Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree- the only thing I wonder about in Hill St is the perp terrified the victim by screaming obscenities and death threats at her. In KK, the victim would have been terrified because I understand the perp didn't say a word. Any thoughts?

If the accused is the CSK I think he's the "strong SILENT type" JMO. The creeping around quietly watching/waiting started very early on, the need to not be seen or heard. I think perhaps the shouting obscenities and death threats isn't really his "style", but who knows he may have just lost it for a few seconds with that particular victim because she wasn't under his "control" early enough in the attack? So many women attacked, missing, murdered, and many of these cases may never be solved. Who knows how many of these predators were operating at the same time as the CSK, all with different MOs, but the same agenda - power and sexual gratification. Monsters!

re: FBI profiler making early link between alleged KK rape and alleged JR-CG murders.

From this link we can possibly assume there are similarities between these 3 crimes. And since we know more about KK MO, then we could extrapolate knowledge of KK MO to JR and CG crimes.

Therefore we could postulate that JR and CG were:
-abducted by blitz attack
-while walking alongside road
-in Claremont streets close to entertainment district
-using a commercial vehicle or van
-getting thrown into back of vehicle
-with hood or something similar over their head
-(maybe gagged for silence during longer drive)
-tied up with telephone wire or clothing line (?version)
-transported to some remote place (possibly the d-sites)
-violently beaten while alive
-sexually assaulted/raped in 'various ways'
-(and then murdered where he raped them)
-'left for dead' but this time the accused made sure they were properly dead
-but didn't bother to conceal the bodies

Did I miss anything?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

I forgot to add:
-the accused STOLE the victims' clothing
-victims were left nude or partially clothed

And HD crime: I wonder if kimono belonged to another victim, one that never came forward or never reported an attack to police?????

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.

I'm still considering the Cottesloe abduction-Lakeway Drive-In assault as another possible CSK crime.

And yes I agree, Hill St and KT are still on the table for consideration as alleged CSK crimes too.

I was thinking of that one too but couldn't remember the locations involved.
I agree- the only thing I wonder about in Hill St is the perp terrified the victim by screaming obscenities and death threats at her. In KK, the victim would have been terrified because I understand the perp didn't say a word. Any thoughts?
Well thought out. Would explain better than what I could think up as to why this one ended up any different too, if it's connected to the same perpetrator.
If the accused is the CSK I think he's the "strong SILENT type" JMO. The creeping around quietly watching/waiting started very early on, the need to not be seen or heard. I think perhaps the shouting obscenities and death threats isn't really his "style", but who knows he may have just lost it for a few seconds with that particular victim because she wasn't under his "control" early enough in the attack? So many women attacked, missing, murdered, and many of these cases may never be solved. Who knows how many of these predators were operating at the same time as the CSK, all with different MOs, but the same agenda - power and sexual gratification. Monsters!
Aequitas answered better than I could.
Really well thought out post Petedavo (as always). All those connections to places of the past for the accused. Like joining dots on a map. Do you perhaps have a giant map and photos with post it notes underneath on your wall at home, or are you mind-mapping? Very impressive sleuthing!
The pinboard is in my head. I think spatially and in pictures rather more than sounds and language, hence why my typing is bad as when I'm typing them I'm not noticing typos, grammatical errors and incorrect changes made by spellchecker, until they've posted. But I notice connections and patterns (of behaviour) by spatially analysing. But like all thinking it can get muddled and wrong ;)
EG I'm not sure how Lakeway and Karrakatta will fit the pattern I described in my post yet. They might yet prove to be locations connected to routes in the perpetrator line of work or private life somehow.
I hope that the court case can shed more light upon these cases and where Sarah is, if the court finds that the accused is guilty.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Her screams caused him to flee and police believe the stolen kimono was accidentally dropped by the man as he ran out of the home.

http://www.news.com.au/national/claremont-serial-killings-stolen-kimono-helped-lead-police-to-arrest/news-story/cdad7c5a6b825958b6d46cb11eb44c75

I think he could be considered as suspect in all unsolved sexually motivated attacks and disappearances/murders until he's been ruled out. That is to say "he couldn't have done it" - by way of solid alibi or forensic evidence he can be excluded. IMO.

I'm still considering the Cottesloe abduction-Lakeway Drive-In assault as another possible CSK crime.

And yes I agree, Hill St and KT are still on the table for consideration as alleged CSK crimes too.

Screaming had him fleeing in surprise at Huntingdale, there was also an attempted sexual assault (offender driving a white station wagon assume BRE) where the victim's screaming disrupted him and she managed to get away.

He probably thought a lot about that afterwards and changed his MO to deal with it. Most women would scream the whole neighbourhood awake, in a car not likely to be heard though if he turned the radio up.

Her screams caused him to flee and police believe the stolen kimono was accidentally dropped by the man as he ran out of the home.

http://www.news.com.au/national/claremont-serial-killings-stolen-kimono-helped-lead-police-to-arrest/news-story/cdad7c5a6b825958b6d46cb11eb44c75

Yesterday morning tactical response officers raided a property in suburban Kewdale. Neighbours say police arrested the man inside.

