TX - Austin Package Bombs #3

This kid is a terrorist, why are they not using that specific term?

I thought that article did a good job of explaining why Austin residents would feel particularly targeted for being liberal/progressive, it feels like terrorism to us, whether FBI will label it as Domestic Terrorism or not.

I agree. It's terrorism and I have family in Austin and they feel the same way. For sure!!

ETA: I meant "hilarious" in that the church would talk about sexual impropriety while mishandling assault allegations. The article was good.

I do agree that it should be considered terrorism. I felt terrorized, considering I live a mile from this dude.

I just don't want to jump on the race wagon yet, until we can figure out a more clear motive. JMO.

I tried looking and can't find anything, is there any new news regarding the roommates?

I feel bad for them. They are likely going to have to find somewhere else to live, obviously, and I'd imagine the house is likely not going to be easy for MAC's dad to rent out now.

JMO: I don't think Oak Hill was random, at all. I don't think the first two deaths, both POC, and the only deaths besides MAC, are random either.

The men in Oak Hill could have been random targets, but I don't think the location was. Oak Hill is one of the neighborhoods in Austin that is uber inclusive, and a skip away from some trendy gay bars/venues.

Just because the recorded confession wasn't a manifesto doesn't mean they won't find the reason he did it. Looking at this list bombers are never accidental, random, just did it for no reason:

Top 10 deadliest bombings on U.S. soil

Rudolph, Kaczynski, McVeigh, and Tsarnaev all had specific motivations.

Even if his targets were random I think he must have been sending a specific message.

Is his family under surveillance? Is his friends being investigated? All par for the course for a terrorist, well certain ones, maybe he'll get a pass for certain reasons

I want to hear more from the FBI experts, again no disrespect to the Chief Manley, but we need expert eyes on this.

I agree, maybe they are waiting before they classify him as such. That's what I hope.

"The United States has no federal law criminalizing acts of domestic terrorism. That’s something the FBI Agents Association, an organization that represents more than 14,000 current and former FBI special agents, would like to see changed."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ustin-bombing-fbi_us_5ab2da83e4b0decad04689fc

First, as a mother of a child on the spectrum, I would hate for people to think MAC was autistic and this is a logical place for a child with autism to end up in life. It's so far from the truth, so I really hope that wasn't intended to sound like how I read it.

Also, here is a neighbor discussing the family and MAC. I don't know if it's been posted in other threads, but it kinda hints how religious the family is.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...ber-was-quiet-normal-friends-and-12770427.php

What an interesting thing to say, and if he wasn't a member how would he know?
Homeschooled, conservative 'christian' us vs them cult. I can provide insight on a certain business, and their religious, political bent, anti gay, and distain for public schooling. Their meetings. Who they support polically,and rub elbows with. The name dropping of prominent members, higher ups, and politicians they support and visa versa ( conservative christians). How you can only get product if you join, and bring others in below you, and they do the same in turn. They lure you in by telling you don't have work hardly at all to make lots of money. But you have to attend seminar after seminar. ( Brainwashing) Live, breath, eat, everything they sell, yet not mention name of said business to 'prospects'.

I tried looking and can't find anything, is there any new news regarding the roommates?

I feel bad for them. They are likely going to have to find somewhere else to live, obviously, and I'd imagine the house is likely not going to be easy for MAC's dad to rent out now.

bbm

Everything I find is several hours old. They were both detained and questioned, one released already. No word on the other.

moo

Hopefully, the public and victims won’t just let it go that MAC was “very challenged.” The kid was a terrorist and the public has a right to know:

1) Where did he learn to build bombs? It wasn’t from library books, imho.
2) He used the internet for his blog and to buy exotic batteries - so what was his internet presence? Was he on 4chan, Reddit, etc discussing things?
3) The video manifesto. It needs to be released right now.

Hopefully, the public and victims won’t just let it go that MAC was “very challenged.” The kid was a terrorist and the public has a right to know:

1) Where did he learn to build bombs? It wasn’t from library books, imho.
2) He used the internet for his blog and to buy exotic batteries - so what was his internet presence? Was he on 4chan, Reddit, etc discussing things?
3) The video manifesto. It needs to be released right now.

There are youtube vids on how to.

I don’t think it will be released. I don’t think it should.

I agree. It's terrorism and I have family in Austin and they feel the same way. For sure!!

ETA: I meant "hilarious" in that the church would talk about sexual impropriety while mishandling assault allegations. The article was good.

No worries. I understood your comment.
Somehow the pastor gets a free pass to molest/rape a girl. Nice values!

There are youtube vids on how to.

I don’t think it will be released. I don’t think it should.

Agreed. Easy youtube has tutorials. He may have practiced for a few years.

To those in Austin that are members, I fondly recall visiting the city back in the early 90's. I told everyone that I thought it was such a great town. It was the one place that I could go on business, and feel SAFE in the downtown area going from "bar to bar", just to listen to music without the fear of getting hit on or being approached by someone that I thought was off. It was at that time, and perhaps now still, a FABULOUS town for music.... perhaps similar to those who visit New Orleans for the music.

It just had that SAFE aura about it. So innocent in that everyone there was SAFE where I was travelling solo "bar hopping" to merely listen to the music.

That is what will always be my memory of Austin....

To those in Austin that are members, I fondly recall visiting the city back in the early 90's. I told everyone that I thought it was such a great town. It was the one place that I could go on business, and feel SAFE in the downtown area going from "bar to bar", just to listen to music without the fear of getting hit on or being approached by someone that I thought was off. It was at that time, and perhaps now still, a FABULOUS town for music.... perhaps similar to those who visit New Orleans for the music.

It just had that SAFE aura about it. So innocent in that everyone there was SAFE where I was travelling solo "bar hopping" to merely listen to the music.

