Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will admit, and some of you know, that I have always thought suicide was an option. If there had been an authenticated note, or they'd found his body, or his wife had come out and said that, heck at anytime over the past YEAR, I might have been swayed.

But we can poke a dozen holes in this, at least.
The bridge was 'around' 20 miles away. Meeks stated that he was going 2.5 MPH, and that is why they figured out he was on a bike. So, if you are only going 2.5 MPH and you have 20 miles to go, that would take 8 hours! This man with bad knees was out riding his bike for 8 hours and nobody saw him? That'd mean he was still hours away from the damn bridge when the police were called.

Questions:
1. Who told LE there was a bike missing? More importantly, WHEN did they learn this?
2. I'd love to know if BC has sat down with his children and told them 'her theory'?
3. Did she tell them about this missing bike long ago?
4. Did she tell them about his depression?
5. Was he on meds for depression? If he was so down that he was suicidal, and someone knew that he was deeply depressed, surely he'd have been put on meds, seen a counselor, etc? Or if he refused, his loving wife would surely have reached out to his children for help, right?
6. If he was depressed and if she knew it, why would she not have checked in on him during the day? Especially on her first day leaving him alone to go back to work?
7. Why wait until now to bring up the bike to the public? That would have been a GREAT item for searchers to look for, right?
8. If he was so unhappy with her that he'd end his life, don't you think he'd have changed his will to see to it that she didn't get every single penny like she did?

I think they can now miraculously find his body. And of course it will be too far gone to declare cause and manner of death. So, everyone is off the hook.
All explained and wrapped up with a pretty bow. Made of money.

ETA: All of the above is IMO. Just wanted to add that. :)

I concur.. IMO also of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the article posted March 22, 2017 about dogs alerting on a spot at
FM 2101 and Deer Lake RD. about 500 yards from Chambers home but lost the scent due to heavy traffic.

http://www.klif.com/2017/03/22/new-search-for-missing-retired-dallas-firefighter-underway/

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Is it possible he could have taken back roads?

I wonder how long his bike had been hanging in the shop. Certainly the tires needed air. Did he mess with the chain and somehow cut himself?

Just thinking aloud. Gotta find the bike.

Is it possible he could have taken back roads?

I wonder how long his bike had been hanging in the shop. Certainly the tires needed air. Did he mess with the chain and somehow cut himself?

Just thinking aloud. Gotta find the bike.

Suzy says she hasn’t even known him to ride a bike. If no one has seen him ride a bike, how do they know one is missing? BC?

Suzy says she hasn’t even known him to ride a bike. If no one has seen him ride a bike, how do they know one is missing? BC?

We'll, someone has to know about a bike. Maybe his 2 son's? Surely they would know.

Not 2 miles. Meeks was saying he rode to the 2 mile bridge. That bridge is 17 miles from the Chambers home

17 miles at 2.5 miles per hour would be almost 7 hours.......not possible. Sheriff Meeks didn't do his math! Thank you Midge Montana for pointing this out! I was going by google maps at 1.5 to 2 hours. That would have put him at the bridge with 5 o'clock traffic.I just don't see this as a plausible scenario. I am on the fence with suicide. Learned that lesson on the Leanne Bearden thread.

Are there any locals who know if a jump off the bridge would kill someone? It doesn't look that far down.

The latest story... Interesting. I guess someone stirred up a hornets’ nest:
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/l...las-firefighter-not-a-done-deal/287-534725166

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From the above link: BBM

Sheriff Randy Meeks told radio station KLRD-1080 AM on Monday he believed the 70-year old grandfather jumped off a bridge into Lake Tawakoni after reviewing cell phone data.
Haines did confirm that investigators tracked Chambers' cell phone from his home northeast of Quinlan to the bridge over Lake Tawakoni, at a speed just over two miles per hour.

We'll, someone has to know about a bike. Maybe his 2 son's? Surely they would know.

Possibly, but his two sons are in their 30s and don’t live with him. My son lives with me and doesn’t know half the things I own or when I throw it out. I don’t assume even BC goes in that shop (probably hardly ever) on a daily basis to know if and when a bike that I’m assuming he never rode is missing.

