Gun Control Debate #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that he helps them gain donations. I know that isn't his intent but the outcome is was it is.

I don't think that these protest's will cause the NRA to disappear. I think it will strengthen them. JMO

ibthink cash from the gun industry strengthens them more tbh

Why is Hogg specifically the spokesperson of a gun control issue in the media? Where are the teachers, principal, students of that school voicing their opinions in the public arena on such an issue ongoingly as well?

I feel that David Hogg is helping with the fear and therefore the increase in NRA donations is not surprising. JMO

You don't think the NRA has anything to do with that fear? This is what they do and they are skilled from years of experience.IMO

Why is Hogg specifically the spokesperson of a gun control issue in the media? Where are the teachers, principal, students of that school voicing their opinions in the public arena on such an issue ongoingly as well?
Probably because the media knows that anyone who criticizes him can be shamed for trying to "silence" a child who is a victim of a mass shooting. JMO

I think that David Hogg should say whatever he wants as often as he wants. JMO

Me too. He seems to have more insight into this than most politicians. He also gets his message across, even if it upsets some of the more dainty members of society.

Have you read nothing from the NRA comments? They are ramping up the fear that ANY kind of control on guns means a total removal of ALL guns.
And the reason is simple. More guns sold and more money in their pockets from memberships and donations.
A small sample from my link post# 386

“Today’s protests aren’t spontaneous,” the NRA wrote on Facebook, referring to the hundreds of thousands of demonstrators demanding gun reforms. “Gun-hating billionaires and Hollywood elites are manipulating and exploiting children as part of their plan to DESTROY the Second Amendment and strip us of our right to defend ourselves and our loved ones.”

What they did in Australia was the buy back scheme and making semi automatic & automatic weapons illegal. And it is also very strict on how you can obtain and keep a firearms licence, with all weapons owned that have to be registered with police. If police want to do a random check on anyone they have those addresses where the firearms are kept in a supposedly locked cabinet. You can't own a pistol and keep it in your home in Aus., it has to be stored and locked up at your local pistol shooting club.

You don't think the NRA has anything to do with that fear? This is what they do and they are skilled from years of experience.IMO
I don't think they have to instill fear when there are others doing it for them. JMO

I don't think they have to instill fear when there are others doing it for them. JMO

It’s hardly a new thing for the NRA. They’ve done it for years

There are many, many posts about doing away with the 2nd admendment on this thread. People excited because retired Justice Steven's believes it should be done away with. I am talking sensible gun control. Take the illegal guns and the people illegally using them off the streets. That's sensible gun contrl to me.

And that is his opinion. Doesn't mean that anyone should worry that it will actually happen. IMO

Me too. He seems to have more insight into this than most politicians. He also gets his message across, even if it upsets some of the more dainty members of society.

But i would prefer to hear others opinions and not just his.

It’s hardly a new thing for the NRA. They’ve done it for years
Exactly. That's why I don't think they are going anywhere soon. JMO

People shouldn't be afraid. They should look at the motivation behind those in power such as the nra.
I doubt that total removal of guns will ever happen. IMO

There are many, many posts about doing away with the 2nd admendment on this thread. People excited because retired Justice Steven's believes it should be done away with. I am talking sensible gun control. Take the illegal guns and the people illegally using them off the streets. That's sensible gun contrl to me.

no, there are posts that say current gun control measure aren’t working. Maybe charging those legal gun owners that can’t be bothered to secure their guns and ammo and let children from toddler age up with murder charges because they allow the young person access to a deadly weapon would be a start. Seems like letting a young person drink alcohol underage in a bar carries harsher punishment at present

I believe SOME legal gun holders aren’t securing their guns so that even toddlers can get their hands on them and shoot themselves or others; I believe that they aren’t securing their guns and teenagers are taking them into schools; I believe that they are shooting family members because they mistake them for intruders; I believe that they are using guns to murder family members or the partner that jilted them; I believe that they are involved in petty arguments and draw their gun and shoot to try and assert their authority. I believe SOME legal gun owners shouldn’t own guns
Yes, all of those things do happen, and yes some people should not own guns. IMO making new laws is not going to stop the biggest problem of illegal guns and those that use them illegally. I believe the first steps to be made need to be made to get the illegal guns and those using them for crimes off the streets, and enforcing the laws we already have. Maybe then those of us that own guns for protection would not feel as strongly about keeping ours.

And that is his opinion. Doesn't mean that anyone should worry that it will actually happen. IMO
I am not worried it is going to happen. There is no way 37 states would vote for it, even if it made it through congress.

I admire Justice Stevens for calling for the repeal of the Second Amendment. He is being totally honest about his idea. The Second Amendment is the stopping block for effective gun control.

All of the band-aids I see proposed will not stop the criminal use of firearms. The repeal of the Second Amendment would allow the government to confiscate the guns that criminals steal and then use in criminal acts. JMO

I am not worried it is going to happen. There is no way 37 states would vote for it, even if it made it through congress.

Also we should note that the young people asking for some control of guns have never said they want a total removal of guns.
That is spin from the nra.

I admire Justice Stevens for calling for the repeal of the Second Amendment. He is being totally honest about his idea. The Second Amendment is the stopping block for effective gun control.

All of the band-aids I see proposed will not stop the criminal use of firearms. The repeal of the Second Amendment would allow the government to confiscate the guns that criminals steal and then use in criminal acts. JMO

Wouldn't a repeal mean no guns for anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member