Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

So I guess they're just adding the APD amount and amount to get that total? Has anyone seen it officially publicized as $40,000? I can't find any updated official flyers or webpages. :( But maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

For those of you in Atlanta, are there billboards or anything like that? Are there still news segments running?

Hopefully this link works for y’all. Here are some of Tim’s publications for those interested in learning more about his work at CDC. Apologies if this has been shared already!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/?term=Cunningham+Timothy

(I think there is a different T. Cunningham in some of the results, but you can pretty easily ID his work as those articles about health disparities, behaviors, outcomes, etc. His CDC group is the Division of Population Health in the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion.)

So I guess they're just adding the APD amount and amount to get that total? Has anyone seen it officially publicized as $40,000? I can't find any updated official flyers or webpages. :( But maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

For those of you in Atlanta, are there billboards or anything like that? Are there still news segments running?

You’re right. Sorry I read the article too fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re right. Sorry I read the article too fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, no worries! That could very well be the official total! I just wondered if it was being well publicized as such in and around Atlanta. :) If so, great! If not...why?

I had to take a break from this thread for a while. Still missing? [emoji20]

Where are you, Timothy?

I live in Henry Co., approx 20 mins south of Atlanta. My daughter lives in Brookhaven/Atlanta area and I visit weekly. I have not seen any billboards about it at all. I haven't heard anything on the local news in a couple of weeks and I look daily......I can't even find any updates about it so I keep checking on here. I'm still hoping he is out there safe somewhere! I appreciate this site and the regular posts on this and the McIver case.

I live in Henry Co., approx 20 mins south of Atlanta. My daughter lives in Brookhaven/Atlanta area and I visit weekly. I have not seen any billboards about it at all. I haven't heard anything on the local news in a couple of weeks and I look daily......I can't even find any updates about it so I keep checking on here. I'm still hoping he is out there safe somewhere! I appreciate this site and the regular posts on this and the McIver case.

Thanks for the local info, gaSunshine! I was afraid of that. :(

P.S. One billboard along 75NB there in Henry Co. would hit SO many eyes per day, all going into the city. (I unaffectionately call it the Henry County Crawl.) One on the connector...even more! :eye: :eye:

Thanks for the local info, gaSunshine! I was afraid of that. :(

P.S. One billboard along 75NB there in Henry Co. would hit SO many eyes per day, all going into the city. (I unaffectionately call it the Henry County Crawl.) One on the connector...even more! :eye: :eye:
Lol...I agree, we could all just sit and stare at it:) Anytime I tell someone I'm from Henry Co., they know exactly where I live b/c of the traffic!!! We have lived here for over 30 years but definitely thinking about leaving b/c of it:(
I don't understand the lack of information about the case......

As I previously posted, I still think (and hope) Tim voluntarily left….. that he recognized his need for a long break in order to reflect on his past and his future. I believe Tim told family he was leaving.

I think the family is between a rock and a hard place. They are very worried about him, but they also want to respect his privacy.

Tim would probably be mortified to see a billboard with his photo on it as ‘missing’. The family may have met with a counselor/therapist who suggested that they give Tim the space he requested.

As I previously posted, I still think (and hope) Tim voluntarily left….. that he recognized his need for a long break in order to reflect on his past and his future. I believe Tim told family he was leaving.

I think the family is between a rock and a hard place. They are very worried about him, but they also want to respect his privacy.

Tim would probably be mortified to see a billboard with his photo on it as ‘missing’. The family may have met with a counselor/therapist who suggested that they give Tim the space he requested.
Optimistic but as believable a theory I've heard.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Hmm... If that was the case, do you think he would have told them before he left or that he would get to where he was going and then let them know at a later date? Not being sassy; I’m genuinely interested in your interpretation! I just struggle to think they would’ve done media interviews and made pleas if it were “arranged” with them from the get-go.

His case DID get national coverage at the beginning, because it’s headline-worthy due to who he is. It seems to have fizzled, as many have pointed out, but why? Because there’s just no evidence to go on? Because the police and family know where he is and he doesn’t want to be “found?” Because they suspect he left and was not kidnapped/murdered and he will be found eventually, one way or another?

