CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or possibly have the kid let it slip, yep.

Even if WA Medicaid didn't cover it, you can get that kind of work done at a discount or charity rates at the Oregon Health Sciences University dental school right across the river in Portland. And with their gift for blarney, no doubt if they had wanted to they could have fundraised and talked their way into getting not just discount or free dental work, but a photo op for all involved too. If they had wanted to.

I've had extensive dental work done at dental schools, including a root canal and all four wisdom teeth cut out under sedation. It is still expensive. Not that that's the reason they didn't have it done.

RSBM

Wonder if those women had killed some of the kids' pets in order to 'punish' them ? Horrifying to think-- but there has to be a reason this girl was so frightened.
Kids (imo) like their 'creature comforts' .... and it would take a lot for them to flee their home.

That is a downright horrifying thought. However, if I was going to jump out of a second story window and tell people I wasn't being treated properly and needed help, I might also mention something like that, if it had happened.

I tried to reply yesterday about this case but I couldn't.
I am from Alexandria, Minnesota where the abuse took place.
Regarding the burning cross, KKK story from Minnesota... I seriously doubt that happened! There is nothing documented about it. I forwarded the story to a local reporter and to the police, suggesting that if it wasn't true they should do a story to refute the charges so we don't look so bad as a community.

The local reporter said they found nothing in their searches. She said she talked to police and they also said that it didn't happen "that they could recall." I have not personally heard back from the police.

I took a picture of the house they lived in here and it seems doubtful that could have happened. It's an older neighborhood and houses are close together. They did not have much of a front yard.

(Sorry if this has been covered but I know a few people asked me.)

I think the story should be refuted. Being from MN, I was skeptical because I am sure I miss a lot, but that is not something I would have missed. I have gone there to the Resort as well as friends have gone there so it would catch my eye, and if not mine, others.

If you would like to hear the voices of the six children, this music is from the work they did with the musician. Scroll down to listen to the song labeled "Hart." It's a spoken word song, each of them giving thanks. The other songs are them, too. It is 3 years old, but very sweet to hear their voices.
https://soundcloud.com/youthmusicempowerment

Actually, the DM article does quote the Woodland neighbors as well. The DeKalbs. He says that the Harts told him the lie that they moved from OR because they kids were bullied at school (they were homeschooled in OR, never enrolled in public school there!). You weren’t wrong.

Yeah, they did quote two neighbors, but not one from MN, which is what I was confused about. :)

Aaaaagh. They got me! You are right. I am going to try to get rid of my comment.

They "got" a lot of us. Not just DM but other media as well. They print stuff as fact but then don't cooberate using anyone that actually saw or heard anything so it just turns out really be Jen's tall tales. MOO

This is the story that they told their neighbor in Oregon.

No one can find an actual story that happened in MN.

They "got" a lot of us. Not just DM but other media as well. They print stuff as fact but then don't cooberate using anyone that actually saw or heard anything so it just turns out really be Jen's tall tales. MOO

Agreed! I have been really frustrated by how the DeKalb (Woodland neighbors) stories have been reported different every time. (i.e. the girl who visited their house, in one report she opened the door and appeared in their bedroom, another she knocked. In one it was last spring, in another it was a couple months ago! Argh.) I can't tell if it is the neighbors who's stories change and evolve, or if it is the different reporters putting their spin on things. This case has been really the worst, as far as reliable information from the media.

Agreed! I have been really frustrated by how the DeKalb (Woodland neighbors) stories have been reported different every time. (i.e. the girl who visited their house, in one report she opened the door and appeared in their bedroom, another she knocked. In one it was last spring, in another it was a couple months ago! Argh.) I can't tell if it is the neighbors who's stories change and evolve, or if it is the different reporters putting their spin on things. This case has been really the worst, as far as reliable information from the media.

That has really frustrated me as well. I have actually wondered if there is some sort of animus that is driving the DeKalb's assumptions about the family, but then I thought, they saw and heard a lot of disturbing things from the kids, they tried to help, and now look what they have to live with, through no fault of their own. I have decided that if you sort of piece together the statements, it sounds like Hannah knocked on the door frantically and when they opened, she bolted upstairs.

