CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of another case where a couple murdered their family, together?
I don’t, but realize there’s also a first time for everything.

Domestic Violence: Reasons Why Battered Victims Stay With the Batterers

I found this while I was searching around. I think there have been similar cases (involving religion) but I don't have links for those handy.

-A Utah couple and their three children who were found dead in their home last fall overdosed on drugs after the parents told friends and family they were worried about the apocalypse, authorities said Tuesday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/28/utah-family-murder-suicide/22452053/

The policeman picture bugged me at the time because he was SO young and in Portland surrounded by white people. I knew nothing about the family but I didn't like that the parents put him in the middle of all that. The thing I remember most was thinking "Portland?"

I had an aversion to the picture when it came out, and I was bothered that it bothered me. But now it's clear what the problem with the picture is: Devonte's expression doesn't match the circumstance. He's not just a little tearful and overwhelmed by the situation--he's agonized. His desperately sad expression doesn't fit the heartwarming message that photo is supposed to convey. I mean, I have no idea why he could have been crying, but I know the picture didn't make me feel good.

Thanks for the photos and your lovely words.
They are truly beautiful pictures.

But here it comes: the children´s smiles seem strained even back then.
And what is the obsession with hats, sunglasses (not here, but in MANY photos) and costumes?
Were they subconsciously trying to hide the features of the children? Didn´t they like their faces?
Look at the video of D dancing in his underwear with a giant fish-hat on his head. You can´t see his face at all, he could as well have been wearing a mask.

To me it feels like they treated the kids like dolls. Barbies they could dress up depending on what mood they were in or what game they wanted them to play. They were always so match-y, too, as if they never got to pick out their own clothes.

He was the "star" of the family, the "free hugs" boy from a horrible background (according to Jen) that was saved by these wonderful loving women. IMO he was chosen because he "fit the suit"-to borrow a Brady Bunch quote. Black, looked like Trayvon, "if Obama had a son.
The policeman picture bugged me at the time because he was SO young and in Portland surrounded by white people. I knew nothing about the family but I didn't like that the parents put him in the middle of all that. The thing I remember most was thinking "Portland?"

I think he became the star the moment he was photographed hugging a cop with tears in his eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this while I was searching around. I think there have been similar cases (involving religion) but I don't have links for those handy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/28/utah-family-murder-suicide/22452053/

That’s pretty weird that the mom in that one struck up a friendship, years before, with some guy in prison for killing his sister in law and her baby...with his brother, her husband. A case of two brothers commiting familial murder together.

And what is the obsession with hats, sunglasses (not here, but in MANY photos) and costumes?
Were they subconsciously trying to hide the features of the children? Didn´t they like their faces?
Look at the video of D dancing in his underwear with a giant fish-hat on his head. You can´t see his face at all, he could as well have been wearing a mask.

What we would other benefits of keeping the children looking skinny and younger than their actual ages?

I'll be honest, I don't see the strained smiles in most of the pictures. And heavens knows I have pictures where my kids looked less than excited because they were tired, annoyed or just caught a weird moment. Most of the pictures I share on social media are posed vs spontaneous (though I have plenty of those on my phone, too). And we have drawers full of scarves, hats, glasses, etc because my kids love to accessorize and dress up. I think there was a lot of hinky stuff going on in that house and I do feel that those poor kids were being paraded around due to parental narcissism but I'm not reading much in the pictures.

They dressed normally at other times. I feel like they wanted the kids to stand out at the rallies.

People dress up for festivals in all kinds of crazy colorful clothing, it’s part of the fun.
I’ve seen other families with matching shirts at festivals too, so they can more easily find each other.

All of that is pretty standard, for decades, for millions of festival goers.

That is pretty much what I said. And I think turning around and walking off without a word could be accurately described as "walking off in a huff."

Actually I'm the OP and I abridged the conversation because this is a web crime community not an adoption forum, so I didn't go into detail. I said to a woman who was buying a lot of natural hair product (which I LOVE using on my kid's hair) Ours ran out and I can't get more cause it was home made by a salon and the salon is out of business I said, "I have a black daughter, do you like that hair product because I'm trying to find a new product for her hair." The woman responded "what grade is her hair?" I answered "4B which is thick and curly. The woman then responded, "your child is black?" and I said "Yes, she is," and then the woman turned around with her friend, took her bag from the clerk at the check out and left without answering the question. She didn't huff, but she didn't say anymore to me either...when I was kind and just asked a question about the product.