"I heard a real loud yell, and then it sounded like a scream. And I didn't think all that much about it."

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/major-breakthrough-in-claremont-serial-killer-cold-case

Who was screaming?

It is possible he knew the police may be coming for him and the screams of shock were from his housemate as he explained why , maybe he was told he was going to be reported
The raid with the tactical response group would have taken some time to organise , travel etc ... the local police would have been watching the place until their arrival if he had been reported

The tactical response squad do a fair bit of yelling I believe.

"Police police get on the floor!" And louder if the instruction isn't immediately followed.

And Bradley likely screamed in a higher pitched voice than is usual, in shock as his arms were bent back, a boot went down on the back of his head with some force (I just made that up because I like it) and he was cuffed.

Also, perhaps one of those cops was acually a woman.

Perfect scenario.

Yesterday morning tactical response officers raided a property in suburban Kewdale. Neighbours say police arrested the man inside.

"I heard a real loud yell, and then it sounded like a scream. And I didn't think all that much about it."

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/major-breakthrough-in-claremont-serial-killer-cold-case

Who was screaming?

The tactical response group do a fair bit of yelling I believe.

"Police police get on the floor!" And louder if the instruction isn't immediately followed.

And Bradley likely screamed in a higher pitched voice than is usual, in shock as his arms were bent back, a boot went down on the back of his head with some force (I just made that up because I like it) and he was cuffed.

Also, perhaps one of those cops was acually a woman.

Perfect scenario.

I read somewhere that screaming was heard from the house about an hour before the raid ... I thought it was this that was being referred to ... but maybe I am not recalling correctly

Quite a while ago I found an online profile of the Accused, BRE which apart from having a very nice photo of him and CG, showed that he had taken an online IQ test - his result was 139. Sorry I do not have link now.

BRE would therefore come into the top of below range (note 140 is genius or almost genius):

[FONT=&amp]120 - 139 : [/FONT][FONT=&amp]With an IQ of 120 to 139, it means you have very superior intelligence and your intelligence is better than most. A superior intelligence means that your intelligence is better than most people but not as high as those with an IQ of 140.

[/FONT]
http://www.brainmetrix.com/iq-scale/

If this test is correct BRE is therefore extremely smart, which would be one of the reasons, among others, that he alluded capture for so long.

JMO and subject to the Accused being responsible for the crimes he is charged with.

Hi Spinnaker - I do agree with you he is smart, I would image he would have to be relatively smart to have the job he has. But as I do not know him, I can't be sure and that is why i used the words 'not neccessarily overly smart, but smart enough "

Would police ignore a vehicle with Telstra plates, or someone with no criminal record who worked for Telstra?

Why do I have this feeling that Gugeri street and out under the subway onto Claremont Crescent, along Curtain Avenue was an escape route?

Claremont suburb boundary roads are, Loch street, Alfred road, Stirling road and Stirling highway.

Hi Spinnaker - I do agree with you he is smart, I would image he would have to be relatively smart to have the job he has. But as I do not know him, I can't be sure and that is why i used the words 'not neccessarily overly smart, but smart enough "

My dog could pass an online IQ Test I wouldn't give that much credit but he did pass year 12 and had to be technically adept to keep his job so it can be assumed he was 'smart enough'. And don't underestimate how the driving force of his dark side enhanced his ability to be so calculating,

My dog could pass an online IQ Test I wouldn't give that much credit but he did pass year 12 and had to be technically adept to keep his job so it can be assumed he was 'smart enough'. And don't underestimate how the driving force of his dark side enhanced his ability to be so calculating,

Janwa - your dog passed year twelve?🤣

I don’t think CSK is very clever. Just sneaky. Yes he passed year twelve but hardly a genius. Also he committed the murders when in his twenties. He may have had more drive and rampant hormones plus possible amphetamine use. Over the years since then he settled into a married life. He may well have killed others in his married life but probably slowed down due to age, health, possible mental health issues - who knows.

On the other hand we may have to keep an eye on your dog😂 MOO

Sorry Janwa couldn’t resist

Janwa - your dog passed year twelve?藍

I don’t think CSK is very clever. Just sneaky. Yes he passed year twelve but hardly a genius. Also he committed the murders when in his twenties. He may have had more drive and rampant hormones plus possible amphetamine use. Over the years since then he settled into a married life. He may well have killed others in his married life but probably slowed down due to age, health, possible mental health issues - who knows.

