IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrt to the Internet/phone angle, yes I do believe we know FBI's investigating powers and I don't believe the girls were secretly planning to meet anyone or could have outwitted or kept it from the FBI.
:cow:

Yes we know the investigative powers of the FBI, but we don’t know what angles they are investigating. The girls didn’t need to outwit the FBI, but they quite plausibly could have outwitted they’re loved ones with a simple omission of why they were going to the bridge. This wouldn’t make them bad kids in any way. IMO

Yes we know the investigative powers of the FBI, but we don’t know what angles they are investigating. The girls didn’t need to outwit the FBI, but they quite plausibly could have outwitted they’re loved ones with a simple omission of why they were going to the bridge. This wouldn’t make them bad kids in any way. IMO

[FONT=&quot]I agree they were not bad kids just teenagers who are by nature very curious about everything. I am sure they were very careful in giving out personal information to any random person. But what if this person posed himself to be someone the girls knew and pretended to be the brother/uncle/ cousin of one of their school friends. In a small town where people know each other, he may have provided some general information that made them think he is a legit guy and not some dangerous stranger. He may have built up their curiosity enough that they decided to meet or be at a place he was going to hang out on that particular day.[/FONT]

About the being up all night long bit. I wonder if either MP or BP told them to get to bed during the day why let them go roam around in the woods? When or how did BP find out they had been up all night also? They'd be very tired you would think. JMO
IMO, this new information should make us see how little we really do know.
Why in the beginning, when MP was on video talking about the phone pinging,
didnt he say they were concerned because the girls didn't get a lot of sleep the night before? Kelsi knew-I'm sure they knew too. Why didn't Leazenby take their missing more serious? They already had the snapchat pic. 2 sleep deprived 14 year olds on a rickety dangerous bridge? BP said the girls were helping her with filing and suddenly asked if they could go to the bridge. Wasn't the story KG was leaving and if DG would pick them up it was ok? Now we learn KG knew at 11AM. The girls would've known long before they left KG couldn't pick them up. When did DG leave to run those errands anyway? Why were we led to believe this was a last minute trip? This was a ten minute drive,
why suddenly so complicated?

[FONT=&quot]I agree they were not bad kids just teenagers who are by nature very curious about everything. I am sure they were very careful in giving out personal information to any random person. But what if this person posed himself to be someone the girls knew and pretended to be the brother/uncle/ cousin of one of their school friends. In a small town where people know each other, he may have provided some general information that made them think he is a legit guy and not some dangerous stranger. He may have built up their curiosity enough that they decided to meet or be at a place he was going to hang out on that particular day.[/FONT]

Right. I don’t think it’s such a reach to think it’s possible. It’s happened before, it’ll happen again, if it happened here, I don’t know, but it’s certainly possible. I’m sure that parents who have lost children to online predators, never would have thought their child would fall victim to it. IMO

In no way can children truly understand the dangers of the internet.

A large percentage of parents right now did not grow up with the complexities of cell phones, social media, etc... so parents are learning as they go as well.

I spot check both of my sons phones and found some things on both that I wasn't thrilled about and had to have the talk, again, about how nothing goes away and don't write or do anything you would be embarrassed for your sweet grandmother to see.
BIC, I agree with you. I think most parents would be surprised on what their kids are actually readily gaining access to.

I feel like this new info that was said by KG and BP is more “afterthoughts”. We all go back in time and replay a moment or situation that was before hand- if an incident effects us negatively or most def traumatically in this case, you replay things in your mind that could have lead up to the result of what happened. I think these new afterthoughts are getting brought up now after a lot of sleepless nights or restless days thinking what could have happened or changed the situation for Abby and Libby. They are trying to jog a memory or an instance and bend it a bit to help come up with a good(not
A great word for this) explanation ... to help them find BG and find some peace. Just innocent afterthoughts they are just remembering after a year of hell- they could just be thinking of things to make something add up in this situation -IMO

None of us know everything MP said the night the girls went missing. To think they would be concerned due to sleep deprivation is conjecture. Not one family member has made that comment. Never that I am aware of in any interview. "Up all night" is vague. The girls could have gone to sleep at 5am and been up at 10am and still gotten a good 5 hours.

The family has never--not once--complained about Leazenby's actions or that LE did not do the right thing that first night. Calling off the search has been discussed so much I will leave it at that.

And no, the story wasn't if DG would pick them up it was ok. The correct quote would be that the girls were told they could go if they could get a ride home. Even KG said that in the speech.

I really don't see anything nefarious going on here. Last minute doesn't have to mean to the second. It could mean they hadn't planned on doing it until they spoke with KG at 11am. KG had plans to see a friend before work. Maybe her friend wouldn't be home until a certain time that's why she planned the apx 1:30 drop off.

KG's speech was lovely and inspiring. Its purpose wasn't to give a minute by minute timeline. I'd hate to see the message lost by focusing on words spoken in generality.

None of us know everything MP said the night the girls went missing. To think they would be concerned due to sleep deprivation is conjecture. Not one family member has made that comment. Never that I am aware of in any interview. "Up all night" is vague. The girls could have gone to sleep at 5am and been up at 10am and still gotten a good 5 hours.

The family has never--not once--complained about Leazenby's actions or that LE did not do the right thing that first night. Calling off the search has been discussed so much I will leave it at that.

And no, the story wasn't if DG would pick them up it was ok. The correct quote would be that the girls were told they could go if they could get a ride home. Even KG said that in the speech.

I really don't see anything nefarious going on here. Last minute doesn't have to mean to the second. It could mean they hadn't planned on doing it until they spoke with KG at 11am. KG had plans to see a friend before work. Maybe her friend wouldn't be home until a certain time that's why she planned the apx 1:30 drop off.