Hopefully this link works for y’all. Here are some of Tim’s publications for those interested in learning more about his work at CDC. Apologies if this has been shared already!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/?term=Cunningham+Timothy

(I think there is a different T. Cunningham in some of the results, but you can pretty easily ID his work as those articles about health disparities, behaviors, outcomes, etc. His CDC group is the Division of Population Health in the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion.)

His publications are listed under TJ Cunningham so you’ll get more of his results (and pretty much only his publications) if you use that to search. The other T Cunninghams have a different middle initial.

Hmm... If that was the case, do you think he would have told them before he left or that he would get to where he was going and then let them know at a later date? Not being sassy; I’m genuinely interested in your interpretation! I just struggle to think they would’ve done media interviews and made pleas if it were “arranged” with them from the get-go.

His case DID get national coverage at the beginning, because it’s headline-worthy due to who he is. It seems to have fizzled, as many have pointed out, but why? Because there’s just no evidence to go on? Because the police and family know where he is and he doesn’t want to be “found?” Because they suspect he left and was not kidnapped/murdered and he will be found eventually, one way or another?
I wrote this: “I believe Tim told family he was leaving.”
. . . which means he told them before he left.

It wasn’t “arranged with them from the get-go”.
I think Tim told them he was leaving, but they did not approve. Therefore, that means it wasn’t ‘arranged’.
The family did media interviews because they were scared and worried.

I think the media coverage and search efforts have fizzled because his family realizes that he doesn’t want to be “found”.

The father’s comment in this video says a lot, to me, of the family dynamics prior to Tim’s ‘disappearance’:

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 6:52 AM EST
VIDEO - http://www.wbrc.com/clip/14137186/police-searching-for-missing-cdc-employee
1:04 FATHER says “Tim, we love you. There’s no reason why you can’t come back home. If there’s a certain amount of care or attention that you need, come back and we can take care of that.”

I wrote this: “I believe Tim told family he was leaving.”
. . . which means he told them before he left.

It wasn’t “arranged with them from the get-go”.
I think Tim told them he was leaving, but they did not approve. Therefore, that means it wasn’t ‘arranged’.
The family did media interviews because they were scared and worried.

I think the media coverage and search efforts have fizzled because his family realizes that he doesn’t want to be “found”.

Thanks; I understand the distinction. We can't really speculate much beyond what his parents have said to the media, but I'd be interested to go back and re-read their wording in the frame of this theory.

My follow-ups... Would LE offer a reward, organize search parties, and hold press conferences for an adult they know to be voluntarily missing? (What about if they believed him to be a danger to himself? Would they specify?) Would his parents be willing to lie to LE, at the risk of being charged with making false statements, in desperate hope of finding their son?

IMO, the first question is much more objective than the last. Again, we can't speculate too much, but they're practical things to consider with a theory like that.

Thanks; I understand the distinction. We can't really speculate much beyond what his parents have said to the media, but I'd be interested to go back and re-read their wording in the frame of this theory.

My follow-ups... Would LE offer a reward, organize search parties, and hold press conferences for an adult they know to be voluntarily missing? (What about if they believed him to be a danger to himself? Would they specify?) Would his parents be willing to lie to LE, at the risk of being charged with making false statements, in desperate hope of finding their son?

IMO, the first question is much more objective than the last. Again, we can't speculate too much, but they're practical things to consider with a theory like that.
I don’t think the parents would lie to LE, nor do I think they have lied to LE. In the first few weeks after Tim ‘disappeared’, LE likely interviewed other family, friends, colleagues, etc. It would have then became more apparent that Tim was not abducted or held hostage. So it seems LE has shifted gears as of a few weeks ago, as there hasn’t been any reported search efforts since the first weekend in March.

Tim was probably candid with several people about his decision. It is my opinion that he is mentally sound, and that he recognized his emotional crisis. His parents were probably unable to fully comprehend the crisis and therefore figured that Tim must have been coerced by someone wanting to harm him. At that time, that would have been their truth based on their thought process as protective and loving parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back