MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #9

I think of Phylicia so often and it turns my stomach just thinking he will get a retrial and her own sister stood by while this all happened and has immunity. Sick.

It looks like there is a possibility MJ's attorney may not represent him in the retrial?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...ci-neverdon-announce-20130904,0,5254359.story

He was involved in the defense of Michael Maurice Johnson, who is accused of murdering North Carolina teenager Phylicia Barnes. A guilty verdict was overturned, and Neverdon said he is not sure whether he will represent Johnson in a retrial.

This article was just published today, 9/4/2013. Kind of late to be waffling on whether he will represent MJ in the retrial, yes? Retrial is supposed to happen next month?

I can confirm this for everyone. I had a lengthy discussion with Shauntel Sallis about this last night. Michael Johnson will be represented by a Public Defender. I put a call out to Janice last night but couldn't reach her. With a PD he is just as good as toast!!

I would assume that means we're in for another delay come October 1 so the PD can get "up to speed" on the case.......MOO.

Hi David, thank you for the "A flower in the river" series. I am adding it to the case archive if you don't mind. It will be the first part of the new sub-section for trial #2.

Excellent synopsis of the case, and the back story that the media is not telling.

Here is the new (sub-section) link for trial 2:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...6&page=1&_suid=138033102920903247674856806962

Also, I need help from anyone reading or TPC....
I need the link to the first part of the series. I am done with the Part II/Sept 12, and I'm working on Part III/Sept 26.
But where's Part I?

Thanks again.

JoyLepolaStewart (@jlepolastewart) tweeted at 0:22 PM on Wed, Nov 13, 2013:
Sources say Michael Johnson can no longer afford private attorney. Judge tell Johnson's atty to appear in court on Friday to resolve matter.

Prosecutors said Friday they intend to explore the tempestuous relationship between the lead detective in the Phylicia Barnes case and his daughter when his trial on assault and burglary charges begins next week.

The detective, Daniel T. Nicholson IV, is accused of barging into a Northeast Baltimore apartment, knocking a woman to the ground and punching another as he frantically searched for his daughter.

His actions were previously scrutinized at the trial of Michael Maurice Johnson, who was indicted in Barnes' death, when defense attorneys sought to cast doubt on Nicholson's credibility by pointing to the parallels between Nicholson's own hunt and the search for Barnes.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...etective-trial-start-20140124,0,1808480.story

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back