Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the documentary. I'll agree that it's a form of brainwashing/Stockholm Syndrome for both but I still think it's different and the two shouldn't be compared. Comparing is what leads people to the (false) impression that A is in less danger than someone in a situation like ES was in. Because people figure since A went willingly she is culpable for her actions. Because Esterly has known her since she was 7 and supposedly treated her like a daughter people want to believe he is being kind to her and won't harm her. But the harm he has already done will take years of therapy for her to overcome (if she comes back alive). And at some point he may decide to get rid of A because she is a key piece of evidence against him. She is in great danger and she may not even know it. JMHO.

*Sorry if I'm touchy about this subject but some of the victim-blaming comments I have read on social media on this case are disgusting.

I agree that she is not in any less danger. Even Cummins and MCET were in a place called Slab City where he kept a gun. went on a test ride in the bay on a kayak. We have no idea what this guy has exposed her to. No one is blaming her, only explaining the extent of the control over her.

I just saw this, and please excuse if a repeat, I'm just getting online today :)

Missing girl, 16, may have flown to Cancun with 45-year-old man: Police

Saturday, March 17, 2018 08:09AM
A missing 16-year-old girl from Pennsylvania is believed to have flown to Cancun, Mexico, with a 45-year-old man around the time her mother was reporting her missing, police said.
[...]
Two days later, police received information indicating that the night of March 5 Y and Esterly took one-way flights from the Philadelphia International airport to Cancun, connecting through the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, police said.
http://abc11.com/news/missing-girl-16-may-have-flown-to-cancun-with-45-year-old-man-police/3222819/

Exactly! But there's no doubt in my mind she is being made to feel like she will be in big trouble if she goes home. I wish we could somehow get word to her she is not in any trouble and Esterly is LYING to her if he tells her that. Just in case she is reading here I'll speak to her directly--

Amy, go home and your life will go on-- you CAN overcome this. Your family loves you and misses you and they want you home. You are not in trouble with the law. But the longer you are gone the more danger you are in. Please don't listen to that man. He is not showing you real, genuine love. He is using you A and you deserve so much more than that.

Yes IMO he has all the money and is saying she will be charged if she tries to run. That's his control element.
I am not suggesting on this board she should be charged,

Good lord, did this man attend the Woody Allen School of Inappropriate Behavior or what? Sickening.

I did not know this before I read the news article:

Kevin Esterly ended up getting an apartment in downtown Allentown near Amy's home. Earlier this year, Stacey began looking into divorce.

Waldron says Kevin kept spending time with A, so much so, that he lost his job.
http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-val...band-about-relationship-with-amy-yu/717413286

He's acting like a horny 15 y/o boy who lives beside a 30 y/o gorgeous model. It's okay for a 15 y/o boy to try to make friends with and talk to the model next door, as long as he doesn't get "weird," but this idiot Esterly is spending his family's money on his own love-nest apt and he loses his job probably because he's there all the time with his "step-daughter." Grrrr.

Now what are his wife and daughters gonna do without his income? What a selfish, perverted azz. Prison for a lo-o-o-ong time, for him, I say.

And A may never get over this - and coming home to face her mother and brother, and to go back to school with everyone knowing at least partly what she did?? That's gonna be a very dangerous time for her and her family. Therapy, and lots of it. SMH. Her poor mom.

I wonder if A is homesick, or sick of him, yet? It'll happen, IMO, sooner or later.

This thing is just awful.
icon8.png

It's so sick isn't it? All this pics of AY on his FB page. Under the guise of him being her "father" - ugh just gross. Feel so bad for his real daughters and wife.

I agree she can't comprehend a life without him, but when she starts acting as all children do - it will come to annoy him - like why do I have to keep explaining why we can't go back home? And the romantic notion of it for him will begin to wear off, and then who knows what he will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, to all of that. Further, I can't see them staying in Cancun for too long -- not only will the news of the "missing 16 y/o girl with a 35 y/o man," with pics of both, get worrisome for them, it can't be cheap to live and eat, etc., in Cancun. Are they just gonna stay in the hotel room day & night so they won't be seen? How much fun can TV be when it's in Spanish? (No kidding here -- surely they have to rest up for a few minutes every now & again...)

She's 16 -- she would probably like to go shopping or go out to eat or to the beach.

I just hope the kidnapper doesn't get kidnapped in Mexico. Its really not safe out there. And they will have to leave the nice section soon enough.

Wouldn't a cruise ship from Mexico to the Bahamas or some other place be the safest way to travel to another country or island?

I used a number of cruise search engines and it appears that all of the cruises out of Cancun/Cozumel area only go to other Mexican ports, or back to the US. There are no cruises to the Bahamas or countries other than the US from there.

I used a number of cruise search engines and it appears that all of the cruises out of Cancun/Cozumel area only go to other Mexican ports, or back to the US. There are no cruises to the Bahamas or countries other than the US from there.

What about Cuba?

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/03/missing_girl_was_taken_in_by_f.html

"A's been known to the family for like eight years," Waldron reportedly told the news station. "They've gone on vacations, they've gone to the shore, amusement parks, but the situation with Kevin kind of has gotten more serious over the last eight months."

