TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of info here : https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnas...hony-conditt?utm_term=.vp2r5KwPZL#.laKz7J2pMr

snip

Schultz 21, told BuzzFeed News that she ran in the same conservative survivalist circles in high school as Conditt.

Schultz said they were both involved in a group called Righteous Invasion of Truth (RIOT), a Bible study and outdoors group for homeschooled kids that included monthly activities such as archery, gun skills, and water balloon fights. Conditt and his younger sister would usually attend the activities along with 15 to 20 other kids, according to Schultz.

“A lot of us were very into science; we would discuss chemicals and how to mix them and which ones were dangerous,” said Schultz, who is now a house painter. “We were into weapons and stuff. A lot of us did role-playing, and RPG [role-playing games]; we’d have foam weapons and act out a battle.”

Schultz described Conditt as a "pretty normal kid." She said that a lot of children who were part of RIOT carried knives and learned how to shoot guns at gun ranges, but she didn't recall bombs or bomb-making being a specific topic of discussion at RIOT.

RIOT events also included 30 minutes to an hour of Bible study, Schultz said.

She said she attended Bible study at Conditt’s parents' home, where they would study a Bible passage and talk about how it applied to their daily lives. She described the family as “more conservative, strictly religious.”

“[Mark Conditt] always had deep and interesting insights, from what I remember," Schultz said. "He thought really deeply about stuff."

What are survivalists? And I can never understand Jesus and guns. Thou shalt not kill. Love one another. That kind of stuff. It is a mystery to me

But he doesn’t have a criminal history to post? Should we make one up for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course not but we should be calling him what he is. A domestic terrorist.

Homemade bombs found in the home.

Very expansive area closed off.

Mitigating hazards. Removing homemade bombs took most of the afternoon.

Very chilling.

You can call him whatever you want to. The media can call him what they want to. It won't change anything. It won't change the fact that he killed too many people. That's who this is really about. The people who died. Who cares what the media calls him? There are people who lost their lives.

OX14 News
‏
Verified account

@KFOX14
22s22 seconds ago
More
Exclusive from our sister-station in #Austin @cbsaustin:
Package dropped off at FedEx Office by #AustinBombings suspect sent to fake name, phony address in far South Austin
STORY: http://bit.ly/2FWKxKP

Once again, terrorism has a pretty clear definition. What political agenda was he attempting to advance? He may very well have a motive that falls under the definition of terrorism, I just haven’t seen it yet.

I had a feeling that this was a younger guy after he decided to rush his package that wasnt ready and exploded at the FedEx facility.

180321-austin-bomber-id-feature.jpg

Darn..I keep missing an MSN re sister. Sorry to ask again, can someone repost article or LE re sister. I thought it was just a rumor Getting Legs here on the threads, but it appears that it is so I just keep missing the link people are posting. Thank you

It may have been a rumor, though I won’t say it is not possible. This is what I have seen in MSM:

Gov. Abbott: Abbott said he was not aware of any public tips that had led to the arrest.
“Tips” that led to arrest warrant were video surveillance and online orders, according to the article.

See my larger post at:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ustin-Package-Bombs-2&p=14008753#post14008753

Very chilling.

What a scary and dangerous job that is. So grateful he wasn’t able to put any more of his arsenal to use. Good riddance to anyone who wants to hurt others, especially innocent, unsuspecting people. Truly a despicable person.

Very chilling.

Were these bombs in the family home, 1000 Sq. Ft. I think was mentioned??? Really!!!

Very chilling.

Agree. Family gives young son carte blanch to his own finances and doesn't monitor his spending while he still lives in the house.

download.jpeg

People have been using religion since the Roman times to validate wiping out a demographics of people before supposedly cleansing the land.

But they all were just nut jobs hoping to get a blessing for their evil ways.

The mind wants what the mind wants.

I agree totally.

I am wondering how so many religions justify having guns and hating people such as POC and LGBTQ

Any more news on the 'roommate' supposedly taken out of the house in handcuffs?

