Tickets on Sale Now for CrimeCon'18

Morf:

Thanks Morf!

Looking forward to seeing you at CrimeCon 2018.

Bill Thomas,
Brother of Cathleen Thomas,
Colonial Parkway Murders

So glad I chose to join this site because I never would have known about this. And I live 45 minutes from Nashville! I'm definitely interested in buying tickets if anyone is still selling any. If I don't buy them here I'll probably end up paying the full price and going anyways.
:newbie:

I have 2 tickets for sale. $400 for both. Please let me knowif you are still interested.

So glad I chose to join this site because I never would have known about this. And I live 45 minutes from Nashville! I'm definitely interested in buying tickets if anyone is still selling any. If I don't buy them here I'll probably end up paying the full price and going anyways.
:newbie:

Hi, newbie here looking for guidance about whether or not to go. I live on Maui (I know, poor me) and am trying to figure out if I can justify the trip to the convention. Can anyone share their experiences about past conventions, as well as any guidance? For context, I used to attend the annual mystery writers convention named after my grandfather, (Bouchercon) so I have ample experience with these types of gatherings. Just wondering if the panels and other activities are good enough to travel 1,000s of miles. Thanks in advance.

Have you had an opportunity to review the CrimeCon website or the Facebook page? If not, you should - you can see the full schedule from last year to get an idea of what it's like.
Hi, newbie here looking for guidance about whether or not to go. I live on Maui (I know, poor me) and am trying to figure out if I can justify the trip to the convention. Can anyone share their experiences about past conventions, as well as any guidance? For context, I used to attend the annual mystery writers convention named after my grandfather, (Bouchercon) so I have ample experience with these types of gatherings. Just wondering if the panels and other activities are good enough to travel 1,000s of miles. Thanks in advance.

I'm not flush with cash ATM and probably won't get to come, but I'll try to remember to check this thread - I'm a local and can give 2 cents on where to stay, go, etc.

Nashville is humid and can be miserable in the summertime. May will be awesome! BUT we do sometimes have violent storms that time of year, make sure you have a weather app on your phone that will alert for tornado warnings.

Also, on the subject of parking... if you're not staying at Opryland (which is expensive), be aware parking is $24 per day. You may wish to carpool.

I'm not flush with cash ATM and probably won't get to come, but I'll try to remember to check this thread - I'm a local and can give 2 cents on where to stay, go, etc.

Nashville is humid and can be miserable in the summertime. May will be awesome! BUT we do sometimes have violent storms that time of year, make sure you have a weather app on your phone that will alert for tornado warnings.

Also, on the subject of parking... if you're not staying at Opryland (which is expensive), be aware parking is $24 per day. You may wish to carpool.

Yes apparently even when you actually stay there, parking is additional!! It's annoying, but the discount CrimeCon got on rooms was a lot so that helps.

Thanks for the heads up on the weather, I'm in KS so used to it here but wasn't sure what to expect there. My teenage daughters will be with me at the hotel but not attending CrimeCon, so I'll make sure their phones are set for Nashville weather alerts.

I'm planning to arrive on the 3rd and stay a day or two after CrimeCon as well.

They just released the 2018 schedule over the weekend.
My sister and I are going. We both like True Crime, and we're also just doing it as a sister weekend, LOL.

They just released the 2018 schedule over the weekend.
My sister and I are going. We both like True Crime, and we're also just doing it as a sister weekend, LOL.

My sister and my middle daughter are doing it as a sister+ neice weekwend ! We are super excited. My daughters favorite true crime you tuber is going to be there so she is exicited about that and my sister likes Podcast so that is her thing . I want to see the midwest search and rescue , .Get Fassenbender to sign my 15 year old book. Talk to Bill Thomas and hear what updates he has to offer on his sisters case. . Sideways stare at Bill Jenson HAHA , wtf... Is there a websleuth meet up this year?
MzOpinion8d ??

Going, so going .. meeting up with a few friends from the board I've only known virtually so am very excited! I hope there will be a websleuths meet somewhere!

In case those not registered do not know, it has been announced this week that the Grandparents of Liberty German and the Mother of Abigail Williams will be attending crime con for a special panel discussion on the case of these two beautiful baby girls. I was already registered after attending last year's event (would not miss it) but being able to attend this one panel discussion alone is worth the price of admission to me. Ashleigh Banfield will be moderating the discussion. I want nothing more than justice for those two girls. Please come join us at CrimeCon, if you can. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

Thank you. We are really excited about our panel on the Colonial Parkway Murders and being at CrimeCon this year to talk about the case.

BIll Thomas,
Brother of Cathy Thomas,
Colonial Parkway MurdersColonialParkwayMurdersMap.jpg

We are really looking forward to CrimeCon, May 4-6, 2018 in Nashville. We will be hosting an expert panel on the unsolved Colonial Parkway Murders. So far, we have booked Cathy Thomas' brother Bill Thomas, true crime author Blaine Pardoe, and former FBI Special Agent Maureen O'Connell to discuss the Colonial Parkway Murders.

Here is the CrimeCon 2018 schedule:

https://www.crimecon.com/guests/

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathleen Thomas
Colonial Parkway Murders

ColonialParkway VictimsCollage.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics