Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was the “cookie” update that happened at 3 a.m. on 7/13, and then there were “numerous searches and viewing of *advertiser censored*”. In a recent interview with Trisha, Attorney Greer said that the *advertiser censored* viewing “wasn’t important” and had happened on Monday evening. Only Rebecca and her sister were there at that time. Was Rebecca planning her suicide then?

From Ann Rule’s book:

View attachment 132139

WOW! I wasn't aware of that and perhaps she was. Thanks for the info.

I could ask for a link proving that Rebecca was texting Mary when Nina was there, but for the smooth flow of the thread I won’t challenge what you say and I’ll just assume you are being fair and truthful and accept it as fact. I honestly don’t think every single statement needs a link, since there are plenty of reference threads. If necessary, I can do my own research.

Hi Lilibet, I do not assume the same about the maker of the statement. The truth is that Rebecca's phone records clearly show that text from NR coming in to her phone at 10:41, an hour after she stopped texting her sister. NR has consistently stated she sent it at 9:41, but doesn't matter, it *registered on RZs phone* as coming in an hour after she stopped texting her sister. There are links to the entirety of RZs phone records, but I am not going to track them down. Anyone who does will find that is the case. These things were not occurring simultaneously.

If Jonah is the wealthy one with enough influence to manipulate a multi-agency law enforcement investigation as you are suggesting, I'm baffled why he isn't a defendant in a lawsuit that accuses his brother of both rape and murder even though the brother has been cleared by law enforcement.

Easy. LE had Jonah on SURVEILLANCE VIDEOTAPES at Rady hospital and Ronald McDonald House throughout Tuesday into Wednesday. He was NOWHERE near Spreckels mansion.

This is WDS, not a criminal trial. There's no physical evidence that we are aware of showing Jonah conspiring to kill Rebecca.

You certain it was Rebecca's bare feet? Really? Where's your proof other than hearsay from SDSO's flawed report where they state the footprints "appeared" to be "consistent". Note they never measured the footprints on the balcony floor nor did they state unequivocally it was an exact match, as most LE reports in the past in other cases have done. This to me means SDLE were simply GUESSING because they wanted so badly to believe it was suicide.

Yes, I'm comfortably certain it was Rebecca's bare feet. No guessing needed. The preponderance of evidence supports my conclusion. The AR (sworn testimony) stated the prints corresponded to her soiled feet. The testimony of Det.Tsuida at trial also supports they are RZ's footprints. Also, the Plaintiff introduced no theory as to who the prints belonged to if they were not RZ's.

Rebecca was texting with Mary at the time Nina was there, a little before 10 pm. She would have heard Nina’s call and seen Nina’s texts that she was sending. She purposely ignored her. Why would she ignore Nina when Max was in the ICU?

Because Nina wasn't at the hospital and Jonah was. RZ would have been communicating with him if there were any developments. She had already spoken for quite a while with Nina earlier in the day when she picked her up at the airport. RZ was engaged in a conversation with her sister, giving her updates.

Most likely, once she finished texting with her sister, she went to take a shower and get clothes ready for herself and JS for the next day. Based on evidence & blood patterns, Keith Greer thinks RZ took her shower. Put on the towel and left the bathroom to go into the master bedroom. Something caused her to go to the bedroom door and, based on blood patterns on the carpeting, she stood there for some time talking to someone (probably Adam, he was the only other person on the property). At that point, RZ was forced down the hallway to the back bedroom. She struggled again at the door to that room where her towel was pulled off. More blood stains were found on the carpeting there in the hallway where the towel dropped. Farther into the balcony bedroom, more blood was found on the carpeting, indicated she was laying there, nude for a while, probably when she was tied up.

Greer estimates she could have been killed by 11:30 pm

spreckelsfloorplan2.jpg

Source: Tricia's podcast with Keith Greer just before the wrongful death trial began

Attachments

• Rebecca-Zahau-Scene-13-29063511_220389_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
    Rebecca-Zahau-Scene-13-29063511_220389_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 13
The authorities who actually investigated the case disagree. What you cite is the plaintiffs case, with opinions from plaintiffs hired experts. I have a different opinion...just that...an opinion.

