MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veteran TV journalist to interview parents of Ally Brueger

On Thursday, Feb. 15, Ally’s parents, Franz and Nikki Brueger will be interviewed by Chris Hansen of Crime Watch Daily. The interview will be broadcast at a date and time yet to be determined.

The story

 Shortly after 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 30, 2016, Alexandra “Ally” Brueger, 31, of Rose Township, was shot while jogging along Fish Lake Road. She was shot in the back four times before collapsing in the yard of a private residence.

 The homeowner found her bleeding in his front yard. He called 911 and tried to resuscitate her. She died later at Genesys Regional Medical Center in Grand Blanc Township.

 Brueger ran 10 miles every day for the past 10 years, until that deadly Saturday afternoon. She was a nurse at the time and on her way to becoming a successful writer.

 Her killer has not yet been caught.

 Brueger was small in stature at 4-feet, 9-inches tall, weighing 98 pounds. Despite her small size, her parents said she was mighty in presence.

 Her mother has often said that from the back, her daughter resembled a 12-year-old child. “Who would shoot a child in the back?” she asked.

Keep the tips coming

 Anyone with information leading to the arrest of the person(s) responsible for the murder of Alexandra “Ally” Brueger is asked to call 1-855-MICH-TIP (642-4847) or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP (773-2587). The current reward, offered by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms ($5,000) and Crime Stoppers ($8,500) is $13,500.

 Crime Stoppers pays for information that leads to an arrest, not a conviction.

http://m.tctimes.com/news/veteran-t...e50-0dc8-11e8-ac78-674820c48ac5.html?mode=jqm

New clues!!!! Let's get this thread active!!

https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-new...of-metro-detroit-nurse-murdered-while-jogging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major comments:
"Nikki Brueger says she and her husband only met Sutherland one time during Ally’s 2-year relationship with him. Sutherland is now trying to suggest Ally’s father is the killer."

The boyfriend failed a lie detector:
“They said that the first one was inconclusive. And then they said I failed the second one,” said Sutherland.

The boyfriend is named as a suspect!!!!
“We have spoken with Wes. We’ve interviewed him a couple of times now. He’s a suspect in this incident,” said Michigan State Police First Lt. Michael Shaw.

Ok so my thoughts: how in 2 years did the parents only meet the boyfriend once?! Why did he fail the lie detector? What is his story? Now that he is a named suspect, we can sleuth him correct?

https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-new...of-metro-detroit-nurse-murdered-while-jogging

What really gives me hope is that LE has the empty shotgun shells. If they find a shotgun, the extraction and firing pin marks can be used to tie the gun to crime or eliminate. This is the first time I've read that LE had them. The ejection port is on right hand side and I would have thought that whoever fired the gun would have just stepped partway out the door while firing. That way the shells would have landed inside the car and not be left at the crime scene. This sounds like the killer put the car in park, got out and shot at her. The recovery of those empty shells is huge.

If he fired over 3 rounds then this sounds like a shotgun used for either deer/bear hunting or personal protection as most other wild game hunting requires a gun with the capacity for no more than 3 rounds. Granted most pump or semi-auto shotguns have the capacity for 5 rounds, but there is a "plug" in the magazine that prevents more than 2 in the magazine at a time. In order to follow the law the plug has to be one would require disassembly of the magazine in order to remove it. Due to the effort involved in that, almost everyone I hunted with never removes the plug from gun.

(Just an observation and I know this going to sound cold, but if the killer fired 4 shots and only hit with one with a SHOTGUN, unless they were firing rifled slugs they don't sound like someone who used a shotgun to hunt or even have much experience with one. Hitting a running deer is MUCH harder than a running person and an experienced hunter could likely have hit a running deer at least 3 of 4.)

Imho - It seems whoever shot Ally was not a good shot -

Michigan State Police say they found four shotgun casings at the scene. Only one of those shots hit Ally. She was shot in the back, presumably as she was trying to run away from her killer.

Again, imho - I feel if Wes wanted to harm Ally he would have done where she lived before moving home or somewhere along the way. Why travel to her?
Who knew she was home, did she leave behind a past and someone had a score to settle that knew her routine? Also, again did her mom and dad have any enemies?Moo

“We have spoken with Wes. We’ve interviewed him a couple of times now. He’s a suspect in this incident,” said Michigan State Police First Lt. Michael Shaw. But F/Lt. Shaw says Sutherland is not the only suspect.

“Unfortunately, unless you rule people out or have a very solid alibi, everybody’s a suspect. Including mom and dad right now,” said F/Lt. Shaw.

Recap on the boyfriend:
https://www.tctimes.com/news/local_...cle_e71bb142-ecc4-11e7-a4d9-2b58e5da74fd.html

 In addition to her parents, Ally is mourned by her boyfriend, 30-year-old Weston “Wes” Sutherland. He is a Neuro ICU patient care technician at Providence Park Hospital in Novi, where he and Ally met. They dated for two and a half years. “Our first date was on New Year’s Eve,” he said.

