GUILTY TX - Police stage murders to catch couple who hired hitman - Feb 2017

Kevin Quinn
‏Verified account @imkevinquinn
5m5 minutes ago

Knecht: “Did you ever say you didn’t want to participate in this?” Jacob: “No” #leonjacob #abc13

3m3 minutes ago
Knecht: “Really any of those times you could’ve stopped, right? “ Jacob: “I guess.” #leonjacob #abc13

Adam Bennett
‏Verified account @AdamBennettKHOU
3m3 minutes ago

Prosecution replays audio of undercover officer during Olive Garden meeting talking about killing Valerie McDaniel's ex, says UCO and #leonjacob exchanged 10 separate phone calls afterwards, plus an in-person meeting at Jacob's condo where Jacob checked UCO for a wire. #khou11

3 mins ago
#leonjacob being pressed by prosecutors. Admits lengthy meeting w/undercover officer, never attempting to back out of the deal, saying, “My survival is more important” and “she needs to go”. Jacob says those statements are being taken out of context. #khou11

Joel Eisenbaum
‏ @KPRC2Joel
3m3 minutes ago

Prosecution reviewing recorded encounters between Jacob and undercover officer w prosecutor says Jacob unequivocally makes it clear he wanted his ex-girlfriend dead. Prosecutor prefers to review transcript rather than listen to audio. #LeonJacob

Kevin Quinn
2m2 minutes ago

. #LeonJacob testimony now over. Defense and prosecution have now rested. Working on charge. #abc13

Cathy Russon
‏ @cathyrusson
2m2 minutes ago

#LeonJacob - Both sides rest. Judge and attorneys going over jury instructions

Joel Eisenbaum
‏ @KPRC2Joel
2m2 minutes ago

Defense rests!.. one witness.. the defendant Jacob. Prosecutor smiling. Judge discussing the charges. Jury removed. #LeonJacob

Adam Bennett
45s45 seconds ago

#leonjacob testimony has wrapped up. Court taking a 5-minute break. #khou11

Aaron Wische
‏ @KPRC2AaronEP
2m2 minutes ago

Aaron Wische Retweeted Joel Eisenbaum

Big milestone reached in #leonjacob trial. Closing arguments to come.

Adam Bennett
17m17 minutes ago

Each side in the #leonjacob trial will get half an hour for closing arguments. #khou11

Joel Eisenbaum
‏ @KPRC2Joel
11m11 minutes ago

Jury still out of court room. Attorneys conferencing with Judge. Are we headed to closing? #LeonJacob

7 mins ago
Judge talking to jury now.. court instructions and charges read then closings then deliberation. #LeonJacob

Kevin Quinn
5m5 minutes ago

Judge Jim Wallace now reading charge to jury. Closing arguments next. Each side gets 30 minutes. Then deliberations. #leonjacob #abc13
DY_yTnWVMAAzxmM.jpg

Joel Eisenbaum
‏ @KPRC2Joel
2m2 minutes ago

Leon Jacob kicking back in his chair at the defense table as Judge explains what makes someone guilty or not guilty in this case.. Jacob faces 2 cts of soliciatation of cap murder here #LeonJacob

Adam Bennett
56s56 seconds ago

Both sides have rested in #leonjacob trial. Closing arguments starting now. Defense first. #khou11

Joel Eisenbaum
‏ @KPRC2Joel
3m3 minutes ago

Parnham closing now for defense... planting reasonable doubt seeds with Jury... addressing them directly in close proximity #LeonJacob

30s30 seconds ago
Parnham tells jury Leon Jacob "wanted her gone! (dramatic pause)... to Pittsburgh." #LeonJacob

Cathy Russon
‏ @cathyrusson
2m2 minutes ago

#LeonJacob - Defense closing argument now. Watch live: https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/leon-jacob/watch-live-leon-jacob-trial/ …
DY_0vtmVQAAgboC.jpg

Adam Bennett
2 mins ago

#leonjacob's attorney: “Never the word kill ever used, never the word harm ever used in conversations" with bail bondsman/Houston City Council Member Michael Kubosh. "Makes no sense" to go to that person if you're going to commit a crime. #khou11

1 min ago
#leonjacob's attorney: No question from anyone in the courtroom “that Leon Jacob desperately loved this girl…. You don’t kill someone you desperately love.” #khou11

Kevin Quinn
52s53 seconds ago

Defense attorney George Parnham: “Leon Jacob desperately loved this girl...and you don’t kill somebody that you desperately love.” #leonjacob #abc13

Adam Bennett
1m1 minute ago

Attorney: Everything beyond #leonjacob's initial meeting w/Kubosh “is all set up by the State of Texas” and actions of police officers. "Reasonable doubt is all over the place." #khou11

4m4 minutes ago
Attorney: Everything beyond #leonjacob's initial meeting w/Kubosh “is all set up by the State of Texas” and actions of police officers. "Reasonable doubt is all over the place." #khou11

Kevin Quinn
1m1 minute ago

Parnham: There is “reasonable doubt all over the place.” Asks jury to find #leonjacob not guilty. #abc13

Adam Bennett
37s37 seconds ago

Now it's the prosecution's turn to make their closing arguments in the #leonjacob trial. #khou11

Leon Jacob"s defence much better today. It does almost seem as if he was groomed by the undercover officer because Leon did keep saying that he didn't want anyone hurt.
He was dreadful on cross-examination yesterday,haughty and condescending but today is better for him.

