Found Deceased Bermuda - Marc Dombroski, 19, from PA, there for rugby tournament, 18 Mar 2018

When i googled fort prospect it said that was fort prospect.. if it is not Fort Prospect where is it in relation to here?

The following image is NOT Fort Prospect, but another fort in Bermuda which has a similar looking trench. https://goo.gl/images/xUFqTw

There's nothing about Fort Prospect online, it's not accessible to tourists. It must be well fenced, it'd be a big hazard to local children, etc.

I think it's quite possible he noticed the Fort on the map and wanted to try to get in and explore it. Maybe tried to get access from someone's backyard, tripping their security camera.

When i googled fort prospect it said that was fort prospect.. if it is not Fort Prospect where is it in relation to here?
I could be wrong but I read their post as saying the picture they were about to post was not from fort prospect. From everything I have read online the map you linked is correct. Fort prospect is within the vicinity of the Arboretum and the police station.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I read in either a news article or on here, he was walking in the opposite direction of where they were staying. Is this true? Also since it was dark, maybe he didn't see this drop, it's not all fenced in. I don't think there was foul play, his wallet and cell was on him. Poor guy.

if no foul play, did he drown, hit his head, heave a heart attack or similar medical crisis I wonder...

I only linked to the image because it provides a 3D view of what I speculate is a similar type of trench design to the one seen on google maps for Fort Prospect. I'm assuming British forts built in Bermuda had similar architecture.

The image is Fort Cunningham (long press on the image to get the caption), at the far northern end of Bermuda, no where near this incident.

I can't find any photos or even info about Fort Prospect by googling. I expect that's because officials don't allow/don't want people to go exploring it.

I read in either a news article or on here, he was walking in the opposite direction of where they were staying. Is this true? Also since it was dark, maybe he didn't see this drop, it's not all fenced in. I don't think there was foul play, his wallet and cell was on him. Poor guy.

If he'd survived the fall, he'd probably have been able to call for help.

Tippy, don't know if that's where he was found, but that spot looks interesting...

I wonder if he was into geocaching. There are several in the area he was found. I've geocached a few times with my son, and it's real easy to be glued to your phone to follow the GPS and not pay attention to your footing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That’s a good thought and I think it’s something to consider.

The Bermuda police said he was found directly south and not far from where he was walking on Alexandra Rd.

At 1:30am on Sunday, March 18th 2018, CCTV images show Mark was walking alone along Alexandra Road in Devonshire, which is immediately to the south of where his body was found.

http://www.bermudapolice.bm/pressrelease.php

The media report they were staying at Camp Warwick. Google maps show it as being a 15 minute drive away, 1 hr 40 min walk. Not sure how the team got back, probably cabs.

I don’t believe this has been posted yet:

“Mr. Field-Lament confirmed that the F.B.I. had been involved since Sunday because Mr. Dombroski’s family has ‘a connection’ to a former director of the F.B.I., but he did not identify the director. He added that the agency would have gotten involved anyway as part of the Bermuda Police Service’s protocol.“ (BBM)

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/...0hMmvGS5q?amp=1#click=https://t.co/e0hMmvGS5q

FBI involvement does not necessarily indicate foul play, IMO.

It was reported early on that:

“Police don't believe Dombroski made it back to the place his team was staying.

Detective Sgt. Jason Smith said there's no evidence Dombroski was drunk, or that alcohol played a role in his disappearance.

Dombroski was last seen walking in the opposite direction of the Royal Bermuda Regiment camp, which provided lodging for the Ariel Re Bermuda rugby tournament on the British island territory. The team from Saint Joseph's was among more than 20 taking part and had wrapped up competition on Saturday.” (BBM)

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Missing-Bermuda-Rugby-St-Joes-Dombroski-477244263.html

As well as
“Lisa Dombroski speculated her son, who had hurt his shoulder in a game that day and wasn't feeling well, had simply wanted to call it a night. She said the surveillance footage showed him favoring his arm.” (BBM)

http://6abc.com/bermuda-police-missing-sju-student-found-dead/3232362/

And (I’m not quite sure what the bar owner means, but)
“The owner of The Dog House, the bar Dombroski was last seen at on Sunday night, told The Associated Press the rugby player ‘was not sober, but was not intoxicated’ before he went missing.” (BBM)

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...ound-at-base-significant-drop-in-bermuda.html

One possibility I’m thinking of is that maybe Mark was given some sort of pain medication for the discomfort in his shoulder by a staff member of thr rugby team. There have been a couple instances where I’ve taken pain meds and felt quite “loopy,” as well as sick. I wonder if Mark had a similar experience (especially if he consumed even a small amout of alcohol while at the bar), causing him to become confused and start walking in the opposite direction from where he was staying.

