Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't sleep and reading back. Did anything ever come of this? Is this the same "person in mind" you've been mentioning recently?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I’m less confident than I was previously.

I learned last night that the known last call to Sherrill at or about 11:15 PM there was yet another call made afterwards by an unknown person.

That could have the perp making arrangements to come over to the house.

That call should have been on the answering machine but the public statements have said the tape had been erased. That is the official story.

The other official story was that the perp’s whereabouts were unknown between 9PM and 6AM. The obvious POI had no alibi for that time.

The crime was likely committed in Webster County. There was a lot of drug activity in that area during that time.

I haven’t ruled out the individual I had strong suspicions, however.

I learned last night that the known last call to Sherrill at or about 11:15 PM there was yet another call made afterwards by an unknown person.

That call should have been on the answering machine but the public statements have said the tape had been erased. That is the official story.

The other official story was that the perp’s whereabouts were unknown between 9PM and 6AM. The obvious POI had no alibi for that time.

The crime was likely committed in Webster County. There was a lot of drug activity in that area during that time.

Thanks for your insight.

I went & read several of the smaller threads in this case last night and they were very helpful. I would encourage other newcomers to do the same, especially about the various suspects. I feel a little less in the dark about it all.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

That's a really interesting piece of information. I've been fascinated by this case, initially from afar since first seeing the Disappeared episode, maybe 4 or 5 years ago - and at that time I was of a similar age to both Suzie and Stacy and found myself simultaneously terrified but also intrigued by what could have happened to the women.

It's only quite recently that I am leaning more towards the possibility that perhaps too much focus was put on Suzie's behaviors and mixing with a questionable crowd. I've had a ton of theories, as I'm sure many who stumble upon this case undoubtedly do, but when I think about the circumstances and the timing of the crime, I can't help but think perhaps Sherill, believing that her daughter would be at a friend's place for the night (and would have been out for most the following day), invited someone over to the residence - or was paid a visit, of course completely unaware as to how dark the intentions of this person(s) truly were.

Going back to my earlier post about Stacy's car on the driveway, and from everything I have read about her, she seemed to be quite a low-key individual. Not the most popular girl in school, but a pretty, friendly individual who I think we can conclude probably wasn't running with the wrong crowd for most of high school. And according to her mom, she wasn't hanging out with Suzie that much, or at least not staying over at her place.

So for this crime to work, the circumstances had to be just right. But the timing would appear to align with Sherill (initially) being the main target. Home alone, daughter graduating - and not expected to return that night. The "choice" of graduation night raises so many questions, as do so many aspects of this case, but why did it have to take place that Sunday? And why at their home, of all places. Apologies for the skewed rambling, but I think after some recent processing, I would say I'm beginning to believe this crime started prior to the girls arriving at Delmar Street - and from then, there was no turning back.

Two sources provided the information about the second call. The first one is well documented.

It is plausible that the kidnapper was in the house when they arrived and in Sherrill’s bedroom when the girls arrived.

One of the puzzling questions is how that dog was constrained. I’m purely speculating here that the kidnapper allowed Sherrill to take the dog with her, took it from her and then tossed it back the house leaving the door unlocked. The van seems likely.

That's a really interesting piece of information. I've been fascinated by this case, initially from afar since first seeing the Disappeared episode, maybe 4 or 5 years ago - and at that time I was of a similar age to both Suzie and Stacy and found myself simultaneously terrified but also intrigued by what could have happened to the women.

It's only quite recently that I am leaning more towards the possibility that perhaps too much focus was put on Suzie's behaviors and mixing with a questionable crowd. I've had a ton of theories, as I'm sure many who stumble upon this case undoubtedly do, but when I think about the circumstances and the timing of the crime, I can't help but think perhaps Sherill, believing that her daughter would be at a friend's place for the night (and would have been out for most the following day), invited someone over to the residence - or was paid a visit, of course completely unaware as to how dark the intentions of this person(s) truly were.

Going back to my earlier post about Stacy's car on the driveway, and from everything I have read about her, she seemed to be quite a low-key individual. Not the most popular girl in school, but a pretty, friendly individual who I think we can conclude probably wasn't running with the wrong crowd for most of high school. And according to her mom, she wasn't hanging out with Suzie that much, or at least not staying over at her place.

So for this crime to work, the circumstances had to be just right. But the timing would appear to align with Sherill (initially) being the main target. Home alone, daughter graduating - and not expected to return that night. The "choice" of graduation night raises so many questions, as do so many aspects of this case, but why did it have to take place that Sunday? And why at their home, of all places. Apologies for the skewed rambling, but I think after some recent processing, I would say I'm beginning to believe this crime started prior to the girls arriving at Delmar Street - and from then, there was no turning back.

