Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting for reference:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking

“Although walking speeds can vary greatly depending on many factors such as height, weight, age, terrain, surface, load, culture, effort, and fitness, the average human walking speed at crosswalks is about 5.0 kilometres per hour (km/h), or about 1.4 meters per second (m/s), or about 3.1 miles per hour (mph). Specific studies have found pedestrian walking speeds at crosswalks ranging from 4.51 kilometres per hour (2.80 mph) to 4.75 kilometres per hour (2.95 mph) for older individuals and from 5.32 kilometres per hour (3.31 mph) to 5.43 kilometres per hour (3.37 mph) for younger individuals;[2][3] a brisk walking speed can be around 6.5 kilometres per hour (4.0 mph).[4] Champion racewalkers can average more than 14 kilometres per hour (8.7 mph) over a distance of 20 kilometres (12 mi).”

https://www.livestrong.com/article/413599-the-average-bike-riding-speed/

“In 2006, the city of St. Petersburg, Florida, installed bike riding lanes on two of its streets. During his study of the effects of the bicycle lane installation, senior research scientist William Hunter and his team found that the average speed of the bicycle riders was between 11 and 12 mph before the bike lanes were installed. The lanes were monitored periodically over a two-year period after their installation, and the researchers found that the average speed remained consistent.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If someone else drove MC's truck home, they could have used the bike to get back to their vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

From the above link: BBM

Sheriff Randy Meeks told radio station KLRD-1080 AM on Monday he believed the 70-year old grandfather jumped off a bridge into Lake Tawakoni after reviewing cell phone data.
Haines did confirm that investigators tracked Chambers' cell phone from his home northeast of Quinlan to the bridge over Lake Tawakoni, at a speed just over two miles per hour.
That is a normal walking speed, not even power walking but faster than the post Thanksgiving stroll. I can believe his cell phone last pinged at a bridge, that would be a good way to get rid of it. But this story just lends more fuel that someone staged his suicide.

Sheriff Randy Meeks will be interviewed on the Hunt County Theft Reports FB page at 3:00 today.

https://www.quinlan-tawakoninews.com/node/3291

I found this article in reference to the old bridge. It states that all remnants of the old bridge were to be removed in order for it to be donated to a local man. So I’m assuming there is nothing under the water. There are also boat ramps and a public park on one end of the bridge. The area seems to be heavily traveled daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Recheck this article re the bridge. It stated it was dangerous for divers because of left over concrete and rebar from the previous bridge.

https://krld.radio.com/articles/new...-retired-dallas-firefighter-committed-suicide

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Recheck this article re the bridge. It stated it was dangerous for divers because of left over concrete and rebar from the previous bridge.

https://krld.radio.com/articles/new...-retired-dallas-firefighter-committed-suicide

Geez, so which is it? Do we believe an article that was written before this excuse was necessary, or did something fall through with the man getting the remnants of the old bridge?

"Policy states that all parts of the old bridge must be removed from the lake, so as it is dismantled much like the way it was built — one beam and column at a time — they are hauled and unloaded on his property off FM 513, a couple of miles north of East Tawakoni in Hunt County."

So, was policy not followed, after all? (Would not surprise me.)

Geez, so which is it? Do we believe an article that was written before this excuse was necessary, or did something fall through with the man getting the remnants of the old bridge?

"Policy states that all parts of the old bridge must be removed from the lake, so as it is dismantled much like the way it was built — one beam and column at a time — they are hauled and unloaded on his property off FM 513, a couple of miles north of East Tawakoni in Hunt County."

So, was policy not followed, after all? (Would not surprise me.)
Whether he was thrown over the bridge or jumped from the bridge, the phone guy said that was the last place the phone pinged.

I always felt that the reason he hasn't been found (if in the lake) is because
his body is wedged under something.

So regardless how he may have gotten there, (or if he is there) it definitely warrants another look.

"Basically the only new information that I gave was the following," Meeks told the Herald-Banner Monday evening. "Our phone expert was able to trace Mr. Chambers cell phone to the middle of the two-mile bridge going from West Tawakoni to East Tawakoni. He told us that Mr. Chambers left around 2:30 pm on the day that he went missing. The phone signal stopped in the middle of the two-mile bridge over Lake Tawakoni. He informed us that the signal only traveled 2.5 miles an hour. We determined that at that speed he had to be on a bicycle. The speed was too fast for walking and of course too slow for a vehicle. Investigators went back to Mr. Chambers shop and found a bicycle missing from his shop. We have had two different dive teams to search the area under water and nothing was found."

The statement did not specify whether Chambers was believed to have jumped from the bridge, or what may have happened to the bicycle, lthough Meeks said he may have given that impression to the interviewer on the radio.

