Found Deceased Ireland - Tina Satchwell, 45, Youghal, Co. Cork, 20 March 2017 *arrest*

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...setback-as-cctv-footage-deleted-36682447.html

[h=1]Garda hunt for missing Tina suffers setback as CCTV footage deleted[/h]
I can't imagine that would have come as a surprise to them.

I am surprised they released the information to the public, if it was released by Gardai.

It's getting a tad depressing now, I would have expected 3 or 4 days, outset for dogs to cover site..

5 now and there's nothing at all..

I just hope it doesn't hit the wall, while suspecting they will find nothing at all.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...-for-answers-goes-on-in-tina-case-831796.html

[FONT=&quot]What the public didn’t know was that gardaí investigating Tina’s disappearance had been planning a major search of the area for some time following the receipt several weeks earlier of what has been described as new information from a “credible source”.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Despite all the signs that gardaí are looking for a body, Richard still clings to hope that she will return home safe.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“I have ideas, but that’s between me and her, there are reasons she was upset, external to the relationship. She was upset,” Richard said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But he also revealed that both he and his wife had struggled with depression and that 10 years into their married life, he had left their home for the UK for almost a year when he “got down” but had remained in touch with his wife during this time.

Reports this week also suggested that gardaí have been told recently that a woman matching Tina’s description was seen entering the wood with another person, again, around the same time as her disappearance, and that the second person emerged alone.

“The recovery of remains is denied to so many people in Ireland. Once remains are recovered, at least they are no longer missing, and there is closure, a finality to it, he said.”[/FONT]

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...-for-answers-goes-on-in-tina-case-831796.html

Reports this week also suggested that gardaí have been told recently that a woman matching Tina’s description was seen entering the wood with another person, again, around the same time as her disappearance, and that the second person emerged alone.

“The recovery of remains is denied to so many people in Ireland. Once remains are recovered, at least they are no longer missing, and there is closure, a finality to it, he said.”[/FONT]

Pretty much anyone can call in a tip. Someone may be trying to throw LE off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pretty much anyone can call in a tip. Someone may be trying to throw LE off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No, actually.
This has been claimed to be a CREDIBLE tip by Gardai.
They tend not to invest such massive resources into a 'called-in-tip' from anybody without very sound evidence which has not been disclosed to the public.
It's a lot more difficult to sleuth a case in Ireland, because information is guarded.
There tends to be a lot of gossip, misinformation and malice, as a result.

Whereas resources and expenditure on cases is largely arbitrary, they do need to be in a position to justify and account for a search on this scale.

I suggest you read the Graham O Dwyer case.

I posted earlier in the thread about the "witness". I just can't see the Gardai putting so much resources and getting search dogs over from the UK based on one phone call. I really think that they have some firm mobile phone evidence/some other damning proof that shows that *someone* was in the vicinity of those woods around the time Tina vanished. The Gardai can build convincing cases against despicable people with data, see the Graham Dwyer case as mentioned above or the Joe O'Reilly case. A lot of people have compared RS to Joe O Reilly based on their mutual love of being on the telly.

I think the search has been planned for a number of months based on the fact that there aren't many search dogs in the UK so they'd be hard to borrow at short notice plus the number of Gardai involved in the search. A massive forensic search takes a lot of time to organise. It also may have been timed to be near the anniversary of her disappearance when *someone* is feeling quite rattled.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...setback-as-cctv-footage-deleted-36682447.html

[h=1]Garda hunt for missing Tina suffers setback as CCTV footage deleted[/h]
I can't imagine that would have come as a surprise to them.

I am surprised they released the information to the public, if it was released by Gardai.

It's getting a tad depressing now, I would have expected 3 or 4 days, outset for dogs to cover site..

5 now and there's nothing at all..

I just hope it doesn't hit the wall, while suspecting they will find nothing at all.

For a SAR dog (Search and Rescue) they can cover 40-60 acres in about an hour and a half, if there is no water crossings, and relatively flat terrain. A HRD dog, which stands for human remains detection (the correct term for what people call "cadaver dogs") takes much, much longer, especially if there is water to cover as well. More so than a SAR dog a HRD dog moving too quickly or overdirecting or excessive directing can lead to false alerts, so the search may seem painstakingly slow to outsiders.

