TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the local stations reported they were told the Goodwill worker dropped the flare before it (did whatever it did). moo

Anyone know when the next PC is scheduled?

Sorry Cariis, Ken Paxton definitely doesn't have one...a brain, that is. Either his statement is wrong or he divulged info he shouldn't have, either proves my first remark.

Edit: for some reason, Cariis' post about Ken Paxton having a brain didn't show up on my reply

As previously posted, AG Paxton says his LE sources are telling him they do believe the Goodwill device is related to bombings. Maybe there is a difference of opinion among experts. I tend to believe there is more than one person involved, both because of the differing locations and devices and because of the fast pace of the incidents. Surely assembling bombs would be time consuming because of the careful preparation involved, but that's JMO.

What is a "box alarm"?
Austin Fire Info
‏

@AustinFireInfo
2m2 minutes ago
More
BOX Alarm@2711 S IH 35 SVRD NB, report of smoke in the area. Crews in the area trying to locate exact address, alarm being reduced. Nothing showing in the area.

Sorry Cariis, Ken Paxton definitely doesn't have one...a brain, that is. Either his statement is wrong or he divulged info he shouldn't have, either proves my first remark.

Edit: for some reason, Cariis' post about Ken Paxton having a brain didn't show up on my reply

You would be correct. I fear he divulged info he should not have.

https://www.npr.org/sections/allson...ur-favorite-discoveries-and-memorable-moments

"Our bleary-eyed, ear-ringing week of seemingly non-stop live music in Austin, Texas has ended and we're back one last time to reflect on the 2018 South by Southwest festival and play some of our favorite discoveries."

I read this article and this jumped out at me.....Our bleary-eyed, ear-ringing week of seemingly non-stop live music in Austin.....

I don't know about anyone else but if I lived near "nonstop live music" I would go berzerk...not to the extent of this bomber but I would not be happy. Especially if I've lived here a long time and watched this happen all around me, had no control and couldn't afford to move away from the noise. All the growth happening in Austin is not always welcomed. Some people can't even afford their neighborhood any longer. Add that to a festival and the 250,000 people who attend SXSW and you could have a trigger. I realize the bombings started before SXSW, but I would imagine a lot of people come in early to set up.

Now with that being said, we may think he would have targeted the festival. So maybe he is trying to make Austin seem unsafe. So people won't keep moving in.

The way that these bombs are placed all over Austin make it seem that the city of Austin is the target or the city's reputation.

Just a theory.....

Thank you Leru. This is definitely a crux for some. [emoji111]

You call someplace paradise, kiss it goodbye.- Glenn Frey

It seems far too coincidental that this latest incident would not be related. What are the odds? And on Brodie no less. There are a lot of conflicting reports about it but I’m having a hard time swallowing the idea that this isn’t related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the local stations reported they were told the Goodwill worker dropped the flare before it (did whatever it did). moo

I wonder if it was old and unstable.

On any other day that would be a quick call to the EMS and fire department and a trip to the ER. Everyone, including LE, must be on edge.

Katie Hall
‏

@Katie_Statesman
2m2 minutes ago
More
Good news – St. David’s hospital tells us that the man injured from something incendiary at the Goodwill has been treated and released.
goodwill emp released.JPG

Hi super smart websleuthers! Just sharing something I noticed with y’all. I read that the FedEx store in Sunset Valley is on Brodie Lane— the store that the packages originated from. Just now I read that the Goodwill store is also on Brodie Lane in Austin. These two locations are just 3.2 miles apart. I know there are conflicting reports if the Goodwill device is “related” but wow- the locations are close.

As previously posted, AG Paxton says his LE sources are telling him they do believe the Goodwill device is related to bombings. Maybe there is a difference of opinion among experts. I tend to believe there is more than one person involved, both because of the differing locations and devices and because of the fast pace of the incidents. Surely assembling bombs would be time consuming because of the careful preparation involved, but that's JMO.

I think it’s obvious to most it’s related but if LE comes out and says it’s possibly not related we don’t need a politician to contradict that!

Lauren McGaughy
‏Verified account
@lmcgaughy
41s41 seconds ago
More Lauren McGaughy Retweeted J. David McSwane
No, there is no evidence at this time. And experts told us a domestic terrorism charge might make prosecutors’ jobs harder. The bomber(s) already committed murder, which is already a capital crime in Texas.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...-serial-bomber-rattles-austins-sense-security …
#AustinBombings

I believe they said the address and return address were both for Austin. I’ll need to look for a link to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Mailed from and to Austin is what was stated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members