 “I wasn’t prepared to lose Ally,” he said. “I served six years in the Army as a combat medic with the infantry. I spent two years in Iraq and lost many good friends. It was extremely painful but I was mentally prepared for that reality.

 “I wasn’t prepared to lose Ally. She was smart, adorable, funny, and the most kind-hearted person you could meet. Ally was my best friend and I loved her more than anything in the world,” he said.

 “Ally’s death turned my world upside down and my life will never be the same without her; as I know is true for her family, friends, and anyone who knew her,” Sutherland said.

WTH is going on here?!

https://www.tctimes.com/news/new-de...cle_e5892014-23c7-11e8-9c28-c31bdea8f3d0.html

“At the time of her murder, she was just friends with Wes and his fabrications of marriage need to end,” Nikki said. “The idea that Ally would have agreed to an engagement in December of 2016 is preposterous. And then to wait until Wes was accepted into a nursing program, successfully completing a two-year curriculum, passing the state exam and finally get a nursing position before getting married is absurd.

“At the time of her murder, Ally was planning an August 2016 trip to Florida to visit a guy she had casually dated several years ago,” Nikki said. “I have a pile of clothes she purchased for that trip with the tags still attached.”

“WTH is going on here?!?!.”
That’s exactly the correct question that everyone to be asking...

I'm new here. I joined to follow along on another case and thought of this board while reading the local newspaper's FB page this morning. The supposed boyfriend commented on a post about this case. I'm not sure it's ok to link or not but it's on the TriCounty Times FB page.

That interview was over an hour long... they showed, in total, maybe 3-4 minutes in the entire 15 minute segment... the vast majority of things I brought up about her parents suspicions behaviors were left out. The gun found in their closet, many things I had noticed about Franz, not going to his own daughters birthday party that we had for Ally at her moms house 2 months after she was killed, as one example, was edited out. And entire part where I show Chris Hanson text messages from Alex the days leading up to her death talking about getting engaged, talking about marriage, telling each other we love each other.... text messages from her mom talking about Franz’s uncaring behavior and attitude after Alex’s death and his “just get over it” attitude toward he mother.... I showed all of these text messages to Chris Hanson, I even sent all of them to the producer of the program.

Now, I have absolutely no idea why they deliberately left these things out. They never even mentioned I had showed all the text messages to back up my claims.
The final thing worth mentioning is probably the most important Vera.... Back about a year ago I had began to wonder whether her parents ever agreed take polygraph tests. I didn’t care so much what the results might be as I did about whether or not they had refused or agreed to take one. It was a time when I still talked to Nikki and I had began to grow more and more suspicions, and asking more and more questions. I later thought... i asked a lot of question about Franz and I heard a lot of her defenses she made for him, but never once did she talk about polygraphs. IF they had both agreed to take, and both passed, you think she would have mention it in her defense somewhere.
Then in watching the interview, I again noticed no mention of their polygraph tests at all, not a word. I also noticed Chris Hanson never brought it up either. I mean, this is an interview of 2 suspects in a homicide investigation were talking about here, right?
So I contacted the producer for crime watch daily multiple times today asking why Alex’s parents never mentioned passing a polygraph test for some reason, and why they weren’t never asked about taking one in their interview considering they’re both still suspects in this murder...
He dodged this question multiple times and I was getting a sense he really didn’t want to answer it for some reason, so eventually I told him to stop dodging and just give me a straight answer!
Then he sent me this...
“We are not able to discuss the unaired interaction we had with her parents, or the decisions made not to air it. We have no further comment. Take care.”
Well, obviously the decision not to air it wasn’t because Nikki and Franz said, “We both agreed to take it, and we both passed”... or they had agreed to the interview only under the condition that certain thing, like polygraphs, weren’t discussed.
So ask yourself, who’s really trying to hide things here, and what are they trying to hide exactly? And how dare Nikki say a single word about my polygraph results, meanwhile her and Franz are making deals not to be ask about it themselves, or refused to answer when asked and have it edited out.

Hoping that the renewed activity on this thread and the Crime Watch Daily interview bodes well for a resolution in the case in the near future.

While I never considered the possibility that Ally's parent/s could have been involved in her murder, until there is an arrest and conviction, all avenues should be explored. Not sure it's relevant to the case, but whenever I've seen Mr. and Mrs. Brueger in interviews, they seem more like grandparents than Ally's parents. Does anyone know how old they are?

I'd also like to know why Ally moved back home when it meant a much longer commute to the hospital. Did her parents want their "little girl" to move back home with them, or did Ally want to move back home with her parents?

:tyou: for keeping this discussion up-to-date.

Her mom wanted her to come back home,,. Her dad wanted absolutely NOTHING to with all’no. So I’m sure he wasn’t happy!
And Alex loved spending time with run her mom... but perferd her father not be anywhere. around

But Nikki runs the entire operation like a a dictator... any steps of like... done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa