Found Deceased Ireland - Tina Satchwell, 45, Youghal, Co. Cork, 20 March 2017 *arrest*

I've never directly pointed the finger at him, lets just say I feel there are some very strange things with this case. Here is a list:

The Gardai statements and family statements about the case

The massive amount of resources put into the searches of Youghall and the forest

Bizzare details - lighting candles in the church for dead parrots for example

Selling the car

Refusing to take a lie detector test

Lack of emotion

Moaning about the media

Changing story about the money

slight digs he makes at his missing wife and her self adoration

his vague description of the evening and morning he last saw his wife

The odd statements he attributes to Tina before she went missing

His changing stories when pushed on how she made plans with her friend that lives 20+ miles away to meet almost on a daily basis

No appealing to his wife personally (he claims to believe she is still alive and hiding)

None of his story adds up and the more we learn the less sense it makes

Her family (the only other people we know that knew her ) call him a liar basically

The usual suitcase incidence

General lack of urgency

Shows an overriding concern for himself and not Tinas well being "my mind can't go there" allows him to concentrate on how this is affecting him

anyone else want to take over ?

His changing stories when pushed on how she made plans with her friend that lives 20+ miles away to meet almost on a daily basis

No appealing to his wife personally (he claims to believe she is still alive and hiding)

Her family (the only other people we know that knew her ) call him a liar basically

General lack of urgency

Shows an overriding concern for himself and not Tinas well being "my mind can't go there" allows him to concentrate on how this is affecting him

none of which makes him a murderer.
He is heavily medicated.. his explanation of his wife's best friend was confused because interviewer didn't understand him, he clarified it by saying they met daily when they lived in Fermoy.
He did state in the Indo piece that he was doing all these (surplus) broadcasts because he hoped to jog someone's memory.

He has stated that he has mental problems so it's unfair to hold him to the same standards as somebody with a healthy mind.

I personally find his interviews completely useless- I do not perceive the world with his eyes..

His constant repetition could be due to schooling he has received or his mind is just stuck on certain topics which he has decided must be true. He does not appear to notice he is even supposed to be answering a question, much less responding to it..

The questions are being put to him.. they are questions about himself, his coping mechanisms, and his thoughts and feelings..

The interviews are all about him.. because that's what the interviewers are concentrating on..him. just him..

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...wife-s-friend-s-number-not-on-phone-1.3424582

Informed Garda sources played down media reports that a number of “items of interest” had been found on Monday. One source said they very much doubted whether the items – believed to be clothing – would advance their investigation in any significant way after they were forensically analysed.

Pushed on whether he thought it was strange that his wife would not have her best friend’s phone number saved on her phone, Mr Satchwell said that the two friends met up almost daily when the Satchwells lived in Fermoy so there was no need for Ms Satchwell to ring her friend.
“I don’t have her number [the unnamed best friend] they never used to ring, they used to meet practically daily – the same place, same time – her best friend was [from] outside Fermoy it’s the way they were – they used to meet when Tina used to swim and they became very close.

Mr Satchwell also confirmed that his wife had hit in a temper on occasion but he stressed that it was “a flash temper” and was never intended and moments later his wife would be crying and apologising to him. He said he never struck her back in retaliation.

"Mr Satchwell said that during the Christmas before her disappearance, Tina had learned off by heart her UK National Insurance Number and her PPS number.

He said: “In hindsight you can turn around and say she was preparing for a departure.”

I just can't.

Re the statement by RS that Tina had gone round the car boot sale telling people how much she loved him and would never hurt him

Have any of these people actually spoken directly about this ? or is this just information that RS has stated ?

Re Tina not having her best friend's phone number saved.

Does this mean that she and her friend never, ever phoned each other ? because if they did, the number would be stored anyway.

Re Tina not having her best friend's phone number saved.

Does this mean that she and her friend never, ever phoned each other ? because if they did, the number would be stored anyway.
I don't believe it. What if one was sick, or something came up?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, from experience on this site and following crimes all over, how often is the spouse/ mate/ ex not involved in the killing. You didn't have to go looking up stats. Just an educated guess.

The report of the friend never having her phone number is odd. Richard Satchwell says he met up with the friend and that she said she 'thinks' Tina went to the UK. We have nothing but the husbands word that this conversation took place. Sounds like it's scene setting (or diversion, maybe a better term?)

Saying his wife never had her phone number could sound like an attempt at explaining why this 'friend' is not traceable. Obviously the police will be looking into any friends and acquaintance and may know more.

A woman who loved her dogs and treated them like her children, just abruptly leaving them and all her personal possessions is also pretty unbelievable in my opinion.

Neil Prenderville interview with RS on Cork Radio RedFM yesterday. This is a most bizarre case. Some strange story about 2012 that he won't tell, garda did not, according to him, look at the car when she disappeared. [video=youtube;tPqmOJdJHKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPqmOJdJHKo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

General lack of urgency

He served time in prison for social welfare fraud and after his release, she went missing. I'm not buying his fake tears in the last bit.

I don't believe it. What if one was sick, or something came up?

Tina spent a considerable time learning things like her UK social security number according to interview yesterday.
I wouldn't have numbers of people I contact frequently on my phone..

AAlso, no evidence exists suggesting she had only a single phone.. she may have had a few..

looks like bad news for the investigation, sadly

However, as the inquiry progressed, sources said hopes of finding Tina faded so much so the cadaver dog returned to its UK base a few days ago.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2303620/...gnificant-clues-to-solving-her-disappearance/

Gardai are also examining other information received from the public including the significance of tip-offs regarding nearby lakes and rivers in east Cork.

