GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the interview with his parents on CNN and now I’m confused all over again. The info the authorities shared with them, they cannot share with the general public. What really struck me as odd is he kept saying he’s positive Tim willl be returned soon. Does he mean returned as in captured? Is he being held against his will? Is he in hiding? Or is the father using the word “returned” to throw off the fact that Tim walked away at his own free will? But yet the authorities are saying this is not a case of foul play. They seem to know a lot considering they claim not to know much.

I've thought the same thing for awhile now but I couldn't find the link to share that. This entire time I've been trying to figure out why he would say "returned" I just feel like if his parents do not share a little more info this story will fade away from the news.

I was still under the impression that everything he used was at home, IF his house key wasnt there, that puts a completely different slant on everything. Although i do realise he could have taken a spare key anyway.

Do people think he would have been more likely to have been found by now, if he was dead or alive?
I still think if he was alive he’d let his parents and siblings at least know, seems very cruel not to.

I've thought the same thing for awhile now but I couldn't find the link to share that. This entire time I've been trying to figure out why he would say "returned" I just feel like if his parents do not share a little more info this story will fade away from the news.

Wow, I did not see that interview...do you guys have the link to it now? I'll go see if I can find it also...

I'm still not convinced that Tim didn't go out for a walk/run and suffer a fatal medical emergency. If he was under a great deal of stress, he could have had a heart attack. It would explain so much (to me) --- Bo left at home, all of his things left in the house except (if I read correctly upthread) his house key.

If I were going to kill myself, I would make sure my animals were taken care of before I did it. I would leave a note for my family, text someone immediately before doing it, etc. I'm no stranger to depression and I would never kill myself without ensuring my fur babies were in good hands. Never.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, I too am confused. The parents say Tim would not leave the dog alone but the dog was, the parents say the family was tight knit and spoke often if not dailey but the haven't since morning of 12th, the parents say he wouldn't leave windows open but there were two open... the father says Tim had personal issues..hmm lets see - money, relationship, susbstace abuse, gambling or mental Heath..
I do wonder if the neighbor who saw him jogging around 7pm on that Monday night is certain. If it was my child I would hire search teams with a radius of 5 miles around his home.
Also, I still haven't found where CDC has him in his car leaving the work place. There is an airport close to there where if on a private charter you wouldn't need ID...

I think the neighbor wasn’t certain it was TC and they said that on the news.

Private charters require an official ID for the flight manifest. You can’t just hop on a plane without any ID and jet off.

I was still under the impression that everything he used was at home, IF his house key wasnt there, that puts a completely different slant on everything. Although i do realise he could have taken a spare key anyway.

Do people think he would have been more likely to have been found by now, if he was dead or alive?
I still think if he was alive he’d let his parents and siblings at least know, seems very cruel not to.

If someone has a good plan to flee their life and hide out, they can pull it off... and I don't even like talking about the other, but if someone is determined to self-harm and hide themselves that way...well, that is certainly a big challenge for those looking, IMO.

I'm trying to reconcile what we have been told about him v the few cold, hard facts we have... and I guess the only conclusion I have come to is that *if* he was depressed (or some other "mental break"), then all bets are off, as far as us making sense of the particulars (dog being left alone/taking off without telling anyone/windows open, etc.)

That's about all I do feel certain of... that and (unless a totally odd coincidence) that the final, triggering event for him was not getting the promotion.

It seems reasonable to lean toward him taking off, either to escape or self-harm... but I'm open to foul play. As always, we need more info... that LE probably has, and would greatly sway us. :sigh:

I find it hard to believe that someone with Tim's education and accomplishments to date, would run away over a promotion he did not receive. That is part of life and the business world. At 35 he would be in line for plenty of future promotions. He didn't get the recent promotion because it wasn't his time. They could have saved him for a better up coming promotion position. It goes on all the time in the business world.

If he did in fact harm himself or disappeared because of this and leave the successful life that he had at such a young age, then unfortunately he suffers from some serious mental issues. If he lived for that promotion so career driven and it was his core being, then he did not have a normal balance in his life.

