Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs Julene Thorburn was obviously present when old Rick murdered Tialeigh and it is also obvious she cleaned up the mess afterwards, we know Tiah was placed in the shed whilst Julene cleaned up, then Julene and Rick put Tialeigh in the car and Rick drove off and disposed of the body. This is only our (my) opinions but it is the most likely scenario.
With Rick Pleading guilty, I hope Julene doesn't get away with it completely.
Trent only got 12 months for his part in Tialeigh's horrific abuse. He has been released, he has his freedom and is back in society again. Tialeigh is gone forever.
I don't think any of them have the insight to fully comprehend what they did to Tialeigh, I doubt they will "have to live with it for the rest of their lives". I don't think they have the compassion or the empathy.
With Rick pleading GUILTY TO THE MURDER OF TIALEIGH PALMER, we will just have to wait until his sentencing to see what Julene Thorburn will be charged with now. :(
MOO
I was a bit behind with this -- I see that Julene has already been sentenced to 18 months, suspended after 6 months. I am speechless!!!!!!
Our Justice system completely failed poor Tialeigh. :( MOO

I'm not sure if this has ben posted but R will be pleading guilty of Tia's murder - so it won't be going to trial.

Just because it wont be going thru a trial phrase doesn't mean that Rick gets to hide from public view what he did. Since he has pled guilty and asked for a sentencing date, that's exactly what he'll get, but sentencing, from a Supreme Court Judge, is a finely tuned bit of terrific theatre, a display, if you will of what the law says Rick did, what Rick says he did, and what each action Rick took which has resulted in a measure of time to be served.

Each element of Rick's depravity will be carefully assessed and , I am sorry to say, described, with the accompanying logic of the judge in assigned a specific part of his sentencing to each element. It wont be easy listening to, and it wont be easy saying from the judge, either.

What it means to Rick is irrelevant in the scale of things.

and it's a fair bet to assume that the QLD court will not be bothered making any arrangements for Rick to attend his sentencing in person, he can do that via video link and save the taxpayers the enormous cost of extra security.

Same with his trial for the molestation of the two little girls in his wife's day care shindig .. he will probably plead guilty to that, also, legal aid being loathe to spend public money on a certain outcome.

How long Rick lasts in the QLD prison system is anyone 's guess. I suppose it depends on how much QLD Corrections Minister wants to spend on extra efforts, in the expectation of assuring Rick's safety for the rest of his life.. it only takes the blink of an eye.

Thanks for the enlightening bit of info Trooper. I had completely lost heart with the failure of the system for poor Tialeigh.
At least old Rick will have to stand in the dock and hear what the Supreme Court Judge thinks of him. Then hear his sentence.
We can hope the other prisoners let him know he is in gaol now, and gaol is gaol.
(None of that depraved family ever had to really face up to what they did -- protecting their way of life and their standing on the community)!!!!!!

what makes me grit my teeth is that Thorburn is now eligible for a 'discount' due to pleading guilty.. It could be a matter of possibly 15% of the over all sentence, and it is through grinding teeth that I can barely manage to say 15%..

However,. there is precedence in the law, in Qld, along with other states, that a crime can be considered so heinous, so depraved and so gratuitously repulsive that a court can lawfully remove the discount element from the sentencing. .

That is, the crime itself calls out from the public voice, that the offence was so appalling that no component of discount could possibly apply. The crime itself invalidates any such of a favour .

And in this crime, that should apply, in my humble opinion.

Even though Rick is pleading guilty, it isn't as if the Crown doesn't have a case that they know they can win .. it isn't as if Rick is solving a mystery, or assisting the police in their enquires.. far from, Rick and his family went to great lengths to lie and obfuscate to the police over many months.

I hope this is what happens, that his guilty plea , although there is provision for a sentencing discount, the Judge will not be able to over ride the vile ness of the crime and Rick will go down with the full measure of the sentence.

So old Rick doesn't even have to stand in the dock, face to face with the Supreme Court Judge, and hear all the grisly gory details, and what the Supreme Court Judge thinks of him, he will be on video link, he can day dream out on video link, and not even really listen.
It probably doesn't even mean anything much to him any more. He knows he is done for. He probably only wants to know how long.
I don't think the other prisoners will do anything extreme to old Rick. Maybe make him a bit miserable (hopefully).
Old Rick had already tried the "death potion" when first arrested. An alert and quick acting Police Officer saved his life.
I don't think Rick has it in him to neck himself. He has probably been on "obs" (observation) all this time, which is also isolation, I doubt that will continue after sentencing, they will have to make him mainstream eventually.

what makes me grit my teeth is that Thorburn is now eligible for a 'discount' due to pleading guilty.. It could be a matter of possibly 15% of the over all sentence, and it is through grinding teeth that I can barely manage to say 15%..

I hope this is what happens, that his guilty plea , although there is provision for a sentencing discount, the Judge will not be able to over ride the vile ness of the crime and Rick will go down with the full measure of the sentence.
Edited by me.....

I also hope this is what happens to him. I think all of us here on Websleuths hope this is what happens.
None of that vile family has received justice for what they did to Tialeigh, lets hope that Rick Thorburn gets it for the lot of them.

So old Rick doesn't even have to stand in the dock, face to face with the Supreme Court Judge, and hear all the grisly gory details, and what the Supreme Court Judge thinks of him, he will be on video link, he can day dream out on video link, and not even really listen.
It probably doesn't even mean anything much to him any more. He knows he is done for. He probably only wants to know how long.
I don't think the other prisoners will do anything extreme to old Rick. Maybe make him a bit miserable (hopefully).
Old Rick had already tried the "death potion" when first arrested. An alert and quick acting Police Officer saved his life.
I don't think Rick has it in him to neck himself. He has probably been on "obs" (observation) all this time, which is also isolation, I doubt that will continue after sentencing, they will have to make him mainstream eventually.