There is no video of what happened in that room. There are only interpretations of the available evidence.

I think the biggest issue is that the authorities who came to the conclusion of suicide aren't trustworthy and it's been proven that their investigation wasn't as thorough as they want everyone to believe.

No he didn't testify in court.

Yes, sorry everyone for using improper terminology. I was referring to the deposition. It was under oath, so it seemed fair to bring it up. Thank you to all that clarified.

My point still stands, however. IMO, Dr. Peterson did not give any horrible news late at night. If he had, I believe it would have been documented in the medical records stating that he spoke to the parents (or at least JS). Given that records weren't offered as proof that there was an exchange of dire and horrible news, I believe that JS did not call Rebecca to tell her anything horrific enough to send her into a suicide tailspin. I think he was calling to see if she would answer knowing what was going down at the house. Provide himself with a little buffer.

Yes, sorry everyone for using improper terminology. I was referring to the deposition. It was under oath, so it seemed fair to bring it up. Thank you to all that clarified.

My point still stand, however. Dr. Peterson did not give any horrible news late at night. If he had, I believe it would have been documented in the medical records that he spoke to the parents (or at least JS). Given that wasn't offered as proof that there was an exchange of dire and horrible news ( my opinion is that JS did not call Rebecca to give her news horrific enough to send her into a suicide tailspin. I think he was calling to see if she would answer knowing what was going down at the house. Provide himself with a little buffer.

No worries BBL.

Yes, I'm comfortably certain it was Rebecca's bare feet. No guessing needed. The preponderance of evidence supports my conclusion. The AR (sworn testimony) stated the prints corresponded to her soiled feet. The testimony of Det.Tsuida at trial also supports they are RZ's footprints. Also, the Plaintiff introduced no theory as to who the prints belonged to if they were not RZ's.

She was hogtied at the time and would have difficulty standing, were she still alive. Check the position of her body in rigor mortis. She is in the position of being hog tied. Had she died by hanging, her body would have been straight in rigor, not bent over.

Easy. LE had Jonah on SURVEILLANCE VIDEOTAPES at Rady hospital and Ronald McDonald House throughout Tuesday into Wednesday. He was NOWHERE near Spreckels mansion.

This is WDS, not a criminal trial. There's no physical evidence that we are aware of showing Jonah conspiring to kill Rebecca.

There is no physical evidence that AS conspired, raped and murdered RZ but that didn't stop this lawsuit. If LE has supposedly colluded with Jonah, as some posters here have alleged, why is the lawsuit against just AS?

Hi Lilibet, I do not assume the same about the maker of the statement. The truth is that Rebecca's phone records clearly show that text from NR coming in to her phone at 10:41, an hour after she stopped texting her sister. NR has consistently stated she sent it at 9:41, but doesn't matter, it *registered on RZs phone* as coming in an hour after she stopped texting her sister. There are links to the entirety of RZs phone records, but I am not going to track them down. Anyone who does will find that is the case. These things were not occurring simultaneously.
]

It was confirmed through Nina’s phone records and the accounts of the other people staying at Dinas that that phone call happened at 9:41, not 10:41.

– less than a half mile from the Spreckels mansion – around 9:30 p.m. and she still didn't have the answers she was looking for. She decided to send Rebecca a text message.

"I was at my sister's house and I texted from my sister's kitchen. It was 9:41 p.m. and I have my phone records. I waited until 9:55 p.m. and I got no answer," Romano said.

Romano gave News 8 a copy of her Verizon cell phone bill showing an outgoing message to Zahau's cell phone at 9:41 p.m.For some unexplained reason, Zahau's phone records showed a time stamp indicating the text was received by Zahau at 10:41 p.m., exactly one hour later.

Both cell phones were in California at the time and in July, Arizona time is the same as California time. Zahau and her boyfriend Jonah Shacknai lived in Arizona and vacationed during the summer at the oceanfront home in Coronado.