That is what will always be my memory of Austin....

Overall, it's a very safe city. Sure, there are "bad guys" out there, but that's any city. Random crimes are on the rise, but it's still considered to be very safe. It's actually the outside cities that are noting more crime than usual, with the influx of people from all over the place.

I feel safe more often than not... this, being so close to home (he lived a mile from me), has definitely put me on edge, mostly for my kids safety, but overall, it's not somewhere I see myself moving away from. I've been here for 29 years, and I can't imagine living anywhere else.

The Conditts lived in an old part of the town 20 miles north of Austin. They kept their children out of public schools so they wouldn't see "the bad stuff in society," said the man, who worked with Conditt's father and spent time at their home.
"It was a very 'us versus them' type of household," he said. "I'm guessing that was a catalyst that led Mark to believe what he thought."The family held regular get-togethers at their East Pfluger Street home. It was "not a cult," but may have been mistaken for one, the former co-worker said
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...ber-was-quiet-normal-friends-and-12770427.php

To settle this argument let's say
Conditts was a racist.

OK
Now what? He is a racist now what do we do?

The one and only reason we do not allow the discussion of race is because it will never end. Our moderators will lose their minds because members lose their minds posting about race.

Yes,
Conditts is a TERRORIST. He is just as bad as any terrorist from the middle east in my opinion. If you have a different opinion that's fine but I can't imagine any argument that would change my mind from my belief that Conditts is a terrorist in the same vein as a middle eastern terrorist.

Now we say he is a racist and a terrorist. Now what?

My question to you is why are you not looking into his upbringing and his religious beliefs? THAT is where he would have been indoctrinated with racism, homophobia radicalized anti-abortion beliefs and his belief of doing away with the sex offender registries

Remember a friend of his father's and someone who spent time at their house said, "It was a very 'us versus them' type of household,"

Let me make this very clear. THERE IS TO BE NO TRASHING OF RELIGION IN GENERAL. WE ARE ONLY DISCUSSING
CONDITTS RELIGOUS BELIEFS AND HIS UPBRINGING.

The quickest way to get this thread shut down is to start accusing "religion" in general of being the problem. No. This is about extremism. Extremism in any part of life is usually not a good thing.

Focus on the where did he get these beliefs.

If it is proven that his parents taught extremist beliefs to their son should they be held accountable? Everything I have read leads me to believe they in no way condoned this and are as shocked as we are.

There is enough out there where you can find out more about his religious beliefs.

Homeschooling. This is not about trashing homeschooling at all. What we need to look at is if you teach extremism and homeschool is that a recipe for disaster? I am not suggesting homeschooling is the issue. Let me repeat we will not allow anyone to trash homeschooling but when you combine it with an extreme religious belief...

Without having witnessed what goes on behind the scenes of Websleuths I'm sure it is hard to understand why we limit certain topics. Please understand Websleuths has been doing this for over 14 years. With years of experience, we know what topics are not worth shutting down the forum for and believe me talking about race in general or religion vs atheism and a handful of other topics will only bring destruction to Websleuths.

Homeschooled, conservative 'christian' us vs them cult. I can provide insight on a certain business, and their religious, political bent, anti gay, and distain for public schooling. Their meetings. Who they support polically,and rub elbows with. The name dropping of prominent members, higher ups, and politicians they support and visa versa ( conservative christians). How you can only get product if you join, and bring others in below you, and they do the same in turn. They lure you in by telling you don't have work hardly at all to make lots of money. But you have to attend seminar after seminar. ( Brainwashing) Live, breath, eat, everything they sell, yet not mention name of said business to 'prospects'.

Yeah. And I just cannot imagine, in this climate, how hard it would be to have feelings that you are different yet evil due to “others,” or are brainwashed so much you are compelled to carry out a mission.

MAC was a terrorist. The public has a right to know how MAC became one.

His video manifesto needs to be released as well as his internet presence. My guess is that he had a large one, considering he was suddenly on his own, had internet access, privacy to tinker around with bomb building, a debit/credit card, and parental funds (my guess) to support his jobless lifestyle.

“Very challenged” isn’t a justification for a terrorist.

Just because the recorded confession wasn't a manifesto doesn't mean they won't find the reason he did it. Looking at this list bombers are never accidental, random, just did it for no reason:

Top 10 deadliest bombings on U.S. soil

Rudolph, Kaczynski, McVeigh, and Tsarnaev all had specific motivations.

Even if his targets were random I think he must have been sending a specific message.

It seems relevant that he had targets on his list that he hadn't attacked. He either changed his motives in the midst of his spree or felt confident he would escape capture and continue with the bombings.

His actions make him seem emotionally immature and impulsive. While he obviously engaged in a lot of planning and careful execution, he veered off track, too, and fortunately ended up making big mistakes that resulted in revealing his identity.

ETA: I also wonder if he didn't mention a manifesto because he thought it would be clear to everyone without his having to explain it. He's wrong about that, but he may have been engaging in a little delusional thinking.

Yeah. And I just cannot imagine, in this climate, how hard it would be to have feelings that you are different yet evil due to “others,” or are brainwashed so much you are compelled to carry out a mission.

MAC was a terrorist. The public has a right to know how MAC became one.

His video manifesto needs to be released as well as his internet presence. My guess is that he had a large one, considering he was suddenly on his own, had internet access, privacy to tinker around with bomb building, a debit/credit card, and parental funds (my guess) to support his jobless lifestyle.

“Very challenged” isn’t a justification for a terrorist.

Exactly the same as if he were ISIS we would want to know where and when he was radicalized, what roles his friends and family played, if he had travelled to the Middle East, and when he became so extreme in his beliefs.

It's weird to me we've seen nothing about his internet presence or communications with his mentors. Somebody knows something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back