Some factors that are unique to the HRD dogs is they often have a fairly small window per day to work in, as temperatures can affect their ability to detect scent.

Areas that are overgrown (which sounds like this park) or have a lot of standing water, makes it harder for the dogs to move freely and pinpoint.

Searches usually occur over several days versus utilizing multiple dogs at the same time within the same area

Handlers will be marking or notating areas of interest, body language changes, as well as areas of trained final response. This adds to time involved.

As opposed to searching, since this is a crime scene handlers and dogs have to be uniquely careful to not disturb or alter any crime scene evidence.

One thing that is interesting is The RD dog can detect a body in water, due to gases escaping and rising to the surface. In most areas, the dogs cover the water in a boat with a deck in front with planking for a stable platform where they can get their nose down to the water. The boat's driver uses the movements of the dogs head to know which way to drive the boat. In the States, in certification, the dog has to be able to detect in an area of 1 acre in thirty minutes if it's wilderness. (buildings it's 1000 square feet in 30 minutes)

For a SAR dog (Search and Rescue) they can cover 40-60 acres in about an hour and a half, if there is no water crossings, and relatively flat terrain. A HRD dog, which stands for human remains detection (the correct term for what people call "cadaver dogs") takes much, much longer, especially if there is water to cover as well. More so than a SAR dog a HRD dog moving too quickly or overdirecting or excessive directing can lead to false alerts, so the search may seem painstakingly slow to outsiders.

Some factors that are unique to the HRD dogs is they often have a fairly small window per day to work in, as temperatures can affect their ability to detect scent.

Areas that are overgrown (which sounds like this park) or have a lot of standing water, makes it harder for the dogs to move freely and pinpoint.

Searches usually occur over several days versus utilizing multiple dogs at the same time within the same area

Handlers will be marking or notating areas of interest, body language changes, as well as areas of trained final response. This adds to time involved.

As opposed to searching, since this is a crime scene handlers and dogs have to be uniquely careful to not disturb or alter any crime scene evidence.

One thing that is interesting is The RD dog can detect a body in water, due to gases escaping and rising to the surface. In most areas, the dogs cover the water in a boat with a deck in front with planking for a stable platform where they can get their nose down to the water. The boat's driver uses the movements of the dogs head to know which way to drive the boat. In the States, in certification, the dog has to be able to detect in an area of 1 acre in thirty minutes if it's wilderness. (buildings it's 1000 square feet in 30 minutes)
The dog that has come from the UK is uniquely certified to detect from water sources. The Irish Examiner ran an article on him during the week.. I think it's possible he or she is the only cadaver dog being used for this search.

It is not a park, it is a wood..
That means there will only be a limited area that is viable for searching, because of tree root systems... damaged trees, possibly disturbed or destroyed in the course of a burial will be showing damage by now, 12 months later.

Here's some links for the woods.. I saw some images last night on another forum, I am trying to locate them

http://www.irishtrails.ie/Trail/Castlemartyr---Mitchell-s-Wood-Loop/433/

http://www.coillte.ie/site/castlemartyr/

This will give you an idea of the terrain..
what do you think in terms of time for this landscape?

Here's link to cadaver dog article https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cadaver-dogs-deployed-in-tina-satchwell-search-467951.html

[FONT=&quot]Cadaver detection dogs like Ronnie can be used to detect buried human remains as a result of crime or natural disasters, and to detect concealed human remains on the surface or submerged in water.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They can cover ground quickly and are viewed by gardaí as a valuable tool in identifying specific areas of interest that may require further investigation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ronnie has been trained specifically to work as part of police operations and along with other search techniques such as ground penetrating radar.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If he picks up the specific scent of a recently deceased, putrefying or skeletonised human corpse, he will signal to his handler who will, in turn, identify the area of interest.[/FONT]

I posted earlier in the thread about the "witness". I just can't see the Gardai putting so much resources and getting search dogs over from the UK based on one phone call. I really think that they have some firm mobile phone evidence/some other damning proof that shows that *someone* was in the vicinity of those woods around the time Tina vanished. The Gardai can build convincing cases against despicable people with data, see the Graham Dwyer case as mentioned above or the Joe O'Reilly case. A lot of people have compared RS to Joe O Reilly based on their mutual love of being on the telly.