17 miles at 2.5 miles per hour would be almost 7 hours.......not possible. Sheriff Meeks didn't do his math! Thank you Midge Montana for pointing this out! I was going by google maps at 1.5 to 2 hours. That would have put him at the bridge with 5 o'clock traffic.I just don't see this as a plausible scenario. I am on the fence with suicide. Learned that lesson on the Leanne Bearden thread.

Are there any locals who know if a jump off the bridge would kill someone? It doesn't look that far down.

One local said the drop is about 10 feet and would not kill a person.

Possibly, but his two sons are in their 30s and don’t live with him. My son lives with me and doesn’t know half the things I own or when I throw it out. I don’t assume even BC goes in that shop (probably hardly ever) on a daily basis to know if and when a bike that I’m assuming he never rode is missing.

We'll, someone knew because Meeks sent investigators back to his shop to look to see if the bike was missing.

Or, he may have been assuming he was on a bike because of the speed but I agree with another poster...2.7 mph
is a nice, possibly brisk walk.

One local said the drop is about 10 feet and would not kill a person.

But wasn't there remnants of the old bridge still in the water? I guess it would depend what you landed on.

https://www.quinlan-tawakoninews.com/node/3291

I found this article in reference to the old bridge. It states that all remnants of the old bridge were to be removed in order for it to be donated to a local man. So I’m assuming there is nothing under the water. There are also boat ramps and a public park on one end of the bridge. The area seems to be heavily traveled daily.

But wasn't there remnants of the old bridge still in the water? I guess it would depend what you landed on.

This is a fair point, but on the flip side I would think more likely for him to be found at the time? Interested in what others think on this.

I've been following this case for months, almost willing the new post #s to be high when I log in. Even though (IMO) this is just ridiculously bizarre, perhaps it will bring the case back into the public eye in a way that will attract new eyes and attention. How great would it be for this to backfire & break the interest in this case wide open!

I don't think he took his life, but I also think it shouldn't be ruled out at rhis point. That said, I'm quite confident in my opion that Meeks is full of ****. If PaPaw did cause his own disappearance, he didn't do it that way.

MOO & oink oink & all that...

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Michael's daughter Suzy was interviewed by Channel 5 in Dallas today regarding Meeks' statement.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Investigators-Missing-Firefighter-Committed-Suicide-478589533.html

From the link:
Losoya says she first heard of the suicide theory in media reports on Monday and doesn’t believe it’s a likely explanation for her father’s disappearance.

Disgusting. Heartless. A whole bunch of other words I cannot type here.

Thank you, KeepTheLightOn, for this link and video. Well-stated too, Midge Montana. Agree with everything you said.

Wow. Very impressed with Suzy, his daughter, in the video. Such compelling words spoken by her!

So proud of her for speaking her firm beliefs about her father.

Paraphrasing, she said she has thought of every possibility over the last 13 months, but never once considered that he could have committed suicide. Not one time. She does believe he is dead but not from suicide. She believes he was harmed.

After the reporter states that Suzy has hired a private investigator who's been working the case since October, Suzy then says:

"I think the truth is going to turn out to be much different than what we're hearing today."

She speaks with such conviction it makes me so hopeful that the P.I. is on the right track.

Suzy, if you're reading here, I want to thank you for consenting to the interview. You are an amazing woman and your father would be so proud of you!

Also want you to know that I believe I speak for everyone when I say we are standing strong with you!

We will never quit. We will never accept this travesty of justice, or anything less than the truth.

We all extend our deepest sympathy to you and your family as you struggle with this latest cruel indignity in your search for justice for your father...

Thank you, KeepTheLightOn, for this link and video. Well-stated too, Midge Montana. Agree with everything you said.

Wow. Very impressed with Suzy, his daughter, in the video. Such compelling words spoken by her!

So proud of her for speaking her firm beliefs about her father.

Paraphrasing, she said she has thought of every possibility over the last 13 months, but never once considered that he could have committed suicide. Not one time. She does believe he is dead but not from suicide. She believes he was harmed.

