CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this. We homeschool our kids and are relatively free range. We garden and have chickens. I can’t imagine not letting my 12 year old walk a couple blocks with her friends to spend her own money that she earned on whatever trash food she wants. I’d rather them get it out of their systems and like my almost 18 year old, realize that home cooked food from real ingredients is more flavorful and doesn’t make you feel awful like fast food often does. The Hart kids were not young and should have had some autonomy in their choices. I’ve even seen people saying things like teens think they need more food than they actually do, they only thought they were hungry!? At 15-16 years old, barring something like Prader-Willi syndrome a person knows if they are hungry or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some friends with children adopted from an orphanage who will binge eat till they vomit. Well one of them still does, but the others have moved past it. But their mom will warn a friend or teachers etc. They are not prohibited from eating junk food. It's a terrible idea to restrict the diet like that of a child who already has issues with food insecurity. You don't forbid them foods so much they start begging from the neighbors. But even if you did you wouldn't flee from CPS because your child was binge eating and begging chips and soda from the neighbors. You'd talk to CPS and explain. And the kids should have a physician and most like a psychiatrist who could easily verify this.

Which makes me wonder...were these kids seeing a psychiatrist? Did they have a physician? Can anyone really vouch for them that knew them in real life?

I wasn't saying they drove off the bridge. The road curves after the bridge, and the straight line goes to the end of the first turnout where they went off. So if thy kept going in a straight line after passing over the bridge, they'd go exactly to where they went off. Hope that helps.

(Not that I think they went off in that manner by accident. I was just pointing out the curvature of the road in relation to the point they went off at the end of the turnout in response to another poster).

Well, were they went over the cliff is about 75 feet away from the road. So if they missed a turn they were off the road for about 75 feet before going off the cliff. I just don't see how this could be an accident.

Well, were they went over the cliff is about 75 feet away from the road. So if they missed a turn they were off the road for about 75 feet before going off the cliff. I just don't see how this could be an accident.

It's also hard for me to imagine that the driver just happened to fall asleep at that spot in the road and drove 75 ft off the road and then off the cliff. It would seem rather coincidental to be on the run and then fall asleep at just that point in time.

How often does a car go over the edge in that area?

I’m thinking, maybe they went into the woods somewhere, and left the 3 Kids and the dogs there. It’s too much of a coincidence to me, who was found at the crash site, and who wasn’t. I’m still holding out hope that they are lost, and will be found alive. IMO

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/st...bors-vary-family-killed-cliff-fall/469702002/

At first, this sounded somewhat far fetched, but this article mentions that the Harts liked to take spontaneous camping trips. There are 3 kids and 2 dogs missing and no luggage found. What if they did leave the 3 kids and the dogs at a remote camping spot then left to get food or supplies somewhere?The kids might not be able to hike out or got lost. Would anyone even be considering this possibility and go looking for them?

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/st...bors-vary-family-killed-cliff-fall/469702002/

At first, this sounded somewhat far fetched, but this article mentions that the Harts liked to take spontaneous camping trips. There are 3 kids and 2 dogs missing and no luggage found. What if they did leave the 3 kids and the dogs at a remote camping spot then left to get food or supplies somewhere?The kids might not be able to hike out or got lost. Would anyone even be considering this possibility and go looking for them?

I hope they are considering ALL possibilities, unless they know for sure they were all in the SUV when it went over the cliff.

You would think that if the dogs were in the car and drowned that they would have been washed up on the rocks by now?
>snip<

They certainly wouldn’t be the first dogs washed out to sea without a sign on the Northern California coast.
The tide goes out and doesn’t return everything when it comes back.
These are not the kind of beaches you would swim, it is far too treacherous.
Also, bodies will sink, and then resurface as they collect gases.

Well, I think here's an aspect of this case maybe we all can agree on. . .:moo:

How miraculous was it that their vehicle was actually spotted by someone? When I was watching the footage, it took me a few seconds to separate the dark undercarriage of their SUV from the surrounding rocks and cliff, and I knew exactly what I was looking for!

Articles have mentioned (and I think it's also apparent watching the footage) that the cliff is practically 90 degrees, so to spot the vehicle, you'd have to be very close to the edge while peering down towards the shore.

Has anyone come across an article that includes an interview with the person(s) who called it in? I'm always interested in those sorts of "back stories" about a person --who could have been any one of us-- being in the right place at the right time to discover something that others may have overlooked.

Then why wouldn't the parents tell the neighbors that?

