. However, they could have locked the front door, and went out the back door, especially if it's getting a bit light and worried about cars going by. We don't know what time they hit CR1 and GR.

Rsd did you notice a dog cage in the back of James truck? I did notice a dog cage on CRsr's front porch. I wonder if this is were the dogs were kept during the murders?

I've been in a couple other forums for a bit, but I still check in. I thought maybe if I took a bit of a breather, something new might hit me. I've thought of these folks every day since the news broke. They're the reason I became a member. I keep coming back to thinking that they have done someone dirty. Family, or acquaintance. You don't mess in folk's family matters. Folks disappear in the mountains all the time. It's just harder to make eight folks disappear at one time. I'm still bugging the news to see if they'll check to see if the bones LE sent off, is a friend of my son's fiance. She's been missing for a year. No one cares. She was a homeless struggling to stay clean, addict, who couch surfed. She had no parents or other family to speak of, so she's not priority. When the AG came out with the giant, sophisticated, grow op, he put a whole different twist on the Rhoden case. Who wants to step up and say, oh, I hung out at their house, and I can tell you X happened and they knew Y and had a beef with Z? No matter if it was family, or not. I'm sorry, but DeWine seems out of touch with reality.

I was just worried about you! I like to bounce my idea's and have your other point of views from you, Betty P and even Dudley(LOL). I want to bring up something I found on another site, but I copied it from imgur and it is now gone. I know if I state something it has to have a link.

Yes, back in the day. But did you have a grow op and security cameras, etc? I don't know for sure, but most people now install deadbolts on old houses and trailers , just to protect their TV. Door handle locks are too easy to jimmy,
I have deadbolts on mine.

DS.

I still go back to all of them having BBL in common, and,it's fairly secluded if one wanted to use it for business dealings. Just bring that forward again too.
<snip>

rds1200 BBL does seem to be the common denominator. I remember early on it was discussed in relation to a business relationship somehow. I will go back and research that.

I agree this entire tragedy haunts me also.
[FONT=.SF UI Text]<snip my previous erroneous observation on CRsr autopsy>

[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...ses-redacted-rhoden-autopsy-reports/90912132/[/FONT][/FONT]

I removed from my previous post my inaccurate interpretation of the CRsr redacted autopsy. As Betty P wrote in her post GR was roughed up but nothing else has been released on any of the victims condition when found at the CS. I had misinterpreted the redacted autopsy entirely wrong. I am not a medical person so what I had read 'was the opening of the chest cavity to document organs or abnormalities' by the medical examinor which has nothing to do with torture.:blushing:

This applies to all the little pieces at the 4077, main site. I think. I am not above making an error.

CRsr was found guilty of the charges in 1995.

The date that CRsr is shown to have acquired the 4077 strip, is 09/19/1995, for $0 (I think that he sold it, in an underhanded sale, to the R, below, and after the divorce was good and settled, he bought it back. You could get away with that stuff back then.) I think he got her to sign her part over for a sum, maybe. Sold it to a relative, and then bought it back, to keep it safe from divorce.

The divorce, that was granted to him, was on 09/27/1995.

It looks like CRsr sold to, and reacquired, the property through at 4077, for $10k, from an R I'm not familiar with, for $10,000 on 11/01/1995.

Re-acquired by CRsr in 5/18/2004, for $0.00.

Transfered to NRT Et Al, on 2/17/2011, $0.00

Transferred to CR1 Et Al, 4/18/2011, $0.00

Or maybe to keep it safe from legal fees he owed? If it was in a relatives name could they take it for attorney fees?

Interesting to read what little of the autopsy reports are there. Very curious that CRsr, GR, KR all showed mildly dilated cardiac ventricles. While this is not unheard of; they all were rather young for this as it is more normal in the more advanced years. Life style can be a factor... high blood pressure, lead exposure, bacteria, COCAINE. I guess in laymans terms they recognize it as your heart "blowing up" when you OD cocaine. That is really dilated cardiac ventricles as a result of cocaine use. Dane did not show cardiac dilation even with her obesity. CRsr was not a healthy guy in my opinion. I did not notice dilated ventricles in any of the other autopsy reports but I may have over looked something.

Interesting to read what little of the autopsy reports are there. Very curious that CRsr, GR, KR all showed mildly dilated cardiac ventricles. While this is not unheard of; they all were rather young for this as it is more normal in the more advanced years. Life style can be a factor... high blood pressure, lead exposure, bacteria, COCAINE. I guess in laymans terms they recognize it as your heart "blowing up" when you OD cocaine. That is really dilated cardiac ventricles as a result of cocaine use. Dane did not show cardiac dilation even with her obesity. CRsr was not a healthy guy in my opinion. I did not notice dilated ventricles in any of the other autopsy reports but I may have over looked something.

Thanks for that information. Did you notice anything else that seemed relevant? TIA

I was just worried about you! I like to bounce my idea's and have your other point of views from you, Betty P and even Dudley(LOL). I want to bring up something I found on another site, but I copied it from imgur and it is now gone. I know if I state something it has to have a link.

Well now you've piqued our interest. Was it bigger than a breadbox? Animal, vegetable or mineral? :thinking:

Thanks for that information. Did you notice anything else that seemed relevant? TIA
CR jr is mentioned to have multiple scabs and purple scars...newer injuries but not fresh. Could this have been a recent altercation with someone?
CRsr has a long postmortem toxicology list.
GR and KR have the longest toxicology lists.
GR had a different toxicologist from the others.
KR had calluses below his knee caps..very strange. Ground worker?? Tending to young plants??
All my thoughts and opinions.

Well thank you, I think...lol

Awww, thanks! I enjoy your posts amauet! Was it a post/meme/picture? I'm curious. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77