But it wasn't the only time we've experienced that. A woman yelled at me to "get my hands off my kid" when I was holding her hand crossing the street, "I said it was okay, I was her mom" and she yelled back "you will never be."

A clerk at Target asked whose baby was my stroller, was it my foster baby? I said, "no she's my daughter," The woman responded, "you people shouldn't be allowed to raise MY baby" the baby was not hers, she was the clerk at Target. I was my daughter's adoptive mother. I picked up my daughter (nine months a the time) and walked out, leaving all my stuff still in the cart.

So remarks from the Black community happen, however it was my black social worker and friend who got me the services I needed to help my daughter and she was the one I reached out to first to get some help...it was a very hard call, but I'm glad I made it. It was my black friend who found the beautician who is helping me with my tenderheaded kid's hair, but she's raising a white son so she gets it..

I think being a lesbian couple raising black kids may have caused more stress for this already tenuous and stressed out family.

I'll be honest, I don't see the strained smiles in most of the pictures. And heavens knows I have pictures where my kids looked less than excited because they were tired, annoyed or just caught a weird moment. Most of the pictures I share on social media are posed vs spontaneous (though I have plenty of those on my phone, too). And we have drawers full of scarves, hats, glasses, etc because my kids love to accessorize and dress up. I think there was a lot of hunky stuff going on in that house and I do feel that those poor kids were being paraded around due to parental narcissism but I'm not reading much in the pictures.

I agree. But I do spot it in videos. Have you looked at Jen’s YouTube channel?

They are always matching though. It’s expensive to do that. And the clothes in the Sarah’s 37th Birthday Adventure are Hannah Anderson clothes. Not cheap and not sold at Kohl’s.

Actually I'm the OP and I abridged the conversation because this is a web crime community not an adoption forum, so I didn't go into detail. I said to a woman who was buying a lot of natural hair product (which I LOVE using on my kid's hair) Ours ran out and I can't get more cause it was home made by a salon and the salon is out of business I said, "I have a black daughter, do you like that hair product because I'm trying to find a new product for her hair." The woman responded "what grade is her hair?" I answered "4B which is thick and curly. The woman then responded, "your child is black?" and I said "Yes, she is," and then the woman turned around with her friend, took her bag from the clerk at the check out and left without answering the question. She didn't huff, but she didn't say anymore to me either...when I was kind and just asked a question about the product.

But it wasn't the only time we've experienced that. A woman yelled at me to "get my hands off my kid" when I was holding her hand crossing the street, "I said it was okay, I was her mom" and she yelled back "you will never be."

A clerk at Target asked whose baby was my stroller, was it my foster baby? I said, "no she's my daughter," The woman responded, "you people shouldn't be allowed to raise MY baby" the baby was not hers, she was the clerk at Target. I was my daughter's adoptive mother. I picked up my daughter (nine months a the time) and walked out, leaving all my stuff still in the cart.

So remarks from the Black community happen, however it was my black social worker and friend who got me the services I needed to help my daughter and she was the one I reached out to first to get some help...it was a very hard call, but I'm glad I made it. It was my black friend who found the beautician who is helping me with my tenderheaded kid's hair, but she's raising a white son so she gets it..

I think being a lesbian couple raising black kids may have caused more stress for this already tenuous and stressed out family.

Yikes. Thank you for the posting the expanded version. I am sorry I assumed something that wasn't true.

That is pretty much what I said. And I think turning around and walking off without a word could be accurately described as "walking off in a huff."

I understand better. Thanks for the clarification [emoji1476]

Very staged. There's a group of pics someone posted & it goes in themes sort of. There's Jen "thing 1" no glasses, Devonte "thing 2" no glasses & the rest of the family hidden faces with glasses. Then 1 with everyone w/glasses. Then everyone without. Like they've all been directed.

That Huffington article and others are making me think one or both of these women are pathological liars.I have no doubt Davonte had a tough past but I seriously think she is embellishing.I mean the article makes it sound like the child can barely talk but all of a sudden he is in the grocery store where terrible racists mock him and he gives an adult like response.Sounds like a lifetime movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member