Romano said she never received a response to that 9:41 p.m. text message, so she decided to walk to the mansion to see if she could talk to Zahau about Max's fall.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/exclusive-max-shacknais-aunt-talks-about-coronado-mansion-deaths

Here are the calls and texts on Rebecca’s phone bill that show she was there when Nina sent a text at 9:41.

FB1065E9-33D8-45F0-A83A-168963366103.jpg

She was hogtied at the time and would have difficulty standing, were she still alive. Check the position of her body in rigor mortis. She is in the position of being hog tied. Had she died by hanging, her body would have been straight in rigor, not bent over.

I'm a layman and I'll rely on the testimony from the experts. I think the jury will, too.

Why do you not accept what the Sheriff said in regard to the forensic exam of the computer:

Gore:
Who logged onto her computer in the middle of the night?
There was activity on Rebecca’s computer the day before the incident. The forensic examination of the hard drive showed the file access at about 3:00 am the morning of the event was likely a “cookie” left behind by an automated update for a tool bar.

ETA: A forensic exam would show was logged in when the cookie was left on the computer.

To me this means that prior to midnight is the day before the incident and 3 am is the day of the incident. Meaning "the day before" is the evening when AS and RZ were there.

So both computer activities would have been just a few hours apart.

There is no physical evidence that AS conspired, raped and murdered RZ but that didn't stop this lawsuit. If LE has supposedly colluded with Jonah, as some posters here have alleged, why is the lawsuit against just AS?

Actually, there is evidence for AS. He was there, the only person on the premises before RZ was killed and called 911 after "finding" her body. He was the last person to see her alive. We can keep repeating the evidence as long as needed.

To me this means that prior to midnight is the day before the incident and 3 am is the day of the incident. Meaning "the day before" is the evening when AS and RZ were there.

So both computer activities would have been just a few hours apart.

C. Keith Greer, the Zahaus attorney clearly stated the *advertiser censored* was viewed on MONDAY evening in a recent interview with Tricia.

I think the biggest issue is that the authorities who came to the conclusion of suicide aren't trustworthy and it's been proven that their investigation wasn't as thorough as they want everyone to believe.

If all of the SDSO witnesses and the ME testified and backed up their findings, in court, there would be at least something to find plausible perhaps for the defense. And Detective Tsuida did testify though it appears she was shredded on the stand. Then, poof, the ME and other investigators were pulled from testifying? It doesn't take a very good imagination to see what has happened.

Question to any lawyers: Would the county of SD lawyers decide to pull any more testimony because of how badly things were going for the defense? Were they trying to cut their losses perhaps?

I could ask for a link proving that Rebecca was texting Mary when Nina was there, but for the smooth flow of the thread I won’t challenge what you say and I’ll just assume you are being fair and truthful and accept it as fact. I honestly don’t think every single statement needs a link, since there are plenty of reference threads. If necessary, I can do my own research.

You can check Rebecca’s phone records. The times of all of the calls and texts are there, should you want to see the times she spoke and texted Mary and when Nina called and texted for yourself, but I appreciate your confidence in my truthfulness.
BBM

I’m simply trying to extend to you and model the same courtesy that I hope everyone can extend to all posters. Continually demanding links is unnecessary if we do that.

BBM

Thanks Verboten. I appreciate that information. As I said above, I hope assuming people are being truthful will set an example and end the constant cries of “link”! Perhaps I’m naive though. :)

]

It was confirmed through Nina’s phone records and the accounts of the other people staying at Dinas that that phone call happened at 9:41, not 10:41.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/exclusive-max-shacknais-aunt-talks-about-coronado-mansion-deaths

Here are the calls and texts on Rebecca’s phone bill that show she was there when Nina sent a text at 9:41.

attachment.php

I have received texts several hours after they were sent.

<modsnip>
The police consistently used the excuse that 'this is a house, there will be evidence of people here,' to justify not doing thorough analysis of the evidence, including no footprint/shoe analysis on the balcony. The bare footprints (toe prints?) were not measured or tested to see if they match Rebecca. The person who labeled that evidence testified in court that there were no heel prints. Nothing scientific here. Remember RZ's sister purportedly stayed in the room as well as all Jonah's kids being around during that week, so ... a real investigation would have determined if those prints actually matched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361