After the reporter states that Suzy has hired a private investigator who's been working the case since October, Suzy then says:

"I think the truth is going to turn out to be much different than what we're hearing today."

She speaks with such conviction it makes me so hopeful that the P.I. is on the right track.

Suzy, if you're reading here, I want to thank you for consenting to the interview. You are an amazing woman and your father would be so proud of you!

Also want you to know that I believe I speak for everyone when I say we are standing strong with you!

We will never quit. We will never accept this travesty of justice, or anything less than the truth.

We all extend our deepest sympathy to you and your family as you struggle with this latest cruel indignity in your search for justice for your father...

Midge Montana, KeepTheLightOn and JazzTune: Well put, and I agree!

I'm so confounded :( I try to always give someone the benefit of the doubt- for instance, re: Sheriff Meeks. I've always believed him to be a long-time friend of MC's, and yes, it's frustrated me no end he's done no updates for a year. I'd like to know about the timeline of the missing bike, too, and when the cell phone movement was figured out. I've assumed that BC has been the main, and perhaps only, contact person for Meeks and his detectives. If so, it'd be left up to her who else she shares info from HCSO with, if she even has gotten any. We don't know how the family dynamics are today, but of course it would have been so much better if Meeks had given a head's up to all immediate family. I just don't know enough to condemn him, or anyone else, yet.

That missing bike/suicide theory did tie things together for me, as much as I wish it didn't. I wholeheartedly agree that a bike on that bridge in broad daylight would be noticed, but then again, no one saw ANYthing that day. If I'd seen a large, mature man riding on or near that bridge, I doubt I'd think it particularly odd. No one saw a person or persons moving a body, or forcing MC into a vehicle, or anything out of the ordinary. I see older folks on bikes now and then and never think it odd at all. Sixteen or seventeen miles isn't impossible for a 70 yr. old to do, even with bad knees, if he's otherwise in good shape. Is it likely? Maybe not, but it would all depend on his purpose.

Is Meeks a bad man? Are his deputies corrupt and bad? I don't live there, so I don't know. Somewhat incompetent, for sure. I think BC felt from pretty early on that MC harmed himself, but she may be the only one in the family who does, though we also don't know that for sure. I don't want it to be true, and I do think efforts will not stop until there's just no where else to turn. I want HCSO to get right out there and search that water, as safely as it can be done, and as thoroughly as it can be done. I AM thrilled that people are talking again, and brainstorming!

I'm so confounded :( I try to always give someone the benefit of the doubt- for instance, re: Sheriff Meeks. I've always believed him to be a long-time friend of MC's, and yes, it's frustrated me no end he's done no updates for a year. I'd like to know about the timeline of the missing bike, too, and when the cell phone movement was figured out. I've assumed that BC has been the main, and perhaps only, contact person for Meeks and his detectives. If so, it'd be left up to her who else she shares info from HCSO with, if she even has gotten any. We don't know how the family dynamics are today, but of course it would have been so much better if Meeks had given a head's up to all immediate family. I just don't know enough to condemn him, or anyone else, yet.

That missing bike/suicide theory did tie things together for me, as much as I wish it didn't. I wholeheartedly agree that a bike on that bridge in broad daylight would be noticed, but then again, no one saw ANYthing that day. If I'd seen a large, mature man riding on or near that bridge, I doubt I'd think it particularly odd. No one saw a person or persons moving a body, or forcing MC into a vehicle, or anything out of the ordinary. I see older folks on bikes now and then and never think it odd at all. Sixteen or seventeen miles isn't impossible for a 70 yr. old to do, even with bad knees, if he's otherwise in good shape. Is it likely? Maybe not, but it would all depend on his purpose.

Is Meeks a bad man? Are his deputies corrupt and bad? I don't live there, so I don't know. Somewhat incompetent, for sure. I think BC felt from pretty early on that MC harmed himself, but she may be the only one in the family who does, though we also don't know that for sure. I don't want it to be true, and I do think efforts will not stop until there's just no where else to turn. I want HCSO to get right out there and search that water, as safely as it can be done, and as thoroughly as it can be done. I AM thrilled that people are talking again, and brainstorming!

Google him. Some interesting tidbits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members