Kevin Quinn
53s54 seconds ago

Prosecutor Cameron Calligan: “I suggest you you the only thing LJ is in love with us himself.” #LeonJacob #abc13

Adam Bennett
40s41 seconds ago

Prosecutor: “The only thing that Mr. Jacob is desperately in love with is himself, because that’s all he cares about.” #khou11 #leonjacob

Joel Eisenbaum
‏ @KPRC2Joel
1m1 minute ago

Defense finished. DA Prosecutors now closing. We shift from Parnham's familiar avuncular tone to something much more energetic. #LeonJacob

Adam Bennett
‏Verified account @AdamBennettKHO
5 mins ago

Prosecutor on #leonjacob : “Look at the things he did in an attempt to walk away” from his misdemeanor domestic violence case. Not the first or last time defendant has misled people. #khou11

32s33 seconds ago
Prosecutor: “There’s no question that they’re talking about people being killed at Olive Garden,” discussed several times, #leonjacob knows what the officer is going to do. "That is absolute guilt... Case closed.” #khou11

Kevin Quinn
1m1 minute ago

Calligan on #leonjacob solicitation of capital murder allegation to undercover officer: “He encourages him to do it. Offers to pay him for it. That is absolute guilt. Case closed.” #abc13
DY_5ps8VwAAcVG4.jpg

Sorry - the picture of prosecutor didn't come out....

Adam Bennett
3m3 minutes ago

Prosecutor on #leonjacob : “The last thing he says (to undercover officer during Olive Garden meeting): 'I don’t want her hurt… unless that’s the only option.'” #khou11

1 min ago
Prosecutor: #leonjacob "knew" the man he was meeting with was a hitman. Mentions potassium chloride conversation, staged robbery-gone-wrong photos of Valerie McDaniel's ex, “That’s as direct as you can get.” “He never puts a stop to any of it.” #khou11

I'm still catching up.
Leon Jacob is a dreadful witness even with his own team.
Listening to those audio tapes I think Jacob has a case for entrapment -and I started out thinking this was an open and shut case in favour of the prosecution.
If only Leon Jacob did not believe so obviously that he is more intelligent than anyone else in the world.

Thanks for all the trial tweets, Niner!

Guess we had a verdict last night! Well, daytime for you all! Remember I'm 6 hours ahead EDT! :)

Cathy Russon
‏ @cathyrusson
13h13 hours ago

#LeonJacob - Judge said they were adjourning for the weekend and called for the jury to be brought in. NOW the jury is asking for 5 more minutes. Verdict after all?

Wild About Trial
‏ @WildAboutTrial
13h13 hours ago

Jury wanted a few more minutes.. not sure if there is a last minute verdict or what. Stay tuned. #leonjacob

Joel Eisenbaum
‏ @KPRC2Joel
13h13 hours ago

Im starting to change my mind... they need another two minutes. Juries on Fridays like to wrap things up... so maybe a verdict not a recess.. Judge doesnt seem to know either. #LeonJacob #pins #needles

Kevin Quinn
12h12 hours ago

Two buzzes now from jury. #LeonJacob #abc13

Yes, I'm dragging this out for you all - suspense!

Joel Eisenbaum
‏ @KPRC2Joel
12h12 hours ago

Jury back. #LeonJacob

Joel Eisenbaum
‏ @KPRC2Joel
12h12 hours ago

Guilty #LeonJacob count 1 and count 2
Both counts of solicitation guilty. #abc13 #LeonJacob

Adam Bennett
12h12 hours ago

BREAKING: #leonjacob found GUILTY on both counts of Solicitation of Capital Murder. Jury recessing until Monday 9:30 a.m. for sentencing. #khou11

Law & Crime Network
‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork
12h12 hours ago

#LeonJacob - The jury will now decide on the penalty.. That phase begins Monday.

an article:
https://www.click2houston.com/news/...k-on-stand-as-murder-for-hire-trial-nears-end
acob's possible punishment ranges from probation to life in prison.
[.....]
Then the verdict was read and Jacob was found guilty on both counts. Jacob had no reaction as the verdict was read.
[.....]
Among those testifying in Jacob's penalty phase next week are Verikas, his ex-wife and several women Jacob is accused of having affairs with.

Stephanie Whitfield
‏Verified account @KHOUStephanie
12h12 hours ago

#BREAKING #LeonJacob found guilty of both counts of solicitation of capital murder. Jury deliberated for less than 2 hours #khou11

I knew it was that long for deliberations!! 2 hours...

Kevin Quinn
11h11 hours ago

After the verdict, defense attorney George Parnham told reporters it’s always difficult to predict how a client will be perceived when testifying before a jury. He wouldn’t tell me whether #LeonJacob testified against his advice or if it was mutually agreed upon. #abc13

and at this link: https://twitter.com/hashtag/leonjacob?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash

they have clips of Leon on the stand and closing arguments if someone missed them.

and you are all quite welcome! :eek:nline:

I still can not get over how bad Leon Jacob was on the stand. He was aggressive to his own lawyers as well as the prosecution. He was mouthing things at his team -obviously felt that they were not doing a good job. He seemed so unprepared. Was not giving the answers that even his own team needed, said things like -if that's how you want to take it- to his own team who were trying to help him. He didn't seem to get that they were attempting to lead him in a certain direction- a direction that was beneficial to him.
He had to testify I suppose but his testimony was the icing on the cake for the prosecution.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back