Edited to add: they are better people than I am, opening the door at 1:30 in the morning. Not this chick. I read way too many crime stories.

We cannot take photos from or link to social media of people other than Jennifer and Sarah Hart. Please do not link to their friends' or neighbors' social media or post photos from those people's pages.

Can we not post photos that the mother/suspect/abusers were tagged in on their public sm?

Any word from family of Jen or Sarah? Parents, siblings, etc?

I’m not new but obviously confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any word from family of Jen or Sarah? Parents, siblings, etc?

One of their father(s) spoke and there was msm on thread 1 but I don’t have the link and I’m going to bed now. May be a beast to find with the new tapatalk layout but if someone else doesn’t find it first, I’ll dig it up in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m sorry you were petrified but I’m glad that I’m not crazy for feeling anxious about that highway. I truly do not think I could drive or be a passenger on that road without a sedative ha. Well only a sedative if I was a passenger obviously. God forbid someone coming from the opposite direction is drunk, or texting, or just loses control of their car. Where are the guard rails? It just seems so unsafe. But I’m glad to hear there is a more reasonable route. I couldn’t imagine having to drive on that scary road every day to get to and from work.

You’re not crazy at all bears! Highway 1 is not a road for sissies. Guardrails spoil the ocean view apparently. I’ve been on many stretches of it in my younger days, and it’s insanely spectacular, but I wouldn’t do it now even on Xanax! Besides, if I’m too doped up I couldn’t “help” my husband drive and hit the “brakes” on the passenger floorboards. :eek: :D Anyone who lives in towns along that road has to drive it to get anywhere, like the store, school or work, etc. If you think this stretch is bad try google-driving on highway 1 from Carmel through Big Sur. The inland roads (101 and I-5) are well inland and getting to them requires pretty curvy roads east. As I’m found of explaining to people who love that road and others like it...”I don’t do edges.” I feel the same way about the Grand Canyon...been there, hated the edges and didn’t buy the t-shirt.

ALEXANDRA ARGYROPOULOS-friend who reported Harts

Argyropoulos said she was unaware of a 2011 domestic assault conviction against Sarah Hart. She said she had met the couple on Facebook, knew them for about eight months and that the family visited her in the Bay Area twice. The couple broke off contact with her after she voiced concerns to them about their treatment of the children, she said.

In a statement provided to The Associated Press, Alexandra Argyropoulos, a former friend of the Harts, said she "witnessed what I felt to be controlling emotional abuse and cruel punishment" toward the six children.

She was told after she made the report that Oregon officials had interviewed the children but it was apparent that each child had been coached by their mothers on what to say. She said she was told there was nothing more the Oregon Department of Human Services could do because there was not enough evidence to make a case.

"My heart is completely broken. The current system failed to protect these children from their abusers," Argyropoulos said.

MORE HERE
:http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-cliff-plunge-child-abuse-20180403-story.html

ALEXANDRA ARGYROPOULOS-friend who reported Harts

Argyropoulos said she was unaware of a 2011 domestic assault conviction against Sarah Hart. She said she had met the couple on Facebook, knew them for about eight months and that the family visited her in the Bay Area twice. The couple broke off contact with her after she voiced concerns to them about their treatment of the children, she said.

In a statement provided to The Associated Press, Alexandra Argyropoulos, a former friend of the Harts, said she "witnessed what I felt to be controlling emotional abuse and cruel punishment" toward the six children.

She was told after she made the report that Oregon officials had interviewed the children but it was apparent that each child had been coached by their mothers on what to say. She said she was told there was nothing more the Oregon Department of Human Services could do because there was not enough evidence to make a case.

"My heart is completely broken. The current system failed to protect these children from their abusers," Argyropoulos said.

MORE HERE
:http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-cliff-plunge-child-abuse-20180403-story.html

�� Hey, at least she tried.

I understand time out, although I do not think I would use that technique anymore. I leanred about the problem solving technique and expressing emotions a few years ago. I feel those are far better.

Anyway, I don’t get food deprivation. What is the point of that? When is it used? If the kid won’t do what you say, you do not serve him a meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle