Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh....some will agree with his actions, and some will disagree... but it’s so blooming divisive....shall we all agree... no politics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reply #2.

Completely agree. I posted only to document his hourly rate.

Also I thought it was human interest that he is the same guy who was approached to represent Trump. It seems he is in high demand.

Yet his closing argument (what I heard of it, which wasn't all, but nonetheless a good deal) came off to me as off the cuff and ill-prepared.

If this was some high-powered legal strategy, I'll be durned if I can figure out the rationale behind it.

Shall we give a BIG shoutout for the ladies and gentlemen on this jury who put their lives on hold and made a significant sacrifice of time from their ( and their family’s ) lives for the sake of justice...and, in fact, to everyone who serves on a jury in the US.

Real people, who are the heart and soul of America.

Thanks for highlighting this for us BBL, they deserve our recognition.[emoji1360]

...That’s a fact...not my opinion!

I agree. I've been on two juries and it is no fun whatsoever. It's very stressful to have another person's fate in your hands.

Originally Posted by Mica View Post
In a press conference today, Mr. Greer said he believes the law in TN states that no more than 25% of a person’s salary can be garnished.

Greer is not kidding when he says the verdict is not about money because AS can retire tomorrow and nothing anybody can do about it. He will not lose his home, it's exempt! Case and point: Goldman Family awarded $35M in their Wrongful Death Lawsuit against OJ Simpson. Their award today stands at about $70M and almost nothing, zilch, has been paid to Goldman's on the verdict. OJ retirement, residence, etc. are typical protected assets from judgement.

Hi Seattle, I suppose the only ( positive) difference is, OJ Simpson had the protection of Res judicata....Mr Adam Shacknai doesn’t.

So, my next question...would the death penalty be an option in this case if it were to go to a criminal prosecution?

Seeing Mary weeping, saying her heart ached in the fact that Rebecca ...knew she was going to die...and tried to escape...”

...made me think about the cruelty and torture of this young woman....

Does it fit the criterion... ?I think it probably does...

https://law.justia.com/codes/california/2005/pen/187-199.html

Just my opinion....

I am in full agreement. I posted only to see if it is the same guy (it is) and to document his hourly rate.

More than one grand an hour. Holy moly.

Yes....and ’yikes’ was the word that came to my mind...! [emoji177]

A question was brought up last week and I never saw an answer. Was Adam examined and photographed for scratches and abrasions? I know he had a long sleeved shirt on when they questioned him. Anyone happen to know?

I recall the lead detective in her testimony said AS voluntarily gave DNA, fingerprints ...and his shoes ( he went home without them apparently) but there was no mention I can recollect of a body examination...it’s a good question.

What happened that night should have been easy to figure out. In any other case, the person who found the body, and who muffed his polygraph, and whose story didn&#8217;t make sense....he would have been the obvious suspect from Day One, and a competent investigation could have brought him to trial and conviction. IMO<modsnip>

Hi Seattle, I suppose the only ( positive) difference is, OJ Simpson had the protection of Res judicata....Mr Adam Shacknai doesn&#8217;t.

So, my next question...would the death penalty be an option in this case if it were to go to a criminal prosecution?

Seeing Mary weeping, saying her heart ached in the fact that Rebecca ...knew she was going to die...and tried to escape...&#8221;

Just my opinion....

On July 16, 2014, federal judge Cormac J. Carney of the United States District Court ruled that California's death penalty system is unconstitutional because it is arbitrary and plagued with delay. The state has not executed a prisoner since 2006.

If legal, It sure would have met the criteria IMO.

Geez, who made ME forum police?

LOL I just don't want to spoil the moment of justice, however incomplete, that we've wanted for Rebecca all these years.

Methodology....

One of the areas in this case that I have tried hard to focus on personally, is the methodology...the process involved in the playing out of this scenario.

I suppose in truth, I desperately wanted to try help in some way, to do something that could perhaps bring respite to the family. Tricia feeding back information through her contact with Mr Greer always gave me hope that if one of our group ideas or suggestions were passed on, it may just make a difference. It may just help toward winning the civil case.

I do hope the verdict today has brought at least some solace for the family, while we all know, there is nothing can ever replace Rebecca.

My suggestion is...There are so many knowledgeable, sharp, well informed minds here...are we up to the next hurdle...putting it all together?

Please God there will be a reopening of the case, but in the meantime...can we critique the scene of crime...how we believe it actually played out...what happened, how did this all fit together?

We can perhaps challenge and question each other&#8217;s theories.

What does everyone think of the idea? Is it appropriate to hypothesize? Should we start another thread of discussion?

I will be guided by your experience and knowledge of WS as I am very much the novice of the group!!!

Hi Seattle, I suppose the only ( positive) difference is, OJ Simpson had the protection of Res judicata....Mr Adam Shacknai doesn&#8217;t.

Seeing Mary weeping, saying her heart ached in the fact that Rebecca ...knew she was going to die...and tried to escape...&#8221;

Just my opinion....

Every time I start to imagine the horror of Rebecca's last hours and the fear she must have experienced, my brain shuts down and the picture goes blank.