I think the search has been planned for a number of months based on the fact that there aren't many search dogs in the UK so they'd be hard to borrow at short notice plus the number of Gardai involved in the search. A massive forensic search takes a lot of time to organise. It also may have been timed to be near the anniversary of her disappearance when *someone* is feeling quite rattled.
I agree with you mostly.
But tip off came after second last Primetime programme.. poss Jan or Feb.. an appeal, which I actually missed.. or was it Crimecall? Cannot remember, exactly?

This is a huge case her.. the airways are buzzing with it.. country divided on his guilt or innocence.
i am not convinced of his guilt at all. Possibly tonight's programme will confirm my doubts or send me in an entirely different location.

The last Primetime programme completely swung me.

I think it's possible he is being set up.

Not many share my views and I'm probably entirely wrong (btw)

http://theliberal.ie/tina-satchwell...how-about-his-wifes-mysterious-disappearance/

Richard was hopeful that by doing the interview tonight it might jog someone’s memory. He said that doing a show on Primetime has brought the investigation to gardai looking in a nearby woods.Richard said that numerous people have claimed to have seen Tina since her disappearance. He said that on the day of her disappearance, she had asked him to light a candle in a Church and that when he went back to the house she had vanished and a sum of €26,000 was also missing.
He said he regrets fully that he waited a couple of days to notify the gardai as he thought she’d just gone to relatives in Fermoy.

Many thanks for the links Kitty, will have a catch up later today

After listening to a few interviews ... if I had to call it one way or the other ... I think, I might think that ... he's innocent.

I noted that he talks of her in terms of 'is' ... we know from experience here that the guilty often slip up on that one.

There is leakage in an interview that is posted up thread, something along the lines of her being found or harmed and he shakes his head no, to a question put to him, which to me indicates that he knows more than what he says he does.

I also think he places a lot of emphasis on his own feelings rather on hers.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

There is leakage in an interview that is posted up thread, something along the lines of her being found or harmed and he shakes his head no, to a question put to him, which to me indicates that he knows more than what he says he does.

I also think he places a lot of emphasis on his own feelings rather on hers.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
I think it's hard to truly judge though as, of course there's things he's hiding and holding back (what happened to Tina in 2012? ) or things that police advise bot to make public ...

I've just watched the Ray Darcy show and my opinion has not changed. The lighting a candle in the church is a new detail which nicely explains the two hour trip to Dungarven. I wonder will he now be charged with benefit fraud?

I've just watched the Ray Darcy show and my opinion has not changed. The lighting a candle in the church is a new detail which nicely explains the two hour trip to Dungarven. I wonder will he now be charged with benefit fraud?

I doubt it very much.
Half that money would have been hers, had it come from sale of house and had house been in both names..

It is not above a level for benefit fraud in either case..

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...ans_test_for_jobseekers_allowance.html#l4570f

Just listened to the radio interview and watched the tv one.

He answered many of the questions by making it all about him - how he is feeling, how it has affected him etc - rather than responding to the question.
But he was very detailed re his shopping trip on that Monday, explaining why it took 4 hours - stop at church etc.

Each time he was asked what he thinks has happened, he avoided giving a response. Again, could be simply he doesnt want to see his answer making headline news, could be something darker than that.
Mentions he doesn't like the press, doesn't talk to media, but then goes to the site of the search because he is asked to go there by the media ?

Says that he was giving Tina space but also says that she knew he would not give her space and would chase after her if she went away.

Some similarities to Ian Stewart ( Helen Bailey case ) -
Delay in reporting Tina as missing
Large amount of money being taken
Trip out of the house for several hours
References to Tina's ( alleged ) depression and the hint that there had been a long history with this - ref his comment that Tina asked him to ensure she never took anti depressants, which was made only a few days after he met her.

I'm in the middle of studying and so have not had the usual time to spend on this case , but it's very telling that they are searching in an area he is known to have been the day before he claims she went missing . I also think there's alot of circumstantial evidence building here . He strikes me as controlling and in my opinion is doing all he can to paint this woman as a depressed mess when I believe if she was , it was because of him .
All MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288