KG's speech was lovely and inspiring. Its purpose wasn't to give a minute by minute timeline. I'd hate to see the message lost by focusing on words spoken in generality.

Agreed. And so much of this probably wasn’t thought about all that much a year ago. Because it was so minor to everything that was horrendously going on around them. People don’t make a big deal of minor details of a story when they feel it has no meaning or significance! IMO

Many of our comments are conjecture, including yours. When two fourteen year old girls are brutally murdered, every tiny detail matters and any changes should be questioned. There have been no arrests in this case. IMO there's a huge difference between 2.5 hours and last minute. Small details solve cases.

Agreed. And so much of this probably wasn’t thought about all that much a year ago. Because it was so minor to everything that was horrendously going on around them. People don’t make a big deal of minor details of a story when they feel it has no meaning or significance! IMO

IMO it might later on. Sometimes in cases that aren't solved after this length of time it needs "new eyes" to go over every detail of the 1st investigation. Witness statements, times, alibis etc. Sometimes little details were missed/skipped over in the 1st investigation for some reason. JMO
I watch a lot of True Crime show on Youtube and a lot of them are very insightful. The Killer or Killers usually in the majority of cases DO get caught. Someone somewhere will come forward when the time is right I believe, a clue will be given. Dots will be connected sooner rather than later I'm hoping :)

IMO it might later on. Sometimes in cases that aren't solved after this length of time it needs "new eyes" to go over every detail of the 1st investigation. Witness statements, times, alibis etc. Sometimes little details were missed/skipped over in the 1st investigation for some reason. JMO
I watch a lot of True Crime show on Youtube and a lot of them are very insightful. The Killer or Killers usually in the majority of cases DO get caught. Someone somewhere will come forward when the time is right I believe, a clue will be given. Dots will be connected sooner rather than later I'm hoping :)

I hope it's sooner rather than later. I've followed too many cases where the dots have been connected after the perp is already dead, too late for justice.

Many of our comments are conjecture, including yours. When two fourteen year old girls are brutally murdered, every tiny detail matters and any changes should be questioned. There have been no arrests in this case. IMO there's a huge difference between 2.5 hours and last minute. Small details solve cases.

Maybe it was just a poor choice of words when you said “why were we led to believe” because that implies that BP was trying to steer one away from the correct time since she is the one who gave the timeline. It also implies you have the right to know.

I stand corrected if they were merely thoughts.

I’m erring on the side of caution that it’s been a year and KG states she has spoken to LE, FBI, etc. I haven’t seen a breaking news alert about new clues discovered from her speech.

It was a speech written and spoken from the heart of a young woman who has endured her share of hell. It took a lot of courage to get up there and speak of her emotions. It’s sad to me that we can’t just leave it at that.

There are plenty of other ‘small details’ that one can sleuth without making more out of her words than are really there. From what I’ve read about BP and what the family has been through I think she would be unhappy that people are focusing on that 11:00 reference instead of the message her speech was meant to relay.

MOO and last word on this.

Many cases are solved on the smallest of details. That is why dectectives repeatedly urge recall of every minute detail in the hours leading up to a crime.

2 1/2 hours would have been a much greater opportunity for someone to find out they would be hiking the trail, MOO.

Maybe it was just a poor choice of words when you said “why were we led to believe” because that implies that BP was trying to steer one away from the correct time since she is the one who gave the timeline. It also implies you have the right to know.

I stand corrected if they were merely thoughts.

I’m erring on the side of caution that it’s been a year and KG states she has spoken to LE, FBI, etc. I haven’t seen a breaking news alert about new clues discovered from her speech.

It was a speech written and spoken from the heart of a young woman who has endured her share of hell. It took a lot of courage to get up there and speak of her emotions. It’s sad to me that we can’t just leave it at that.

There are plenty of other ‘small details’ that one can sleuth without making more out of her words than are really there. From what I’ve read about BP and what the family has been through I think she would be unhappy that people are focusing on that 11:00 reference instead of the message her speech was meant to relay.

MOO and last word on this.

I haven't had a chance to listen yet. What message do you think her speech was meant to portray?

I wonder if, before the girls got DG to agree to give them a ride home, they had reached out to anyone ELSE asking for a ride? If they had, this may have lead to a peripheral person learning they were going to the bridge, and when they would be there, yada yada. Might have piqued an unsavory character's interest to know they would be alone there sans chaperone and sans transportation for an interim period of time. Just speculating ...

I wonder if, before the girls got DG to agree to give them a ride home, they had reached out to anyone ELSE asking for a ride? If they had, this may have lead to a peripheral person learning they were going to the bridge, and when they would be there, yada yada. Might have piqued an unsavory character's interest to know they would be alone there sans chaperone and sans transportation for an interim period of time. Just speculating ...

Good point. Also, could DG been in a public place when they called about getting a ride? It is always possible that someone overheard the conversation, leading to someone gaining knowledge that they would be alone, along with place and timeframe.

Good point. Also, could DG been in a public place when they called about getting a ride? It is always possible that someone overheard the conversation, leading to someone gaining knowledge that they would be alone, along with place and timeframe.

I think this is a good avenue to look into.

Ember, most definitely. That's been a question many had from the beginning. Same as did anyone overhear DG's call.

Did I read that the investigation team went to Kentucky early on in the investigation? Or is it my imagination?
If so, why and where in Kentucky? Thanks in advance...

I thought MP was going to collect them but couldn't get off work so called DG. I didn't think the girls called DG. Wasn't that the situation?
I have to say right from the start with the secrecy of who dropped them off and who picked them up, it has been a moving target. At one time it was said the same family member was picking them up as dropped them off before it was eventually stated who dropped them off. And then the fact DG went to collect them was finally mentioned by GH IIRC. Many people could have known or overheard the girls were there as well as the SC photos being shared.

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member