Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #13 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never thought she acted alone, but I just thought I was crazy because it seems like 90% of people posting thinking she did and I got shut down real quick suggesting she didn't act alone.

I certainly believe she had some help. Not as much as murdering Lucas but disposing of him ! Let’s be honest- she wasn’t smart enough to pull that part off alone! Imo

The problem is she does not have to answer any questions. Everyone has the right to remain silent. And they have a right to an attorney and the first thing an attorney will tell anyone is dont answer anything.

US law protects a defendent from any self incrimination. How it is done is by allowing someone to stay silent and not answer anything.

Much more about this subect in link

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. If you decide to answer questions, you have the right to stop at any time."

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/faqs-police-interrogations.html
You are correct. Not only that but one of the very first things a defense attorney will tell you is:
don't say anything to me until I ask you specific targeted questions. I have your statements and all available info. I have read it all and I am going to ask you not to tell your story to me but instead let me frame your response to me. So that way I have no knowledge of any possible evidence of actual guilt. (yada yada etc). They do this because if they have knowledge of actual guilt under the law they must by their code of ethics recuse themselves from the case or pursue plea deals.
IF EG spilled way too much info to her attorney then that wouldn't be helpful for her IMO.
If she remained quiet and listened carefully where the discussion was being led, then she will have a better outcome with her attorney.
This is just my opinion based on experience. Personally I wish she spilled too much info.:waiting:
:moo:

I don’t think LT was saying it’s illegal to put flyers on doors, she was just warning people about the potential dangers of going up to strangers’ doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My comment was in response to ESO mentioning putting flyers in mailboxes. Not in response to LT.

(ETA: correction in reference to who made the original comment)

<modsnip>
And i was just confirming,as a postal employee, i know it is illegal to place anything in a mailbox.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

You are correct. Not only that but one of the very first things a defense attorney will tell you is:
don't say anything to me until I ask you specific targeted questions. I have your statements and all available info. I have read it all and I am going to ask you not to tell your story to me but instead let me frame your response to me. So that way I have no knowledge of any possible evidence of actual guilt. (yada yada etc). They do this because if they have knowledge of actual guilt under the law they must by their code of ethics recuse themselves from the case or pursue plea deals.
IF EG spilled way too much info to her attorney then that wouldn't be helpful for her IMO.
If she remained quiet and listened carefully where the discussion way being led, then she will have a better outcome with her attorney.
This is just my opinion based on experience. Personally I wish she spilled too much info.:waiting:

She did say she wants to tell her side. She has a side????? A child under her watch is missing and presumed dead! There is a history of physical abuse, drug abuse, supervised visitations with her own children and she has a side she wants us to hear? How about wondering if he's cold, hungry, scared, hurt, etc. If my child were missing and I had a platform to speak to the public I would plead for his safe return, speak directly to him, let him know we are coming for him! But she took this platform to say she wants to tell her side????? :gaah:

She did say she wants to tell her side. She has a side????? A child under her watch is missing and presumed dead! There is a history of physical abuse, drug abuse, supervised visitations with her own children and she has a side she wants us to hear? How about wondering if he's cold, hungry, scared, hurt, etc. If my child were missing and I had a platform to speak to the public I would plead for his safe return, speak directly to him, let him know we are coming for him! But she took this platform to say she wants to tell her side????? :gaah:
RIGHT THERE says it all

You do realize your article has nothing to do with an active criminal investigation? Here is a handy website with information about the open records act - what is exempt specifically.
http://www.wichita.gov/CityClerk/KORA/Pages/Exemptions.aspx

Indeed. The article has to do with shared and concealed public information in the state of Kansas, and precedes this investigation. What it has to do with many criminal investigations in Kansas is accountability to the taxpayers and voters for solving cases. It has become rather a hot button issue in the upcoming elections, should any of that matter to you. Once again, there are at least four or five unsolved missing persons cases from recent years outstanding in Kansas. Sharing information with the general public and accounting to the general public about the progress of such cases is usually helpful. Ultimately, when a case goes cold, the only persons helped by secrecy are usually the perpetrators. I do not have sympathy for perpetrators.