On the other hand we may have to keep an eye on your dog MOO

Sorry Janwa couldn’t resist

Touché

I was thinking of that one too but couldn't remember the locations involved.
Well thought out. Would explain better than what I could think up as to why this one ended up any different too, if it's connected to the same perpetrator.Aequitas answered better than I could.The pinboard is in my head. I think spatially and in pictures rather more than sounds and language, hence why my typing is bad as when I'm typing them I'm not noticing typos, grammatical errors and incorrect changes made by spellchecker, until they've posted. But I notice connections and patterns (of behaviour) by spatially analysing. But like all thinking it can get muddled and wrong ;)
EG I'm not sure how Lakeway and Karrakatta will fit the pattern I described in my post yet. They might yet prove to be locations connected to routes in the perpetrator line of work or private life somehow.
I hope that the court case can shed more light upon these cases and where Sarah is, if the court finds that the accused is guilty.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Oh to have a spatial memory and brain that works like that! Mine seems to be more space than spatial! Lakeway Drive-in, maybe very early family outings to the old "drives", curled up in the back of a van with a blanket and a packet of "Fantales" or "Jaffas". And Karrakatta, well if the accused is the CSK, there could have been trips to visit relatives graves, lots of that surname buried there? (But it is a very common name of course) JMO

Would police ignore a vehicle with Telstra plates, or someone with no criminal record who worked for Telstra?

Why do I have this feeling that Gugeri street and out under the subway onto Claremont Crescent, along Curtain Avenue was an escape route?

Claremont suburb boundary roads are, Loch street, Alfred road, Stirling road and Stirling highway.

Good question about police ignoring a Telstra vehicle or someone with no criminal record who worked for Telstra! I've never really thought about that before but KrissyJ now that you mention it I'm thinking back to that time, 1996/97 and Telstra was right up there with people who had some authority, government employees, could be trusted, HAD to have been screened to get the job, right? Hmmm... and remember too, there is video footage from that secret camera they installed during the CSK surveillance period, after Ciara was taken I think (help me out here sleuthers who know about this please), where they took all the licence plates of cars for hours. Could they just have initially ignored a Telstra vehicle going up and down Stirling Highway, or, as you say, ducking down under the subway? Sure they've been all over that footage for the past 15 years or so since!

Telecom/Telstra were a government department, not unlike police and fire brigade. There is multiple reasons the Perth Telecom building doesn't have windows.

People that worked in these government departments were considered of some integrity because they faced a level of scrutiny by the employer, such as work logs, security clearances especially when techs had to enter particular government departments to carry out work that would be considered confidential with particular security clearance.

I do wonder being a Telstra tech might have meant that without criminal record, police might have been a little dismissive of his involvement?

There was mention police were going back through number plates on cameras, although being government, it was probably a Telstra tech that did the installation?

Good question about police ignoring a Telstra vehicle or someone with no criminal record who worked for Telstra! I've never really thought about that before but KrissyJ now that you mention it I'm thinking back to that time, 1996/97 and Telstra was right up there with people who had some authority, government employees, could be trusted, HAD to have been screened to get the job, right? Hmmm... and remember too, there is video footage from that secret camera they installed during the CSK surveillance period, after Ciara was taken I think (help me out here sleuthers who know about this please), where they took all the licence plates of cars for hours. Could they just have initially ignored a Telstra vehicle going up and down Stirling Highway, or, as you say, ducking down under the subway? Sure they've been all over that footage for the past 15 years or so since!

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...stigation-ng-eea406d4156090161cbcc5f750132587

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/w...nt-serial-killer-mistake-20160430-goiyrb.html

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-west-australian/20160430/282531542597293

If CSK were to evade cameras, which had been made public, you would think the subway be the natural choice to get off Stirling Highway.

Not everyone went down the Freeway to Madora bay either. The coast road was nigh on the same length of time travelled to the same destination around that time.

Jane Rimmers Woolcoot road was considered a short cut to Mandurah around this period. It was the shortest unofficial route. The vehicle would have however been facing north when Jane was dumped unless the perpetrator carried her across the road which sounds risky. Not that the road would have been busy in those days at night.

Both the victims points of discovery had no street lights at the time. Very dark.

The crimes appeared to have happened between relationships. Someone left to their own devices, home alone?

Telecom had been split from PMG and in the throws of a fully privatised Telstra. The future looked bleak. Just add alcohol.

<modsnip - to comply with Australian law>

Someone moved home with their parents after the Huntingdale residence had been sold.

PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Telecom/Telstra were a government department, not unlike police and fire brigade. There is multiple reasons the Perth Telecom building doesn't have windows.

People that worked in these government departments were considered of some integrity because they faced a level of scrutiny by the employer, such as work logs, security clearances especially when techs had to enter particular government departments to carry out work that would be considered confidential with particular security clearance.

I do wonder being a Telstra tech might have meant that without criminal record, police might have been a little dismissive of his involvement?

There was mention police were going back through number plates on cameras, although being government, it was probably a Telstra tech that did the installation?

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...stigation-ng-eea406d4156090161cbcc5f750132587

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/w...nt-serial-killer-mistake-20160430-goiyrb.html

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-west-australian/20160430/282531542597293

Thanks for that KrissyJ. The Pressreader article is particularly disturbing. I had just found it again a few minutes ago before I looked at your links. I think the heading of the article says it all really "Clueless". Sigh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member