Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

It's absolutely awful to think of Liam under the water. I was wrong to dismiss this being a possibility I did not know enough about it. Thank you everyone for your informative posts and for caring about Liam.

Yes an awful thought. Let's hope it is not so and he will turn up somehow, somewhere.

How far is where Liam went missing from outside the city where there are open fields or woodland etc? Have taxi drivers been questioned to see if they gave Liam a ride? After Scotsman Keir’s remains were found today from suicide I worry Liam may have done so too and he hasn’t been found yet.

How far is where Liam went missing from outside the city where there are open fields or woodland etc? Have taxi drivers been questioned to see if they gave Liam a ride? After Scotsman Keir’s remains were found today from suicide I worry Liam may have done so too and he hasn’t been found yet.

Sorry can’t help with distance to open fields, it’s a possibility though.

So sad about Keir, and only 24.

i dont mean to slag ur home town off.when u live in a place u become used to it and see it differently to some who may visit..i used to live in a big city and there were parts i thought were fine,just my city but in reality they could be dodgy.this is all going off topic all i was trying to point out is spiking does happen and a bit more than people may admit..a lot of events arnt reported,people put it down to a learning curve...it was only it might have happened ,not saying it did.there are cases around the world people have dissapeared only to be found years later living a completely life happily blind to who they were..its rare but rare is not impossible..

Promised to reply at length, so will do now. Sorry for the delay. And the rambling that's about to follow.
I did not perceive your post as a slagging off at all.
Some background. It's not "my" city. I moved here 10 years ago. Also I live quite a bit away from the Reeperbahn, where the last confirmed (to my knowledge) is. So I don't feel "loyalty as such'.
However I do go out a bit and have been to Reeperbahn a lot. It is completely different to any type of red light district I have passed before. Example Frankfurt: Wouldn't walk through the area during the day with a friend even. Reeperbahn is completely fine. Sure it's full of prostitutes, s*x shops and shows. Lots of police around as well though. And tons of restaurants, bars, musicals, theatres, etc. Close to the football stadium and funfair. It really is THE place to go out. Always has been. Buzzing with people at all hours.

There are plenty of dodgy places in Hamburg. Places I would definitely not wander about on my own. But I really wouldn't consider this place to be like that. It can't really be compared.
I'm sure it's hard to image.

Spiking definitely happens. To woman in "normal" places, to men in "dodgy stripclubs". To make them fork over money. There are clubs you really shouldn't go into. There will be well dressed, well articulated men outside the front door trying to lure you in. Maybe on the pretense of selling cheap beer. Inside you then have to pay hundreds because you clapped for a dancer and that's considered a contract. If you search the news you well see examples for this scam. It happens again and again. And they won't let you leave without paying up. They might "compromise" by taking all the cash you have on you. But not get rid of you...

BUT ... judging from the stills of the webcam, Liam seems to have been quite drunk. Also... not to be offending at all... doesn't look financially well off. At least compared to other people. So he would not have been targeted.

It is my belief that he was "just" drunk. German beer can be quite a lot stronger than what foreigners are used to. Add shots to it and maybe drinking starting during the day and the state of him is no surprise.

I don't trust the sightings really.
Though it is very easy to hop into a subway or tram and go quite a bit away from the city. Especially if falling asleep.

PS: In the UK it's quite common to go abroad for a stag do/hen night. Someone else had mentioned this somewhere here as well.

There are fenlands (Moor) between Hamburg and Buxtehude.

View attachment 132380

This made me think of something else. There are a lot of garden plots in and around Hamburg. So just a bit of garden with a small (usually wooden) house on them. Maybe he wandered about drunk, got lost, stumbled across garden plots, and wanted to sleep off the drink in one of those houses. And then something happened. Maybe froze...

'OUT OF IDEAS' Cops hunting for missing Liam Colgan in Germany admit case has left them baffled
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...6/missing-liam-colgan-german-police-no-ideas/
[...]

