Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be judgemental about Clark being incapable of brevity, but that would definitely be the pot calling the kettle black. :D

... And as far as Tammy Rose- a pesky swarm of tweeters have, over the past many months, caught her out telling many a flat out lie, lies that once exposed she immediately deleted, then claimed they were never told (Debbie Maran did the best & most thorough job of debunking many of Tammy's tales).

LOL, I had to single this out because I just looked at her LinkedIn page and the first "skill" she has listed is ... STORYTELLING.

:silly:

Always the bearer of good news:

Michael Kiefer
‏
Verified account

@michaelbkiefer
22m22 minutes ago
More
Arizona attorney discipline committee reinstates bar complaint against Juan Martinez.

I'm wondering how or when in the world would he have had time (or energy) to woo anyone outside of his marriage? Those trials would have been all-consuming.

News on Clark's appeal to the AZ Bar's Probable Cause Committee to overturn the Bar's dismissal of her Juror 17/sex sex sex complaint against JM:

The Committee ruled in Clark's favor and against JM. The dismissal was dismissed, pending further investigation by the Bar of the charges.

In one way, I'd rather that a crowd of WS'ers, at least, had gathered together here waiting to know if we'll see the opening brief today, or tomorrow, or no time soon at all.

On the other hand, if her appeals are already such a matter of indifference, I can only imagine just how close the is to being altogether erased- at long last- from the memory or interest of virtually everyone.

If felled by seal & a year's wait, will the sound of her appeal being denied be heard?

Exactly, I personally lost all interest, the only note of concern, is for the prosecutor. I might even be slightly more interested in Nurmi's books, should there be any more... previously, the emphasis was on Travis and justice. That has more or less been achieved (and it certainly took long enough)!

Well, ain't that special. The 's attorneys did not file her appeal by the deadline last night, and still haven't, and neither did they submit a motion requesting more time, which they are legally obligated to do.

I can't imagine the COA doing so with this particular case, but because 's attorneys neither filed or requested an extension, the Court would be within it's rights to refuse to hear her appeal at all.

*snipped*

The delay must be due to either negligence or incompetence.

First of all, wooooot! Secondly, I haven't yet read through all of the posts, but the articles state that they were also inundated with other cases. Well, they have extended their request but... honestly, what a waste of taxpayer funds. At this point, that is all I can say...

*snipped, sorry*

To play devil's advocate, the trial record IS absolutely & atypically enormous and complex (loooooooong trial, equally loooooong retrial, so many Motions & sidebars & allegations of misconduct & squabbles, and multiple appeals to higher courts before and during trial), and, given the extended snafu involving correcting & redoing the trial transcripts, it can be argued that her attorneys didn't have a full and accurate trial record until last fall.

Also, JA is full of sooo much *advertiser censored* that... she will never accept being put away. Truly pathological and too much work, even wore her own lawyers out. Ninjas, "boyfriend assaulted her," pedophilia accusations, now JM accusations, the reasons I felt she should have gotten the DP is simply due to this vortex she creates. She is a murderer, and still manipulating away. Fits the definition of borderline personality like none other, I've never been* so confused whether or not it's that or psychopathy alone. She has Column A and Column B and* Column C (malignant narcissism).

Holy fricken cow, I imagined Willmott was bitter towards JM but aligning herself with the holier than thou dynamic duo of distortion? The defense team hit lows rarely seen in trials (and JW was batting just as often as Nurmi) but this is snake belly depth. I wonder if part of the scheme is to break JM with legal fees since Clark hasn't gotten far with her charges.

I'm just aghast about Willmott though, in league to help further destroy her former co-counsel, that just makes me queasy.

Not remotely surprised, I figured she was too supportive of JA in her own way, and the way she seemed personally affected by DeMarte's confidence, I know her. She's vain as hell... She just doesn't show her cards. She's more tolerant than Nurmi at this sort of thing. Probably because she projected herself as some sort of likely victim - she put herself in "poor" JA's shoes... I don't know. It's wacky.. but anyone remember her being caught for marijuana possession or whatever?? I personally believe she's been holding a grudge against authority ever since, even attended law school because it shamed her so. LOL Oh well.

News on Clark's appeal to the AZ Bar's Probable Cause Committee to overturn the Bar's dismissal of her Juror 17/sex sex sex complaint against JM:

The Committee ruled in Clark's favor and against JM. The dismissal was dismissed, pending further investigation by the Bar of the charges.

I had to read back and now I actually understand this. LOL

"The dismissal was dismissed,"

Thanks for making sense of everything for us. Without you I would not have a clue what is going on.

I cannot believe all the time spent by these lawyers trying to get dirt on JM. They sure must have a reason they are willing to spend so much time and money filing all these motions.

Sounds to me that they may have a personal vendetta against him for some reason. And curious how JA even found people willing to support her in her attempts for her items.

She is doing her best to stay relevant and luckily her notoriety is fading with each passing day.

I think its good she got a life sentence rather than the DP. I think she would have gotten even more publicity if she was on death row.
Looking forward to the day when all her appeals run out and her bogus attempts at creating news for herself.

There was a response issued by the AZ this week re : Nurmi vs Arias but I can’t understand the ruling. The document can be found on Twitter under #jodiarias. If anyone has the inkling to review the legalese, any input would be appreciated. I think the killer lost the case, but am not sure.

Can you provide a link? #jodiarias is her Twitter and I don't see anything there. Search of AZ court cases comes up empty.

Any breach of Nurmi's fiduciary responsibility has already been compensated by his semi-voluntary disbarment. Further compensation by glomming onto the profits from Nurmi's book would be indistinguishable from profiting from her crime. As much as she may feel entitled to do so, and as much as it would increase her standing in the canteen economy of prison, it's against the law.

Makes me wonder if she will settle now if she can not make any money?
She will not be able to use the suit for her Appeals and she can already use Nurmi's disbarment for the writing of the book.

Makes me wonder if she will settle now if she can not make any money?
She will not be able to use the suit for her Appeals and she can already use Nurmi's disbarment for the writing of the book.

There's nothing to settle. She can either drop the suit, or lose. The disbarment can't be used in her appeal because it had nothing to do with the trial. It's based on breaching attorney/client privilege after the trial was over so it's irrelevant to any appeal, which only deals with the trial itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288