Indeed. The article has to do with shared and concealed public information in the state of Kansas, and precedes this investigation. What it has to do with many criminal investigations in Kansas is accountability to the taxpayers and voters for solving cases. It has become rather a hot button issue in the upcoming elections, should any of that matter to you. Once again, there are at least four or five unsolved missing persons cases from recent years outstanding in Kansas. Sharing information with the general public and accounting to the general public about the progress of such cases is usually helpful. Ultimately, when a case goes cold, the only persons helped by secrecy are usually the perpetrators. I do not have sympathy for perpetrators.

A cold case is very different than that of an active investigation. I have already linked the exceptions to the open records act.

ESO,

You and so many other great members of Websleuths want to help but you must be careful.

You said, "Maybe put them in mailboxes as we pass by those houses".

This is highly illegal. By federal law, you have to be a licensed mail carrier to put something in a mailbox. If you have ever received a letter from a Fed Ex or UPS you'll see they do not leave in your mailbox. They can't by law.

Somebody mentioned about porches and leaving a flyer on a door handle.

I would be very careful about going up to people's porches and attaching something to their door.

Here is what is going on in Texas right now: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/12/us/texas-austin-blasts/index.html

Someone literally might shoot you if they see you leaving something on their door and claim they thought you were the bomber.

It is a terrible feeling to want to help yet you can't. You feel so helpless. I know what you mean. I get angry when I am helpless to fix something or help someone.

We have limitations here. Just really think about what you are doing because you could end up getting into trouble or worse.

One more reminder, if someone is organizing anything they need to take all of the discussion off of the forum. You and you alone are fully responsible if something happens to you on one of this searches. Websleuths cannot be a part of any organized anything unless we give our permission to use our name and forum.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer

Thank you for caring so much about a little boy you've never met. It makes everyone realize there are still many good people in this world.

Tricia

No worries, I misspoke, I meant hand them to landowners when we see them. We’ve encountered them while searching (which seeing how very quick they were to stop and ask us why we are walking around out there is such a positive sign!) and in retrospect it would have been great to give them a few flyers to give their neighbors. But I’m glad for the reminder, it’s easy to forget these things!

A cold case is very different than that of an active investigation. I have already linked the exceptions to the open records act.

Then, hopefully, we can convince our police departments here in Kansas to act like the rest of the known universe when a crime needs to be solved, and let the taxpayers know where unsolved cases, including this one, stand. No one has asked for information that is only known to law enforcement and the perpetrator(s), or information that is key evidence in court. Lucas Hernandez has been missing longer than a month. That is a long time, for a five year old. If the investigation stalls at this stage, it is in grave danger of going cold, active though it may be at the moment.

Once again, no sympathy here for whoever committed this crime. I do not support anything that only aides the perpetrator(s).

Yes. She wants to tell her side. She NEEDS to tell it I think...
Her demeanor in her interview indicates she needs to tell the story. But she’s also worried about how it will be perceived.
The things she’s focusing on show us she has no real maternal instincts or feelings toward Lucas - she’s saying things she thinks she should but she isn’t addressing things people would expect.
My hope is LE is watching her close for that tipping point, for when she HAS to tell - before she gets past it and her mind moves on to other things....

An official “Help Find Lucas Hernandez” FB page will be published tomorrow. I’m hoping to be able to include some new details.

, I hope you are feeling better. I'm looking forward to the FB page and something new (hopefully) for us to chew on.

Meantime, anybody want to brainstorm?

1) Why all the park searches?
2) What did the dogs find, if anything?
3) What do we have that indicates whatever happened to LH occurred at the home?

JMO

Will the official FB page be allowed to be linked here? If not, someone please kindly lead me to it once it is up and running! I appreciate every one of you!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Then, hopefully, we can convince our police departments here in Kansas to act like the rest of the known universe when a crime needs to be solved, and let the taxpayers know where unsolved cases, including this one, stand. No one has asked for information that is only known to law enforcement and the perpetrator(s). Lucas Hernandez has been missing longer than a month. That is a long time, for a five year old. If the investigation stalls at this stage, it is in grave danger of going cold, active though it may be at the moment.

