Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

I don't mean to argue at all. Just give insight on the area.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

I apologise for any offence I may have caused I just don't want to get the thread shut down. Thank you to all of you for caring about Liam.

I don't know if I believe Liam is definitely in the water surely he would have surfaced and been seen by now.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...waterday-single-best-kept-secret-fund-search/

attachment.php

Best Kept Secret is also available in Play Store for those who are not using iPhone.

Here is a very gritty account of prostitution in Germany. Warning: it's gritty, and gritty language and sexual references are used. Proceed with caution.

The point of posting this is to call out the victims in prostitution. The women. They are not doing this type of work because it's fun having sex with drunk strangers, but because they are desperate and exploited in one way or another. Putting an "entertainment" wrapper around prostitution areas with restaurants, theaters, sports bars still doesn't change what it is. These are desperate areas of exploitation for very desperate women. Many were abused as children, or are drug addicted, or both.

This exploitation does not limit itself to women, but is far more prevalent. Germany is by no means the only country that has such exploitation of women, but it is the country we are discussing due to this case.

This is human exploitation. Period. Nothing entertaining about that.

http://www.spiegel.de/international...lity-of-prostitution-in-germany-a-902533.html

May I ask where is the relation between prostitution and and Liam? I don't get the point of discussing prostitution now....

May I ask where is the relation between prostitution and and Liam? I don't get the point of discussing prostitution now....

There is no established relationship but rehtnap has indicated "its a red light area described as amsterdam without the coffee bars but rougher". While this should not lead to generalized discussion of prostitution in Germany, it is okay for members to speculate or theorize to some degree that, based on the geographic location, Liam could possibly be a victim of human exploitation within the trade. It is not based on any other known fact, so if the convo goes too far off, it will become OT.

There is no established relationship but rehtnap has indicated "its a red light area described as amsterdam without the coffee bars but rougher". While this should not lead to generalized discussion of prostitution in Germany, it is okay for members to speculate or theorize to some degree that, based on the geographic location, Liam could possibly be a victim of human exploitation within the trade. It is not based on any other known fact, so if the convo goes too far off, it will become OT.

it all started cos we speculated on him having had a spiked drink and how common that is.and it can actually cause memory and mental problems longer lasting than people may think.....all that was been pointed out this is a higher risk area...not sure how we drifted off to prostitution...think someone spiked my coffee:scared:

Liam's family and friends have done an outstanding job of getting the word out, posters, etc.
I'm praying for an Easter miracle for this family.
BTW, I took it upon myself to listen to Liam and his group....he really *is* a talented voice.
Liam, time to be found!

PORT OF HAMBURG: Welcome to the official website of Germany's biggest seaport
Around 9,000 ship calls per year, almost 300 berths and a total of 43 kilometers of quay for seagoing vessels, more than 2,300 freight trains per week, four state-of-the-art container terminals, three cruise terminals and around 50 facilities specialized in handling roro and breakbulk and all kinds of bulk cargoes, along with about 7,300 logistics companies within the city limits – these are just a few of the factors making the Port of Hamburg to one of the world's most flexible, high-performance universal ports. 136.5 million tons of cargo crossed the quay walls of Germany's largest seaport in 2017. That included around 8.8 million standard containers (TEU). Hamburg is accordingly the third largest container port in Europe and in the 18th place on the list of the world's largest container ports.

https://www.hafen-hamburg.de/en/

HHReeperbahnHafen.jpg

I apologise for any offence I may have caused I just don't want to get the thread shut down. Thank you to all of you for caring about Liam.

I don't know if I believe Liam is definitely in the water surely he would have surfaced and been seen by now.
Have to disagree on this, even though I hope everybody thinking he‘s still walking around somewhere prove me wrong. The German HSV Manager (Timo Kraus) who vanished last year after a night out drinking surfaced 11 weeks after he vanished (and it wasn‘t as cold as it has been this year). Low water temperatures are a big factor.

Just fyi: It actually snowed in Hamburg again today. Didn't stick though.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Have to disagree on this, even though I hope everybody thinking he‘s still walking around somewhere prove me wrong. The German HSV Manager (Timo Kraus) who vanished last year after a night out drinking surfaced 11 weeks after he vanished (and it wasn‘t as cold as it has been this year). Low water temperatures are a big factor.

bbm I found this page which has an interesting chart indicating when bodies float up depending on temperature:

http://www.pawsoflife.org/Library/Trailing Water/body_float_info.pdf

Victims that have drowned in 30 -40 degree water will not surface until water warms.