Now, the cadaver dog from the UK was especially trained in underwater detection.. he has gone home.
Looks very like the search will end on Friday.

What a terrible shame..

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...well-travelled-to-uk-say-police-36703938.html

"No signs that missing Tina Satchwell travelled to UK - say police

UK POLICE have found no trace of missing Tina Satchwell at any location she previously resided at in the country, or on CCTV security camera footage from any port or airport.

The revelation came as Ms Satchwell’s husband, Richard, again repeated the belief that his missing wife could have travelled to the UK and be living there.........

......Mr Satchwell, an English-born truck driver, said Ms Satchwell’s best friend is now convinced his wife is living in the UK – and may have had help with her disappearance.
Ms Satchwell, who did not have a passport, previously lived in the UK and has acquaintances there. Mr Satchwell also said his wife had been trying to memorise UK social security data in the months before her disappearance.

Garda sources have said they have absolutely nothing to indicate Ms Satchwell may have travelled to the UK.

CCTV footage from all Irish ports and airports was checked and no one matching Ms Satchwell’s description was found. UK police have also checked for any trace of Ms Satchwell in areas previously known to her in England. All such reviews have yielded nothing.
“There is nothing so far to indicate what happened to Tina or where she went. There is certainly absolutely nothing to indicate she travelled to the UK,” a Garda source said. "

Why would she want to memorise social security numbers when she could just have written them down. Also if she was planning to run off, why alert the husband to the plan by involving him in bits of it?
Again, to me this sounds like staging. The husband repeats the friend 'thinks' she went to the UK, the husband says she memorised S.S. numbers possibly to give the impression she planned to go away. All the while, this is at odds with her leaving her dogs and phone etc. The money again, we only have the husbands word it was taken.
Then not exactly a surprise - there is no sign of her in the UK. If she was planning to run away to the UK and use those S.S. numbers she would be traceable. She didn't have a passport so she would have no ID for a flight, which only leaves the ferries as a mode of transport and security footage has been checked. 'certainly absolutely nothing to indicate she travelled to the UK'

Tina spent a considerable time learning things like her UK social security number according to interview yesterday.
I wouldn't have numbers of people I contact frequently on my phone..

AAlso, no evidence exists suggesting she had only a single phone.. she may have had a few..
There are numbers that I know by heart, but still have saved in my phone. It's one click dialing. Everyone I know keeps all contacts in their phone regardless. Maybe it's because I live in the U.S?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...well-travelled-to-uk-say-police-36703938.html

"No signs that missing Tina Satchwell travelled to UK - say police

UK POLICE have found no trace of missing Tina Satchwell at any location she previously resided at in the country, or on CCTV security camera footage from any port or airport.

The revelation came as Ms Satchwell’s husband, Richard, again repeated the belief that his missing wife could have travelled to the UK and be living there.........

......Mr Satchwell, an English-born truck driver, said Ms Satchwell’s best friend is now convinced his wife is living in the UK – and may have had help with her disappearance.
Ms Satchwell, who did not have a passport, previously lived in the UK and has acquaintances there. Mr Satchwell also said his wife had been trying to memorise UK social security data in the months before her disappearance.

Garda sources have said they have absolutely nothing to indicate Ms Satchwell may have travelled to the UK.

CCTV footage from all Irish ports and airports was checked and no one matching Ms Satchwell’s description was found. UK police have also checked for any trace of Ms Satchwell in areas previously known to her in England. All such reviews have yielded nothing.
“There is nothing so far to indicate what happened to Tina or where she went. There is certainly absolutely nothing to indicate she travelled to the UK,” a Garda source said. "

Why would she want to memorise social security numbers when she could just have written them down. Also if she was planning to run off, why alert the husband to the plan by involving him in bits of it?
Again, to me this sounds like staging. The husband repeats the friend 'thinks' she went to the UK, the husband says she memorised S.S. numbers possibly to give the impression she planned to go away. All the while, this is at odds with her leaving her dogs and phone etc. The money again, we only have the husbands word it was taken.
Then not exactly a surprise - there is no sign of her in the UK. If she was planning to run away to the UK and use those S.S. numbers she would be traceable. She didn't have a passport so she would have no ID for a flight, which only leaves the ferries as a mode of transport and security footage has been checked. 'certainly absolutely nothing to indicate she travelled to the UK'

Completely agree. Why would you need to memorise and why would you be using these numbers if you were planning to run away and did not want to be found.

Plus - all these quotes from the people at the car boot and from the best friend. This is all coming from RS, I have not seen any interviews with / comments from these friends, backing up what RS is saying.
Likewise the comment RS made about ask anyone who knows us and they will tell you what a happy couple we are ( am paraphrasing here ). Why have reporters not spoken with any of these friends ? it's what journos usually do.

Just out of curiosity, from experience on this site and following crimes all over, how often is the spouse/ mate/ ex not involved in the killing. You didn't have to go looking up stats. Just an educated guess.

I don't follow a huge amount of cases, so am possibly not the best person to answer this one...but I would say, at a rough guess, about 90% plus it is the husband/wife/partner or a family member in cases I have followed.

There are numbers that I know by heart, but still have saved in my phone. It's one click dialing. Everyone I know keeps all contacts in their phone regardless. Maybe it's because I live in the U.S?

I think it's perfectly normal. I can tell you off the top of my head, my NI number, my bank account numbers, my passwords to various sites etc etc..... but I still have everything logged elsewhere, just in case.

And, particularly with phone numbers, you would surely have your best mate's number in your phone, even if only for emergencies. Plus, as I said on an earlier post, I find it hard to believe that Tina never, ever made a single call or text to her very best friend over the years, in which case the number would auto store in her phone anyway.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back