I believe she literally fought to the death.

I recall the lead detective in her testimony said AS voluntarily gave DNA, fingerprints ...and his shoes ( he went home without them apparently) but there was no mention I can recollect of a body examination...it&#8217;s a good question.

BBM for focus.

Tangential: Of course, he had little choice but to do that. Refusing would have looked so suspicious that even SDSO's office might not have been able to overlook it.

On July 16, 2014, federal judge Cormac J. Carney of the United States District Court ruled that California's death penalty system is unconstitutional because it is arbitrary and plagued with delay. The state has not executed a prisoner since 2006.

If legal, It sure would have met the criteria IMO.

Thanks for clarifying that Seattle1 ... that was close call then!

I&#8217;m a Brit, and we don&#8217;t have the death penalty at all...( only took a mere 400 or so years for us to abolish it...!) but I had never read the statute for the US before today.

One possibility is that they believed it was murder but not proven beyond doubt that Adam was the one responsible.

That is why I was glad to hear the judge would not separate the charges. The jury was not given the option to say Rebecca was murdered but they didn't think Adam was responsible.

Both questions put to the jury had to do with Adam causing harm to Rebecca. It was either yes or no to both questions.

Mr. Greer did not call tonight but we all can give him a pass. Today he deserved to settle in early. Hopefully tomorrow.

Don't forget to keep posting your questions and I'll do my best to ask.

Thanks, everyone.

Goodnight,
Tricia

Welcome back JBS! It was NR whose Insurance carrier settled and I believe that's where the rumor rumble hit the boards.

Before the trial, I read the 2015 Engagement Agreement between Winston & Strawn hired to represent Ferguson, MO in it's US Justice Dept Investigation and Dan Webb was designated Partner in Charge normal billing rate @ $1,335/hr. (Rates ranged $725hr - $1250).

Holy guacamole! He represented Ferguson, too. Wow. He gets around with ... well, not allowed to say it, but I'm thinking it.

BBM for focus.

Tangential: Of course, he had little choice but to do that. Refusing would have looked so suspicious that even SDSO's office might not have been able to overlook it.

Very much agree...

Reply #2.

Completely agree. I posted only to document his hourly rate.

Also I thought it was human interest that he is the same guy who was approached to represent Trump. It seems he is in high demand.

Yet his closing argument (what I heard of it, which wasn't all, but nonetheless a good deal) came off to me as off the cuff and ill-prepared.

If this was some high-powered legal strategy, I'll be durned if I can figure out the rationale behind it.

BBM

Yes! I read a bit of his background and learned how successful and sought after he is. Imo, his closing argument was disconcerting. I was waiting for him to put it all together (by "all together" I mean a solid argument why his client should not be liable) for me but it never happened. Not in the least.

MOO, JMO, MHO, Etc

Methodology....

One of the areas in this case that I have tried hard to focus on personally, is the methodology...the process involved in the playing out of this scenario.

I suppose in truth, I desperately wanted to try help in some way, to do something that could perhaps bring respite to the family. Tricia feeding back information through her contact with Mr Greer always gave me hope that if one of our group ideas or suggestions were passed on, it may just make a difference. It may just help toward winning the civil case.

I do hope the verdict today has brought at least some solace for the family, while we all know, there is nothing can ever replace Rebecca.

My suggestion is...There are so many knowledgeable, sharp, well informed minds here...are we up to the next hurdle...putting it all together?

Please God there will be a reopening of the case, but in the meantime...can we critique the scene of crime...how be believe it actually played out...what happened, how did this all fit together?

We can perhaps challenge and question each other&#8217;s theories.

What does everyone think of the idea? Is it appropriate to hypothesize? Should we start another thread of discussion?

I will be guided by your experience and knowledge of WS as I am very much the novice of the group!!!

Great idea -- I vote yes. There are many cases still openly being discussed on WS. I'm not 100% As acted alone. How does one ignore the evidence that went untested or contaminated? Results could reveal more than we ever imagined. I'm just as intrigued with the three theories (psychological, sociological, and biological) used to explain criminal behavior. I'm sure I'm not alone in struggling with AS seemingly impaired response to verdict...

IMHO even if this case got into a criminal court, I don't believe AS or anyone else would be up for the death penalty. I am not saying that the death of Rebecca Zahau at the hands of another is unworthy of it, absolutely not at all. It is very hard to bring a death penalty case to trial and in this matter, it will be a slight miracle if anyone is charged in a criminal court of law. I truly hope that it happens one day though. I hate thinking AS gets to run around free for the rest of his life and anyone who may have been complicit is let off the hook as well.

Today was a true victory in justice for Rebecca and hopefully starts healing her family. I know it's not about the money for them.

Thanks for clarifying that Seattle1 ... that was close call then!

I&#8217;m a Brit, and we don&#8217;t have the death penalty at all...( only took a mere 400 or so years for us to abolish it...!) but I had never read the statute for the US before today.

Were mates, hence my non blood plasma references! (O/T -- did you ever look at Joanna Yeates murder in Bristol a few Christmas ago)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member