Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
RZ may have been busy or indisposed at that hour. Nina's visit took place shortly before it's believed Adam began attacking her.

Rebecca was texting with Mary at the time Nina was there, a little before 10 pm. She would have heard Nina’s call and seen Nina’s texts that she was sending. She purposely ignored her. Why would she ignore Nina when Max was in the ICU?

It's a barrier to falling since her center of mass (or gravity, if you will) was below the height of the railing. Rebecca's center of mass would have been further lowered by her hands having been tied behind her back. The SDSO images of the railing show that not enough dust was disturbed to indicate Rebecca went over the railing of her own force.

I don't recall seeing the dust detail in the images of the railing. But the SDSO images of the balcony floor show enough dust was disturbed to indicate Rebecca's bare feet were there.

She was referring to thread #2 of this series about the trial, not page 2 of this thread. Here is one post I found when I searched “Peterson” on thread #2. There are others, but this might help. Much of what has occurred during the trial has not been reported by the news.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...rage-and-discussion-2&p=14012869#post14012869

What day of this trial did Dr. Peterson testify? The media seems to have covered every day of the trial but I can't find any mention of Dr. Peterson as a witness. Either he testified at this trial or he did not. Which is it?

eta: I see a deposition is mentioned. Is that the way his testimony is entered? Thanks.

There was the “cookie” update that happened at 3 a.m. on 7/13, and then there were “numerous searches and viewing of *advertiser censored*”. In a recent interview with Trisha, Attorney Greer said that the *advertiser censored* viewing “wasn’t important” and had happened on Monday evening. Only Rebecca and her sister were there at that time. Was Rebecca planning her suicide then?

From Ann Rule’s book:

AC8B02C6-82A2-4D42-A465-D79F30301632.jpg

What day of this trial did Dr. Peterson testify? The media seems to have covered every day of the trial but I can't find any mention of Dr. Peterson as a witness. Either he testified at this trial or he did not. Which is it?

eta: I see a deposition is mentioned. Is that the way his testimony is entered? Thanks.

If you read the post Betty and I linked you would see that it was day three, during which deposition videos were played. He was not there in person, but a deposition would count as testimony, no?

ETA: I didn’t see your edit until after posting. Apparently that is how his testimony was entered, yes.

I don't recall seeing the dust detail in the images of the railing. But the SDSO images of the balcony floor show enough dust was disturbed to indicate Rebecca's bare feet were there.

Here is the photo of the dust disturbance. The small mark to the left of the rope is from the rope. The other disturbance was 11” wide - the width of Rebecca’s torso.

View attachment 132140

Here is the photo of the dust disturbance. The small mark to the left of the rope is from the rope. The other disturbance was 11” wide - the width of Rebecca’s torso.

View attachment 132140

You might want to check the photo thread at on the main page of the RZ forum. Cynic has some of the photos there with measurements included. There was too little dust disturbance to indicate RZ going over the railing. There were many, many discussions about that.

Which court document is it in? I do not recall that information at all. I don’t think it should be taken as fact unless there is a link to back it up.

Rebecca was texting with Mary at the time Nina was there, a little before 10 pm. She would have heard Nina’s call and seen Nina’s texts that she was sending. She purposely ignored her. Why would she ignore Nina when Max was in the ICU?

I could ask for a link proving that Rebecca was texting Mary when Nina was there, but for the smooth flow of the thread I won’t challenge what you say and I’ll just assume you are being fair and truthful and accept it as fact. I honestly don’t think every single statement needs a link, since there are plenty of reference threads. If necessary, I can do my own research.

Do you have a link to show that SDSO consulted with Jonah at least nine times?I have not see that in MSM. TIA

Lezah’s Post 138 on 3.16.18. She is relating the courtroom testimony in a very long post.

‘* Admitted to ‘updating JS on ongoing investigation around seven or eight times. When challenged - modified to say ‘ only to question him if I needed some info’

Appeared very sensitive when asked about protocols and why was she updating a family member with case Info, denied this was the case.’

Yah, shocking isn’t it?

Yes. Last minute. Greer fully expected Dr. Lucas to take the stand on Monday. They pulled him last minute, per Greer.

Dr Lucas and defense totally chickened out. They knew they could not withstand the cross examination by Greer! LOL

Lucas' ridiculous suicide ruling leaves all bona fide scientists laughing and curious how he passed ME licensing boards.

I could ask for a link proving that Rebecca was texting Mary when Nina was there, but for the smooth flow of the thread I won’t challenge what you say and I’ll just assume you are being fair and truthful and accept it as fact. I honestly don’t think every single statement needs a link, since there are plenty of reference threads. If necessary, I can do my own research.

BBM. I couldn't agree more. Seems to be out of the ordinary disruption on the flow of the thread by requiring a link on all things already discussed. Each person can also do their own investigation if they want to find it. This forum has been well followed in terms of TOS.

You might want to check the photo thread at on the main page of the RZ forum. Cynic has some of the photos there with measurements included. There was too little dust disturbance to indicate RZ going over the railing. There were many, many discussions about that.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I find Cynic to be wrong about many things - no offense, Cynic.

I will stick with the opinion of the SDSO. They were there and saw the railing up close - not in a photo.

You can check Rebecca’s phone records. The times of all of the calls and texts are there, should you want to see the times she spoke and texted Mary and when Nina called and texted for yourself, but I appreciate your confidence in my truthfulness.

Lezah’s Post 138 on 3.16.18. She is relating the courtroom testimony in a very long post.

‘* Admitted to ‘updating JS on ongoing investigation around seven or eight times. When challenged - modified to say ‘ only to question him if I needed some info’

Appeared very sensitive when asked about protocols and why was she updating a family member with case Info, denied this was the case.’

Yah, shocking isn’t it?

Thank you but that is hearsay. Do you have a document or MSM you can point me to? TIA

View attachment 132140

Thanks but the link doesn't work. I have no doubt, though, that RZ went over the railing. I was able to click on the link to Dr. Peterson's video deposition and he said he "was guarded" in what he shared the first two days of Max's injury. iirc, JS said he told them that Max would never be able to walk or talk again. That would have been devastating for those parents to hear. I have no doubt that JS left a tad more than "a little rough" voice mail for Rebecca and that was the trigger for her suicide.

Thank you but that is hearsay. Do you have a document or MSM you can point me to? TIA

Lezah was at court - just as I was another day. It is not hearsay - it is testimony paraphrased. Please be courteous to your fellow posters. You may be rigid in your beliefs of suicide but many of us have been here seven years digging out the truth and spending our time developing a very salient case of murder. And taking the time to be in the courtroom is laudible.

BBM. I couldn't agree more. Seems to be out of the ordinary disruption on the flow of the thread by requiring a link on all things already discussed. Each person can also do their own investigation if they want to find it. This forum has been well followed in terms of TOS.

It appears that some folks have arrived on this thread and started posting for the defense well after the start of the trial. It would be good for them to read the first two trial threads to get up to speed so they will know what’s already been posted and discussed. I haven’t seen anyone who supports the plaintiff deliberately posting falsehoods and I’ve been here for the whole trial.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member