Once again, no sympathy here for whoever committed this crime. I do not support anything that only aides the perpetrator(s).

Considering that no one knows the information and they’re asking LE for the info, that is by definition information only known by LE and the perpetrators ...

I am not privy to their sources and information but I am certain they have their reasons for keeping the information under wraps when they do. Having the educational background that I do, I know many of the reasons why departments do that but I don’t have the specific reasons in this case.

Departments providing information to the public could potentially aide the perpetrators. Contaminating the potential jury pool; compromising the investigation in a myriad of ways just to name two.

Yes. She wants to tell her side. She NEEDS to tell it I think...
Her demeanor in her interview indicates she needs to tell the story. But she’s also worried about how it will be perceived.
The things she’s focusing on show us she has no real maternal instincts or feelings toward Lucas - she’s saying things she thinks she should but she isn’t addressing things people would expect.
My hope is LE is watching her close for that tipping point, for when she HAS to tell - before she gets past it and her mind moves on to other things....

I respect your post very much and I agree.
I'm of the opinion that she moved past this as soon as the act occurred. While we are waiting for word on Lucas I do a lot of backstory reading on profiling and such. And I find it applies that trying to look through EG's eyes is like "staring into the abyss".
“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” John Douglas quoted this from Nietzsche.:thinking:
I don't subscribe to N's beliefs but they are interesting.

Considering that no one knows the information and they&#8217;re asking LE for the info, that is by definition information only known by LE and the perpetrators ...

I am not privy to their sources and information but I am certain they have their reasons for keeping the information under wraps when they do. Having the educational background that I do, I know many of the reasons why departments do that but I don&#8217;t have the specific reasons in this case.

Departments providing information to the public could potentially aide the perpetrators. Contaminating the potential jury pool; compromising the investigation in a myriad of ways just to name two.

Having the educational background that I have, I understand those things, too. But here's the thing: the police department in Wichita is currently under fire for unnecessary secrecy. In addition, it has discontinued and changed the number to the dedicated tipline for Lucas several times. Have they given a recent press conference about the FBI's progress? I have not heard one, recently. Also, I have not even heard any of the adults in Lucas's life issue a plea for his safe return; of course, I recognize that is not law enforcement's fault, but it seems that someone would have encouraged at least one of Lucas's adults to do so, by now. Why are journalists in Lucas's part of Kansas given a hard time by law enforcement when they ask for updates on this, and other cases?

I think, when and if a trial occurs here, there will be no problem seating a jury if the public is kept informed of the progress of the search for Lucas.

That was her telling her side. We don't need to hear any more from that evil witch. :ignore:

, I hope you are feeling better. I'm looking forward to the FB page and something new (hopefully) for us to chew on.

Meantime, anybody want to brainstorm?

1) Why all the park searches?
2) What did the dogs find, if anything?
3) What do we have that indicates whatever happened to LH occurred at the home?

JMO

I think the dogs had to hit on something for them to be so definitive from the beginning that he didn’t walk away and was not abuducted

Having the educational background that I have, I understand those things, too. But here's the thing: the police department in Wichita is currently under fire for unnecessary secrecy. In addition, it has discontinued and changed the number to the dedicated tipline for Lucas several times. Have they given a recent press conference about the FBI's progress? I have not heard one, recently. Also, I have not even heard any of the adults in Lucas's life issue a plea for his safe return; of course, I recognize that is not law enforcement's fault, but it seems that someone would have encouraged at least one of Lucas's adults to do so, by now. Why are journalists in Lucas's part of Kansas given a hard time by law enforcement when they ask for updates on this, and other cases?

I think, when and if a trial occurs here, there will be no problem seating a jury if the public is kept informed of the progress of the search for Lucas.

I haven’t seen journalists given a ‘hard time’
I’ve seen le spokespeople saying they have no updates or they can’t disclose xyz info.
The fbi hasn’t given a single update that I’ve seen - just WPD reporting they were involved.
If LE released too much info - and who is to say how much is too much?- the potential jury pool could be contaminated with prejudgements based on that info.

I’m not here to defend LE or line out best practices. I’m here to offer help on locating Lucas. I’m not sure this line of discussion is helping further that so this will be the last I say on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member