Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Basically the only new information that I gave was the following," Meeks told the Herald-Banner Monday evening. "Our phone expert was able to trace Mr. Chambers cell phone to the middle of the two-mile bridge going from West Tawakoni to East Tawakoni. He told us that Mr. Chambers left around 2:30 pm on the day that he went missing. The phone signal stopped in the middle of the two-mile bridge over Lake Tawakoni. He informed us that the signal only traveled 2.5 miles an hour. We determined that at that speed he had to be on a bicycle. The speed was too fast for walking and of course too slow for a vehicle. Investigators went back to Mr. Chambers shop and found a bicycle missing from his shop. We have had two different dive teams to search the area under water and nothing was found."

The statement did not specify whether Chambers was believed to have jumped from the bridge, or what may have happened to the bicycle, lthough Meeks said he may have given that impression to the interviewer on the radio.

"I misspoke on that, because I don't know that," Meeks said. "I don't have any evidence to indicate that."

[...]

A small amount of blood was located in a workshop at the residence, but there were no signs of a struggle and Meeks has said it is unclear whether Chambers was injured and walked away from the shop seeking help or was forcibly taken from the building.

http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/up...cle_0eebdba0-36c3-11e8-9e4d-2bbb09068ecf.html
I had absolutely no idea that a phone signal could tell authorities the mph movement of a phone.

The more I know!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

So , Mr . Chambers rode a bicycle two miles from his home and jumped off a bridge with his cell phone AND a bicycle. Yea right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And he rode the bike WITH BAD KNEES !!

Nope

And wouldn't his body have eventually surfaced and washed to shore?

Someone would have seen him ride his bicycle that far! And jumped in the middle of the day?? Not buying it myself.

Does anyone have a picture of Two-Mile Bridge? Would it even be feasible to jump from the bridge or to fall off the bridge on a bicycle? Is it a car bridge and a pedestrian bridge?

Nope

2.5 mph is more like a walking speed and it may have just been the phone going over the bridge bc it was evidence.

Does anyone have a picture of Two-Mile Bridge? Would it even be feasible to jump from the bridge or to fall off the bridge on a bicycle? Is it a car bridge and a pedestrian bridge?

If it’s the bridge I’m thinking it is, I don’t recall an area for a pedestrian to ride along side. IMO

It is the only road across Lake Tawakoni which is a very large lake I think. I just don't see how someone would not have seen him in the middle of the day.

Also, it looks like it isn't that far down and would not have killed him. It doesn't even look as high as a high diving board at a pool. I might be wrong tho.

I have a picture but don't know how to get it on here! it would take 1 hour and 45 minutes to ride a bike there. Very narrow bridge. Someone would have seen him!

https://goo.gl/maps/xdWHAoZeQ1B2

So even if he was riding a bicycle on that bridge, someone should have seen him go over the railing of the bridge or if a car hit him, someone should have seen that happen. And even if the body didn't surface, where's the bicycle? The air in the tires would have made the bike float to the surface eventually I think. That happened in the Mickey Shunick case. They found her bicycle floating in a swamp after the bike was dumped there.

One more thing.......What man who is kind enough to go buy his cheating wife mascara that morning, would leave his family behind without a word? He is too kind to put his family through that sort of grief. He would have left a note for someone.

If there is any truth to this phone info at all I would guess it was his phone being thrown from the bridge. Imo

I wish one of the family would come here and tell us if there is really a bicycle missing.

Nope

For some people, riding a bike is easier on the knees than other forms of exercise. I recall GWBush with his bad knees, for an example.

For some people, riding a bike is easier on the knees than other forms of exercise. I recall GWBush with his bad knees, for an example.

Yes. I have horrible knees and I can a bike better than walking and definitely better than eliptical. Can’t do inclines though.

Wow wow wow! If anyone believes this for one second I’ll scream!!!! Nice way to bring up a missing bicycle now after a year and cellphone pings we never ever ever heard of before! I can’t imagine what his poor children are thinking!!!! I’m baffled and pissed frankly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48