"Hi, when the kids came here looking for food, you have them food that we don't want them to eat. If they come again, please send them home . We had just had dinner but they wanted soda and chips like you had given them before."
That's what most would do. Did I read somewhere they saw CPS come knock ( The Hart's) and then they fled? I read one article that eluded to that so if that's true I'd definitely say this isn't an accident my only question is if her wife knew of her plan to drive off the cliff. But MSM varies so much with their reports I could be mistaken and they left for some other reason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

How often does a car go over the edge in that area?

I’ve been here almost 10 years and two locals, that I know of, have died around my area that way since I’ve been here.
One was in Bodega Bay and one in Jenner.
The guy in Jenner was going too fast, I am friends with his mother, it was a tragic accident.
The girl in Bodega Bay was 17 and they don’t know why she drove over a cliff at 7:30 one morning.
One wrong move on the Pacific Coast Highway and you’re dead.
My hands are always sore after driving it, from clutching the wheel in hyper alertness.

I’ve been here almost 10 years and two locals, that I know of, have died around my area that way since I’ve been here.
The guy in Jenner was going too fast, I am friends with his mother, it was a tragic accident.
The girl in Bodega Bay was 17 and they don’t know why she drove over a cliff at 7:30 one morning.
My hands are always sore after driving it, from clutching the wheel in hyper alertness.
I've never been close to CA but the area looks absolutely gorgeous but I'd be too frozen in fear to drive through there I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It&#8217;s a beautiful drive but better to be a passenger.
As long as you have a good driver you trust won&#8217;t kill you.

"Hi, when the kids came here looking for food, you have them food that we don't want them to eat. If they come again, please send them home . We had just had dinner but they wanted soda and chips like you had given them before."

How do we know that they didn&#8217;t have this interaction?
Did the family that reported tell the parents that the child had come for food?

Hypocrisy.

They protest against social injustice but can't even treat their own kids fairly.

I have a feeling it was a show. A performance. A ticket to fame. Ultimately perhaps some kind of expression of narcissism. Not any actual concern about or belief in anything.

I think bad people can use a chosen ideology as a cover or an excuse for their desire to do something bad (not necessarily just violent, but also controlling or domineering in some way). That goes for people anywhere on the political spectrum, and for people from any 'religion' or belief system.

ETA And this could indeed be an accident, very much so, reading about the road. But it probably happened because they were on the lam running from CPS, were probably panicked and overtired. Negligence was involved here imo.

I think it's an interesting coincidence that it is the children of the one family and the children that have been the confirmed abuse victims that are missing. Sure, it really could be a coincidence, and their bodies could simply be missing in the ocean. But I think it's enough of a coincidence that other possibilities should be considered, which I'm sure LE are considering, or have considered..

This is becoming so far-fetched (not you unsinkable, but this whole line of thought). The neighbors saw reason to call CPS because Devonte kept begging for food. I doubt they'd have felt that way if he had said 'eww keep the sandwich and give me some nachos'. If the neighbors had only given the kids candy and snacks because that's what the kids asked for, I doubt they'd have felt the need to call CPS because denying your kids soda and candy is hardly child abuse.

I’m trying to catch up after a long day, they haven’t found the three missing kids have they? I saw some news articles about going off the cliff with all six kids but didn’t know if they had proof of that that I wasn’t aware of.

Being from the area originally (Sonoma County, Forestville and Sebastopol to be exact) I can attest to the fact that the drive is indeed a bit terrifying sometimes. I think as locals we become pretty familiar with the roads (Goat Rock was a cave beach as a kiddo) so I do think that those unfamiliar with the stretches of road are definitely at a disadvantage. That being said, I still firmly feel this wasn’t accidental, so far. So sad.

How do we know that they didn’t have this interaction?
Did the family that reported tell the parents that the child had come for food?

I'm making assumptions. I was thinking that since the deKalbs mentioned that the Harts came to their house to apologize after the daughter went to the deKalbs asking for help, the families might have been communicating with each other.

It seems like when CPS showed up, the Harts ran. If friends knew the situation was a child asking for food the parents forbid, why not tell the neighbors and CPS?

I&#8217;m trying to catch up after a long day, they haven&#8217;t found the three missing kids have they? I saw some news articles about going off the cliff with all six kids but didn&#8217;t know if they had proof of that that I wasn&#8217;t aware of.

AFAIK, the 3 kids are still missing.

Wanted to clarify some facts.
The first set of adopted siblings, in 2006, was MH, AH, and HH.
The second set of adopted siblings,in 2009, was DH, JH, and SH.

The three children found are MH, AH, JH (2 from 2006, 1 from 2009)
The three children missing are DH, HH, SH (1 from 2006, 2 from 2009)

I've seen it reported that one sibling group is missing, one found, so just wanted to keep that straight.
sources: http://www.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/2018/03/for_devonte_and_his_siblings_p.html and http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/03/hart_family_deadly_crash_a_tim.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23