That's below 4 degree Celsius.

bbm I found this page which has an interesting chart indicating when bodies float up depending on temperature:

http://www.pawsoflife.org/Library/Trailing Water/body_float_info.pdf

Victims that have drowned in 30 -40 degree water will not surface until water warms.

That's below 4 degree Celsius.
Very interesting, thanks! From PDF:
Victims that have drowned in 30-40 degree water will not surface until water warms.
Current water temperature is 5,3 °C (about 41-42 degrees Fahrenheit).
Victims that are 100 feet or deeper may not surface at all due to the combination of pressure and temperature.
The Elbe has a depth of approx. 15 m (50 feet). The water level varies between low and high tide.

Here‘s a chart with Elbe temperatures this month measured in Hamburg:
72fee41d8503519ba421834f50777afe.jpg

Source: http://undine.bafg.de/elbe/guetemessstellen/elbe_mst_seemannshoeft.html

<modsnip>I refuse to even think about that. :notgood: :notgood:
I know. [emoji53] I hope for better news, too, but maybe it&#8216;s better to be prepared for any possible scenario and not be in denial while still exploring other possibilities. The theory he&#8216;s out there with memory loss seems less likely, but I think it&#8216;s what we all wish for his family and friends.

Assuming (prayerfully) that Liam is still amongst us, I am going to continue with this notion that he is suffering from some confusion as a result of a drugging, head injury, or associated medical episode.

If he is confused and wandering, what would he anchor on to? What would look safe an familiar? Based on the descriptions of his life, it would be either the post office, or a bar where he could hear music of his genre being played.
I would make a special point of asking the postal service and local musicians to keep an eye out.
In many cities, there are places where local musicians congregate and play on the streets. This would be a good place to look as well.

Prayers for Liam and his family. I'm not giving up hope....at all. Doubling down on a positive outcome.

anyone know what exactly the UK police are doing, are police Scotland still in Germany?

Very interesting, thanks! From PDF:

Current water temperature is 5,3 °C (about 41-42 degrees Fahrenheit).

The Elbe has a depth of approx. 15 m (50 feet). The water level varies between low and high tide.

Here‘s a chart with Elbe temperatures this month measured in Hamburg:
72fee41d8503519ba421834f50777afe.jpg

Source: http://undine.bafg.de/elbe/guetemessstellen/elbe_mst_seemannshoeft.html

Thanks for that chart! That means only in the past few days have water temperatures in the Elbe risen high enough (above 4 C) to allow a body to surface. (Although there was a little spike in temps for a few days two weeks ago, maybe not long enough?) If he is in the Elbe, he might come up soon.

ETA: Just saw on the same website that there was also a spike in temperature for a few days (up to 6 C) about a week after he went missing. Shouldn't he have surfaced then?

o2geh_wtemp_365d_seh_kl.png

Thanks for that chart! That means only in the past few days have water temperatures in the Elbe risen high enough (above 4 C) to allow a body to surface. (Although there was a little spike in temps for a few days two weeks ago, maybe not long enough?) If he is in the Elbe, he might come up soon.

ETA: Just saw on the same website that there was also a spike in temperature for a few days (up to 6 C) about a week after he went missing. Shouldn't he have surfaced then?

View attachment 132282
Based on the PDF, it takes 14-20 days at 40 degrees (6 C is 42.8 F), so a few days wouldn‘t be enough. There are also other factors like body fat, clothing & footwear, food consumption and probable entanglement that can play a role.

Based on the PDF, it takes 14-20 days at 40 degrees (6 C is 42.8 F), so a few days wouldn&#8216;t be enough. There are also other factors like body fat, clothing & footwear, food consumption and probable entanglement that can play a role.

Oh you're right! I forgot about that part.

So that's brings us back to, if he's in the river he might surface in a couple of weeks, if temps continue to stay above 4 C and he's not entangled/trapped somehow.

How wonderful it would be for Liam to be found today, on Easter. Wherever he is, he may be drawn to church, if only out of instinct.

Liam, we haven&#8217;t given up on you! You will be found!
Determined prayers continue

Oh you're right! I forgot about that part.

So that's brings us back to, if he's in the river he might surface in a couple of weeks, if temps continue to stay above 4 C and he's not entangled/trapped somehow.

It's absolutely awful to think of Liam under the water. I was wrong to dismiss this being a possibility I did not know enough about it. Thank you everyone for your informative posts and for caring about Liam.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back