This thing strikes me as a team operation. Hard to believe he had all these bombs in the house without the other two guys knowing something was up, or participating in the whole thing.

I really hope we hear the full story.

There was a comment on his sister's FB page that stated police took another man out of the bomber's house in handcuffs and placed him in the back of an armored truck. The man had glasses and was wearing a yellow shirt.

No more details. The sister's Facebook is still up and many people have been commenting. Ugly stuff. Trolls, etc.

So happy people in Austin are safe now!

Wondering if media are already calling this "Quiet kid" "well behaved" "went to church", etc. as often happens when perpretators are not a person of color. Let's call him a criminal, a terrorist, that's what he is.

Sorry for his family, though

Just saw that the grandmother has said he was a wonderful kid from a great family, etc.
We knew that was coming at some point.

Hey grandma, he was also a serial bomber, and a pretty efficient killer.

I just heard on a news report that hey are evacuating downtown and the court building are closed also, after searching MAC home?

Austin Police Dept Retweeted
Pflugerville, TX
@PflugervilleTX
29m29 minutes ago
Pflugerville City Hall is closed. Residents have been evacuated from downtown Pflugerville west of Railroad and North of Pecan. Please stay clear of the area as agencies continue to work.

I don't think, at this point, it's reasonable to assume he targeted black people. He just picked an area, drove down the street and checked the outside of houses for cameras. When he found a street with no cameras, he picked a house that had easy access, then placed the bomb on the porch.

They outline their beliefs on homosexuality (and other things) on their website. They are against same sex marriage.

Doesn't it seem odd that they wouldn't know what he was up to?

And oddly he was against sex offender registries as too harsh a punishment for sex offenders. So odd.

Thanks. I looked on their church website which did not appear to have their beliefs.

They believe all races are ok. I was suprised to see that.

They do not believe in premarital sex but then there is that sex abuse scandal. So I guess some things are elastic.

Could be related to his pastor being accused of child abuse?

Exactly. Learning that and looking for things in the news to reinforce those ideas as lessons.

Learning that you and your family are better.

What in the heck is the justfying of sex offenders? He is rigid on other issues but forgiving of that. Has to be personal somehow. Friend, family member. Himself?

An affluent neighborhood, maybe he assumed homosexual couples lived there?
Could be, but on his social media he said he likes biking, and that kind of thing. Bomb # 4 was at an entrance to a biking, hiking trail. ( not a for sale sign)
I bet dollars to donuts he knew who he was targeting, possibly knows them through such activities, although may not have ever had direct contact with them, but knows who they are and where they live, bike, hike, walk, and what time etc.
It's so horrific, how one can hold so much hate, and poisonous bile for anyone who is not homgonous. So much that they turn into terrorist.
This is why I love quilting. When things get dark, and ugly, I can make beautiful,happy, snuggly quilts. Flawed,and imperfect, but those I make them for love them.

Not sure if that was meant to be funny....but lol.

Lol. Not like that. Lol

But the feds first praised him for his work and smartness.

And then 1 second later he runs to FedEx with a bomb.

That just told me he was too impatient and was too eager for more notoriety way too soon.

Jmo.

** If fake address, then it was meant to blow up during transit. As there would not be a place to leave it to begin with. JMHO

We have obtained the information listed on the shipping label affixed to one of the packages that the Austin bombing suspect attempted to send ... In the graphic, you can see that the package is addressed to Kelly Killmore--a fake name and likely a morbid play on words--for an address that doesn't exist. http://ktxs.com/news/nation-world/e...mbing-suspect-sent-to-fake-name-phony-address

MAC kelly killmore.JPG

Lol. Not like that. Lol

But the feds first praised him for his work and smartness.

And then 1 second later he runs to FedEx with a bomb.

That just told me he was too impatient and was too eager for more notoriety way too soon.

Jmo.

Sorry. Gutter brain.

Yes. His emotional immaturity overrode his intelligence. For sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member