I can't stop thinking about this young man . I feel so bad for his team and his family. I am thinking it might be just a terrible accident that he slipped and fell into the moat, maybe hitting his head and unable to call for help. But then just because he was found there , if there was foul play could he have been put into the moat? I have watched rugby for many years and these guys are some of the toughest young men. Years ago a young man had his ear partially torn off and they taped it up and back in he went. They are in great shape,so if there was any way he could have gotten out of there he would have. Hope today brings more answers. My heart goes out yo the Dombroski family.

One possibility I’m thinking of is that maybe Mark was given some sort of pain medication for the discomfort in his shoulder by a staff member of thr rugby team. There have been a couple instances where I’ve taken pain meds and felt quite “loopy,” as well as sick. I wonder if Mark had a similar experience (especially if he consumed even a small amout of alcohol while at the bar), causing him to become confused and start walking in the opposite direction from where he was staying.

RSBM

The only thing is that Warwick camp, the military base where they were staying, is no where nearby. I can't see him trying to walk 1.5 hrs back to there, having to cross clear across the island, across major roads. If he was unwell, he'd just have taken a cab.

Instead he walked swiftly (20 mins) uphill to a residential neighbourhood. You posted the map earlier in the thread, that showed it as a 30 minute walk. But he covered it between 1:09 and 1:30, which seems very purposeful.

Fort Prospect is a fort attached to Prospect Camp. There are a few camps within Prospect Camp including Warwick. It’s very confusing. But reading all the articles on where Mark was found, I think he was found in a moat that surrounded the Fort Prospect part. If that makes sense?

“The heaviest cluster of forts and batteries remained at the East End, where shipping passed in through the reefline from the open Atlantic, and this meant that the artillery soldiers continued to concentrate most heavily at the East End. The infantry, however, established a large camp at the centre of Bermuda circa 1855. Located in Devonshire, on the outskirts of Hamilton, it was called Prospect Camp. The camp housed other units, as well, including Royal Garrison Artillery detachments at a fort built within the camp, Prospect Fort. Although Prospect Camp had extensive areas for training, it was surrounded by public roads and residential areas, and had no safe area for a rifle range. Consequently, a second camp, Warwick Camp, was added primarily to provide rifle ranges to the soldiers of the Garrison, and the Dockyard's own Royal Marine detachment (and those of the ships stationed there).”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Garrison

My local news channel, WPXI in Pittsburgh, has been reporting on this case. Take it for what it's worth, but they said Mark had been beaten and strangled. They are notorious for not the greatest of reporting but I wonder if it's just a rumor. I originally thought robbery and foul play, then read his wallet and cell phone were found intact, so thought accident, until I heard the news. If I can find a link I certainly will post it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could Marc have been going to meet up with one of the girls he was seen speaking to earlier in the night? I mean.. that would really be the only way I would separate from my group.. if I thought there was a chance I was gonna hook up with someone.. his walking does seem very purposeful.. I wonder if his cell phone shows anything pertinent. I wonder who he was last in contact with

I have also seen a comment on a different news article stating what WPXI reported, but I don't know if it's a rumor. I hope it isn't true. I think since he was talking on his phone he may have been meeting someone, but it was also said that he had taken a walk the night before. I wonder where he walked that night. He could all have been on the phone with a teammate, saying let me know when you guys are ready to leave , until then I'm going for a walk. If his shoulder was hurting maybe he didn't feel like celebrating. I think that phone call is key.

Could Marc have been going to meet up with one of the girls he was seen speaking to earlier in the night? I mean.. that would really be the only way I would separate from my group.. if I thought there was a chance I was gonna hook up with someone.. his walking does seem very purposeful.. I wonder if his cell phone shows anything pertinent. I wonder who he was last in contact with

I can’t find the link of the footage of him walking. Would you happen to have it?
Thanks !

I joined just to share this video with you:

https://www.facebook.com/bermudabroadcasting/videos/1586489878054070/

One theory that is going around here in Bermuda.

:welcome4:

and thank you for sharing the video, tiffbda.

First thing I noticed in the video is that the “significant drop at Fort Prospect” does not look as significant as I had imagined. But in the dark of the night, Mark probably did not see it at all, in which case he likely fell very fast and very well could have hit his head in the process.

The theory suggested in the video makes a lot of sense to me; in fact, I can picture this happening to myself (I don’t have a good sense of direction and use Google Maps quite a bit, especially when on foot), especially in an area I’m not familiar with.

I’ve also wondered perhaps Mark suffered some sort of head injury during one of the rugby games. It is a very rough sport. If he suffered a concussion earlier in the day, for example, it might have been several hours before symptoms started to show, in which case he could have been quite confused by the time he left the bar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back