"I misspoke on that, because I don't know that," Meeks said. "I don't have any evidence to indicate that."

[...]

A small amount of blood was located in a workshop at the residence, but there were no signs of a struggle and Meeks has said it is unclear whether Chambers was injured and walked away from the shop seeking help or was forcibly taken from the building.

http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/up...cle_0eebdba0-36c3-11e8-9e4d-2bbb09068ecf.html

( BBM )

Does the Sheriff's Department think the public is not too bright? How else to explain making that ridiculous statement that 2.5 miles an hour is too fast for walking?! How did they say that with a straight face?!!

I'm female, older, petite, and walk 3 miles in an hour easily. That's up and down a hilly park. I'm not a fitness geek either. Just a regular, every day person.

I don't know what Michael's walking speed was but as a former Dallas fire fighter, he had to meet stringent fitness and strength requirements.

I can't imagine that he would have become that out of shape. Can't envision that a walking speed of 2.5 mph would have been too fast for him.

Another thing, he was tall. My husband is that height and because his stride is longer, I have to take many more steps to keep up with him, since I'm so petite.

My husband's not a fitness geek either. He's also older too, close to Michael's age, but he has to keep slowing down his faster walking speed to allow me to keep up with him at my 3 mph pace.

Of course, if they admitted that it was​ possible he was walking, they would have to come up with a plausible explanation for him walking the 17 miles distance to the lake. That would have been a tough one for them.

As for the bicycle, that statement is just as goofy. As others have pointed out too, a person could not keep a bicycle upright and balanced going only 2.5 mph. It would just keep falling over.

So they must think we really are not very sharp. How else to explain their absurd statements?

Surely all these glaring discrepancies will not escape the producers of the upcoming Disappeared episode on Michael.

His family deserves so much more than this mess...

JMO

IMO, the phone data is useless if you don't have the actual route taken AND without knowing if there were stops (possibly long stops) along the way. As others have said, a best case, shortest route scenario from the house to the bridge would take at least 6.5 hours at a constant speed of 2.5mph. Stopping along the way changes everything. Hopefully the PI has the route info. I know one of the articles said the phone left the residence at 2:30pm. Did they ever say what time it went over the bridge?

IMO, the phone data is useless if you don't have the actual route taken AND without knowing if there were stops (possibly long stops) along the way. As others have said, a best case, shortest route scenario from the house to the bridge would take at least 6.5 hours at a constant speed of 2.5mph. Stopping along the way changes everything. Hopefully the PI has the route info. I know one of the articles said the phone left the residence at 2:30pm. Did they ever say what time it went over the bridge?

I'm wondering if there was a back way to get to the bridge on foot. "The way the crow flies" kind of thing.

So is anyone searching the water for Pawpaw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried Google Earth. If he had a little motor boat, he wouldn't be far.

https://earth.app.goo.gl/wa4gU

If you go on the bridge, it appears to be the old one but the pilings for the new lanes looks like they are being laid. Anyway, the Lake looks like a dang ocean from the railing.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Is anyone watching the live interview of Sheriff Meeks? He said that he 100% believes there was no chance of foul play. He also said he was not aware that a death certificate was issued. He said "something" was issued, but he didn't know if it was a death certificate, and said that he didn't have the authority to sign one anyway.

I believe this is the first time we've heard someone allege that Chambers was depressed. Interesting that it coincides with the first mention of this 2 mile bridge suicide theory.

And...IF he was suffering from said depression, than why did they not issue a silver alert? The reason given was because he didn't meet the criteria. Why the sudden change of story?

I believe this is the first time we've heard someone allege that Chambers was depressed. Interesting that it coincides with the first mention of this 2 mile bridge suicide theory.

Thanks, I agree with you. I deleted my post though about the article, because I thought perhaps I was being too unfair and judgmental. Not objective enough. I can get tunnel vision at times...

By the way, welcome to WS!! So glad you decided to post. Looking forward to more of your posts too...

:welcome:

https://www.firehouse.com/safety-he...d-dallas-firefighter-michael-chambers-suicide

I decided to post this article again anyway. ( This was in the post I had deleted. )

Since a few people who had posted after me made mention of Michael's severe depression stated in this article, I didn't want those posts to be pulled for lack of a MSM link.

From the link it states:

"We checked the shop where the blood was found and there is a bicycle missing that was hanging on the racks above the shop," said Meeks, who added that Chambers had been suffering from severe depression but declined to provide further details."

"...Chambers family was reached by KRLD and said they disagree with the sheriff's assessment that the firefighter took his own life."

I had never read prior to this that Michael was suffering from severe depression.

I will leave it at that, because the other comments I made ( and deleted ) earlier were not very objective at all...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member