"It's only quite recently that I am leaning more towards the possibility that perhaps too much focus was put on Suzie's behaviors and mixing with a questionable crow"
------------------------
My main theory is that the crime committed to prevent Suzie from testify but I also keep on open mind and I think that your theory that perhaps Sherrill was the target is possible,
there are 2 reasons for that:1. When I read about the case I also asked myself why it happened specifically very soon after Suzie's graduation ceremony
, if we go the the first theory ... that the crime happened to prevent from Suzie to testify , a crime committed by criminals from higher league who had some connection to the graverobbers, then why they waited to the graduation ceremony?? why not to commit the crime few days before or few days after? this thought brings me to your current theory that maybe Sherrill was the target!

If we go with the second theory ( Sherrill as the target) ,The ones who planned the crime didn't want Suzie ,it's like they knew and waited that suzie will be out of the house ,in parties! Suzie and stacy were not supposed to leave and go to Susie's house,
but when they came back maybe the perps were already there!

And when I add the dramatic information by Missouri Mule regarding the second call to sherrill very late at night, then the theory of sherrill as the target becomes very strong possibility, definitely not less stronger than the first theory ( Suzie as the target or Suzie and Sherrill together as the target)

If the second theory is the right one, then I think that they tried to prevent Sherrill from doing something,maybe she had some knowledge regarding bad person or persons and she wanted to do a good thing and tell what she knew ...(or Maybe it was for another reason) ,the perps had to kidnapped Suzie and Stacy when they came by surprise, I do think we are talking about perps and not just one.

Two sources provided the information about the second call. The first one is well documented.

It is plausible that the kidnapper was in the house when they arrived and in Sherrill’s bedroom when the girls arrived.

One of the puzzling questions is how that dog was constrained. I’m purely speculating here that the kidnapper allowed Sherrill to take the dog with her, took it from her and then tossed it back the house leaving the door unlocked. The van seems likely.

"Two sources provided the information about the second call. The first one is well documented."

This is very Interesting/dramatic information! another part in the Puzzle/

I've never come across any information about the content of the phone call Ms Levitt had with her friend that late Saturday. I might be the minority opinion here but 11:15 at night seems late to just call and have a chat even on a Sat night. Does anyone here even know who that friend was? Obviously something had to be pressing. Add that to Suzzee being upset and wanting to "just come home" during and after her graduation ceremony still makes me believe there was some serious friend/family drama in the making. Whomever made that second phone call and came over, the dog knew.

I remember hearing that Suzie was upset during the graduation - maybe there was something underlying that she couldn't talk about, perhaps she didn't feel safe or it could have simply been the stress and uncertainty that can sometimes come with the elation of graduating. I don't think we'll ever know for sure, sadly. I came across this photo of her taken in the home prior to the graduation parties - her best friend Nigel Holderby is in it with her. It's undoubtedly been shared here before. Heartbreaking to see this knowing the context in which it was taken, and of course what later followed that night.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/qxkklp/picture154750444/alternates/FREE_1140/IMG_9118

I do think Sherrill was the target. It's interesting to think that Suzie wasn't expected home and that's why Sherrill was targeted that particular night. The dog thing really baffles me. I think we determined that the dog was actually shut behind the bathroom door. If these were hardened criminals or someone that didn't know the family, then why even protect the dog? Weird. Also, I don't believe the police when they say the messages were erased from the answering machine. They can lie and keep info from the public for when they finally have suspects to see what they really know. I think after this much time they have a good idea who did it just not enough evidence to charge them. Also no bodies presents a problem.

I do think Sherrill was the target. It's interesting to think that Suzie wasn't expected home and that's why Sherrill was targeted that particular night. The dog thing really baffles me. I think we determined that the dog was actually shut behind the bathroom door. If these were hardened criminals or someone that didn't know the family, then why even protect the dog? Weird. Also, I don't believe the police when they say the messages were erased from the answering machine. They can lie and keep info from the public for when they finally have suspects to see what they really know. I think after this much time they have a good idea who did it just not enough evidence to charge them. Also no bodies presents a problem.

This is excellent question ,The dog thing baffles me too, It is very strange to think that those criminals committed horrible crime but they didn't hurt the Dog, even by taking the risk of barking in the neighborhood which could risk them?? I also think that at least one of the perps was known by the family. If we think about it the Dog knew exactly who were the criminals who kidnapped Sherrill, Suzie and stacy.

Cinnamon in the bathroom makes me think Sherrill, Suzy and Stacy might have gone to eat at George’s.