8 months...this bothers me - I'm sure her Mum was trying to do everything she could to protect her daughter (she sounds like a very loving and caring Mum) - but there were multiple people in A's life, from reports, that were aware something was hinky, and getting worse. I know there were discussions, order, demands to stop. But this should be a learning opportunity for parents - never expect a young developing brain to be able to make the right decisions for herself when there is a predator in her midst. IMO this has been so exciting to A - the attention from him, the mix of her developing and exploring her sexuality (even if there hasn't been sexual contact). I don't know what the answer would have been in this situation, but clearly enough wasn't done to keep these two apart.

Please don't read the above as in any way victim blaming, I'm more talking about prevention and understanding how this horrible scenario can help guide future actions, laws, whatever. And I know many will say but if they wanted to be together they would have been regardless. I just don't like to accept that a situation is always helpless. There were pieces of a puzzle around A, multiple adults who knew different aspects of what was going on (i.e. in his marriage, the school, her Mum, her brother, maybe her friends, the police) - but it just didn't all come together to protect her and now she is going to have trauma that will no doubt impact on her self-concept for life.

Or worse yet, Romeo who just celebrated his 18th birthday with 17 year old 11 month Juliet. Then when Romeo gets out of jail for it, they get married. But they have to live on welfare, because Romeo can't get a job, because he is a registered sex offender. It happens all the time.

I know this will be unpopular, but I think the age is way too high now. It's just not based on reality.

I get what you are saying but the unfortunate thing is that although society's standards may justify lowering the age, you can't deny brain development and the maturing brain - these impact greatly on a child's cognitive and emotional capacity. Problem is, it's individual, and there's no switch that clicks over at a particular age for all children that says..yep, now they can make these decisions adequately.

This situation is going to really mess up his own kids.
I mean lots of kids think the parents divorce is their fault... this is a whole new level.
At least with simple divorce Dad is still around generally and didn't vanish.

Having a Dad in prison isn't the part that will mess up his kids.
The part that will mess them up is that he chose A over them.
That they weren't good enough for him, he didn't love them enough to stay around.
Or they failed, or A was better, or if they had just spent more time with him.... etc.
It's going to take a lot of time and therapy for them to sort this crap out. So unfair.

Yes, A will stay with them for a long time, and they will assume that they are/were somehow less than they should have been or weren't loving enuff, or Mom did something wrong, etc. They may blame it on A -- what does she have that I don't, etc., etc.Your descriptions were so true and so dire for all of them.

But having a dad in prison, for children old enuff to understand that daddy just isn't "away working" or "away at college," or "in the armed services," etc., is very difficult, too -- the other kids at school/church/scouts/neighborhood pool, etc., know where the dad is, too. SMH -- just imagine the whispers, and snickers, and a few meanies might ask, "How's your dad doing?" or worse. And his kids have to go back to school every day. Horrible. And they didn't do one darn thing to deserve any of it. What a selfish, predatory, disgusting human being.

Short rant... I'm disgusted by the Pennsylvania age of consent being 16. The supreme court abolished capital punishment for juveniles under 18 in 2005 and in 2012 banned mandatory LWOP for juveniles under 18 without taking into consideration the unique circumstances of each case. Currently in PA there have been about 116 old cases where juveniles were resentenced and about 58 juveniles have been released.

Yet, PA seems to think it's okay for a 16-year old to have sex with an adult. Esterly could have and should have been thrown in jail from the get go. The law needs to protect minors, not just from spending years in jail but also from predators like Esterly.

Rant over.

Not exactly -- In PA, a 16 or 17 y/o can consent if having sex with another 16 or 17 y/o. If the 16/17 y/o has sex with someone older than 17, the age of consent is 18 y/o.
Here it is:

What is the Pennsylvania Age of Consent?
The Pennsylvania Age of Consent is 16 years old. In the United States, the age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity. Individuals aged 15 or younger in Pennsylvania are not legally able to consent to sexual activity, and such activity may result in prosecution for statutory rape.
Pennsylvania statutory rape law is violated the de-facto age of consent law in Pennsylvania is actually 18 (due to Pennsylvania's corruption of minors statute). This creates an interesting dynamic, as the laws allow teens aged 17 and 16 to consent to each other, but not to anyone 18 or older. Teens between 13 and 15 may or may not be able to consent to a partner less than 4 years older, because while they might not be affected by the statutory rape laws, they could be prosecuted under other offenses.
https://www.ageofconsent.net/states/pennsylvania

my bbm

That's a weird one, but our Husband Wonderful, if prosecuted by PA, could be charged with statutory rape, the way I read it.

Hi, Marple!!

• :happydance:

FOUND: Missing Teen, 45-Year-Old Located in Mexico

A 45-year-old man and a 16-year-old girl who have been missing from the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania have been located in Mexico, and are expected to be returned to the United States, the U.S. Marshall's Office in Miami confirmed to NBC10.
Both are in good health, the law enforcement source said.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...-45-Year-Old-Located-in-Mexico-477186173.html

YAY! I am so glad that AY is SAFE!

:happydance::guitar::skip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members