TX - Austin Package Bombs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this a new thing the bomber is trying to throw off people on opening packages? Surely this is connected? It's in a close proximity to others and who puts this type of thing in a box randomly? Something is not adding up here.

Austin Police Dept
‏
Verified account

@Austin_Police
7m7 minutes ago
More
#UPDATE: There was no package explosion in the 9800 block of Brodie Ln. Items inside package was not a bomb, rather an incendiary device. At this time, we have no reason to believe this incident is related to previous package bombs. #Breaking #packagebombmurders

CBS Austin
‏
Verified account

@cbsaustin
3m3 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: Police say the package explosion was not a bomb, was incendiary device. They don't think it's related to previous explosions

CBS Austin Retweeted

MelanieTorre
‏

@melanietorre
5m5 minutes ago
More
IMPORTANT BREAKING UPDATE: @Austin_Police say “an incendiary device” caused the injuries at the S. Austin Goodwill and that this is NOT related to previous package bombs. Large response to this incident shows just how many resources are working on the #packagebombmurders.

The Statesman says police say "it might not" be related.

strange reporting all along

a 30 year old is hurt

how do you rule out so quick a connection

Is anyone concerned he might decide to venture outside of Austin? I live in TX.

It depends on how many of those bombs he made, and how good his source of transportation is. It’s like trying to figure out a hurricane. One of the FedEx packages was tied to San Antonio, which is over an hour away. I wouldn’t be terrified, since you know what to look out for, but, I think, that clearly shows he can travel.

It seems a little early to say it's not related, no? However they obviously have more info than I have.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/austin-bombings-police-response-injury-live-updates-today-2018-03-20/

ATCEMS wrote Tuesday that officials are on scene Brodie Lane/W Slaughter Lane. The incident occurred around 7 p.m. local time.

Apparently a male in his 30s has potentially serious, but non-life-threatening injuries.

CBS News has learned that the explosive device was inside package and it went off at a Goodwill donation dropoff location/store.

This is a developing story. Refresh this page for latest updates.

Austin Police Dept
‏
Verified account

@Austin_Police
7m7 minutes ago
More
#UPDATE: There was no package explosion in the 9800 block of Brodie Ln. Items inside package was not a bomb, rather an incendiary device. At this time, we have no reason to believe this incident is related to previous package bombs. #Breaking #packagebombmurders

CBS Austin
‏
Verified account

@cbsaustin
3m3 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: Police say the package explosion was not a bomb, was incendiary device. They don't think it's related to previous explosions
Or, could be the bomber trying to burn his own clothes in the goodwill bin!

The injured 30 yr old could be the guy.
Moo
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm afraid LE IS HIS TARGET.
Get them all close and take several out.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Something bigger may be planned, and all these quick drops offs might just be a diversion. I hope I am totally wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definition of incendiary device from Wikipedia:

Incendiary weapons, incendiary devices or incendiary bombs are weapons designed to start fires or destroy sensitive equipment using fire (and sometimes used as anti-personnel weaponry), that use materials such as napalm, thermite, magnesium powder, chlorine trifluoride, or white phosphorus. Though colloquially often known as bombs, they are not explosives but in fact are designed to slow the process of chemical reactions and use ignition rather than detonation to start and or maintain the reaction. Napalm for example, is petroleum especially thickened with certain chemicals into a 'gel' to slow, but not stop, combustion, releasing energy over a longer time than an explosive device. In the case of napalm, the gel adheres to surfaces and resists suppression.

Is there a "normal" incendiary device that one would find at a Goodwill? Why rule it out as not related so soon? Ugh, all of you near this please be careful! I have family in Austin and this is really freaking me out. Just terrifying! :scared:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/2...package-explosion-in-southwestern-austin.html

—- The victim was a Goodwill employee who was looking in a donation bin, KVUE reported.

—- Congressman Michael McCaul, a representative from Texas and the chairman of the U.S. House Homeland Security Committee, told The Associated Press he was told by federal authorities that investigators have obtained surveillance videos in Austin that "could possibly" show a suspect in the package bombing at a FedEx distribution center near San Antonio.
McCaul said he was briefed by the FBI, ATF and Austin police on the situation and added that he hoped the bomber's "biggest mistake was going through FedEx."
The detonated package bomb at the Schertz facility reportedly was sent by the same person, and from the same mail delivery officer, as the suspicious package later located at the FedEx location in Austin, according to Rep. Lloyd Doggett, who spoke to the American-Statesman. The two packages reportedly were sent from a mail delivery office in Sunset Valley, an Austin suburb south of downtown.

strange reporting all along

a 30 year old is hurt

how do you rule out so quick a connection

Perhaps LE is trying to lure the bomber into making some kind of statement taking credit for it.

(33 members and 55 guests)

Guests, please join. We can all be scared together.

If that isn't a good reason to join I don't know what is. Thank you Jax49.

In about 20 minutes I will be starting a new thread.

Tricia

I feel it is related. He is trying new things. I don't think LE have really ruled out it being related, rather they are trying to get the person responsible to communicate with them.

I think the Austin Bomber had a loss, like a job. He likely has grievances. People who know him likely find the person as off putting as he complains a lot and has a negative personality. The person likely has trouble fitting in and has some social alienation issues. He is likely to be an injustice collector, grievance collector, or grudge holder.

I keep thinking someone who was a delivery employee who has had many complaints against him/ her and has a grudge.

Interesting also, I did a search earlier and the Brodie lane FedEx has Several negative reviews for service reasons:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/fedex-office-print-and-ship-center-austin-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member