I can’t see any difference between Cowan and this grub.
Both filthy murdering serial pedophile liars. Cowan got life for the murder of Daniel and I’m hoping Ol’ Rick also gets life or dies in prison at the hands of rough justice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can’t see any difference between Cowan and this grub.
Both filthy murdering serial pedophile liars. Cowan got life for the murder of Daniel and I’m hoping Ol’ Rick also gets life or dies in prison at the hands of rough justice.

Like Cowan, Rick is a prize, really. If you want to make a name for yourself, and you have nothing left to lose, why not?.. .

I honestly believe, and it could be the inner optimist in me, that somewhere down the track, Rick gets jack of the treatment he is getting and decides to dob Julene in, big time, with evidence. That would be about the only thing that would give any sense of justice for Tiah's family.

Thanks for the enlightening bit of info Trooper. I had completely lost heart with the failure of the system for poor Tialeigh.
At least old Rick will have to stand in the dock and hear what the Supreme Court Judge thinks of him. Then hear his sentence.
We can hope the other prisoners let him know he is in gaol now, and gaol is gaol.
(None of that depraved family ever had to really face up to what they did -- protecting their way of life and their standing on the community)!!!!!!

Meryl...I forgot to add, that the sentencing may even be broadcast, I don't think it will be televised to the general public, but an accurate word by word transcript of all the Supreme Court Judge proclaims from the bench will be on the QLD court website that day .. because, you know, crime is public and the application of law is paid out of public funding so the actual sentencing belongs to the public.

we will not be kept in any suspense or doubt, once the sentencing is done.

Like Cowan, Rick is a prize, really. If you want to make a name for yourself, and you have nothing left to lose, why not?.. .

I honestly believe, and it could be the inner optimist in me, that somewhere down the track, Rick gets jack of the treatment he is getting and decides to dob Julene in, big time, with evidence. That would be about the only thing that would give any sense of justice for Tiah's family.

Great to see you Trooper.

Daniel wasn’t Cowan’s first child rape which eventuation in murder.

Tiahleigh wasn’t Rick’s first child rape and he too eventually murdered.

Cowan referred to himself as ‘opportunist’ as though it was the heading on his resume.
Well as far as Ol’ Rot is concerned he cunningly designed his opportunities by creating the perfect haven for him to do his filthy deeds.

IMO Ol’ Rot is far worse than Cowan and I’m hoping praying the judge reads my reasons for life with no parole.

He should be used as a reminder to anyone out there who are currently raping or thinking of raping the children in their care.

Great to see you Trooper.

Daniel wasn’t Cowan’s first child rape which eventuation in murder.

Tiahleigh wasn’t Rick’s first child rape and he too eventually murdered.

Cowan referred to himself as ‘opportunist’ as though it was the heading on his resume.
Well as far as Ol’ Rot is concerned he cunningly designed his opportunities by creating the perfect haven for him to do his filthy deeds.

IMO Ol’ Rot is far worse than Cowan and I’m hoping praying the judge reads my reasons for life with no parole.

He should be used as a reminder to anyone out there who are currently raping or thinking of raping the children in their care.

simply super to crash into you, TGY. .. and as is so often the case, I can say , without hesitation, 'I'm with TGY!'....

There is something just so repellant and so deeply criminal about Rick sexually abusing little girls in his care!.. as in the day care, the foster care scam.. a criminal bent so inherent that he went to the trouble of setting out his stall under the auspices of a 'carer'.. . it is that element of depravity I sincerely hope the court takes into consideration.

Meryl...I forgot to add, that the sentencing may even be broadcast, I don't think it will be televised to the general public, but an accurate word by word transcript of all the Supreme Court Judge proclaims from the bench will be on the QLD court website that day .. because, you know, crime is public and the application of law is paid out of public funding so the actual sentencing belongs to the public.

we will not be kept in any suspense or doubt, once the sentencing is done.

Thank you Trooper.
We will all be waiting to read the transcript, and maybe post the most meaningful parts.!! :(

simply super to crash into you, TGY. .. and as is so often the case, I can say , without hesitation, 'I'm with TGY!'....

There is something just so repellant and so deeply criminal about Rick sexually abusing little girls in his care!.. as in the day care, the foster care scam.. a criminal bent so inherent that he went to the trouble of setting out his stall under the auspices of a 'carer'.. . it is that element of depravity I sincerely hope the court takes into consideration.

To steal your words Trooper ...”so repellant and so deeply criminal”.

THIS in itself shows more front that Mark Foys!!

e07a501782c5fd2575755807f0439eb2.jpg

What you have said above is what we all find so repugnant....he was abusing little girls in his care, and he was also in the foster care system.
That is what Tialeigh's mother keeps saying......Tialeigh was in foster care - Rick Thorburn was her foster parent.!!!!
We will be watching for the transcript on the day of sentencing.!!!!!

To steal your words Trooper ...”so repellant and so deeply criminal”.

THIS in itself shows more front that Mark Foys!!

e07a501782c5fd2575755807f0439eb2.jpg

the horror of that picture ought to be enough to reject entirely any thought of a discount for pleading guilty, TGY . It encapsulates every arrogant murderous aspect of the man .

The whole vile family are depraved and criminal, the photo you have posted of Rick Thorburn as a pall bearer at Tialeigh's funeral is one that disgusted all of us TGY. It is the lack of justice so far that has enraged all of us.
That is a good description Trooper "so repellant and so deeply criminal". All we can hope for is that the sentencing Judge also sees it that way.
Rick Thorburn will have a difficult time behind bars from the other prisoners when he eventually goes mainstream (we can only hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