I think he would have contacted his family. Especially a sibling, if he didn't want to speak with his parents. I think he went out jogging, and took a key with him. He likely left the upstairs bathroom window open , in the area where his dog was, in case the pup had an accident, and peed or pooped on the floor. ( It wouldn't smell so much if the window was open ). I think he may have met with foul play. Noticed that LE has still not ruled out foul play. jmo, though, have no idea what happened to him.

I'm still not convinced that Tim didn't go out for a walk/run and suffer a fatal medical emergency. If he was under a great deal of stress, he could have had a heart attack. It would explain so much (to me) --- Bo left at home, all of his things left in the house except (if I read correctly upthread) his house key.

If I were going to kill myself, I would make sure my animals were taken care of before I did it. I would leave a note for my family, text someone immediately before doing it, etc. I'm no stranger to depression and I would never kill myself without ensuring my fur babies were in good hands. Never.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I totally relate to what you're saying here...I would think they would have found him by now, with all the searches, but he could have gone way off the beaten path. It's certainly possible. I appreciate what you shared about depression too. He seems like he would have cared in these ways you detail as well, unless his thinking was so clouded. However, he did try to call his Mom, so it's a confusing mishmash of facts.

Foul play is my last choice, Id see it as much more likel if we had t been told Tim had personal and professional issues going on, large enough to worry family.

I find it hard to believe that someone with Tim's education and accomplishments to date, would run away over a promotion he did not receive. That is part of life and the business world. At 35 he would be in line for plenty of future promotions. He didn't get the recent promotion because it wasn't his time. They could have saved him for a better up coming promotion position. It goes on all the time in the business world.

If he did in fact harm himself or disappeared because of this and leave the successful life that he had at such a young age, then unfortunately he suffers from some serious mental issues. If he lived for that promotion so career driven and it was his core being, then he did not have a normal balance in his life.

I find it hard to believe too...the only way I can see it is if he felt very ashamed about it, for some reason... and I don't even really mean there was a *real reason* for him to feel shame, more like he was shaming himself needlessly.

Have the police checked for a lease on a self-storage unit?

While the video includes his car keys in the list of the things that were found at his home, and doesn't include his house keys, it also says that everything he owns was found at home. So I don't think we can conclude from the video that he had his house keys with him. Indeed, some reports have said that the house keys were found in the house:
http://hbucollegian.com/2018/03/missing-cdc-worker-passed-up-for-promotion-before/

Some of this may come from different interpretations of other reports that just mention "keys." It might be worth looking at the video of the police news conference, or at reports based directly on that news conference, to see whether the house keys were found in the house. (I can't do that right now.)

Though his house was found locked, for many doors you can lock them without your keys. (And hence you can lock yourself out.)

If he went for a jog, he might've taken his keys. He might've taken a spare key if his house keys and car keys were all on one ring and were too unwieldy or if he didn't want to risk losing his regular house keys.

I hate having items in my pocket on runs. I have a hidden key outside that I use to get back in after the run. Even if he left his main house keys inside, it wouldn't mean that he doesn't have a hidden key somewhere. I think most people have this.

Have LE confirmed it was him leaving the CDC in his car yet? It keeps bothering me that they said they were still trying to confirm that.

thats super interesting...and now i went to look and now only one current shows up under his name, and its being started by some seemingly random person not part of his family and it has zero dollars raised..so its probably a scam. i wonder if we hear new news soon. also, some people have mentioned how this missing case sounded like a similar one from the same area about a female who went missing from work...thats who was found in the yellow river the other day.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/body-found-in-river-idd-as-missing-airport-worker/713701144

I find it hard to believe too...the only way I can see it is if he felt very ashamed about it, for some reason... and I don't even really mean there was a *real reason* for him to feel shame, more like he was shaming himself needlessly.
If he was ashamed needlessly, then he had to have mental issues.

"I hate having items in my pocket on runs. I have a hidden key outside that I use to get back in after the run. Even if he left his main house keys inside, it wouldn't mean that he doesn't have a hidden key somewhere. I think most people have this."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998