TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss a news conference? CNN was teasing it half an hour ago saying it was happening any time now. Then they switched to other stories and haven't mentioned it since.

Since you're taking the statement personally, yes - generally when there are lots of people coming and going from a home I assume there's dealing going on, rural OR urban. No matter who's living there.

I wasn’t taking it personally. I was hoping to open it up that there is non drug house reasoning to why there could be people coming and going from the house. I don’t know the area , perhaps it is an area known for drugs. Is this the case? Btw... love the DT ( and go
Blue!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am amazed at the windshield still being intact. Can see where truck door has bullet holes?
I wonder MAC set it off on purpose or the wrecking of his car set it off?
mac veh.JPG

MAC veh towed.JPG

Thats alot of bomb making while being in a busy house.

Something tells me his family were more scared of him than we were.

View attachment 131831

SABBM

Good observation.
MAC's family is probably not going to admit it-- since then the public might want to know why they didn't warn anyone about him.
Families usually know a person better than anyone else.

So sad.... there's the possibility that this tragedy was entirely preventable !
Don't hesitate to turn even family members in if you suspect they're going off the deep end in life.
:moo:

I think the point is no matter ones ideology, there are people who completely go against their proclaimed beliefs, and commit acts like murder. Acting as if it’s so bizarre or interesting that a church goer would be seen at a bar, or even commit murder, is not being genuine to human nature. We are all flawed. How flawed is the question...and no ideology prevents murder or other crimes completely. There are murderers/criminals and people just capable of heinous acts from every walk of life, who wear many different masks.

I am trying to be clear here. His church has many activities where he could go to be with people of like mindedness, I am not looking at the activities of some random person. I am looking at the activities of a serial killer to see what they may indicate. Going to a bar when it says that he is very religious and could choose a church activity instead sticks out.

And being very religious when the Bible says , “Thou shalt not kill”, sticks out when one has chosen to be a serial killer.

I wasn’t taking it personally. I was hoping to open it up that there is non drug house reasoning to why there could be people coming and going from the house. I don’t know the area , perhaps it is an area known for drugs. Is this the case? Btw... love the DT ( and go
Blue!)

Not sure about the area here but I read articles about when the first victim was killed a (can't remember if know or suspected drug dealer) lived on the street and was unsure if bomb got placed at wrong home (as in meant for drug dealer) Then the articles made ref to victim and some sort of preceding in Travis County.

At this point it very confusing to be honest what is related what is not. JMHO

I am trying to be clear here. His church has many activities where he could go to be with people of like mindedness, I am not looking at the activities of some random person. I am looking at the activities of a serial killer to see what they may indicate. Going to a bar when it says that he is very religious and could choose a church activity instead sticks out.

And being very religious when the Bible says , “Thou shalt not kill”, sticks out when one has chosen to be a serial killer.

People have been using religion since the Roman times to validate wiping out a demographics of people before supposedly cleansing the land.

But they all were just nut jobs hoping to get a blessing for their evil ways.

The mind wants what the mind wants.

I have no idea if he drank but there is a very popular sports bar a couple blocks from his house. It has sand volleyball, music... Lots of reasons to hang out there besides alcohol. Going there doesn't say anything about a person.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Just saw that the grandmother has said he was a wonderful kid from a great family, etc.
We knew that was coming at some point.

Hey grandma, he was also a serial bomber, and a pretty efficient killer.

Grandparents may never have saw his true colors, and are probably in a bit of shock. They should not have even spoken to the media.

Ooookaay. That's disturbing. There's the "cosmic war" mixing religion with training kids to mimic killing people. Knife fighting? Target practice with guns, mixed in with conservative religious instruction & Bible study?

:eek:hoh:

Here is one of the music videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8OIXBD5zQQ

This Carman guy sounds like a real huckster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carman_(singer)

A lot of kids have knives and it's not weird. My boys earned badges for using knives at Scouts. My girls do too. They ask for pocket knives. Not to practice killing people though. :( They use them outside in the yard all the time. Bible study is not weird. Outdoor games, target practice and water balloons is not weird imo. Combining them is a little odd. But a lot of protestant groups add in some sort of mandatory bible study for every. single. thing. But seriously my kids have pocket knives, bb guns, bow and arrows and archery targets. I think that's just party of normal outdoorsy kids life. It's actually way WAY less violent than the common video games out there where kids actually simulate killing all the time.

Carman is just a cheesy evangelical Protestant singer who has been around for forever. I grew up Protestant as well as my did my husband so we are familiar with him. But we aren't evangelical protestant any more and haven't been for a long time so I'm not terribly familiar with what this guy has done in the most recent decades.

I just read his wiki page. What in the world makes you think "huckster"?

Jesus drank wine. Religious people don’t tend to do EVERYTHING with their church, even people who are heavily involved in church. Not following religious doctrines one is ascribed to is something seen over and over again. As is religion actively indoctrinating people to have extreme beliefs. As far as I can tell, we don’t know if he did this despite his religious affiliations or because of it. That RIOT stuff looks and sounds so bizarre.

A lot of kids have knives and it's not weird. My boys earned badges for using knives at Scouts. My girls do too. They ask for pocket knives. Not to practice killing people though. :( They use them outside in the yard all the time. Bible study is not weird. Outdoor games, target practice and water balloons is not weird imo. Combining them is a little odd. But a lot of protestant groups add in some sort of mandatory bible study for every. single. thing. But seriously my kids have pocket knives, bb guns, bow and arrows and archery targets. I think that's just party of normal outdoorsy kids life. It's actually way WAY less violent than the common video games out there where kids actually simulate killing all the time.

Carman is just a cheesy evangelical Protestant singer who has been around for forever. I grew up Protestant as well as my did my husband so we are familiar with him. But we aren't evangelical protestant any more and haven't been for a long time so I'm not terribly familiar with what this guy has done in the most recent decades.

Read the part about his cancer.

Oh thank for that info on that person! I’m not going to lie, the video looked really strange/bizarre to me!

Watching the live feed now. I'm hoping they go ahead and make a statement soon. It's 3:30. I think they said sometime between 3 and 4 they would make a statement, but not seeing anything yet.

It kills me to think of what could have happened. There's a park RIGHT THERE next to his house. Like, if there would have been a bad explosion, it could have hurt SO many people. There's bars, a convenience store, other houses, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts