Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rose! Can't wait for Buckskin Girl and Lyle.

You and me both. I don't keep public trees on GEDmatch or Genesis, I told them that if they see my email next to a match that I'd be happy to give them what they need.

This is such an exciting time... New Canadian dna database and now Lyle and BG sequencing... So hopeful we will have a year of answers and closures and possibly justice served in some cases...

Wanted to note that cbc reported on a story about the Sixties Scoop where indigenous children were taken from their families and placed with non-indigenous families, sometimes in the USA and abroad.

www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4554813

I wonder where he took those. She might have a regional phenotypical look that we can narrow down...
Okay I think I may have found the place. The office roofline is different but may have just been changed, but the motel rooms in the background look the same as well as the circular driveway.

I zoomed into the photo and saw the address on the door read 3130. This motel, which is still standing, came up when I googled 3130 Yellowstone... Yellowstone is the old highway which goes through Pocatello up to Idaho Falls, which is where I found the one I found. The Google address says a slightly different address but I've seen that on Google before.

If you Google 3130 Yellowstone that's what pops up. It was formerly known as the Evergreen Gables.
b5b733febf1ceedc2f95a593c93e339c.jpg

Hello, everyone. I very seldom post, mostly read, however, as I was doing some internet research, I found a buckskin jacket for sale online that is almost identical to the one that BG had on. Not sure if it's relevant info or not, or if the photo is worth posting..Just thought it was interesting that it was almost the same right down to the stitching..I will post the photo, if anyone is interested..

Hello, everyone. I very seldom post, mostly read, however, as I was doing some internet research, I found a buckskin jacket for sale online that is almost identical to the one that BG had on. Not sure if it's relevant info or not, or if the photo is worth posting..Just thought it was interesting that it was almost the same right down to the stitching..I will post the photo, if anyone is interested..

Sure, go ahead and post it!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• il_570xN.653246347_506b.jpg
    il_570xN.653246347_506b.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 380
  • 800px-Photorealistic_reconstruction_of_Buckskin_girl_.jpg
    800px-Photorealistic_reconstruction_of_Buckskin_girl_.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 385
Oh lol @myself... I didn't realize the photo I referred to in my post earlier today was from a conversation a long time ago!

The website where I found this jacket, said that it was a men's vintage 1960's, selling for $950. Not sure if it's handmade or not. I would assume it was, and there was only one for sell..

I wonder if the seller is also the person who made it, or connected to that person in some way, and if so how many others like it they made. If handmade there surely aren't/weren't that many.

LE might want to know about this item for sale.

Hi, Jane, thanks for your response. To answer your question, the seller was selling many other vintage/antique items, so I don't believe he/she made the jacket..I could be wrong,though. It looks to be handmade, so I wouldn't think there were that many made, and esp. for the asking price($950)..

Do you think the LE would want to know about this?

Hi, Jane, thanks for your response. To answer your question, the seller was selling many other vintage/antique items, so I don't believe he/she made the jacket..I could be wrong,though. It looks to be handmade, so I wouldn't think there were that many made, and esp. for the asking price($950)..

Do you think the LE would want to know about this?

Definitely. If very few of these jackets were made, there may be a way to trace the buyers.

Definitely. If very few of these jackets were made, there may be a way to trace the buyers.

That's what I was thinking – especially if the maker could be identified. It's a very distinctive garment, even though both fringe and suede/buckskin were very popular fashion statements at the time, and comparatively few would have been hand-sewn with such recognizable detail. The maker may even have had a list of customers who ordered/purchased their handmade products, although the passage of 40-50 years makes it iffy that they'd still be in business or that such records would survive. But stranger things have happened, and this could be a very helpful lead.

That's what I was thinking – especially if the maker could be identified. It's a very distinctive garment, even though both fringe and suede/buckskin were very popular fashion statements at the time, and comparatively few would have been hand-sewn with such recognizable detail. The maker may even have had a list of customers who ordered/purchased their handmade products, although the passage of 40-50 years makes it iffy that they'd still be in business or that such records would survive. But stranger things have happened, and this could be a very helpful lead.

Found the jacket you’re talking about on Etsy. Looks like the seller specializes in selling vintage western style clothing & accessories. Doesn’t mention the maker or that it’s handmade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a look at that label if there is one! I always wondered if it was a pattern or kit from Tandy.

See my WS thread Have you done your DNA for genealogy? for instructions on how to upload to the free databases they're using. They're uploading to GEDmatch and GEDmatch Genesis. We won't see their cases, they're research only so we can't find them.

BG and Lyle should be uploading within the next week or two.
I went to their website, and things are definitely going to pick up. We are on the brink of solving some cases in days instead of years. I uploaded my Ancestry dna raw data for their use. If I read their site correctly, Lyle possibly had Mexican and Native American dna, and they had found a possible distant relative. For Lyle and Buckskin Girl, it is now only a matter of time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07