Cinnamon in the bathroom makes me think Sherrill, Suzy and Stacy might have gone to eat at George’s.
I thought Cinnamon had a doggie door ? I am thinking Cinnamon was in the bathroom because the women didn't want Impulse Control Problem/s to get any more upset. Jmo

I thought Cinnamon had a doggie door ? I am thinking Cinnamon was in the bathroom because the women didn't want Impulse Control Problem/s to get any more upset. Jmo
I'm thinking something along these lines also. It's quite likely that she was purposely put in there by one of the women for protection, as I'm sure she wouldn't have been quiet during those moments. The other possibility is that the Cinnamon was placed in the bathroom by the perp, as I'm sure that her persistent barking would have drawn attention to the home once they had left - especially since she had access to the backyard. Killing the dog would've no doubt crossed the minds of many sick and depraved individuals, but that would've completely gone against everything discovered in the house the following day.

If the messages weren't erased the caller's voice could be matched up with one of the persons of interest. I believe they were erased which just throws another wrench into the mix.
It does seem odd for the dog to be shut up in the bathroom...wish dogs could talk.

Some people care more about dogs than people. Not hurting the dog makes total sense to me. We'll never know how the dog reacted to who ever was there but treating the dog better than the people who lived there isn't that surprising and I wouldn't look to far into it as a clue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i didn't mention garrison.....

stop deflecting away in hope you wont be held accountable for the lies you throw around here.

you stated."
I do not believe they were involved. I have had extensive discussions with one of them and I've seen no inconsistencies
"
I just posted it above.

now you ignore my query about these "so called"discussions.

starting to see a picture here and pattern .
I can only assume that everybody else spent time on this forum has seen it too.
Hey, k-mac.......I sent you a private message.
Please pick up. Thank you.

Who said Cinnamon was in the bathroom? For all we know Cinnamon could have went out the doggie door, and hid in the back yard until the perps left.

Who said Cinnamon was in the bathroom? For all we know Cinnamon could have went out the doggie door, and hid in the back yard until the perps left.
Well I've heard both ways...that Cinnamon was shut behind bathroom and others have said she(?) was loose in the house. Don't know for sure. You know in a case that has so little clues, sometimes it's the small things like this that can lead them in the right direction.

I think, IMO, if Sherrill put the dog in the bathroom it says a lot about who was in that house. She invited someone in and put the dog up to avoid someone's annoyance. This obviously narrows the suspects.

If the dog was loose, then likely they were surprise attacked and taken by force.

Also they obviously have phone records that night and know who called the house. If the messages were in fact erased then they lose out on content, which I'm sure they wished they had.

I don't believe they went anywhere or planned to. Clues at the scene indicate they were getting ready for bed. Their cigarettes were left by the bed, something Sherrill and Suzie was said to have always had with them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I posted a lengthy and detailed discussion about the dog on another site. For reasons unknown, the post was pulled. The fact is that photos of the back door clearly showed that only a small dog could exit that door leading a reasonable person to believe that it was in the bathroom. However, Yorkies are infamous for their barking and self destructive ways. I had one and gave it back to the animal adoption agency because of its barking and behavior toward strangers.

Janelle states the dog was loose in the house and jumped up to meet her when she arrived. That is plausible in that she could have seen the dog when Sherrill lived in the apartment before she bought the house. But that is unclear. Maybe she was and maybe she wasn't. We haven't been told.

I just find it more than passing curious that an entire post, with no profanities or attacks on anyone would be pulled by someone in authority because I was discussing a pet dog. Just very odd.

In looking at the photos, it appears that the small doggy door was in a storm type door. That would imply that there was a regular door behind it.

That leads me to the possibility that that door was closed preventing the dog from getting outside the house. If it were a stranger, that dog would have been barking its head off. If, as stated in the profiler's view, entry or some method of getting the women out of the house involved someone well known and trusted. I'm purely speculating that Sherrill had the dog in her arms when she left and it was taken and then tossed back into the house and the door closed unlocked. That would be my surmise.

The only place I have seen that it was said to be in the bathroom was said to the the overseas military "Stars and Stripes." Janelle says when she opened the door the dog immediately jumped into her arms very scared and shaky or words to that effect.

A very reliable source said to me that there was DNA found in the house but it didn't lead anywhere. Most was connected to the women. However, if a person who had visited the house had DNA in the house that would explain why it would be there. Why did the police believe it was a matter of sexual assault? Things are not adding up.

Does anybody have a link to Cinnamon heard barking at 1:30 am by a neighbour ? I can't find it. I know sexual assault was thought to be the primary motive in 2009 and Sherrill being the target .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288