GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #41 *Arrest*

Location is only about 30 miles N.E. of the Shops.. I tend to think it is CM.

I really hope that this is her. It's been a long time. It's weird, just last week I was thinking about Christina and all of the people impacted by her disappearance.

I don't think EA will ever admit anything. I hope her family can obtain peace with the chance to bury her, if she has been found. No point, imo, in another painful trial where he admits nothing. But jmo

I think it's a tad too coincidental that remains are found in an area that has been searched before by LE and family and EAs phone pinged at a tower very close by. Was his friends location ever shown or was that friend/residence ever disclosed? It's be quite telling to see the distance from friends house to where remains are found, in addition to path between friends house and EAs house.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

After reading a few dozen post on this thread, I'm willing to bet the remains belong to Christina.

Yes, even though the area was searched before, she is a very tiny needle in a huge haystack, not to mention the way land can change.. Many times missing people haven't been found by the search parties, but instead, by someone that was not even looking for them. I believe that is what happened here.

After reading a few dozen post on this thread, I'm willing to bet the remains belong to Christina.

Those of us who have followed the case from the beginning concur.

As for a murder trial, I lean towards that happening. DA, Plano PD are very invested.

Christina's Mom, Dad, family, and friends never gave up. They just kept on keeping on. That is testament to how very loved Christina was, is, and always will be. My thoughts are with them as they have to face the finality of the searches if this is Christina. The hardest part will just be beginning.

I want E. A. to be charged with murder, tried for murder, and found guilty of murder. This is murder now, not just kidnapping. (that is bad enough)

The only way E. A. should not be tried for murder is if he confesses and pleads guilty and avoids trial. It needs to be on the official 'books' that he is a murderer. OR, if Christina's parents do not want to go through a trial as he is already in prison for the rest of his life.

*I do sincerely hope that this is Christina. Her loved ones and friends could begin the long, long road to healing. There is no such thing as 'closure'. I wanted to scream that in my son's case. Healing is an excruciatingly long and heartbreaking process.

*Sorry for the long post.

Christina's Mom, Dad, family, and friends never gave up. They just kept on keeping on. That is testament to how very loved Christina was, is, and always will be. My thoughts are with them as they have to face the finality of the searches if this is Christina. The hardest part will just be beginning.

I want E. A. to be charged with murder, tried for murder, and found guilty of murder. This is murder now, not just kidnapping. (that is bad enough)

The only way E. A. should not be tried for murder is if he confesses and pleads guilty and avoids trial. It needs to be on the official 'books' that he is a murderer. OR, if Christina's parents do not want to go through a trial as he is already in prison for the rest of his life.

*I do sincerely hope that this is Christina. Her loved ones and friends could begin the long, long road to healing. There is no such thing as 'closure'. I wanted to scream that in my son's case. Healing is an excruciatingly long and heartbreaking process.

*Sorry for the long post.

This 100%

I wish we could quote from previous threads!

Someone asked if EA will be charged with murder now: he could be, because he was never charged with murder. But since he's been found guilty of kidnapping and has essentially a life sentence, my guess is they won't charge him unless an appeal overturns his kidnapping conviction. It would really be a waste of time and resources to try him on the murder when he's already in prison for life. But Texas is big on justice so maybe they will!

You are certainly accurate in saying he can be tried for murder now, if it's our girl. But it's a decision, rather than something automatic, and I suspect whether that would actually happen would flow from several other factors:
1 Does the state think they could get a conviction for murder, if they wanted it? No reason to try if the answer isn't a very strong yes, since he's already locked up forever.
2 Would the family want to see another trial? Or are they satisfied with the prior result?
3 The defense has pursued technical appeals re the prior case, which are unlikely to change anything ...but if this is her, this opens the door to extreme pressure and negotiation with EA now, in which he would swap a full confession and a dropping of ALL appeals in exchange for LWOP.
4 Then again, if the state (and especially the family) think that's not enough, if there is a desire to see EA get death as proper justice for what he did to her, we may see another trial regardless of the rest. We'll see.

I would love to see EA’s reaction as to when he’s told remains have been found.

I want this to be Christina so her families can get some answers, and I really hope EA is tried for her murder. Her family deserves answers.

Location is only about 30 miles N.E. of the Shops.. I tend to think it is CM.

This is certainly the right geography. Assuming she was in his trunk until Sunday afternoon (as I understand the pings), it's very close to 18 miles from where he would get on hwy 75 near his house to where he would get off at this location in Anna. At 75 mph, that's only 15 minutes or so. And this would have had him heading away from civilization, people, and city, to some place fairly remote and barely populated, which is the obvious direction we've always supposed he would have gone to look for.

I saw the update on facebook last night (my time) as news was coming in of the find. It feels different this time to the other remains that have been found over the years and I think that finally poor Christina's family may be about to start a new phase of their terrible journey.

What are everyone's best guesses of how long long the dental/DNA identification will take.

Hello to all the long standing posters for Christina, it's hard to believe that it's been 3 1/2 years since the original thread

This is certainly the right geography. Assuming she was in his trunk until Sunday afternoon (as I understand the pings), it's very close to 18 miles from where he would get on hwy 75 near his house to where he would get off at this location in Anna. At 75 mph, that's only 15 minutes or so. And this would have had him heading away from civilization, people, and city, to some place fairly remote and barely populated, which is the obvious direction we've always supposed he would have gone to look for.
No caps, Steve?
JK
I said on the last thread that I loved seeing familiar names in various places,
I hate that we're all together again under this circumstance, but glad we are all here.
J

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I joined websleuths because of Christina. I lived in the Shops when she disappeared and live nearby now. So much development has occurred over the years, and I can’t help but think of her when I see a new area being excavated. Nothing has affected me as Christina’s disappearance has. Hearing the news yesterday was such a shock. It feels like it is her, and I think they know it’s her. I don’t know about other locals seeing the news, but it seems like we’ll hear today that it her. Seems quick, but from what I’m seeing, there is a lot of talk that it’s definitely her. Prayers for her family and everyone that loves her.

Fox 4 news said it is a good chance it is her.

I almost bet it is.... Who else could it be?

Jmo

https://twitter.com/TimCiescoNBC5/status/971724913387229185

Tim Ciesco
‏
Verified account

@TimCiescoNBC5
1h1 hour ago
More
Investigators will be back out in an area of Anna (Collin County) this morning after partial human remains were discovered there Wed.

Authorities confirmed they have searched this area before in connection to the disappearance of #ChristinaMorris.

I don’t think she could have been in his trunk that long. Remember he vacuumed his trunk at work the day before? Which begs the question, did he return to the scene the next day, or leave her somewhere else in the interim?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back