Two months after Liam, 29, disappeared on his brother’s stag do, German police revealed they are no closer to finding him
His worried family now fear the postie could have suffered a head injury on the party weekend in Hamburg, leaving him dazed and confused.

Police in the city confirmed the case is still open but said there are no positive leads.

A source added: “We’re at a point where we no longer know where we should look for him. That’s the problem.

“We have looked for him with dogs and reconstructed where he may have walked but this hasn’t led to information on his whereabouts.”

The insider confirmed cops tried to track Liam through his phone but the battery was flat.

She said: “We all hope he’s alive but it is possible he had a fatal accident.

“We just don’t know. After the phone was switched off, there was one last sighting, on the CCTV of a big firm.

“In the footage you can see him — he was heavily intoxicated — as he is helped up by someone.

“They went separate ways. That’s where we lost track.”

Eamonn, of Broughty Ferry, near Dundee, said: “We want people to remain on the lookout.

“If Liam reads this he needs to know that everyone is desperate to get him home.”

'OUT OF IDEAS' Cops hunting for missing Liam Colgan in Germany admit case has left them baffled
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...6/missing-liam-colgan-german-police-no-ideas/
[...]

Two months after Liam, 29, disappeared on his brother’s stag do, German police revealed they are no closer to finding him
His worried family now fear the postie could have suffered a head injury on the party weekend in Hamburg, leaving him dazed and confused.

Police in the city confirmed the case is still open but said there are no positive leads.

A source added: “We’re at a point where we no longer know where we should look for him. That’s the problem.

“We have looked for him with dogs and reconstructed where he may have walked but this hasn’t led to information on his whereabouts.”

The insider confirmed cops tried to track Liam through his phone but the battery was flat.

She said: “We all hope he’s alive but it is possible he had a fatal accident.

“We just don’t know. After the phone was switched off, there was one last sighting, on the CCTV of a big firm.

“In the footage you can see him — he was heavily intoxicated — as he is helped up by someone.

“They went separate ways. That’s where we lost track.”

Eamonn, of Broughty Ferry, near Dundee, said: “We want people to remain on the lookout.

“If Liam reads this he needs to know that everyone is desperate to get him home.”

It is a baffling case I just hope they are keeping an eye on the water.

A sobering article, makes me think that stag night events or any similar type gatherings that might involve a great deal of drinking, should assign or hire a chaperone or two.
imo, speculation.
8 Apr 2018
https://www.theguardian.com/global/2018/apr/08/when-stag-nights-go-wrong
[h=1]When stag nights go wrong[/h]
A stag night used to mean a few drinks down the pub. Now it’s a test of masculinity fuelled by cheap airfares and alcohol. Sirin Kale hears about those who lost so much more than just a night’s memories

A dead body has been found today. Let's hope it's not Liam. ��

https://www.tag24.de/nachrichten/sc...misster-schotte-fluss-hamburg-wandsbek-511467
I don‘t think it‘s him though. The article says that neighbors reported they heard a loud argument taking place the night before and the body shows signs suggesting that a murder took place. They also found a tent and a sleeping pad in the water and this area is known to be frequented by homeless people.

It's said that Police has found personal papers which shows that the person was born 1979, so it's not Liam

Yes please!
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/new...lowing-two-credible-sightings-of-missing-man/
April 10 2018
[h=1]Liam Colgan’s family returning to Germany following two ‘credible’ sightings of missing man[/h]
On Tuesday morning the Help Find Liam Colgan Facebook page gave an update on the appeal to trace the 29-year-old musician.

The statement released said there were two “credible” sightings of Liam in Hamburg, in Altona and the Reeperbahn last Thursday.

Liam’s brother Eamonn and his partner Susan are travelling back to Hamburg this week “on the strength of these sightings”, with a photograph provided.

However the Help Find Liam Colgan page added that the image was “not conclusive”.
“Whilst we are not overly optimistic regarding the photo we have received we feel there are similar characteristics between the male in the photo and Liam that need to be investigated.

“We must also consider that Liam has been missing two months now and his appearance will have changed.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back