MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #9

Supreme Court refuses MJ's case. On he goes for the third time.
Hopefully, they will get it right this time.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Trial is set to begin March 5, 2017.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...eme-court-phylicia-barnes-20171002-story.html

Attachments

• phylicia..b.JPG
    phylicia..b.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Trial-three.JPG
    Trial-three.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
Bumping for Phylicia, a little more than 2 months until trial #3 starts.

Anyone know if trial #3 is still scheduled for March 5th?

TPC's most recent article about Phylicia's case.

http://thepeopleschampion.me/honors...s-the-horror-of-searching-for-her-kid-sister/

What stood out to me most, in fact it jumped out at me, is what is likely going to be MJ's defense. According to TPC's article a member of Phylicia's family was visited by a PI who mentioned the other person who was found in the river about the same time Phylicia was found. It sounds as if the defense is trying to find enough of a connection between the man who committed suicide and was found near Phylicia to a. Convince a judge to allow the defense to present that theory and b. spin the defenses theory enough to create reasonable doubt.

Anyone familiar with MD law on what requirements the defense mist meet to present their alternative theory to the jury during trial? Would the bodies being found near each other be enough or what more might the judge require?

Anyone know if trial #3 is still scheduled for March 5th?

Third trial set to begin today for man charged in 2010 killing of Phylicia Barnes

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-barnes-killing-trial-set-20180304-story.html

Michael Maurice Johnson, 34, is scheduled to stand trial on second-degree murder charges. The legal saga has seen Johnson convicted by a jury and acquitted by a judge, with both verdicts overturned. Johnson sought to have the case heard by the U.S. Supreme Court, which declined last year.

Thanks Mods for moving this over to trials. Let's hope there is finally justice for Phylicia.

Prosecutors may call McCray to testify again. (Remember he was the alleged jail house snitch who claimed MJ confessed to him and it was information the prosecution withheld from the defense pertaining to this witness which led to the original conviction being overturned.) However, the prosecution has been unable to find him since October.

SMH, please let this not be another mess by the prosecution.

Updated Baltimore Sun article linked above. I can't get the paste button to work.

The silence here is going to drive me batty. Where is the info on what's happening in the court room? It's gotta be out there somewhere. We've all waited way too long for justice for Phylicia and it isn't going to come soon enough.
:scared::gaah:​

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u